♪ 那些在女校的日子 ♪
J“ those schoolgirl days j“
♪ 咬着指甲的故事已远去 ♪
j“ of telling tales and biting nails are gone j”
♪ 但内心深处 ♪
j“ but in my mind j“
片名:吾爱吾师 ♪
♪ 我知道永不磨灭 ♪
j“ I know they will still live j“
♪ 但该如何感谢 ♪
J“ but how do you thank someone j”
♪ 那位让你脱离粉笔改擦香水的人? ♪
j“ who has taken you from crayons to pen’ume? J“
♪ 这并不容易 但我会尝试 ♪
j“ it isn’t easy, but I’ll try j’
♪ 如果你愿意 ♪
j“ if you wanted the sky j“
♪ 我将在空中 填满文字 ♪
j“ I would write across the sky in letters j”
♪ 高悬一千英尺 写着: ♪
j“ that would soar a thousand feet high j”
♪ 吾爱吾师 ♪
j“ to sir, with love j”
♪ 那些生涩的岁月 已速远离 ♪
j“ those awkward years have hurried by j“
♪ 他们为何离去? ♪
j“ why did they fly away? J“
♪ 老师 是否因为 ♪
j“ why is it, sirj’
♪ 孩子终究会长大成人? ♪
j“ children grow up to be people one day? J’
♪ 外面的世界 ♪
j“ what takes the place of climbing trees j“
♪ 有什么能代替爬树和肮脏的膝盖? ♪
j“ and dirty knees in the world outside? J”
♪ 有什么是我能买♥♥给你的? ♪
j“ what is there for you I can buy? J’
♪ 如果你愿意 我要用围墙涂写着 ♪
j“ if you wanted the world I’d surround it with a wall j’
♪ 十英尺高的文字 写着: ♪
j“ I’d scrawl these words with letters 10 feet tall j’
♪ 吾爱 吾师 ♪
j“ to sir, with love j”
我的脚痛死了
My bleeding feet!
哈罗 约瑟夫太太
Oh! Hello, Mrs. Joseph.
我喜欢你的发色 草莓金吗?
I like your hair. Is that strawberry blond?
少来了 你是忌妒
Go on. You’re onlyjealous.
葛特 晚上给老头子吃什么?
What you got for the old man’s supper tonight?
他有碎肉丸跟甜豆就不错了
He’ll be lucky to get faggots and pease pudd, he will.
他也无能为力 对吧?
Well, he can’t do much on that, can he, eh?
我只要他能暖暖我的脚
All I want him for is to keep me feet warm.
查票 – 让一让 亲爱的
Excuse me, dearie.
葛特
Here, gert.
你介意把他 放进我的圣诞袜里吗?
Wouldn’t mind having this little lot in my stocking for Christmas, eh?
你不知道该拿他怎么办的 你守寡太久了
You wouldn’t know what to do with him. You’ve been a widow too long.
听你说的
You speak for yourself.
会骑脚踏车就一辈子不会忘
It’s like riding a bicycle. You never forget how.
那就好
Here, I’ll tell you what I’ll do.
我会把阿尔菲送给你 – 他一旦上手就还不赖
I’ll send my Alfie to you. He’s not bad once he gets going.
我希望他很会蹦
Well, I hope he’s well-sprung.
(北码头第二中学 校长:亚历山大‧福罗里安)

Morning.
找人吗 老兄?
Looking for someone?
不是
天气不错吧?
Nice day, isn’t it?
对不起
Sorry.
哈克曼在教职员室
Hackman’s in the staff room.
他只适合待在那里
Where he bleeding well belongs.

Good morning.
我叫萨克瑞 新来的教师
My name is thackeray. I’m a new teacher.
我们期待好久了
Yes. We were expecting you.
所以你是新来的待宰羔羊
So you’re the new lamb for the slaughter.
还是该称呼你”黑羊”?
Or should I say, black sheep?
不 我只是来教书的 哈克曼先生
No, just a teacher, Mr. Hackman.
我不是哈克曼 忘了哈克曼吧
I’m not hackman. Perish the thought.
他离开了 愿他安息
He’s departed, god rest his soul.
他可能正在向督学 倾吐内心的伤痛
He’s probably pouring out his woes to the divisional officer by now.
噢 威士顿
Oh, Weston.
我是伊凡斯太太 我叫葛蕾斯 副校长
I’m Mrs. Evans, grace. Deputy head.
伊凡斯太太你好
Mrs. Evans.
你见过学生了吗?
Have you seen any of the children yet?
