You know I don’t drink, Ed. Oh, yeah.
你知道我不喝的 艾德 噢 是啊
Mr. Muscle Beach.
健美先生
Well, isn’t this nice. My old pal dropping by to entertain the little woman while I’m at work.
这真是太好了 我工作的时候 老朋友过来逗这个小女人开心
I suppose you fell into that habit while I was in the hospital.
我想我在医院时你已经是这样了吧
I didn’t notice your car outside as I drove in.
我开车进来时没注意到 你的车在外面
Well, I 鈥?I walked, Ed.
我 我是走路的 艾德
Oh, of course. Exercise.
噢 当然了 锻炼嘛
That magnificent physique.
不然怎么会有这么好的身材
By the way, what were you talking about?
对了 你们在谈什么?
WWe were just chatting. What about exactly?
我…我们只是随便聊聊 说了什么?
You know, Ed, one thing and another.
艾德 也就是那些事
What short memories. Oh, Ed.
记性真差啊 噢 艾德
Yes, Ed!
是的 艾德!
Oh, I started to tell you.
噢 我告诉你
A whole new vista suddenly opened up.
一个全新的前景忽然出现在我面前
It’s gonna take everything I’ve got. But what a career. What a mission.
我所说的都会实现 这真是太棒了
It could lead to a completely new type oftelevision program for adults.
这将为大人们 带来一个新式的电视节目
It 鈥?It sounds fascinating.
听…听起来很棒
Is that what you told them at the P.T.A. meeting?
你在家长教师联合会 是这样和他们说的吗?
Oh, so you do remember what you were talking about.
噢 你记得你们在谈什么
Did you make a full report, Wally?
你全说了吧 沃利?
I’m sure you did.
肯定说了
Well…

this will be a wrench for both of us.
这对我们两人来说是个痛苦
But you must try to understand that I couldn’t possibly continue on here.
但你得明白 我再也不能继续了
This new project 鈥?
这个新的计划
I couldn’t do it justice in an atmosphere of…
我在这种家庭氛围下
petty domesticity.
无法客观地进行了
A man’s wife.
一个男人的妻子
The woman he expected to love devotedly for the rest of his life.
他本想在余生里都全心全意地爱她
Then suddenly one morning, you’re free 鈥?released.
但忽然某个早上 你自♥由♥了、解脱了
You’ve simply outgrown her. What?
你只是不再爱她了 什么?
Quiet!
安静!
The way things turn out.
这样的结果
The way destiny imposes its intentions at crucial moments.
命运在关键时刻开了玩笑
What perfect timing.
真是太巧了
Oh 鈥? [ Mouthing Words ]

