给我点吃的…
Give me something to eat?
我六个月才挣36卢比 要我全都给你吗?
I’ve earned 36 rupees in six months. Shall I give it all to you?
那我又吃什么?
Then what should I eat?
给我点吃的吧 孩子
Give me some food, my child.
这个女人疯了!把她赶走 她疯了
This woman has gone crazy!Get her out of here. She’s lost her mind.
把她抓起来!你不是警♥察♥吗?
Arrest her! You are the police!
巴拉姆
Balram.
我需要你开车送我
I need you to drive me.
你寻找钥匙找了很多年 但那扇门一直开着
You were looking for the key for years,but the door was always open.
您刚才说什么了吗 夫人?
Did you say something, madam?
航♥班♥?
Flight?
-什么航♥班♥?什么? -我真不知道是什么航♥班♥ 先生
– What flight? What? – I really don’t know, sir, what flight.
-你为什么没叫醒我? -先生…
– Why didn’t you wake me up? – Sir…
-你为什么没告诉我? -我只是听从她的吩咐
– Why didn’t you tell me? – Sir, I did what she asked me to.
你为什么背着我把她送走?
Why would you drop her behind my back?
-你为什么那样做? -您不能怪我
– Why would you do that? – Sir, you can’t blame me.
那我该怪谁?你是我的司机!
Who should I blame then? You’re my driver!
先生 我从没听说过 女人离开自己丈夫的
I’ve never heard of a woman leaving her husband, sir.
-她没有离开我 -先生 不要打我
– She has not left me. – Sir, don’t hit me.
-她没有离开我 -不要打我
– She hasn’t left me. – Sir, don’t hit me.
她绝不会离开我的 你这该死的
She’d never leave me, you piece of shit.
-我的领子… -她在哪里?
– My collar… – Where’s Pinky?
-先生 别扯… -在哪…
– Sir, leave my… – Where’s…
先生 不要扯我的领子!
Sir, leave my collar!
真希望他们当时送你去坐牢
I wish they had put you in jail.
我等了两天 等我的主人打电♥话♥找我
I waited two days for my master to call me.
他是不是回美国了而没有告诉我?
Had he gone back to America and not told me?
您还好吧 先生?
Are you okay, sir?
你怎么不也收拾一下走人?
Why didn’t you pack up and leave too?
先生 您这样会把自己饿坏的
Sir, it is not good to starve yourself like this.
先生 要不要我…
Sir, should I…
这整件事都是她造成的
The whole fucking thing was her fault.
他妈的贱♥人♥
Fucking bitch.
要不要我点个披萨 先生?
Should I call for pizza, sir?
感觉好些了吗 先生?
Feeling better, sir?
先生 您一定要相信神
You must believe in God, sir.
我奶奶说信神就会有好事发生
My Granny says if you believe in God, then good things will happen.
巴拉姆 你为什么对我这么好?
Why are you so kind to me, Balram?
这是我的职责 先生
It is my duty, sir.
先生 我给您调了酸柠檬汁
Sir, I made some nimbu pani for you.
喝了这个您会觉得很清爽的
Have this, you’ll feel ekdum fresh, sir.
阿肖克先生?
Ashok Sir?
阿肖克先生?
Ashok Sir?
阿肖克先生?
Ashok Sir?
我们到底是表面爱主人 其实对他们恨之入骨呢
Do we loathe our masters behind a facade of love,
还是表面上憎恨他们 心里却爱着他们?
or do we love them behind a facade of loathing?
平姬在哪里?
Where’s Pinky?
您得睡一觉 先生
You need to sleep, sir.
巴拉姆 不要离开 好吗?
Don’t leave, Balram, okay?
我就在这里 先生
I’m right here, sir.
“巴拉姆 你为什么对我这么好?”
“Why are you so kind to me, Balram?”
平姬夫人走了 我知道 自己有义务像他老婆一样照顾他
With Pinky Madam gone, I knew it was my duty to be like a wife to him.
我没有让他喝酒 而且让他振作了起来
I didn’t let him drink, and I lifted his spirits.
先生 这里的食物 您吃了永远都忘不了
Once you have the food here, sir, you’ll never forget it.
这个很好吃
This is amazing.
从现在开始 我只吃你吃的东西
From now on, I’ll only eat your kind of food.
我却只想吃您吃的东西
And I only want to eat your kind of food.
你比我更了解真正的印度
You know the real India better than me.
你知道 是我妈妈
You know, my mom,
鼓励我去美国 在那里读书的
she was the one who encouraged me to go to America and study.
平姬很喜欢我妈妈
Pinky really loved her.
先生 平姬夫人跟我说过 您是个很有才干的人
You know, sir, Pinky Madam told me that you are a great man
她说您一定能在印度成大事
who is going to do great things in India, sir.
-她什么时候说的? -她离开的那天早上
– When did she say that? – The morning she left.
