美国孕育出三位伟大的作家
America has produced only three classic writers,
马克·吐温 J·D·塞林格和我
Mark Twain, J.D. Salinger, and me.
两者都是美国历史上著名的作家
我是乔纳森·弗林
I’m Jonathan Flynn.
我所写的都是传世经典
Everything I write is a masterpiece.
很快很快
And soon, very soon,
我就能一鸣惊人
I shall be known.
故事讲到这里 姑且称之为此刻吧
At this point of the story, let’s call it the present,
我是一名正派的美国公民
I am an upstanding citizen of these United States.
拥有一份工作
I have a job,
一个安身立命之所 足以维持生计
a roof over my head. I have sustenance.
说不定哪天你就能读到我的大作
Perhaps I’ll let you read my masterpiece someday
纽扣人 也称为
The Button Man, also known as
克里斯托弗·柯柏的自白
The Confessions of Christopher Cobb.
堪称经典
It’s classic.
这不是他的故事
This isn’t his story.
好吧 其实是他的故事
Well, it is,
却不是由他来讲述
but he is not telling it,
而是我
I am.
我是尼克·弗林 他的儿子
I’m Nick Flynn, his son,
我正努力成为一名作家
and I am sort of trying to be a writer.
怎么说呢 现在还不到时候
I mean, not at this very moment.
此刻我正在努力…
At this moment I’m trying to…
起床了
Wake up.
醒醒
Hey, wake up.
成为弗林
在我生命里 父亲从来不曾出现过
All my life, my father has been manifest as an absence.
一个根本不存在 有名无实的人
A non-presence. A name without a body.
他如果不出现呢
What if he doesn’t show up?
他总会现身的
He’s gonna show up.
你怎么知道
How do you know?
因为如果这次他还不出现
Because if he doesn’t show up this time,
我就杀了他
I’m going to kill him.
你上哪儿去杀他呢
How will you find him to kill him?
我有的是办法
I have ways.
他如果不来 我们能吃冰激凌吗
Can we get ice cream if he doesn’t show up?
车来了 他来了
Here is the bus. Here he is.
不 不是他
No, that is not him.
他肯定还在后面
He must be in the back.
你想要什么样的冰激凌
What kind of ice cream do you want to get?
巧克力味的
Chocolate.
我知道他总有一天会现身的
Some pan’ of me knew he would show up someday.
如果我待在一个地方一直等
If I stayed in one place long enough
他就会找到我的
he would find me,
就像他们教你迷路时所做的一样
like you are taught to do when you are lost.
但若是你们两人都迷路了呢
But what do you do if both of you are lost
你们两人都在原地一直等吗
and you both end up in the same place, waiting?
宝贝
Hey, sweetie.
累死我了
I’m exhausted.
航♥班♥还顺利吧
How was your flight?
路上颠个不停
Non-stop turbulence.
尼克 你把烟灰缸放在床边干嘛
Nick, what is the ashtray doing by the bed?
抱歉
Sorry.
口红
Lipstick?
你♥他♥妈♥真是个混球
You are a fucking asshole.
是你说的 我俩没有未来
Look, you are the one who said you didn’t see a future for us.
知道为什么吗 这是你的
I wonder why? This is yours!
给你
This is yours.
-这也是你的 -好啦
– And this is yours! – All right.
-还有这本 -别闹了
– And this is yours. – All right.
-我的书 -还有叶芝
– My book. – And Yates.
-这也是叶芝 -够了
– Oh, more Yates. – All right.
你还真是博览群书呢
Wow! You are so well-read.
好了 够了
All right. All right!
镜子我会赔你的
I’ll pay for the mirror.
我一找着工作就赔
As soon as I get a job.
对不起
Sorry.
为什么 因为你做人这么失败吗
For what, your complete inadequacy as a human being?
是的
Yes.
你提醒过我的
Well, you warned me.
别担心 你又回来了
Don’t worry, you’re back.
