Friends Season 1 Episode 23 : The one Where Rachel Finds Out.

 

老友记第1季第23集: 瑞秋恍然大悟。

 

Ross: Here’s little Ben nodding off.
小本本睡着了。
Monica: Awww, look at Aunt Monica’s little boy!
喔,看Monica姑姑的小男孩。
Phoebe: Oh, look, he’s got Ross’s haircut!
瞧,他有Ross的发型。
Rachel: Oh, let me see! Oh, God, is he just the sweetest thing? You must just want to kiss him all over!
哦,让我看看!哦,天啊,他是不是最可爱的?你一定想吻遍他。
Ross: That would be nice.
那感觉一定很好。
Rachel: Pardon?
怎么了?
Chandler: Nothing, just a little extra air in my mouth.
没什么,只是嘴里有多余的空气。
Joey: Hey, Chan, can you help me out here? I promise I’ll pay you back.
Chan,愿意帮我吗?我保证一定会还的。
Chandler: Oh, yeah, right, OK…including the waffles last week, you now owe me… 17 jillion dollars.
注释:jillion: 很多的,大量的。
好,包括上星期的威化饼,现在你欠我巨款17块钱。
Joey: I will, really. I’ll pay you back this time.
我会的,真的,这一次我真的会还。
Chandler: …And where’s this money coming from?
这钱从哪儿来的?
Joey: Well…I’m helping out down at the N.Y.U.Med School with some…research.
我正帮纽约大学医学院做一些研究。
Ross: What kind of research?
什么研究?
Joey: Oh, just, you know…. science.
嗯,只是……科学研究。
Ross: Science. Yeah, I think I’ve heard of that.
科学。我想我听说过。
Joey: …It’s a fertility study.
生殖研究。
Monica: Oh, Joey, please tell me you’re only donating your time.
Joey,请告诉我你只贡献时间。
Joey: Alright, come on you guys, it’s not that big a deal. Really…I mean, I just go down there every other day and…make my contribution to the project. Hey, hey, but at the end of two weeks, I get seven hundred dollars.
拜托,这没什么大不了的。真的,我只是两天去一趟,对这个项目做点儿贡献。但两周后我就有七百元。
Phoebe: Wow, ooh, you’re gonna be making money hand over fist!
注释:hand over fist: Fist是握紧的拳头。Hand over fist这个习惯用语来自帆船航运的年代。当年的水手得学会攀援绳索去摆弄高高挂在桅杆上的船帆。他们两手交替,一手放在另一只紧抓绳索的拳头上方一把一把往上攀援,像猿猴一般迅速利落。 Hand over fist出典就在这儿。如今人们借用它来说快速而稳当地做某件事情。
哇,你很快就可以轻轻松松赚大钱了!
Monica: OK, we got the coleslaw, we got the buns.
注释:coleslaw:凉拌卷心菜(菜少酱多)。
我们有凉拌卷心菜(菜少酱多),小面包。
Phoebe: We’ve got the ground-up flesh of formerly cute cows and turkeys, ew…
还有曾经可爱的母牛和火鸡的绞牛肉及火鸡肉。
Chandler: Men are here.
男人回来了。
Joey: We make fire. Cook meat.
我们生火。烧肉。
Chandler: Then put out fire by peeing, no get invited back.
然后撒尿熄火,结果不再被邀请了。
Monica and Phoebe: Cute. Cute.
真逗。真逗。
Monica: Oh Joey, Melanie called, said she’s gonna be late.
Joey,Melanie来电话说她会迟到。
Joey: Oh, Ok.
哦,好的。
Phoebe: So how are things going with you two? Is she becoming your special someone?
你们俩进展得如何?她会成为你的心上人吗?
Joey: I don’t know, she’s, uh…. she’s pretty great.
我不知道,她很好。
Monica: Yeah? What does she think of your little science project?
是吗?她对你的研究计划有何感想?
Joey: What, you think I’m gonna tell a girl I like that I’m also seeing a cup?
你认为我会告诉她,我也和”杯子”约会?
Monica: Man’s got a point.
这男人说的有道理。
Joey: Well, the tough thing is, she really wants to have sex with me.
麻烦的是她非常想和我做♥爱。
Chandler: Crazy bitch.
这娘儿们疯了。
Joey: Yeah, well, I still got a week left to go in the program, and according to the rules, if I want to get the money I’m not allowed to conduct any…personal experiments, if you know what I mean.
此计划我只剩一星期,根据规定,如果我想拿到钱,我就不能做”个人”实验,如果你们懂我的意思的话。
Monica: Joey…we always know what you mean.
Joey,我们一直都懂你的意思。
Phoebe: How long did you think this barbecue was gonna last?
你觉得这烧烤要多久?
Ross: I’m going to China.
我要去中国。
Phoebe: Jeez, you say one thing, and…
天呐,你说一件事……
Monica: You’re going to China?
你要去中国?
