但最终 形状开始出现
But eventually, shapes began to emerge
荣格博士,弗洛伊德博士
Herr Dr Jung, Herr Dr Freud…
如果你们现在能看到我们就好了
if only you could see us now!
山姆可以看到电脑慢慢在这个新的宇宙中寻找出路
Sam could see the computer slowly finding it’s way through
他意识到 为了继续让实验成功
this new universe, he realized that in order to continue successfully,
他父亲不可能是验的唯一对象
his father couldn’t remain the only subject of his own experiments.
山姆知道他应该做什么
Sam knew what he was expected to do.
别伤害他
Don’t hurt him.
他是我的儿子
But he’s my son.
你看 我们认识你,我们知道你脑子是怎么想的
You see, we know you. We know how your brain sees.
而且我们很聪明
And we’re smart.
我们吸取教训
We learn.
昨天我们捕获的只是电流 今天却得到是色彩和运动
What was just electricity to us yesterday, is color today, and movement!
梦境
A dream!
我不应该看到这个
I shouldn’t be seeing this.
隆达
Ronda?
克莱尔,看看这个
Oh, Claire, look at this.
有进步了
Progress.
一种不和谐的脑电波转变为色彩和形状的交响乐
A cacophony of brainwaves transformed into a symphony of colors and shapes.
生理性的图像
Biochemical images.
如果我是山姆 这会让我感觉像是在如沐蜜河
If I were Sam, this would make me feel like honey.
宇宙的音乐 – 这太漂亮了
The music of the spheres. – This is so beautiful.
漂亮的? 墙纸才用漂亮形容
Beautiful? Wallpaper is beautiful.
你现在看到的是人类的灵魂 你在对自己歌♥唱
You’re not looking at the human soul, singing to itself,
对自己的上帝歌♥唱
to it’s own god!
我不知道上帝是什么
I don’t know about God.
但…这是我们内心的上帝
The God within us.
你看 不需要什么东西
Look at it. It needs nothing.
它需要一切 – 没什么没什么 亲爱的
It needs everything. – Nothing. Nothing, my dear!
它会把我们吞噬 – 永远不会
It will eat us up alive. – Never.
我们真的应该停止这一切 – 停止?我们怎样才能让它停下来?
We should really stop this. – Stop it? How can we stop it?
这就是我们想要的一切 这就是我们赖以生存的东西
This is all we’ve ever wanted! This is what we feed on!
我们怎么可能对此视而不见呢?
How could we ever turn away from this?
我们没有这个权利
We don’t have the right.
倒霉 又来了
Shit. There it goes again.
看 那是他的脸 是山姆的脸 – 我看得出来
Look! That’s his face. It’s Sam’s face. – I can see that.
他很害怕 – 也许吧
He’s frightened. – Maybe.
你看不见吗? – 你知道我在想什么吗?
Can’t you see? – You know what I think is going on here?
我想是电脑干的
I think the computer’s doing it.
电脑正在翻译,它试图传达做梦者的视觉情绪
The computer is interpreting. It’s trying to transmit a visual equivalent of the dreamer’s emotions.
你什么时候在梦中看到过自己的脸?
When did you ever see your own face in your dream?
我经常在梦中看到自己 – 你看过吗?
I often see myself in my dreams. – You do?
你没有看到过吗? – 从没有过
You don’t? – Never.
你不来吗? 你对自己的梦想一点都不好奇吗?
Well, aren’t you? Aren’t you even curious to know about your dreams.
她当然好奇 – 我还没想清楚
Of course she is. – It’s not very clear to me.
就这些吗?电脑会学习的 – 好吧 如果你担心的话 放松点
Is that all? The computer will learn. – Well, if that is the worry, relax.
我们会把它们弄清楚的 – 放松
We’ll have them clear as crystal. – Relax.
总有一天 – 我真的不喜欢我的梦,大多数情况下 它们都是噩梦
Any day. – I don’t really like my dreams. Mostly, they’re nightmares.
你必须得当作你要去另一个星球 或者…
You have to look at it as if you were going to another planet, or…
就像你是第一个走在…
It’s like you’ll be the first woman to walk on…
金星上的女人 – 金星上
On Venus! – On Venus.
你不再是想告诉我们你拒绝看到自己梦的机会吧?
You are not trying to tell us you’re going to turn down a chance to see your own dreams.
拜托! – 做完这次就不做了
Come on! – And then we quit.
做完这次就不做了
And then we quit. And then we quit!
什么 山姆? – 做完这次就不做了
What is that, Sam? – And then we quit!
好吧 – 做完这次就不做了,就这么定了 – 你会做吗?
Alright then. Yes, then we quit. It’s a deal. – Will you do it?
你会做吗? – 我只做一次
Will you do it? – Once.
今晚? – 我只做一次
Tonight? – Once.
哦 – 就这样 这是承诺
Oh! – That’s the way. Is that a promise?
不 她不信任我们
No, she doesn’t trust us.
克莱尔无法拒绝亨利·法伯记录她梦的机会
Claire was in position to deny Henry Farber the chance of recording her dreams.
根据她成功地传给艾迪特的资料来看,她是个完美的实验对象
Based on her successful transmission to Edith, she was the perfect cadidate.
