Mum!
也不是说关于你 不过跟派对有关
Not about you as such, but about the party.
你说他要发泄跟派对有关的事… 是什么意思?
What do you mean about… vent about the party?
我想起乔治在我们的四十周年纪念前有多糟糕
When I think how awful George was before our 40th,
我差点就跟他离婚了
I was that close to divorcing him.
别管她
Ignore her.
那么 你打算穿什么礼服?你喜欢什么样的?
So, what’s going to happen with your dress? What would you like?
所以 我们不该办派对吗?
So, should I not be having a party?
当然要有
Of course you should.
我们两个都很有压力
It is a lot of pressure for both of us.
而且不管怎样我都讨厌派对 就算是在最好的日子
And I hate parties anyway, at the best of times.
我说 我都从来没有开派对庆祝过自己的生日
I mean, I never even celebrate my birthday.
不 不 不 不 不 你得开
No, no, no, no, no, you have to.
我说 怪就怪在这儿
I mean, that’s the strange thing.
乔治是很糟糕 但你记得他到了派对上的样子吗?
George was awful, but then do you remember him at the actual party?
他哭的有多厉害?
How much he cried?
还不仅仅是在致辞的时候哭
And not only during the speeches.
是啊 他是个很动情的人
Yeah, he was very sweet.
这就是为什么派对这种事情很重要
That’s why these things are important.
什么 为了让丈夫们哭吗?
What, to make our husbands cry?
不光是丈夫们 所有的男人
Not just husbands, all men.
他们总是最先被触动的人
It’s always them that break first.
莎莉的婚礼 查理的洗礼
Sally’s wedding, Charley’s christening.
我们能一起操办起来 是因为我们早就知道这些事情的重要性
We hold it together ’cause we already know how important these things are.
杰夫可不是爱哭鬼
Geoff is not much of a crier.
我打赌他在婚礼上哭了
I bet he cried at your wedding.
我不记得了
I don’t remember.
如果这是某种进化的关键
If it’s some twist of evolution
让男人们把一门心思花在讣告和分配遗产上
that needs men to be obsessed by their obituaries, their legacies,
那么或许我们的任务就是去敦促他们认清♥真♥正重要的是什么
then maybe it’s ours to nudge them into realising what’s really important
在他们用失望把自己给弄死之前 你知道的
before they kill themselves, you know, with the disappointment.
– 早安 – 哦
– Morning. – Oh.
我打了个瞌睡
I nodded off.
你觉得莎莉的照片拍得怎么样?
What did you think of Sally’s photos?
– 嗯? – 莎莉的照片
– Mm? – Sally’s photos.
我觉得她的审美很不错
I think she’s got a very good eye.
哦 没错 是这样
Oh, sure. Yeah. Mm.

Mm.
我有时候觉得没在屋子四面多挂一些照片真是可惜了
I sometimes think it’s a shame not to have more photos around the house.
我们可以挂几幅上去
We could put some up.
但我们没有照片 没什么可挂的
Yeah, but we don’t have any. Not really.
我是说 没有莉娜那种可以做成展览墙的照片
I mean, not like Lena does with her wall display.
我想是因为他们有儿子和孙子 而且…
I suppose it’s because they’ve got children and grandchildren, and…
我们觉得拍自己的照片没什么意思
I guess we didn’t see the point of taking pictures of ourselves.
感觉有点虚荣
Would have been a bit vain.
你之前说 每个无时无刻不在拍照的人
You used to say that everybody taking pictures all the time
都是在妨碍所有人的所有乐趣
stopped anyone having any fun.
– 我说过吗? – 你说过
– Did I? – You did.
– 听起来像是我说的话 – 嗯哼
– Sounds like something I’d say. – Mm-hm.
你之前有过一部相机
You had a camera, once.
– 对 一台雅西卡 – 嗯 一台雅西卡
– Yeah, a Yashica. – Mm, a Yashica.
是啊 我还留着呢
Yeah, I’ve still got it.
放在阁楼
It’s in the loft.
不过现在我们老了再来看 这… 这真是可惜
Now that we’re older, though, it… it’s a shame.
你想要什么样的照片?
What would you want photos of?
– 麦克斯还是小狗那会儿的 – 嗯哼
– Max when he was a pup. – Mm-hm.
在他之前的特莎
Tessa before him.
你在装饰克利瑟罗的那间屋子时把钉子钉到你手上的
You when you were decorating Clitheroe and you hammered that nail into your hand.
你想要那种照片?
You want a photograph of that?
哦 你知道我指的是什么
Oh, you know what I mean.
那是我们的第一所房♥子
It was our first house.
是的
It was.
那是我离开家后的第一个家
Yeah, it was my first home since leaving home,
自从离开父母 离开我的父亲
since leaving my parents, leaving my father.
我想我们那时还没有意识到
I suppose we don’t realise at the time
但那些回忆…
but those memories…
… 它们就是最珍贵的事情 不是吗
…they’re the things, aren’t they?
我想要一张你在利兹麦加的照片
I’d want a picture of you at the Leeds Mecca.
那是我们相遇的地方
That’s where we met.
你那时迷人的要命
You were a bloody knockout.
噢 有点别扭 不是吗
Oh, it’s odd, isn’t it,
回忆我们的曾经?
thinking of us back then?
我那时二十岁都不到 而你那么酷 嘴边叼着香烟
I wasn’t even 20, and you were so cool, with your cigarette hanging in your mouth.

