夏洛特·兰普林
汤姆·康特奈
45周年
走吧 麦克斯
Come on, Max.
– 早上好 梅瑟夫人 – 喔 克里斯
– Morning, Mrs Mercer. – Oh, Chris.
你今天起得真早
You’re early this morning.
我天刚亮的时候就被双胞胎吵醒了
I’ve got the twins waking me up at the crack of dawn.
我的天 我都忘了
Oh, my God, I completely forgot.
– 恭喜 – 谢谢
– Congratulations. – Cheers.
– 你们俩日子怎么样? – 事情多得可怕
– How are you both coping? – It’s a hell of a lot of work.
那是肯定了
I don’t doubt it a second.
但你没问题的 你是个能干的小伙子
But you’ll be fine. You were always a capable young man.
你现在一定很兴奋吧
You must be getting excited.
– 周六 对吧? – 别提了 还有一堆事情要做
– Saturday, isn’t it? – Don’t remind me. So much work to do.
不过 没问题的
Yeah, it’ll be fine.
– 祝你好运 – 谢谢
– Good luck. – Thank you.
我真为你们俩高兴
And I’m really over the moon for both of you.
– 谢谢 梅瑟夫人 – 凯特 叫我凯特就好
– Thank you, Mrs Mercer. – Kate. Call me Kate.
我们已经不是在学校里了
We’re not at school any more.
好的
Will do.
[The Platters 为美国黑人摇滚乐队]
[代表作《Only You》、《Smoke Gets in Your Eyes》]
你觉得 Platters 那首歌♥怎么样?
What do you think of that Platters song?
[The Platters 为美国黑人摇滚乐队]
[代表作《Only You》、《Smoke Gets in Your Eyes》]
– 什么怎么样? – The Platters 的歌♥
– The what? – The Platters song.
什么时候放?
What for?
跳第一支舞时放
First dance.
还是你觉得我们婚礼上放的歌♥已经过时了?
Or think it’s a bit naff to have the same song we had at our wedding?
不 这首歌♥很可爱
No. Lovely song.
– 我一直都很喜欢 – 我就知道
– I’ve always liked it. – Yeah, I know.
♫ 人们曾经问我怎知 ♫
♪ Asked me how I knew ♪
♫ 我的爱情意真挚 ♫
♪ My true love was true ♪
– 这是什么? – 一封信
– What is it? – A letter.
嗯 我知道 谁寄的?
Yes, I know, but who from?
– 用德文写的 – 是啊
– It’s in German. – Yeah.
写的什么?
What’s it say?
我记不清这些动词啊名词啊的意思了 但是…
Well, I can’t remember the verbs as well as the nouns, but…
但我想上面写的是他们找到她了
but I think it says they’ve found her.
找到谁?
Found who?
唔 准确说 是她的尸体
Well, her body, anyway.
天呐 是谁?杰夫
God, who? Geoff.
他们找到了卡佳
T-They’ve found Katya.

Oh.
你知道我在说谁吗?
Y-You know who I’m talking about, don’t you?
当然
Of course.
因为 我记得我和你说过 一清二楚
‘Cause, I-I remember telling you, clear as day.
我当然记得 我是说 这是很久以前的事了
Of course I remember. I mean, it was a long time ago.
我就知道我和你说过我的卡佳
Yeah, I-I know I told you about my Katya.
她在那儿五十多年了 就像在冷冻库里一样
She’s been there over 50 years, like something in the freezer.
现在他们找到她了
Now they’ve found her.
[图伦男子:自然环境下形成的木乃伊,死于公元前四世纪却在一九五〇年才被发现]
就像那个 呃 瑞典沼泽里的图伦男子
L-Like that, er, Tollund Man in the Swedish bog.
其实是在丹麦被发现的
Well, Danish, actually.
– 嗯? – 写进课本里好多年了
– Hm? – It was on the curriculum for years.
我给三年级生教过这些
I taught it to the third-formers.
我再去泡点茶
I’ll make some more tea.
嗯 我还需要一本字典
Yeah, I’m going to need a dictionary.
我不知道去哪找
I-I don’t know where to look.
你为什么不看看塑料箱子里呢?
Why don’t you check in the plastic boxes?
什么也没有 除了DIY书
Nothing. Nothing but “do-it-yourself” books.
就是这个
That’s it.
是它
Yeah.
啊 谢啦
Ah, thank you.
你看 现在是雪全都融化掉了
You see, what’s happened is the snow has completely melted.
只剩下了冰
All that’s left is the ice.
他们就是这么找到她的
A-And that’s how they found her.
– 什么意思? – 就是 她还在那儿
– What do you mean? – Well, she’s still there.
– 冻在冰里? – 是的
– In the ice? – Yeah.