在第一次实验时 就提供了更详细的视觉信息
She had transmitted more detailed visual information in her first seeing,
第二次实验 则提供了更连贯的记忆模式
provided more coherent memory patterns in her second.
这台计算机认可并兼容她的信息
The computer considered her technically compatible.
波特率是多少? – 没问题 没有超载的危险
What is the border rate? – It’s okay. There’s no danger of overloading.
谁能预料到她具有上瘾体质?
Who could have known that sleeping inside her was the propensity for addiction.

Look!
看 这是我 我曾住过这房♥子,那时我才四岁
Look, it’s me. I’m in front of the house we used to live in when I was four years old.
我这辈子一定做过这样的梦 但我从来没有想起来过
I must have dreamed that all my life and I’ve never remembered.
我想再看一遍
I want to see this again.
为什么不让我们一起来做这个 克莱尔,我们会得到一个更好的图像
Why don’t you let us work on this, Claire. We’ll have a much better image…
我的建议是隔离
My suggestion is to isolate
山姆 你看到了吗?那是小时候的我
Sam, did you see that? It was me when I was little.
请稍等
Just a minute.
我建议研究一下 然后再分♥析♥,如果成功的话 我认为会很容易
I suggest we work on it, analyse it and if it’s successful I’m sure it’ll be quite easy.
我把图像传过去
I’ll put it through.
一旦她看到了她童年失去的世界之后
Once she saw the lost world of her childhood
她就无法抑制想看更多东西的欲望
she was helpless against the desire to see more.
在接下来的几周里 实验室变成了一个充满活力的蜂巢
In the weeks that followed, the laboratory became a beehive of activity.
计算机不断地处理大量的数据
The computer constantly processed huge amounts of data.
当一个人睡觉的时候 其他人围在监视器旁边
While one person slept, the others huddled around monitors,
等待 观看 想要去看一场梦
waiting, watching, wanting to see a dream.
很快他们就上瘾了 所有人都是…
Soon, they were hooked. All of them.
他们清醒是为了观察自己的梦境
they lived to see their dreams,
他们睡着的时候,他们继续梦到自己的梦
and when they slept, they dreamed about their dreams.
他们一起来到梦想之岛
They had arrived at the island of dreams together,
但很快 他们就远隔重洋了
but in a short time, they were oceans apart.
我无助的看到克莱尔和山姆,沉浸在自己的梦里
I watched helplessly as Claire and Sam were drowning in their own nocturnal imagery.
他们彼此忽视 甚至忽视了自己
They ignored each other, and neglected themselves.
那些本该随第一次打哈欠就被冲走的梦想
The dreams, which should been flushed away with the first yawn,
现在却成了生存的必须,因而精神也就越来越集中
were now their only diet, and thus became more and more concentrated.
他们为自己制♥造♥了无法容忍♥的怪物
They made monsters for themselves that they could neither tolerate
却无法离开它
nor do without.
每次我进入梦的这个部分 它就会变得模糊
Each time I get to this part of this dream, it gets blurry.
我会再做相同的梦 我可以说得更清楚
I’ll dream this again. I can make that clearer.
现在 我可以朝一个全新的方向看
Now, I can stare at it in a whole new direction.
他们徘徊于迷失世界
They wandered in and out of lost worlds,
从尚未被遗忘的过去中 产生感情和形象
feelings and figures emerged from a forgotten past.
他们的梦变成了孤立的黑洞
Their dreams became black holes of isolation.
他们最终完全遗忘现实
They suffered finally from a complete loss of reality.
我小时候很快乐 然后我摔倒了
I am so happy as a child. And then I fall.
为什么我总是摔倒?
Why do I always fall?
别丢下我一个人
Don’t leave me alone!
你为什么丢下她?
Why do you leave her so alone?
摔倒
Falling…
等待
Time…
孤独
Loneliness…
恐惧
Fear…
你好 克莱尔
Hello, Claire.
你好吗?
How are you?
我能看看吗?- 不能
Can I see? – No.
拜托了 – 不行
Please? – No.
有一条底线是永远不该逾越的
There’s a line that should never be crossed.
但我们很久以前就越过了
And we passed it a long time ago.
当我来救克莱尔的时候,她唯一关心的事情
By the time I came to rescue Claire the only thing she cared about
就是给她的监视器装上新电池
was having fresh batteries for her video monitor.
祝你好运
Good luck!
如果我把监控电池还给克莱尔,我们就还算是朋友
If I’d given Claire the batteries for her monitor, then I could have been her friend.
但我不会给她 所以我是她的敌人
But I wouldn’t, so I was her enemy.
她不让我碰她,让我喂她吃东西
She would not let me touch her. She would not let me feed her.
我想帮克莱尔 但我不知道该怎么做
I wanted to help Claire, but I didn’t know how.
我想她应该把那些接收的虚假影像 像汗液一样排处体外
I thought she had to sweat them all out, those false images she’d absorbed.
她陷入了自恋的深渊
She had fallen into the deep well of narcissism,
不得不独自一人爬向光明
and she had to climb up towards the light by herself.
不行 克莱尔 它完蛋了
I can’t, Claire. It’s dead.
我才完蛋了
I’m dead.
我的心已经死了
My heart is dead!
我一直很重视《约翰福音》的开头
I’d always cherished the beginning of the Gospel According to John:
太初有道
“In the beginning was the word.”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!