That was good.
编得挺好
Yeah, he heard everything we said.
对 我们说的话也都被听了去
Come on, Teach. I want you to dance with me.
来啊 老师我想跟你跳只舞
No. Come on.
不行 来吧
So I’ve been rereading Arsonist’s Daughter.
我正在重读《纵火犯的女儿》
It’s so beautiful, Grady.
写得真美 格雷迪
It’s so natural.
太自然了
It’s like all of your sentences always existed, just…
就像所有的句子早就已经存在 只是
waiting for up there in style heaven for you to fetch them down.
守候在风格的天堂里等待你去采集
I thank you.
谢谢夸奖
And I love the inscription you wrote to me.
而且我很喜欢你写给我的题字
Only I’m not quite the downy innocent you think I am.
只不过我不像你想的那么天真无邪
I hope that’s not true.
我希望那不是真的
We need all the downy innocents we can get.
我们需要所有能找到的天真无邪
What this boy could use is a nice, tall Coca-Cola.
这个孩子需要一大瓶可口可乐
Let me help. No, we got him.
我来帮你 不用 我们扶得住
I’ll meet you two at the car. Oh, I see.
你们两个 车那儿见了 哦 知道了
All right. Well, give me the keys to the trunk.
好吧 嗯 那就先把后备箱钥匙给我
I gotta get my property out of there.
我得把我东西拿出来
The trunk’s a little sticky, Crabs. I gotta do it.
后备箱有不少泥 克拉伯一会儿我给你拿
Whatever.
怎么都行
Professor… Tripp.
崔普 教授
Hannah, when you get James back to his apartment…
汉娜 把詹姆斯弄回他家里后
make sure he’s all right before you leave, okay?
确定他没事了你再走 好吗
I would if I knew where I was taking him.
如果我知道该带他去哪儿那就没问题
Are you telling me you don’t know where James lives?
你是想说你不知道詹姆斯住哪儿
Some apartment somewhere. I’ve never seen it.
某地的某个公♥寓♥ 我是没见过
That strikes me as very odd. James is odd.
这可真是奇了怪了 詹姆斯就是个怪人
I know his aunt lives in Sewickley Heights. I dropped him there once.
我知道他姑姑住在赛维柯里道 有一次他在那儿下的车
Come to think of it, it wasn’t his aunt’s house.
对了 那不是他姑姑家
He said she worked there or something.
他说她是在那工作还是什么的
I don’t remember. I need my knapsack.
我记不太清了 我要我的背包
What’s he saying?
他说什么
His bag. You know that ugly green thing he’s always carrying around?
他的包 就是那个他四处背来背去的难看的绿东西
He must’ve left it inside.
他一定是落在酒吧里了
Aw, shit. He left it at Thaw. The auditorium.
噢 见鬼 他是落在礼堂了
Knapsack! All right.
背包 好吧
Let him crash at my house. Where should I put him?
把他拉到我那儿去吧 我把他放哪间屋
In the shape that he’s in, you could stand him up…
他现在这个样子 你可以扶他站在
in the garage next to the snow shovels, and he’d be all right.
车♥库♥里的雪铲旁边 他会没事的
Grady, if you wanna talk later…
格雷迪 如果一会儿你想谈谈的话
I’ll be up.
我会等你的
Hey, guy! Tripp, the trunk. You’re killing me.
嘿 伙计 崔普 后备箱你再不给我拿东西我就要死过去了
I’m gonna get it! Killin’ me!
我就去拿 死过去啦
You drivin’ this car? Excuse me?
这车是你的 什么
This 1966 maroon Ford Galaxy 500.
这辆1966年褐紫色福特银河500型
You drivin’ this car? This is my car.
这车是你的 是我的车
Bullshit! It’s mine, motherfucker! I’m afraid you’re mistaken.
放屁 这是我的 狗♥娘♥养♥的 恐怕你是搞错了
Bullshit! Who is that?
放屁 那是谁
Oh, Vernon, go home to your mother, will you?
噢 弗农 回家找你老妈去 成不
What are you lookin’ at? I’m lookin’ at you, fella.
你在看什么 我在瞧你 伙计
Hit it, will you? Come on, killjoy, go!
开车啊 好不好 快啊 煞风景的家伙 冲啊
Can we go now, den mother? What’s with you?
我们能走了吗 管家大妈 你怎么搞的
I wonder.
我很惊讶
Come on, Crabs. The kid was comatose.
拜托 克拉伯那个孩子都喝的不省人事了
Who started that? I was trying to calm him down.
谁挑的头呢 我是想让他冷静下来
Oh, yeah, you calmed him down, Dr. Feelgood.
哦 对 你让他冷静了下来“感觉不错”博士
Grady!
