he’d just put out his hand and there was Ma Jarrett.
只要张开手,妈妈就在那儿
Without her, maybe Cody’d… Just like his old man.
如果没有她,科迪可能… 就像他家老头子那样
You mean I’m supposed to take Mama’s place?
你的意思是我应该取代妈妈的位置?
Never can tell. He might need someone.
谁知道 他有可能会需要其他人
I’ll practice up on my lullabies. Nothing else here.
我会练习唱摇篮曲 这儿没什么了
Good. Let’s run through your background again.
好的 我们再说一遍你的背景
Born Detroit, March 23rd, 1919.
1919年3月23日生于底特律
State reform school, 1934, vandalism.
1934年,州教♥养♥院♥,破坏公物
Arrested: suspicion, grand larceny, Portland, 1939.
1939年在波特兰被逮捕:指控参与严重盗窃
Good.
很好
The State of Illinois v. Arthur Cody Jarrett.
伊利诺伊州指控“亚瑟·科迪·加利特”
Arthur Cody Jarrett, on your own admission…
亚瑟·科迪·加利特,基于你自己的供述…
… you have been convicted of the robbery of the Palace Hotel on the night of October 12th.
你被指控于10月12日实施了天堂旅馆抢劫案
And it is now my duty to pronounce sentence.
现在我宣判
For the crime of grand larceny, you are hereby sentenced to serve…
基于严重盗窃罪,你被判处…
… not less than one and not more than three years…
一年以上三年以下监禁…
… in the state penitentiary.
在州监狱执行
The State of Illinois v. Victor Pardo.
伊利诺伊州指控维克多·帕尔多”
How is he, tough?
他怎么样?厉害吗?
With Big Ed giving the orders now, there’ll be all kinds of fireworks.
现在大爱德当家,会乱成一锅粥的
He’s got plans that’ll make the old Jarrett mob look like a…
他的一些计划会让老加利特帮看上去像…
Can you read him?
能看出他说什么吗?
Yeah.

Parker moves his lips pretty good. It’s about Big Ed.
帕克的嘴唇动得很好 是关于大艾德的
What’d he say?
他说什么了?
He’s the number one boy now, Parker says.
帕克说,他现在是老大
In more ways than one.
某些时候比老大还牛
What was that crack? I couldn’t read him, Cody.
都是些什么屁话? 我读不出来了,科迪
Was that about my wife? Honest, Cody. He had his mouth covered.
是关于我老婆吗? 老实说,他把嘴捂住了
Maybe a kick in his skull would do him some good.
也许在他脑袋上来一下子对他有好处
They got rules in this chicken coop. You start anything, you wind up in the hole.
这鸡笼子有规定 你带头生事,就会被关进单人牢房♥
Did I ask you for any advice? Look, Pardo. I’ve been watching you.
我管你要建议了吗?听着,帕尔多,我一直在注意你…
Up till now you haven’t done anything I can put my finger on.
但是直到现在,你也没做出什么让我明白的事
Maybe that’s what bothers me.
也许这正是我担心的
I don’t know you, and what I don’t know, I don’t trust.
我不认识你,而且对我不认识的人,我不信任
You’re just a face and a number. Let’s keep it that way.
对我来说,你不过是一张脸一个号♥码,我们就保持这种关系好了
When I want your help, I’ll ask for it.
如果我需要帮助,我会找你的
Have it your way, Cody.
你看着办吧,科迪
Attention, men. Attention.
“全体注意”
The following new men report to the dispensary for shots:
“下列新人到医务室报到,接受注射”
Abbott, Jordan, Bacon, Pardo, Butler…
“阿伯特,乔丹,培根,帕尔多,巴特勒…”
… Jenkins, Jarrett, Williams, Phillips.
“詹金斯,加里特,威廉姆斯,菲利普斯”
Hughes, Russell.
休斯,拉塞尔
Keep it moving, boys. No talking.
伙计们,往前走 不许交谈
Well, if it ain’t Bo Creel.
哈,这不是波·克里尔吗
Boys in L. A. had a coming-out party planned for you a month ago.
洛杉矶的兄弟们开了个欢迎派对 一个月前就为你转备好了
Yeah, I was packing and, bang, flat on my back with pneumonia.
我正在收拾行李,突然“砰”,我四脚朝天倒在地上,结果是肺炎
The doc’s checking me out today.
医生今天给我作检查
Well, see you in eight years.
八年后再见
Hyde, Frank.
海德,弗兰克
Keep moving, boys. No talking. Jacoby, George.
伙计们,往前走 不许交谈 雅各布,乔治
All right, move up.
行了,往前走
Jarrett, Arthur Cody.
加里特,亚瑟·科迪
I’m leaving tomorrow, Cody.
科迪,我明天就出去了
Anything I can do for you on the coast? Yeah. Look up Big Ed.
我能帮你做什么? 是的,帮我看着点大艾德
Tell him I was asking for him. Johnson, Bate.
告诉他我在关心他 约翰逊,贝特
Holden, John.
候顿,约翰
Get the lead out.
往前走
Coon, Fred.
库恩,佛莱德
Scared, sonny?
小子,害怕了?
Break it up over there.
那边打架的住手
Who’s that reindeer?
那个猛人是谁?
I didn’t do nothing. He’s nuts.