Ross: Yeah, iit’s for the museum. Someone found a bone, we want the bone, but they don’t want us to have the bone, so I’m going over there to try to persuade them to give us the bone-it’s-it’s a whole big bone thing. Anyway, I’m gonna be gone for like, uh…like a week, so, uh, if you wanna reach me, yyou can’t. So here’s my itinerary. Um…here’s a picture of me.
对,为博物馆出差。有人找到骨头,我们要骨头,但他们不想给我们骨头,因此派我去说服他们给我们骨头,都是骨头的事。总之,我要去一个星期。你们将联络不到我。这是我的行程表。呃,这是我的一张照片。
Phoebe: Oh, let me see!
哦,让我看看!
Ross: Could you take it to Carol’s every now and then, and show it to Ben, just so he doesn’t forget me?
你能时不时拿照片到Carol家去给Ben看?这样他就不会忘记我了。
Phoebe: Hi, Ben. I’m your father. I am…the head. All right, this barbecue’s gonna be very fun.
本,你好,我是你爸爸…… 我是脑袋。这次烧烤一定很好玩。
Ross: Hey, is Rachel here? Um, I wanted to wish her a happy birthday before I left.
Rachel在吗?我想在我离开前祝她生日快乐。
Monica: Oh no, she’s out having drinks with Carl.
不在,她正在和Carl在外面喝酒。
Ross: Oh. Hey, who’s Carl?
哦,对了,Carl是谁?
Monica: You know, that guy she met at the coffeehouse.
她在咖啡屋认识的那个。
Ross: No.
不认识。
Phoebe: Oh, well, see, there’s this guy she met at the…
这个人是她在…
Ross: At the coffeehouse, right.
在咖啡屋认识的。
Phoebe: So you do know who he is!
这么说你知道他是谁!
Ross: OK, I’m gonna go say goodbye to the guys.
好吧,我要去跟他们道别。
Phoebe: Ok, hey, you know what? Tell them that bone story.
嗨,告诉他们骨头的事吧。
Ross: Hi.
嗨。
Joey and Chandler: Hey.
嗨。
Ross: I have to go to China.
我要去中国。
Joey: The country?
国家?
Ross: No no, this big pile of dishes in my mom’s breakfront. Do you guys know who Carl is?
注释:breakfront:(橱、书架等)断层式的(指中间部分突出或上半部缩进)。
不不,我妈家橱柜中的一大堆盘子。你知道Carl是谁吗?
Chandler: Uh, let’s see…Alvin…Simon…Theodore…. no.
让我想想,Alvin……Simon……Theodore……不认识。
Ross: Well, Rachel’s having drinks with him tonight.
Rachel,今晚和他在一起喝酒。
Joey: Oh no! How can she do that when she’s never shown any interest in you? !?
不,她还没对你有任何表示前,怎能这样做?
Chandler: Forget about her.
忘了她吧。
Joey: He’s right, man. Please. Please move on. Go to China. Eat Chinese food.
他说得对,伙计,去吧,到中国,吃中国饭。
Chandler: Of course there, they just call it food.
当然,他们在那儿只称为饭。
Ross: Yeah…I guess. I don’t-I don’t know. Alright, just…just give her this for me, OK?
是吗?大概吧,我不知道。帮我把这个交给她,好吗?
Joey: Listen, buddy, we’re just looking out for you.We want you to be happy. And I may only have a couple beers in me, but…I love you, man.
兄弟,我们只是为你着想。我们要你快乐。或许我喝了两瓶,但我爱你,老兄。
Chandler: I’m still on my first. I just think you’re nice.
我只喝了一瓶,我觉得你人真好。
Melanie: Anyway, that’s when me and my friends started this whole fruit basket business. We call ourselves ‘The Three Basketeers’.
总之,我和朋友开始水果篮事业后。我们就自称为”篮子三剑客”。
Joey: Like the three musketeers, only with fruit.
就像”三剑客”,只是多了水果。
Monica: OK, how does everybody like their burgers?
好吧,谁想吃汉堡?
Rachel: Oh, no no no, present first, food later.
噢,不不不,先看礼物。
Monica: Hey, hold on there, tiger. How’s it going? How are you holding up?
等等,猛♥男,进展得如何?你感觉如何?
Joey: Well, not so good. She definitely thinks tonight is the night we’re gonna… complete the transaction, if you know what… Then you do.
不太顺利,她真的以为今晚就…… 敲定这笔交易,如果你们懂的……你懂的。
Monica: So, uh, have you ever thought about being there for her.
你曾经想过站在她的角度去想事情吗?
Joey: What do you mean?
你什么意思?

 

老友记.本章节注释

注释:jillion: 很多的,大量的。
注释:hand over fist: Fist是握紧的拳头。Hand over fist这个习惯用语来自帆船航运的年代。当年的水手得学会攀援绳索去摆弄高高挂在桅杆上的船帆。他们两手交替,一手放在另一只紧抓绳索的拳头上方一把一把往上攀援,像猿猴一般迅速利落。 Hand over fist出典就在这儿。如今人们借用它来说快速而稳当地做某件事情。
注释:coleslaw:凉拌卷心菜(菜少酱多)。
注释:breakfront:(橱、书架等)断层式的(指中间部分突出或上半部缩进)。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!