格雷迪
Hit the brakes! Stop the car!
煞车 停车
Stop! Hey! What’s his problem?
停车 嗨 这个家伙有什么毛病
Back up! Get out of the car! Hey!
倒车 都给我下车 嘿
Go around, go around him.
绕一下 绕过他
I’m stopping you! I don’t think so!
我挡住你们啦 我可不这么想
Come back here!
给我回来
What’s this? It’s a oneway, guy.
怎么回事 这是单行道 伙计
Go, go, go!
冲 冲 冲
Look out! He’s back!
小心 他又过来了
Now what? You owe him a book too?
现在怎么办 你也欠他本书
You could always drive over him.
你可以压过他去
What the hell was that?
这他妈的算干什么
I just got my hood jumped on.
我的车盖刚被礅了一下
Wait here. I’ll be right back. Where would we go?
等着 我马上回来 我们要去哪儿
Hold on a second.
等一下
Prof. Tripp.
崔普教授
I guess you’re here for the backpack.
我猜你是来拿背包的
It’s Traxler Sam.
我是崔克斯勒·山姆
I saw the manuscript inside, so when you showed up I figured-
我看到里面的手稿了 所以我一见你就知道
The Love Parade. So it was true.
《爱的巡礼》 看来是真的了
The little prick had finished his book.
那个小家伙完成了他的书
Is it good? I don’t know. It might be.
写的如何 不知道 应该还不错
So there it was.
事情就是这样
Somewhere in the night a Manhattan book editor…
某地的一个晚上 一个曼哈顿的图书编辑
was prowling the streets of Pittsburgh…
在匹兹堡的大街上开车瞎逛
best-selling author at his side…
他身边是个畅销书作家
dead dog in his trunk.
后备箱里还有条死狗
Say, Prof. Tripp.
嗯 崔普教授
Is all that stuff true about Errol Flynn?
关于埃尔罗·弗林那些传闻都是真的吗
How he used to put paprika on his dick…
说他把辣椒粉涂在老二上
to make it, you know, like…
好让 你知道 让
more stimulating for the chick?
那些小妞觉得更刺♥激♥
Christ, Traxler, how the hell should I know?
天 崔克斯勒 见他的鬼我怎么会知道
You’re reading his biography, aren’t you?
你在读他的传记 不是吗
Oh.

No, it’s true. He used to ruball sorts of things on it.
不 那是事实他经常涂上各种各样的东西
Salad dressing, ground lamb.
色拉调味汁 羊肉馅
Sick.
变♥态♥
Whenever I wondered what Sara saw in me…
不论何时当我想知道萨拉是如何看我的时候
and I wondered more than once…
而且不只一次
I always came back to the fact that she loved to read.
我总是回到她喜欢读书这个事实上来
She read everything, every spare moment.
什么书她都读 利用一切闲暇时间
She was a junkie for the printed word.
对付诸印刷的文字她是个瘾君子
And lucky for me…
对我来说幸运的是
I manufactured her drug of choice.
她选择的药就是我配的
Is that your wife?
那是你妻子吗
No, my wife’s out of town.
不 我妻子出城了
What exactly are we doing here…
我们到底在这干什么
Prof. Tripp?
崔普教授
Taking the long way home.
踏上长长的回家路
Take it easy, Prof. Tripp. Thanks for the ride.
再见 崔普教授 谢谢你送我
I told myself…
我告诉我自己
I needed to put everything aside for the moment.
现在我需要把所有事情放在一边
Emily, Sara, the purloined jacket…
艾米丽 萨拉 被盗的外套
and the dead dog, and work on my book.
还有那条死狗 全心扑在我的书上
It was started out as a small book.
一开始只是想写成薄薄一本
Probably about, oh, 250, 300 pages.
大概也就是250到300页
It had gotten a little larger in scope.
写着写着就越写越多
And the ending, it kept getting further away.
结尾 也就越来越远
But the ending was there. I knew it.
可是就要收尾了 我知道的
I could almost see it.
我几乎已经看到它了
James? I’m okay.
詹姆斯 我没事
I just lost my balance.
刚才只不过是失去平衡了
I put you on the floor.
我把你放到地板上的
Oh. Thank you.
哦 谢谢
I thought you might swallow your tongue or something.
我怕你把舌头吞下去或什么的
I guess you must really miss her, huh?
我猜你一定很想她 对吗
Hmm? Oh, this. No.
嗯 哦 这个啊 不是
No, I just write in this. This wasn’t Emily’s.
不 我正在写东西这不是艾米丽的
I guess there’s probably a story behind that.
我猜那背后可能有一个故事
There is, but it’s not very interesting.
是有 不过并不有趣
Is… all of that single spaced?
所有 那些都是不空行的吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!