我什么都没干 他疯了
A couple of months in solitary will cool you off, bugger.
关你几个月禁闭 会让你冷静下来的,臭小子
Fisher.
菲舍尔
Ryley. Pardo.
玛多克斯 帕尔多
I’m awfully sorry, my good man, but Mr. Pardo is still on vacation.
实在抱歉,兄弟 不过帕尔多先生还在度假
His month’s up today.
他今天该出来了
It is, huh? That’s cozy.
是吗?真不错
Look at what they left out of this one.
看看他们在这上面留下了什么
It must have been a lulu before the warden got it.
监狱长拿到它以前应该很好看
Hey, Herbert? Yeah.
嘿,赫伯特 什么事
Any chance you get, read Pardo, will you?
有机会注意一下帕尔多,行吗?
Why? Read him.
为什么? 注意一下他
Maybe on visiting days. That’s when they loosen up.
也许探监的时候 那会儿他们都放松了
What you got against him? Pardo’s all right.
科迪,他那儿得罪你了?帕尔多还不错
Didn’t I check his record up at the dispensary?
我没有在监狱里查他的纪录吗?
That’s only a record. What else do we know about him?
只有一条记录而已 我们还知道他什么?
Maybe that envelope will tell us something.
也许那封信能告诉我们点儿什么
Think you ought to? That’s U. S. mail.
你想那么干?那可是美国邮政信件
I’m a U. S. citizen, ain’t I?
我是美国公民吗?
Not lately.
现在不是
Ah, wife, eh? Kid don’t talk much.
他老婆 那小子没提过
When you’re married, you don’t get a chance to. Nice.
你要是结了婚,就没机会了 真不错
He’ll know we’ve been in his mail.
他会知道我们偷看他的信件
All right, so he’ll know.
好吧 这样他就知道了
Be a nice surprise when he gets out of solitary.
当他从禁闭室回来,会有个小小的惊喜
Hi, kid.
嗨,小子
Let me shake the hand that slugged Roy Parker. Heh.
我来握一下这只揍了罗伊·帕克的手
Why did you do it, Pardo?
帕尔多,你为什么要那么做?
You know they got rules in this joint, don’t you?
你知道这儿有规矩,对不对?
Yeah? Maybe I didn’t wanna get my shots.
对,可能我不想打♥针♥吧
I guess, uh… I guess his eyes ain’t so good after solitary.
我觉得关禁闭以后他的眼睛不大对头
All right, all right, what’s the gag?
行了,你们在聊什么?
What’s she done to herself?
她对自己做了什么?
I had the best-looking blond I ever saw. The second my back’s turned, she’s a brunette.
她有着我见过最漂亮的金发 当我一转身,她变成了褐发
It don’t even look like her anymore.
看上去甚至都不像她了
Maybe she’s hot.
也许她很性感
Yeah. Whenever I changed my hair, so did my missus.
无论什么时候我改变头发颜色,我女人也跟着做
Yeah, well, she’d better be a blond when I get out of here.
当我从这里出去的时候,她最好是金发女郎
Yeah, too bad your little trick didn’t work, Pardo. Huh?
对 帕尔多,真遗憾你的小伎俩没起作用
Doc says you gotta take your shots anyway.
医生说你无论如何都要接受注射
Yeah, Benny.
好的,班尼
Parker’s shooting his mouth off again. Told Benny your boys pulled a caper.
帕克又在那儿大嘴巴了 他说你的手下又干了一票
How much did they get? Fiftyseven grand.
他们搞了多少? 五万七千美元
Not bad. Are you in for any of it? Full share.
这次有没有你的份? 当然
No kidding?
开玩笑吧?
Why not? What’s being in here got to do with it? They’re still his boys. What they get, he gets.
呆在这儿能有什么关系?他们是他的人 他们搞到手,他有份
Yeah, Ma sees to that.
对 妈在盯着呢
Get one thing clear, all of you.
你们大家听清楚了
Anything we get,
我们搞到的任何东西…
Cody’s in for his full share.
科迪都算在里面而且得到他应得的一份
That’s how it is.
就是这么回事
Anyone thinks different,
谁有不同意见…
say so now…
现在说出来…
… or would you rather wait till Cody gets out?
或者你们想等科迪出来再说?
Well, any argument?
那么,有没有意见?
Het? Cotton? Happy? Ed?
赫特?棉花?开心?艾德?
How come, Big Ed?
怎么了,艾德?
You’re the one I expected to give trouble.
我以为你总是那个找茬儿的人
Fair is fair.
公平就是公平
We ain’t gonna forget Cody after all he did for us.
科迪为我们做了那么多,我们不会忘记的
Cody will be real grateful to you.
科迪会衷心感谢你的
Where do you think you’re going?
你打算去哪儿?
To pick strawberries.
去拿点儿草莓
All right, boys, beat it. It’s getting late.
好了,伙计们,散了吧 太晚了
Het, tell Verna I want her back in here.
赫特,告诉厄娜我要她回这儿来
What’s eating you, sugar? You and your big ideas.
宝贝儿,什么事在折磨你? 你和你的那些伟大的主意
That’s all they are, ideas.
就是这样 主意
“You and me belong together, sugar. Just leave it to Big Ed. ”
“你和我应该在一块儿,宝贝儿 相信大艾德吧”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!