回到一位大♥师♥级作家这里了
Back in the hands of a master storyteller.
去你的吧
Yeah, yeah, go fuck yourself.
我喜欢孩子和小动物
I like kids and small animals.
不喜欢同性恋和黑人
What I don’t like is queers and blacks
他们整日整夜地的想着操你
who try and fuck you up the ass all day and all night.
这点稍后再说
But more on that later.
我 一直是一位大♥师♥
What I am, always have been, is an artist.
他妈的安静点
Shut the fuck up.
安静 安静
Shut up. Shut up.
别吵了 别吵了
Shut the fuck up! Shut up!
安静点
Shut Up!
我朋友的朋友认识的两个人
A friend of a friend knew a couple of guys
租下了一整栋大楼
who were renting an entire building,
以前这是一家叫极乐时光的脱衣舞夜♥总♥会♥
a former strip joint called “Good Times.”
不幸的是 这家夜♥总♥会♥根本没开起来
Unfortunately, the good times were not had by all,
就像三年前 那个在门口被刺死的
like that Harvard student who was found
哈佛大学的学生
stabbed to death in the doorway three years before
我不知道该跟你说什么
I don’t know what to tell you.
你得自己去想明白 老兄
That’s something you got to figure out, man.
那么 这里哪一点吸引了你呢
So, what appeals to you about living here?
-租金低 -稍等
– Low rent. – Yeah, hold on one second.
你有工作吗
Do you have a job?
没有 我存了些钱
Uh, no. I have some money saved up.
我以前是个电工
I was working as an electrician,
不过现在打算换个工作
but now I’m looking for a newline of work.
电工
An electrician?
你能把这个地方弄成宇宙飞船那样子吗
Can you wire this place up to look like a spaceship?
-埃文 -是的
– Ivan. – Yes.
你对哪一种职业感兴趣呢
And what field of employment are you interested in?
与众不同的 更有意义的
Something different, something more meaningful.
更有意义 是什么意思
“More meaningful,” What does that mean?
不知道
I don’t know.
那些是脱衣舞娘的名字吗
Are those, like, the names of strippers?
是的 房♥东的黑♥手♥党♥成员
Yeah. The landlord’s Mafia,
联邦调查局把他封了之后
so he just left all this shit the way it was
这些东西就原封不动的留了下来
when the FBI shut him down.
你有家人吗
Any family?
别弄的像审问似的
Stop interrogating the guy.
不好意思 埃文 但是我之前的室友
I’m sorry, Ivan, but my last roommate had
把全家人从柬埔寨接过来
his entire family from Cambodia
睡在了客厅里
sleeping in the living room.
没有 我母亲去世了 我父亲
No, my mom’s dead, and my dad,
我十♥八♥年♥没见过他了 所以…
I haven’t heard from in 18 years, so…
-好极了 -成交
– Perfect. – Done.
你们俩是…
So, are you guys like…
-不是 -那就好
– No. No. – Okay.
丹尼斯 你不是说过你们那里在招人吗
So, Denise, didn’t you say they were hiring people at your work?
他们老是在招人
They usually are.
太好了 尼克正想找份活儿呢
Good. ‘Cause I think Nick here is looking for a job.
-饶了他吧 -你在哪儿工作
– Give him a break, man. – Where do you work?
避难街旅店 听说过吗
Harbor Street Inn. You heard of it?
-没有 -那里是流浪汉收♥容♥所♥
– No. – It’s a homeless shelter.
听起来不错 你算是个行善之人了
That sounds intense. So are you like a do-gooder?
不 我是个作恶之人
No, I’m a do-badder,
只不过在避难街工作罢了
but I work at Harbor Street.
为什么说你是个作恶之人
What makes you a do-badder?
我敢打赌 你肯定想知道
I bet you would like to know.
当然
I would.
有时候 就那么几次
Upon occasion, rare occasion, but still,
我会拉个女客 然后开始一段艳遇
I’ll pick up a female fare and we will strike up a conversation.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!