Well, this is important, Walter.
好吧 这事很重要 沃尔特
Oh?

I, um…I…
嗯 我
What is it, Grady?
到底什么事 格雷迪
I’m in love with your wife.
我跟你妻子坠入爱河了
Excuse me?
什么
Sara. I’m in love with her.
萨拉 我们相爱了
Are you drinking, Prof. Tripp, right now?
你在喝酒吗 崔普教授 现在
No.
没有
Nevertheless, I’d like to see you in my office Monday morning.
不管怎样 星期一早上去我办公室见我
Oh, boy.
哦 天哪
Sara, what… I tried to call, but…
萨拉 怎么 我试过打电♥话♥ 可是
it seems there’s something wrong…
可是好像你的电♥话♥
with your phone.
出毛病了
It appears one of our students is missing…
看起来我们有个学生失踪了
and his parents found a dead dog in his bed.
而且他的父母在他床上发现了只死狗
It’s my fault. I’m sorry. I’ve been trying to tell you-
是我的错 对不起我一直想告诉你来着
I’m not feeling very happy with you right now.
我现在对你的行为有些生气
And more importantly, Walter isn’t very happy.
更重要的是 沃尔特很不高兴
He’s gotten the police involved.
他叫了警♥察♥
They seem to think James Leer is somehow responsible for all this.
看起来他们认为詹姆斯·李尔在某种程度上该为这些事情负责
You wouldn’t happen to know where James Leer is, would you?
你该不会恰好知道詹姆斯·李尔在哪儿吧 是吗
He’s inside.
他在屋里
And Marilyn’s jacket?
还有玛丽莲的外套
Oh, it’s in my car.
噢 那个在我车里
Somebody stole my car. Oh, man!
有人偷了我的车 噢 见鬼
Honestly! Somebody stole my car!
是真的 有人把我车偷了
I parked it right there last night!
昨晚我就停那里了
Are you sure it was parked there? Of course I’m sure! It was
你确定是停那了吗 当然确定 它
Oh, Christ. Here comes the puberty police now.
噢 老天 警♥察♥又来了
Okay, okay, I’ll deal with this. You go dig up James.
好啦 好啦 我来跟警♥察♥讲 你去把詹姆斯叫出来
Is he awake?
他醒了吗
There’s a police officer on the porch, and he’s not going away.
外面门廊上有个警♥察♥ 而且他说啥也不走
That same guy? Same one.
还是那个家伙 就那个
No offense, Prof. Tripp, but you look sort of crappy.
无意冒犯 崔普教授可你看上去有些颓废
He’s right. I mean, you do look horrible.
他说的对 我是说 你看上去确实比较惨
It’s the chancellor.
是校长
We’re fine. We’re just fine. Fine, right.
我们很好 没事 很好 没错
Fit as a fuckin’ fiddle. James…
好的他妈不能再好了 詹姆斯
come on.
来吧
Uh, James, this book of yours?
啊 詹姆斯 你这本书
It’s… not bad. It’s not bad at all.
不 错 确实不错
Thank you. You’re welcome.
谢谢 不客气
I’m wanna publish this.
我想出版这本书
I think with the proper editorial guidance…
我想经过精心的编辑润色
this could be brilliant.
这本书会很精彩的
Aw, that’s great. That’s great.
哦 太好了 太好了
Between Officer Pupcik and you, he can be the next Jean Genet.
夹在你和帕普齐克警官中间 他会成为又一个让·热内的
Been a long time since somebody wrote a really good book in jail.
真是有好久没人能在狱中创作出好书来了
Don’t you worry, James. We’re gonna figure something out.
别担心 詹姆斯 我们会想出办法来的
I’m not worried. You’re not worried, are you, Prof. Tripp?
我不担心 你也不担心 是吗 崔普教授
I’m a little worried, James.
我有点担心 詹姆斯
Don’t be. I don’t care if they expel me.
别担心 我不在乎他们是否开除我
I probably should be expelled.
可能我就应该被开除
Well, let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.
好啦 希望不会到那一步
Prof. Tripp.
崔普教授
Yes, James? Even if I end up going to jail…
什么 詹姆斯 即使我最后进了监狱
you’re still the best teacher I ever had.
你仍是我碰到过的最好的老师
I wonder if this is what the university has in mind…
我怀疑这是不是大学推行
when it promises a liberal education.
文化教育所希望看到的后果
Walter wouldn’t really press charges, would he?
沃尔特不会真的提出控告吧 对吗
We’ll know soon enough.
