Come on .
进来吧
I thought maybe you were a cop or somethin’ .
我还以为你是警♥察♥
It’s the room in the back.
在后面的房♥间里
He wasn’t expecting you so soon , though .
他没料到你这么快就到
Thanks.
谢了
The great Henry Gondorff.
伟大的亨利康夫
Turn it off!
把它关掉
You sober?
你清醒了吗
Turn it off, will you?
叫你关掉 听到没
Glad to meet you , kid . You’re a real horse’s ass.
小鬼 很高兴见到你 你真的是个大浑蛋
Luther said I could learn somethin’ from you .
路德说我可以 从你这学到东西
I already know how to drink.
我已经会喝酒了
Sorry about Luther.
路德的事 我很难过
He was the best street worker I ever saw.
他是我遇过 最好的街头工作者
He had you down as a big-timer.
你是他口中的行家
What happened?
怎么回事
I conned a senator from Florida on a stock deal .
在一宗股票交易上 我骗了佛罗里达的参议员
A real lop-ear. Thought he was gonna take over General Electric.
一个大混♥蛋♥ 以为他能接收奇异公♥司♥
Some chanteuse woke him , though , and he put the feds on me.
某个女歌♥手提醒了他 害我被联邦政♥府♥通缉
You mean you blew it.
也就是说 你搞砸了
Luther didn’t tell me you had a big mouth .
路德没告诉我你很多嘴
He didn’t tell me you was a screw-up , either.
他也告诉我你自身难保
You played any big cons since then?
从那次起有没有再行骗呢
Oh , I lammed around a bunch of bohunk towns,
我屈身于低层工人所在的城市
one kick ahead of the G-men .
幸亏贝莉把我弄到这儿
Would be still , if Billie hadn’t set me up here.
否则仍在那儿
Don’t kid yourself, friend . I still know how.
别担心 我的技术还是一流的
Are you going to stay for breakfast,
要不要留下来吃早点
or do you already know how to eat?
或者要我教你怎么吃
I picked something up along the way.
沿途我听了一些消息
ls Lonnegan after you , too?
隆根在追你吗
I don’t know. I ain’t seen anybody.
我不晓得 我没见到任何人
You never do, kid .
孩子 你永远不会的
Doyle?
德利
Yeah .
干嘛
We just talked to Chicago .
我们才刚跟芝加哥通电♥话♥
They got one of the grifters last night. A nigger.
他们昨晚杀了一个黑鬼
How about the other one?
另外一个呢
They’re still looking for him .
还在找
Who did Combs put on it?
康布派谁去做的
He gave it to Riley and Cole .
怀利和柯尔
They staked out the other guy’s place last night,
他们在另一个家伙的屋外监视
but he never showed .
可是他一直没回家
They figure maybe he skipped town .
估计他可能已经离城了
Do you want to keep after him?
还要继续追他吗
You see that fella in the red sweater over there?
看到那个穿红毛衣的人吗
H is name’s Danny McCoy.
他叫丹尼麦考
Works a few of the protection rackets for Carnello
在等待机会的同时
when he’s waiting for something better to happen .
他是其他组织的打手
Danny and I have known each other since we were six.
我们六岁就认识了
Take a good look at that face, Floyd .
弗洛伊再仔细看看那张脸
Because if he ever finds out I can be beat by one lousy grifter,
万一他知道 我被其他小混混打败
I’ll have to kill him and every other hood
我就得杀了他跟那些
who wants to muscle in on my Chicago operation .
想瓜分我芝加哥地盘的人
You follow?
听清楚了吗
Yes, sir.
是的 先生
Good lad .
好孩子
Hey, you feeling all right this morning , Henry?
亨利 今天早上你觉得怎样
Yeah , fine.
还不错
Would you mind opening up the round a little early today?
可以早点开放旋转木马吗
We got some business coming in before hours.
在开门前 会有其他生意上门
Sure . And check the main gearing , will you?
没问题 你去检查一下齿轮装置
Man O’ War started rattling yesterday and threw a kid on its head .
昨天因为出问题 把一个小孩给摔了出去
Great little countess , that Billie.
那个贝莉是位女强人
She runs a spiffy house up there, too.
在上面经营一家很棒的俱乐部
You , uh , plan to spend the rest of your life here?
你打算在这里终老一生吗
I could do a lot worse.
可能更糟
Listen , Gondorff, am I gonna learn to play the big con or not?
到底我能不能从你那 学到更高明的骗术
What’s your hurry?
急什么
I wanna play for Lonnegan .