顺流下来了一些 可以肯定 但那儿的水非常清澈
Way down, I’m sure, but the water is very pure up there.
一定是这样 所以他们才能看见她
It must be, so they can see her.
– 他们把她弄出来了吗? – 还没
– Well, haven’t they taken her out? – Not yet.
为什么?
Why not?
你想 她可是被冻在瑞士雪山的冰川里 凯特
Well, she’s in a glacier in the Swiss mountains, Kate.
这可没那么容易
It can’t be that easy.
根本没有公路上去
There are no roads up there.
那他们怎么确定那个人是她?
So, how do they know it’s her?
我是说 可能根本就不是她
I mean, it might not be her at all.
唔 我猜 根据事发地点 他们推测这个人是她
Well, they’ve made an assumption, I suppose, from where they found her.
可能他们从衣物分辨出是她
Maybe they can tell from what she’s wearing.
从她的衣物?
From what she’s wearing?
噢 对 对 对 那些 飞行员… 冰岛的 应该是
Oh, yeah, yeah, th-those, er, airmen in… Iceland, I-I think it was
他们被保存得很完好
they were perfectly preserved.
噢 我居然忘了
Oh, I don’t remember that.
我看过这方面的资料
Yes. I saw a documentary on it.
他们因为被迅速冰冻 和死前看上去一模一样
They were the same as when they died because of how quickly they froze.
你觉得是这么回事吗?
And you think that’s what’s happened?
嗯… 我不知道 但你可以想象
Well, I don’t know, but you can imagine.
我不确定她也是那样 毕竟过了这么久
Not sure it works like that. Not after all this time.
不过那样会很奇怪吧?
How strange would that be, though?
她看着还是一九六二年那样
She’ll look like she did in 1962.
而我已经成了这副样子
And I look like this.
这是怎么啦?
What is it?
呃 别生气 凯特
Er, don’t be cross, Kate.
我要出去抽支烟
I’m going to have a smoke.
– 你还好吗? – 嗯
– Are you all right? – Fine.
把这个吃了 然后去吃药
Please eat this. And take your pills.
他们在信里问我是否想去瑞士
Th-They’ve asked if I want to go to Switzerland.
他们为什么问这个?
Why would they ask that?
嗯… 去确认尸体
Well, to see the body.
– 什么时候? – 越快越好吧 我猜
– When? – Soon, I suppose.
– 你不打算去吗? – 不知道
– You aren’t thinking of going? – Don’t know.
大老远去瑞士?
All the way to Switzerland?
也不是很远
It’s not that far.
有从斯坦斯特德机场起飞的航♥班♥
There are flights from Stansted.
是 但也够远的了
Yeah, but it’s far enough.
– 你觉得我不应该去? – 说实话?
– You don’t think I should? – Honestly?
嗯 不应该去
Well, no.
我不知道去的意义何在
I don’t see the point.
– 再说我们在周六还有派对 – 我又不是说现在就走
– Plus we’ve got the party on Saturday. – I wasn’t thinking of going now.
– 我不会现在就走的 – 是啊 但你一定会去
– I-I wouldn’t go now. – Yeah, but still.
我不赞成你去爬那该死的大雪山
I don’t like the idea of you climbing a big bloody mountain.
嗯 我觉得不会要爬山的
Well, I don’t think it would come to that.
你连跟我一起去布罗茨散步都不愿意
You don’t like going for a walk with me on the Broads
那地方可是跟煎饼一样平
and that’s as flat as a pancake.
我知道
I know.
我说啦 凯特 不会要爬山的
Like I said, Kate, it wouldn’t come to that.
可还是…
But still…
– 你不是要去镇上吗? – 哦 我可以再找时间去
– Don’t you have to go into town? – Oh, I can rearrange.
别 你还是快去吧
No, y-you should go.
这事有点令人震惊 但仅此而已
It’s been a bit of a shock, that’s all.
我没事儿
But I’m fine.
– 你确定吗? – 是的 很好
– Are you sure? – Yeah, positive.
看起来大不一样了 空荡荡的
Oh. It looks different, all empty.
桌子一般放在这儿
Well, this is where the tables are usually placed.
主桌在这里 好让所有人都看得到你
The top one over there, so that everyone can see you.
谢了 但我们不需要主桌
We won’t be having a top table, but thank you.
真的?
Really?
在这样的场合一张主桌是极妙的
A top table is so lovely at an event like this.
你们俩就是全场焦点
The two of you as a focal point of the room.
我们并不是要再来一次婚礼
We’re not trying to recreate the wedding.
就是个派对
It’s just a party.
好吧 当然 随你心意
Yes, well, it’s your choice, of course.
这地方棒极了 对周年纪念来说 绝对是个明智的选择
I will say, though, it’s a wonderful place, location-wise, for an anniversary.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!