Take it easy.
放松点
You get on the phone and call Dr. Norton.
你打电♥话♥给诺顿医生
He’ll put you in touch with a 鈥?
他会帮你联♥系♥一位…
Well, you know, a psychiatrist. No!
精神科医生 不!
[ Door Slams ] No, don’t you dare say that!
不 你竟然那样说!
You’re gonna keep kidding yourself, Lou?
你拿自己开玩笑吗 露?
Kidding myself?
拿自己开玩笑?
If it gets around that Ed’s in the hospital again, this time with mental trouble…
如果别人知道 艾德因为精神问题再进医院
what do you think that’s going to do to a schoolteacher’s career?
会对他的教师生涯产生什么后果?
Oh, I see.
哦 我明白了
Yeah.
是啊
I certainly had you figured wrong, Lou.
我真的看错你了 露
Smart girl like you.
像你这么聪明的姑娘
Why don’t you carry the ball for a while?
为什么你不再干一段时间呢
Get your old job back again or something.
干回老本行或什么
Do you think Ed would let me go out and earn a living while he’s in the hospital?
你觉得艾德在医院的时候 他会让我出去赚钱养家糊口吗?
What are you gonna do then? Whatever he thinks he wants 鈥?anything at all.
那你想怎么办? 他要我做就做什么 什么都行
Look, Wally, you go back to the school. But, Lou 鈥?
听着 沃利 你回学校去 但是 露…
You’ll only disturb him. You heard him.
你只会打扰到他 你听到了
He said he was gonna leave you. Oh, that. That doesn’t mean anything.
他说他本打算离开你 噢 那事啊 那根本不代表什么
He’s not himself! All that pain and worry.
他根本不是他自己了! 疼痛和担忧改变了他
Uh, go on. Okay.
啊 走吧 好的
But ifyou need any help, you 鈥?
但如果你需要任何帮助 你…
Right?
懂吧
Can I help? Ifyou like.
我来帮你吧 你愿意的话
Thanks.
谢谢
You look tired.
你看起来很累
Why don’t you take a nap before you leave?
你走之前为什么不睡一下
We waste a third of our lives sleeping.
我们在睡觉上 浪费了三分之一的生命
Not content with that, we keep running to the doctors for sleeping pills.
不仅如此 我们还一直向医生拿药 来以保持睡眠
They can afford to be lavish with life because they have no conception of its value.
他们帮助我们浪费时间 因为他们不懂时间的珍贵
All right. They’ve reduced the mortality rate.
好吧 他们至少减少了死亡率
They know how to keep us alive. But they don’t know why.
他们知道如何让我们活下去 但他们不知道原因何在
Hadn’t you better wait until morning? It’s probably never occurred to you…
等到早上走不更好? 你可能从没想到…
that the words “teacher” and “doctor” mean the same thing.
老师和医生这两个词的意思是一样的
Unfortunately there are too many doctors and not enough teachers.
不幸的是有太多的医生和太少的老师
How long do you think this newjob will take?
你觉得这份新工作要花多长时间
It’s a lifework. Can’t you get that through your head?
这是一份终身事业 你脑子怎么就弄不明白
What a shame I couldn’t have married someone who was my intellectual equal.
我没有娶一个才智相当的女人 真是太可悲了
I suppose you’ll send the manuscript here so I can type it.
你想你可以把手稿寄到这 我帮你打印出来
I’ll hire a professional. Oh, but that’s so expensive.
我会雇佣一个专业打字员 噢 那太贵了
There you go again. Very thing I was talking about.
你又来了 你总是听不懂我说的话
The trivial 鈥?You just can’t distinguish between the trivial and the important, can you?
鸡毛蒜皮 你就是分不清孰轻孰重对吧
Where will you stay? Some hotel.
你要住在哪? 酒店
Ed, I’ll drive you around so you can find a really nice place.
艾德 我可以载你去找一个 比较好的住所
You can keep the car, ifthat’s what’s worrying you.
车子归你了 如果你担心的是这个事情
I’ll call a cab.
我叫的士就可以了
[ Richie ] Want to come over and play baseball?
要过来玩棒球吗?
Okay. Then hurry up.
好 那快点过来
Hi, Mom! Anything to eat?
嗨 妈妈! 有吃的吗?
Richie, shh.
里奇 嘘~
Richie, I want you to go over to your daddy’s school.
里奇 我要你到父亲的学校去
Find your Uncle Wally and tell him I have to talk to him right away.
找你沃利叔叔 告诉他我需要马上跟他谈谈
Okay, Mom.
好的 妈妈
Hi, Dad! What are you doing home?
嗨 爸爸! 你在家干什么?
You better wash that face.
你最好洗洗脸
I can’t leave after all.
我最后还是没办法离开
A man’s first obligation is to bring up his own son.
一个男人的首要责任 就是教育自己的孩子
Sometimes we say more than we mean.
有时候我们的话根本不是那个意思
I know.
我知道
I think I’ll go for a little ride.
我想出去兜下风
Do you want me to go along? No, thanks.
要我陪你去吗? 不用了 谢谢
I have to think. Gotta clear my mind.
我必须去喝点酒 理清头绪
Want me to unpack your bags?
要我帮你整理行李吗?
Yeah.
好的
Might as well.
你帮我弄吧
Shall I take my bike?
我应该骑自行车去吗?
No, darling. You don’t have to go now.
不 亲爱的 你现在不用去了
Now, come on. Shall we raid the icebox?
好了 让我们看看 冰箱里有什么好吃的
[ Horn Honking ] Get going, you stupid 鈥?
滚开 你这笨…
Oh, I seem to have left my prescription blanks in the car.
噢 我好像把处方单留在车里了
Let me have one ofyours, will you?
能给我一张吗?
Thanks.
谢谢
Are you a physician?
你是医生吗?
If I weren’t, I wouldn’t be able to write this, would I?
如果我不是我怎么会写这个 对吧
If it would make you feel any better, I can go get my bag.
如果你觉得这样不好 我可以去拿我的包
I guess this will be all right, Doctor.
我想这样没问题 医生
Ifyou don’t mind, I’m in a hurry. My patient’s right outside in the car.
如果可以的话 请快点 我的病人就在车上等着
Periarteritis nodosa.
动脉外膜炎
Yes, sir.
是的 医生
I’m glad I dropped in. I’m new here.
我很高兴到你店里来 我刚搬到这边
I like the way you do business. Thank you.
我喜欢你做生意的方式 谢谢
Is the virus epidemic keeping you busy, Doctor?
流感是不是让你很忙碌啊 医生
Night and day.
日以继夜啊
The birthrate’s getting out of hand too.
接生也忙死了
The birthrate 鈥?[ Chuckles ] Yes.
接生啊 没错
This will be $50. Doctor’s cost.
这些要50元 医生价格
Gosh, Dad. I’m winded. That’s football.
天啊 爸爸 我累死了 这就是足球
Come on, boy. Let’s go. You’re center. I yell “hike.”
好了 孩子 再来 你在中♥央♥ 我喊进攻
You run. You count six and it’ll be there.
你就跑 你数到到六我就扔过去
Ready? Hike!
准备好没?进攻!
What’d you close your eyes for? You can’t expect to catch a pass with your eyes closed.
你为什么闭上眼睛? 你闭着眼可没办法接到球
[ Richie ] I didn’t.
我没有啊

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!