Couldn’t you be a bit less discouraging?
我也不想这么说
It’s the last thing I want to do.
这音乐比平常大声
The music’s louder than usual.
他们大概在庆祝哈克曼走了
They’re probably celebrating their victory over hackman.
我最好去见福罗里安先生
I better go and see Mr. Florian.
我带你去
I’ll show you the way.
J“ I gotta find out j’
j“ I just wish I knew I“
j“ somebody help me, I just gotta know j“
j“ what is the cause that started this row? I“
j“ I wish I knew who it could be j’
j“ I gotta find out because it’s torturing me j”
j“ I gotta find out I“
j“ I just wish I knew I“
他们跳得不错
they’re good, aren’t they?
大概吧
I suppose so.
J“ who it could be j’
j“ [gotta find out… j’
校长室在那里
the head’s study is this way.
J’ I gotta find out… i“
呃 你们两位…
Urn, do you two…?
不认识 没见过
想跳舞吗?
Do you two shake?
回头见 萨克瑞先生
Well, I’ll see you later, Mr. Thackeray.
如何?
Well?
我 呃…
I, uh…
谢谢
Thank you.
不过我还要去见校长
But I have to go and see the principal.
J“ I just wish I knew.. J“
你的资历很不错 萨克瑞先生
You have excellent qualifications, astonishing ones, in fact,
令人惊艳 事实上… 身为通讯工程师
as a communications engineer.
在南美洲有现场经验
Field experience in South America.
你为何想来当老师?
Why do you want to be a teacher?
有很多原因
Reasons.
你有试过找工程师的职位吗?
You’ve already tried to get an engineering post?
我找了18个月
I tried for 18 months, sir.
北码头第二中学没有工程蓝图
We have no blueprint in north quay.
多数的学生都是别的学校不要的
Most of our children are rejects from other schools.
我们只能尽量帮助他们
We have to help and teach them as best we can
我们必须尽己所能地教导他们
and as much as we can.
本地的教育主管机关 并不完全支持我们
The local authorities are not totally on our side.
你一旦接了这个职位
And from the moment you accept this position,
就只能靠自己了
you’ll be entirely on your own.
当然 我跟其他教职员会尽力协助你
Of course I and the staff will do everything we can to help you.
不过成败与否都操之在你
But success or failure will depend entirely upon you.
你意下如何?
What’s it to be?
我接受这份工作 校长
I want the job, sir.
好 就这么定了 明天起 你接下哈克曼那一班
Tomorrow, you’ll take over hackman’s class.
萨匹阿诺 – 在
Sapiano. – Yeah.
王 – 在
Wong. – Yes.
奥斯古 – 在
Osgood. – Yeah.
塔芬 – 在
Tuffen. – Yeah.
佩格
Pegg.
佩格 – 在
Pegg. – Yeah.
约瑟夫 – 在
Joseph. – Yeah.
黛儿 – 在
Dare. – Yeah.
帕特 帕特! – 在
Potter.
丹能 – 嗯
Denham. – Mmm.
巴克利 – 在
Buckley. – Yeah.
波塞尔 – 嗯
Purcell. – Hmm.
芬曼 – 在
Fernman. – Yeah.
杰克森 – 在
Jackson. – Yeah?
史壮 – 在
Strong. – Yeah.
西尔斯
Seales.
西尔斯! – 在
Seales. – Yeah.
帕默 – 在 老板
Palmer. – Yes, guvnor.
坎伯尔 – 在
Campbell. – Present.
我不知道各位学到哪了 所以我们从头来
I don’t know how much you know, so we’ll start from scratch.
当我念到你的名字
First, as I call your name,
请你念一段课文
will you read anything you like from one of your school books?
芬曼
Fernman.

Right.
只有那些…
“Only those who…
抵达的人
Arrived on…
骑马抵达…
Horseback,
或是大众工具… – 谢谢
or in a public coach.” – Thank you.
