Vernon? Go inside, cupcake. He’s got a gun.
弗农 坐进去 小蛋糕 他手里有把枪
Who’s got a gun? You’ve got a gun! Drop it!
谁有枪 你有枪 丟了它
Uhoh. Vernon, relax.
啊哦 弗农 别急
Why is he calling you Vernon? Why is he sitting in my car?
他为什么叫你弗农 为什么他坐在我的车里
He’s crazy, that’s why! He probably calls everybody Vernon.
他疯了 这就是为什么 他可能管所有人都叫弗农
Now drop that gun! Oh, dear.
现在扔掉枪 哦 亲爱的
It’s a souvenir. They don’t even have caps for this thing.
是个纪念品 里面连纸弹都没装
It’s a souvenir. Bullshit!
是个纪念品 放屁
I know a gun when I see one, and that’s a gun!
我知道什么样的是枪 那就是把枪
No! No, really.
不 不 真的
Oh, God! Oh!
噢 上帝 噢
Give me that gun! Are you crazy?
枪拿过来 疯了吗你
Can’t you see the condition my girl’s in? Get out! Get out!
你看不到我的妞儿是个什么状况吗 滚出来 滚出来
Hey! Stop!
嘿 停车
Cupcake, you okay?
小蛋糕 你没事吧
Tripp, run!
崔普 跑啊
Who in the hell is that?
那他妈是谁
Oh, shit! Vernon, don’t… No! Don’t shoot!
噢 见鬼 弗农 不要 别 不要开枪
Oh, no! Don’t! Don’t shoot!
噢 不 不要 不要开枪
Come on, Tripp! Jump in! Run!
过来 崔普 跳进来 跑啊
He’s a crazy man.
他是个疯子
Oh, my God.
噢 我的老天
I take it back.
我要拣回来
Shoot him.
开枪射他
Naturally, you have copies.
自然啦 你还有备份的
I have an alternate version of the first chapter.
我有另一个版本的第一章
You’ll be all right, then. Look at…
你会好起来的 瞧瞧
Look at Carlyle when he lost his luggage.
瞧瞧卡里尔丟了他的行李的时候
That was Macaulay. Oh.
那是麦考利 哦
Well, what about Hemingway when Hadley lost all those stories?
好吧 那想想海明威在哈德雷把他的故事都丟了的时候呢
He was never able to reproduce them.
他再也没能重写出那些故事来
Look, Tripp, I don’t wanna depreciate the loss here…
那个 崔普 我并不是想贬低你的损失
but maybe, you know, in a sense, it’s for the best.
不过可能 你也知道 某种意义上来说 这是最好的结果
You suggesting it’s some kind of sign?
你是想说这是一种征兆
In a sense. In my experience…
某种意义上来说 我的经验里面
signs are usually a little more subtle.
征兆通常是更加微妙一些
Let me get this straight. All that paper that blew away back there…
明白了说吧 刚才在那里吹跑的那些纸
that was the only copy?
是你唯一一份拷贝
I’m afraid so, yes.
恐怕是的 对
And you, you’re saying that it’s some kind of a sign?
那你 你说那是一种征兆
Man, what in the fuckthe matter with you?
哥们 你♥他♥妈♥的到底什么毛病
Don’t.

All I’m saying is that sometimes, subconsciously…
我说的是有时候 下意识地
a person will put themselves in a situation…
一个人会把自己置于一种境况
perhaps even create that situation…
或者甚至是创造出那种境况
in order to have an arena in which to work out an unresolved issue.
以产生一种紧迫感来解决一件悬而未决的事情
It’s a covert way, if you will, of addressing a problem.
那是 如果你那么做的话 一种找到问题的不足为外人道的方法
I’ll tell you the problem.
我来告诉你是什么问题
You behind the wheel, there’s your problem.
你坐在车里 那就是你们的问题
Did you or did you not have a gun to his head?
你有还是没有用枪指着他的头
Watch the road, please. He was trying to steal my car.
看路 拜托 他想偷我的车来着
Did you or did you not have a gun to his head?
你有还是没有用枪指着他的头
All right! All right!
好啦 好啦
That’s enough! That is enough!
够啦 够啦
What is done is done! I don’t wanna hear about it anymore, okay?
木已成舟了 我不想再听了 好吗
So what was it about, your book?
它是关于什么的 你那本书
What was the story?
是怎么个故事
I don’t know.
我不知道
What he means is…
他意思是
it’s difficult to distill the essence of a book sometimes…
有时候你很难从一本书中提炼出主旨来
because it lives in the mind.
因为它存在于意识里面
But you got to know what it was about, right?
可是你总得知道写的是什么吧 对吧
If you didn’t know what it was about, why were you writing it?
如果你都不知道写的是什么 那你还写它干嘛
I couldn’t stop.
我停不下来
Vernon, can I ask you a question?
弗农 我能问你个问题吗
Boy or girl?
男孩还是女孩
As long as it looks like her…
只要跟她长得一样
I really don’t care. You
我才不在乎呢 你
You know what I’m saying?
知道我什么意思吗
Yeah.
是的
Thanks for the ride, Vernon. Anytime.
谢谢你送我们 弗农 随时效劳
And another thing. Yeah?
还有件事 什么
Stop calling me Vernon. Okay.
不要再叫我弗农 好的
Jacket, Tripp. What?
外套 崔普 什么
We need the jacket.
我们需要那件外套
Oh, right.
哦 对
Oola, about that jacket…
乌拉 那件外套
Yeah.