我们很快就会知道
In a couple of hours…
几个小时后
he’s gonna sit down with the police and James’ parents…
他会跟警♥察♥和詹姆斯的父母会面
and he was a wee bit prickly this morning.
今早他是气得有点七窍生烟
You didn’t happen to call our house last night, did you?
你昨晚是不是给我家打电♥话♥了
I think I might have, yes.
我想应该是的 对
What do you think you might have said?
你觉得你都说了些什么
I think I might have said I was in love with you.
我想可能是说了我跟你坠入爱河了
He told you.
他告诉你了
He told me. And what did you say?
他告诉我了 那你说什么了
I said it didn’t sound like you.
我说那听起来不像是你说的话
Hey, Tripp!
嘿 崔普
So, what do we do now?
我们现在怎么办
Find the jacket!
去找那件外套
Exactly how do we do that?
到底怎么找呢
I’ve got an idea where it is.
我倒是大概有个概念它在什么地方
We could ask Hannah if we could borrow her car.
我们可以问问汉娜是否可以借用一下她的车
Sure. Keys are on the desk, next to your book.
当然 钥匙就在桌子上 你的书旁边
I didn’t finish it. Fell asleep.
我还没有看完睡着了就
Oh, it’s that good, huh?
哦 我的书这么好呢 哈
It’s not that. It’s just…
不是那样的 只是
It’s just… what?
只是 什么
Grady, you know how in class…
格雷迪 你知道班里
how you’re always telling us that writers make choices?
还记得你是怎么经常告诉我们作家得作出选择的吗
Yeah.
记得
And even though your book is really beautiful…
即使你的书文笔非常美
I mean, amazingly beautiful, it’s…
我是说 美的令人惊叹 它
It’s, at times, it’s, uh…
有的时候 啊
Very detailed. Uh…
也非常详尽 啊
You know, with the genealogies of everyone’s horses…
你知道 列出了每个人的马的族谱
and the dental records and so on and…
每一份牙科记录 等等等等
And I could be wrong, but it just, it sort of reads in places like-
我可能说得不对 可是 有些地方读起来感觉
You didn’t really make any choices.
你并没有真正作出选择
At all.
完全没有
And I was just wondering if it might not be different if…
而且我怀疑即使
if when you wrote, you weren’t always…
即使你写这本书的过程中没有
under the influence.
那么多事情影响你 结果也不会有什么区别
Well…
好啊
Well, uh, thank you for the thought.
啊 谢谢你的评论
But shocking as it may sound…
可是就像预期中的震惊一样
I am not the first writer to sip a little weed.
我并不是第一个需要点刺♥激♥的作家
Furthermore, it might surprise you to know…
此外 可能让你吃惊的是
that one book I wrote as you say, “under the influence”…
我在你所谓的”影响之下“写的一本书
just happened to win a little something called the PE N Award…
碰巧刚刚赢得了一个叫”金笔奖“的小小不言的奖项
which, by the way, I accepted under the influence.
那本书就是在影响之下诞生的
Hey, let me help you with that.
嘿 我来帮你搬
Don’t touch it. Okay. I’ll drive.
不要碰 好的 那我开车
Let me get this straight. Jerry Nathan owes you money…
我来理一理头绪 杰里·内森欠你的钱
so as collateral, he gives you his car.
所以作为抵押 他把车给了你
Only I’m beginning to think that the car…
我现在开始琢磨那辆车
…wasn’t exactly Jerry’s to give.
可能压根就不是他的
Ah, so whose car was it?
啊 那车是谁的
My guess? Vernon Hard apple. The hood jumper?
我来猜 弗农·哈德阿普尔 那个蹦到你车上的人
He said a few things that lead me to believe that the car was his.
他说的一些事让我相信这车是他的
Such as? “That’s my car, motherfucker. ”
比如 “那是我的车 狗♥娘♥养♥的”
All right, so we find Vernon, we find the car.
好吧 就是说我们找到弗农 就找到了车
We find the car… We find the jacket.
我们找到了车 就找到了外套
Wow. Christ! How’d you know, Tripp?
哇 天哪 你是怎么知道的 崔普
Oh, I don’t know.
哦 不清楚
Let’s just call it a hunch. I call it genius.
可以称之为直觉 我说那叫天分
Good to know I’m still talented at something.
知道我还擅长某件事真是不错
Careful.
小心
Keep that motor running.
开着引擎
I know you.
我认识你
Double Dickel on the rocks.
双份混合迪科尔酒
Oola.
乌拉
I never forget a drink.
我从来不会忘了酒的
I never forget an Oola.
我决不会忘记一个叫乌拉的
Forget me?
忘了我了吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!