我看到哈克曼先生班上的学生
I looked in on Mr. Hackman’s class for a moment.
我教他班上的家政课
Hmm. I take them for domestic science.
想喝杯茶吗?
Like a cup of tea?
谢谢 现在不用
No, thank you, not just now.
你教书很久了吗?
You been teaching long?
这是我第一份委任
This is my first appointment.
我们称之为工作
We call them jobs.
你是美国人吗?
American, are you?
英国人 来自英属圭亚那
British, from British guiana.
在美国待过一段时间
But I spent some years in the states.
哦 在哪里? – 加州
Oh? Where? – In California.
听说那里天气不错
Oh. Weather as good as they say?
好多了
It’s better.
你的专长是什么?
Uh, what was your subject?
你的主修是什么?
What did you major in?
工程学
Engineering. – Oh!
噢 我该走了
Well, uh, I must be off.
请随意吧
Make yourself at home.
你也可以四处看看 或是待在这里
Wander around, if you like, or stay here.
午休的时候再把你介绍给同仁
I’ll introduce you to the others at lunch.
谢谢
Thank you.
萨克瑞先生 这位是吉莉安
This is Gillian, Mr. Thackeray.
她叫吉莉安‧布兰察
Gillian Blanchard.
你好 – 幸会
Hello. – How do you do?
她也是新来的
She’s new here too.
前天刚到
Came the day before yesterday.
喝茶吗 吉莉安? – 谢谢
Tea, Gillian? – Thank you.
这位是马克‧萨克瑞先生 新来的代课老师
This is Mr. Mark thackeray, the new replacement.
幸会 – 乔西‧道尔斯和尤菲米亚‧菲利浦斯
Jose dawes, euphemia Phillips.
她们教低年级
Uh, they teach the little ones.
希奥‧威士顿你已经认识了 – 很荣幸
Theo Weston, you know.
他误认我是哈克曼
Yes, I’ve had the pleasure. He mistook me for hackman.
我听说他跑了 – 我不怪他
I heard he’s fled. – Can’t say I blame him.
人性会摧毁任何人
That shot of humanity’s enough to destroy anyone.
他是罪有应得
He got what he deserved.
我是克琳媞‧克琳崔吉 你好吗?
I’m clinty clintridge.
克琳媞是很棒的艺术家
Clinty’s a marvelous artist.
几年前从皇家学院毕业
Got one at the royal academy a couple of years ago.
教学为生
Teaching provides the bread and butter.
教职员都到了 除了贝尔先生以外
Well, that’s all the staff except for Mr. Bell,
他是体育老师
our p.T. Instructor.
我真心希望你留下来
I do hope you’re going to stay with us.
如果我是你 就不会留
I shouldn’t if I were you, old man.
有机会就回家
Row home while you can.
别怂恿他 威士顿
Don’t discourage him, Weston.
我还有事先走
Well, I must go.
我得帮克琳媞班上的一个女生洗澡
I have to fix a bath for a girl in clinty’s class.
为什么?
Why?
其他孩子不愿坐在她旁边
Kids are complaining again. Won’t sit near her.
怎么回事?
What’s the matter?
个人卫生问题
Personal hygiene problems.
无助的十四岁
Fourteen and helpless.
你们男人真幸运
You men are lucky.
有些孩子的事非得我们女人来做
The things we women have to do for these kids.
吉莉安
Gillian, dear…
劝他留下来
Encourage him to stay.
为何每个人都觉得需要说服我?
Why is it everyone thinks I need encouraging?
他们也对我说同样的话
They said the same to me.
这所学校令人生畏却又充满挑战
There’s something frightening but also challenging about this school.
你知道这里没有形式上的体罚吗 或是任何的处分?
Do you know there’s no form of corporal punishment or any punishment?
没有吗?
None?
没有 而且我也没有教学经验 所以我有点迷糊了
I have no real teaching experience. I’m a little lost.
我也没有教学经验
I don’t have any experience either.
不过对你来说应该比较容易应付
Of course, it’ll be much easier for you.
我有点怕学生们
I’m a little afraid of them.
又到了中场跳舞时段
Midday dance session.
午休时间大孩子会利用大厅
During lunch, the older kids use the hall.
有时候我会加入
I sometimes join them.
即使是老人也偶尔会摇腿
Even the old man shakes a leg on occasions.
跳舞是他们保持健康的方式
Dancing is merely their way of keeping fit
和消遣老师的诱饵
for the more exciting pastime of teacher baiting.
你就不能说点好听的吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!