丹能
Denham.
如果14只
“If 14 hens
母鸡每天产一颗蛋
lay an egg a day for 30 days,
一打是多少颗鸡蛋?你能卖♥♥几颗鸡蛋?
how much are the eggs a dozen, and how many have you to sell?”
莫伊菈‧约瑟夫
Moira Joseph.
皮特‧吉尔罗伊的重量 以及不断收紧…
“Pete Gilroy’s weight and the ever-tightening noose
她脖子…
about her neck…
她的脖子
About her neck
开始轻微地阻止他的冲刺速度
began slightly to impede the wild mare’s speed.
但是皮特只是太了解自己的命运了
But Pete was only too fully aware of what his fate would be,
他无法寄望逃离殴打
for he could not hope to escape death
和压♥迫♥的死亡
from being battered and crushed.”
请收起来
Put that away, please.
谢谢
Thank you.
还有人想念一段吗?
Would anyone else like to read?
请问你叫什么名字? – 潘蜜拉‧黛儿
Your name, please. – Pamela dare.
而且他已经学会了爱
“And he had learned to love.
我不知道为什么
I know not why,
因为像他这样的心情似乎很奇怪
for this in such as him seemed strange of mood.
但事实就是如此
But thus it was.
孤独的小力量
And though in solitude’s small part,
不得不成长
the nipped affections have to grow.
在身边的一切不再发光的时候
In him this glowed,
在他身上却发光了
when all beside had ceased to glow.”
好!
谢谢你 黛儿小姐
Thank you, miss dare.
下一段:重量与度量
Next, weights and measures.
什么是”常衡”?
What’s avoirdupois?
常什么? – 常衡
Avoir de what? – Avoirdupois.
就是重量
Weights.
噢 是啊
Oh, yeah.
重量级、轻重量级、中量级
Uh, heavyweight, light-heavy, cruiserweight,
次中量级、轻量级、雏量级、羽量级
middle, light, bantam, fly, featherweight.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
很高兴你有幽默感
It’s encouraging that you have a sense of humor.
看来
It seems you…
你的知识贫乏很容易被逗乐 我很期待快乐的时光
Know so little and are easily amused. I can look forward to a happy time.
来 把对照表抄起来
Now, copy down the following tables.
他以为自己是谁
Who does he think he is, there?
无♥耻♥的恶魔
Cheeky devil.
哈罗 – 哈罗
Hello, ducks. – Hello.
我想你需要喝杯茶
Thought you might need this.
谢谢 – 进行得如何?
How’d it go?
只能说战斗才刚开始
Let’s just say, the battle was joined.
啊!如果没有一杯好茶 真不知该怎么办
I don’t know what we’d do without a cuppa.
你叫做什么? – 萨克瑞
What’s your name? – Thackeray.
我知道你姓什么 我是说名字
I know that. I mean, your other name.
– 马克 – 马克
有些事 马克
Couple of things, Mark.
我们都知道老头的想法
We all know the old man’s views.
基本上我们也同意
And basically, we agree with them.
但是他好好的待在办公室
But he’s safe in an office.
这些孩子通常来自家暴的家庭
These kids come from homes where an order is accompanied by a blow.
只要出言不逊 就会被父母修理
One rude word to their parents, the roof will hit them.
和这里毫无分别 对吧?
There’s nothing like that going on here, right?
对我们而言很不利
So they’ve got us at a great disadvantage.
哈克曼试着要讨学生喜欢 他是作茧自缚
Hackman tried to be popular. He hung himself.
威士顿根本不关心他们 这可不好
Weston couldn’t care less about them and that’s no good.
我无法引导你 不过…
I can’t guide you…
别把这些孩子的话当真
But don’t take any nonsense from these little tykes.
他们多数是好孩子 马克
They’re good kids, Mark, most of them.
如果你无法解决他们的问题 他们很快就会击垮你
But if you don’t solve them, they’ll break you, and damn quickly

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!