我想整整隆根
You know anything about the guy?
你对那人了解吗
Yeah , he croaked Luther. Anything else I got to know?
他杀了路德 还要知道什么
All right.
好吧
He runs a numbers racket on the South Side ,
他在南区 有几家地下赌场
he owns a packinghouse, a few banks–
一间包装公♥司♥ 几家银行
Yeah , and half the politicians in New York and Chicago .
以及纽约和芝加哥区 半数以上的政客
Not a fix in this world gonna cool him out if he blows on you .
如果他要整你 没人能帮你
I’ll get him anyway. Why?
我一定要治治他 为什么
‘Cause I don’t know enough about killin’ to kill him .
因为我不是杀手 要杀他很困难
You can’t do it alone, you know.
你一个人做不来吧
It takes a mob of guys and enough money to make them look good .
需要很多人 及一大笔钱才整得了他
I know plenty of guys.
我认识一大堆人
It’s not like playing winos. You can’t outrun a–
这与骗酒鬼不同 你逃不过他的追杀
I never played for no winos.
我从不玩骗酒鬼的把戏
You’ve gotta keep his con even after you take his money.
你必须拿了他的钱 还不被他发现
He can’t know you took him .
不能让他识破
You’re scared of him .
你太怕他了
Right down to my socks, buster.
从头怕到脚 小鬼
You’re talkin’ about a guy who would kill a grifter
我们在说一个人
over a chunk of money that wouldn’t support him for two days.
可以为一笔很小的钱 而杀一个老千
You’re going to go for him .
你要对付他 对不对
I just don’t want a hothead looking to get even ,
我不想见到一个性急 一心只想报复的小鬼
coming back halfway through saying ,
在半途中发难
it ain’t enough , ’cause it’s all we’re gonna get.
认为这样做无法弥补所失
Can you get a mob together?
你可以找到一群骗子吗
After what happened to Luther,
在路德的事发生后
I don’t think I can get more than 200 , 300 guys.
我最多只能找到两三百人
Luther said you learn fast. I hope he’s right.
路德说你学的很快 希望他是对的
Lonnegan gets most of his income from the numbers
赌场是隆根的收入来源
even though he’s been putting more money
但他仍不停的把钱放入
into his savings-and-loan business.
他名下的银行及贷款公♥司♥
You think he’s moving out of the racket? No.
他会离开地下赌场这行吗 不
He owns most of the stock that’s traded .
他拥有大多数的股票及交易
But my guess is he’s just trying to build himself a respectable image.
我认为他想建立 个人的社会形象
He came out of Five Points,
他来自贫民区
but he’s been telling everybody he was born in Forest Hills.
却告诉别人他出生上流社会
He knows the market, though .
他对股市很熟悉
I don’t think we can take him on a stocks deal .
不能以股票对付他
Twist, what about the numbers?
托斯 赌场呢
Tipsters say it’s run out of a packinghouse on 14th by a guy named Combs .
他开设在14街的包装公♥司♥ 由康布主持
Lonnegan comes out every three weeks to check on it, but
隆根每三个礼拜巡视一次
he stays away from the day-to-day stuff in case it’s raided .
为免被突袭 他不留在那
These are two of Combs’ favorite torpedoes: Riley and Cole .
怀利和柯尔是他的得力助手
You ever seen ’em?
你见过他们吗
No. They’re the ones who hit Luther.
没有 就是他们杀死路德
They also got the numbers runner you conned .
他们还有几个信差
A guy named Mottola.
包括被你骗过的摩特拉
Found him in a quarry with a knife in his eye.
他的尸体在采石场被发现
Lonnegan’s had seven or eight people rubbed on his way up .
隆根在往上爬的时候 干掉过七 八个人
His pattern has been to get close to a racket boss,
模式是先接近上司
learn the operation , then move in on it.
待学会了就把他一脚踹开
He’s done it to Gorman , O’Donnell , Buchalman .
他以同样的手法对付柯曼 康尼及布曼
He took the numbers from Sharkey.
从沙克手中接手赌场
All four of these guys are dead .
这四个人全死了
He’s vindictive as hell , Henry.
他有仇必报
Kills for pride.
为自尊而杀人
Doesn’t add up he’d let Hooker get away from him .
他绝不会放过虎克
You see anything , kid , you let us know.
你看到任何事 一定要告诉我们
lf they put you on the spot, we got to fold the con . You got that?
如果被他逼的走投无路 就必须放弃计划 明白吗
Yeah . You sure it’s got to be one of these two guys?
你确定是这两人之一吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!