It used to belong to Marilyn Monroe.
过去它属于玛丽莲·梦露
Really? Mmhmm.
真的 嗯哼
She had small shoulders…
她的肩膀就是窄窄的
just like you.
跟你一样
A lot of people don’t know that.
很多人不知道这点
Thank you.
谢谢你
Man, that book of yours must have been one nutty ride.
哥们 你那本书一定是写的倍儿逗的
Come on, baby. Let’s go.
来吧 宝贝 我们走
Would you mind explaining to me what you just did?
你能跟我解释下你刚才干了什么吗
Came to my senses.
回到我的理智中来
Oh. Congratulations. Meanwhile, what’s James supposed to do?
哦 恭喜了 与此同时 詹姆斯该怎么办
Pray that Walter Gaskell comes to his?
祈祷沃尔特·加斯克尔恢复理智
Walter Gaskell doesn’t wanna send James Leer to jail.
沃尔特·加斯克尔不想把詹姆斯·李尔送进监狱
He’s up in his office right now.
现在他就在他的办公室里
He’s talking to his parents, local police…
跟李尔的父母 地方警♥察♥在商谈
trying to find a solution.
试图找出一个解决办法
Tripp, the least they’re gonna do is expel him.
崔普 他们最少也会把他开除的
It doesn’t matter.
没关系了
That’s very enlightening, Professor.
真是受启发啊 教授
It’s comforting to know that America’s children…
知道美国的孩子有你
have you for a teacher.
这样一位老师真是令人欣慰
Nobody teaches a writer anything.
没有人能够教给一位作家什么东西
You tell’em what you know.
你告诉他们你知道的
You tell’em to find their voiceand stay with it.
告诉他们找到他们的心声并且坚持下去
You tell the ones that have it to keep at it.
你告诉他们有了这种天赋就要精益求精
You tell the ones that don’t have it to keep at it too…
你也要告诉他们不要为了写作而写作
because that’s the only way they’re gonna get to where they’re going.
因为这是达成他们目标的的唯一途径
Of course, it does help if you know where you wanna go.
当然了 如果你知道你要去哪儿还是很有帮助的
Helping my students figure that out…
帮助我的学生明白这一点
that and Sara…
还有萨拉
that’s what’s made these last years worthwhile.
这让我过去这些年付出的时光有了价值
As for James, well, he doesn’t really need me anymore.
至于詹姆斯 嗯 他再也不需要我了
He’s got you.
他有你了
Me? What can I do?
我 我能作什么
Oh, I don’t know, Crabs.
哦 我不知道 克拉伯
Improvise.
即兴发挥吧
You’re pretty good at that.
你擅长的
Tripp.
崔普
I’m sorry.
我很抱歉
Improvise.
即兴发挥
As for me,I was through improvising.
至于我 我已经发挥完了
I knew what I had to do. I had to find Sara.
我知道我该干什么我必须找到萨拉
I had to convince her that she was my choice…
我必须说服她相信她是我的选择
that, in fact, she had been from the very beginning.
实际上 从一开始她就是
And now, as those of you who’ve been with us in previous years know…
现在 如那些以前参加过这项活动的人所知
we have a tradition of sorts here at WordFest.
我们的“文学盛典”有一个点名的传统
I’m speaking, of course, of the Plums…
我指的 当然啦 是那些脱颖而出的
those fortunate local writers…
那些成功的用手稿与到访的
who have successfully placed their manuscripts…
出版社代表达成出版协议的
with visiting publishers’ representatives.
幸运的本地作家们
This weekend, Susan Lowery of North Braddock…
这个周末 北布拉德克的苏珊·罗瑞
found a publisher for her children’s book…
为她的儿童读物

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!