她在去机场的路上一直哭
She was crying the entire way to the airport, sir.
她跟我说您绝不会 让穆克什先生牵着鼻子走
And she told me that you will not let Mukesh Sir tell you what to do.
还说她对您有信心
And that she believes in you.
她会回到您身边的 先生
She’ll come back to you, sir.

Yeah.
她会回来的 我有这种感觉
She’s coming back. I can feel it.
我也有这种感觉
I can feel it, too, sir.
你好吗?
How are you?
去取车
Go get the car.
去取车
Get the car.
离婚?
Divorce?
她说的?
She said that?
-别担心 我会处理 -她走了你在心里偷笑吧?
– Don’t worry. I’m handling it. – You’re probably happy she’s gone.
不是这样的 我希望你幸福 弟弟
That’s not true. I want your happiness, bhai.
-我要去跟她谈谈 -等等 打住 阿肖克
– I’m gonna go there and talk to her. – Wait, stop. Ashok.
-不行 我必须跟她谈… -你这个状态 不能打给她
– No, I need to talk to her… – You can’t call her like this.
不要这样哀求她 你会后悔的
Stop pleading like this. You’ll regret it.
我唯一后悔的事 就是那天晚上让她开车
The only thing I regret is letting her drive that night.
-那不怪你 你知道的 -就是我的错
– It’s not your fault. You know. – It is my fault.
听着 我会陪着你 你需要我陪多久都行
Listen, I can stay with you as long as you like.
我点个你喜欢吃的披萨吧 有通心粉那种
Let me order that pizza which you like, that macaroni one.
对不起 哥哥 没有你的话 我真…
I’m sorry, bhai. Without you, I’d?
先生 看看我给您带了什么
Look what I brought for you, sir.
好吃的秋葵 还是热的
Nice and hot okra.
-我现在不想吃东西 -就像我们那天晚上吃的一样
– I don’t want food right now. – Just like we had the other night, sir.
香脆可口 尝一尝
Nice and crispy, check it out.
我不在乎
I don’t give a shit.
别那样说 吃一小口嘛
Don’t say that. Have a little bit.
我不饿!
I’m not hungry!
请你走吧
Get lost, please.
他不想吃 你为什么要烦他?
He doesn’t feel like it. Why’re you up in his ass?
王八蛋 把地板扫干净!
Get rid of it, sister-fucker!
你能不能别烦我?让我静一静
Can you just leave me alone for a second?
阿肖克先生叫你之前 别像苍蝇一样烦他!
Until Ashok Sir calls you, don’t hover like a fly!
先生
Yes, sir.
当仆人的渴望是我从小被教导出来的
The desire to be a servant had been bred into me,
被灌输进我的血液里 被强塞到我的思想里
poured into my blood, hammered into my skull.
9300卢比 这个数目很怪
Ninety-three hundred rupees, a strange sum,
几乎是我三个月的薪水 但还差一点
almost three months my salary but not quite.
也许她最初给了一万 但后来拿掉了七百?
Maybe she started with 10,000 and then deducted 700?
不对
No, no, no.
这不是有钱人的思维
That is not how rich people think.
你这白♥痴♥什么都没学到吗?
Have you not learned anything, you idiot?
如果她觉得欠你一万 那实际上她欠了你十倍都不止
If she thought she owed you 10,000, she truly owed you ten times more.
十倍都不止 不对!一百倍都不止
Ten times more. No! A hundred times more. A hundred times more.
他们让我签了那份自首书 可我没有要一点回报
They made me sign that confession, and I asked for nothing in return.
我为什么没有要? 我根本就没想到要回报
Why did I not ask? I didn’t even think to ask.
我根本就没想到要回报
I didn’t even think to ask.
你有没有想过你以后的人生?
Have you ever thought about what happens to you in the future?
眼睛
Eyes.
只要你的眼睛还能看得见 你就会有工作
As long as you have eyes, you’ll work.
但你到了50岁、55岁左右 他们就会把你一脚踢开
But when you turn 50-55, they’ll kick your ass out.
然后呢?
And then?
如果你存了点钱 可以买♥♥个棚屋
If you’ve saved some money, you can buy a little shack.
但是如果你像我这么精明 能多挣点钱 也许生活会好点
But if you’re clever like me and earn extra money, then maybe more.
这是最好的情况了
That’s the best case scenario.
要是你老板无缘无故把你赶走
Imagine your boss kicks you out without any reason.
或者你出了意外!
Or you get into an accident!
那你就死定了!
You’ll be dead!
或者无家可归
Or homeless.
诶 乡下老鼠…
Hey, Country Mouse?
你没什么事吧?
Everything’s fine?
我好得很
First class.
我也不想跟你说这些 不过所有的司机都在议论你
I hate to tell you this, but all the drivers are talking about you.
说你自己一个人坐在你老板的车里…
That you sit in your boss’ car alone?
喃喃自语
muttering away to yourself.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!