Mm.
我跟你说
Tell you what.
– 你在做什么? – 过来
– What are you doing? – Come on.
– 我们可以跳起来… – 噢 讨厌!
– We can move the… – Oh, bugger off!
来吧
Come on.
我可不会这么晚还在客厅跳起舞来
I’m not prancing around in the living room at this time of night.
手举起来 对
Over the top, yeah.
我们再也不是二十岁啦
We ain’t 20 any more.
不是喽
No.
我们上楼去吧
Let’s go upstairs.
我们来吧
Come on with ya.
希望你能让我印象深刻
Hope I can remember what you do.
我会让你好看的
I’ll show you.
– 你下边怎么样了? – 我觉得我来状态了
– How are you doing down there? – I think I’m ready.
是吗?
Yeah?
– 你不用我换到上面来吗? – 不 我快进来了
– You don’t want me to go on top? – No, I’m nearly there.
哦 没错
Oh, you are, too.
进来了
Oh, there you go.
噢 真棒
Oh, yeah.

Oh.
亲一个
A kiss.
睁开眼
Open your eyes.
– 呃… – 妈的
– Uh… – Oh, shit.
噢 坏了
Oh, bugger.
– 我想我去了 – 我…
– I think I’ve lost it. – I…
没事 没事 没事
OK, OK, OK.
杰夫 没关系的 没关系的
Geoff, it’s OK, it’s OK.

Hey.
– 唔… – 没关系的
– Aw… – It’s OK.
我们睡觉吧
No, let’s just go to sleep.
杰夫?
Geoff?
你在做什么?
What are you doing?
– 杰夫? – 我很好 凯特
– Geoff? – I’m OK, Kate.
拜托快下来 这太胡闹了
Please come down. This is ridiculous.
我没事
I’m OK.
你手里拿着的是什么?
What’s that in your hand?
没什么
Nothing.
– 是她吗? – 我发现了这个
– Is it her? – I found it.
你不是发现了 你是半夜跑上去找它
You didn’t find it. You went looking for it in the middle of the night
这根本不是一回事
and that’s not the same thing at all.
– 让我看看 – 不
– Let me see it. – No.
求你了 杰夫 我能看看吗?
Please, Geoff. Can I see it?
拜托 凯特 回床上去
Please, Kate, just go back to bed.
给我看看那该死的照片!
Show me the bloody picture!
只是一张照片 仅此而已
It’s just a picture. It’s all it is.
这并不意味着什么 只是一张他妈的照片
It doesn’t mean anything. It’s just a fucking picture.
谢谢
Thanks.
星期三
麦克斯!
Max!
来吧!
Come on!
周六你会找人给你化妆吗?
Are you getting someone to do your makeup on Saturday?
我还没想过这事
I wasn’t thinking of it.
我认识一个女孩 她手法很厉害
I know this girl. She’s very subtle.
你不用担心化妆后看起来像妓♥女♥
You wouldn’t have to worry about looking like a hooker.
莎莉有个很好用的按♥摩♥器 可以去黑眼圈
Sally’s got this amazing roll-on thing, zaps away dark circles.
我想你可以借来用用
I’m sure you could borrow it.
如果我看起来很疲惫的话 你可以直接跟我说
If I’m looking tired, you can just tell me.
你看起来很疲惫
You’re looking tired.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!