暹罗 1862年
大伙儿快点 时间有限
Come on, lads, hurry! We haven’t got all day.
船长 我们到了吗
Is that it, captain? Are we here?
是啊 孩子 我们到曼谷了
Aye, laddie. That’s Bangkok all right.
路易斯
Louis! Oh, Louis!
妈妈 看啊 曼谷在那
Mother! Look, there’s Bangkok.
-是的 真让人激动 -大伙快点
Yes, I know. Isn’t it exciting?
船长 我听到抛锚的声音 出什么事了
Captain, I heard them lowering the anchor. Is anything wrong?
我们得等下午的潮汐把船送上岸
We have to wait for the afternoon tide to carry us over the bar.
知道了
Oh, I see.
妈妈 暹罗国王会来接我们吗
Will the king of Siam come down to meet us, Mother?
恐怕不行 亲爱的 照国法国王不能那样做
I hardly think so, dear. Kings don’t, as a rule.
大家快过去 船头那边需要人手
Come forward, lads. They need help in the bow.
快去那边帮忙
Get along there.
那是皇室的船
That’s the royal barge.
国王来接我们了
The king is coming out to meet us.
不是国王 是克莱拉霍
It’s not the king, it’s the kralahome.
他是谁
Who is the kralahome?
是个首相之类的人
A sort of a prime minister.
他是国王的左右手
The king’s right-hand man, you might say.
能让我看看吗
May I look? Please, may I see?
好吧 孩子
Aye, laddie.
夫人 请容我给你一点忠告
Ma’am, if I might be allowed to offer you a word of warning,
此人很有势力 可以凭借势力帮你或反对你
that man has power, and he can use it for you or against you.
欧顿船长 你不用再为我担心了
You must stop worrying about me, Captain Orton.
有时我怀疑你不知道自己将面对什么
Sometimes I wonder if you know what you’re really facing.
你一个英国女人 孤身在暹罗这样的国家
An Englishwoman alone in a country like Siam.
没关系 船长 我有自己的工作…
It doesn’t matter, captain. I shall have work to do,
国王也答应过给我房♥子
and the king has promised me a house of my own.
我会在那将儿子 按他父亲的遗愿养育成人
I’ll have a place to bring up my boy as his father would have wished.
妈妈 快看 那个首相一♥丝♥不♥挂♥
Mother, look. The prime minister is naked!
路易斯 别无礼 他不可能一♥丝♥不♥挂♥
Oh, don’t be ridiculous, Louis. He can’t be naked.
他只是…
He’s only…
半裸而已
half-naked.
妈妈 他看起来很凶啊
They look so cruel, Mother.
爸爸希望我们能勇敢 对吧
Father wouldn’t have liked us to be afraid, would he?
是啊 你♥爸♥爸希望我们能勇敢
No, Louis. Father would not have liked us to be afraid.
他一直如此
Not ever.
你害怕过什么吗
Doesn’t anything ever frighten you?
有时会害怕
Oh, yes, sometimes.
-那你怎么办 -我会吹口哨
-What do you do? -I whistle.
原来是这样的
Oh, that’s why you whistle.
所以我才吹口哨啊
That’s why I whistle.
每当我感到害怕时…
Whenever I feel afraid
我把头抬起来…
I hold my head erect
吹出一段欢快的曲子 就没人会怀疑…
And whistle a happy tune, So no one will suspect
我在害怕
I’m afraid
我双脚都在发抖…
While shivering in my shoes
还做出个满不在乎的姿势…
I strike a careless pose
吹出一段欢快的曲子
And whistle a happy tune
就没人知道我在害怕…
And no one ever knows I’m afraid
这个把戏的结果…
The result of this deception
很难道明白
is very strange to tell
当我愚弄我害怕的人时…
For when I fool the people I fear
也愚弄了我自己
I fool myself as well!
我吹出一段欢快的曲子…
I whistle a happy tune
每一次…
And ev’ry single time
曲子里的快乐…
The happiness in the tune
都让我觉得自己不再害怕
Convinces me that I’m not afraid.
都让我以为自己很勇敢
Make believe you’re brave
这个把戏会让你充满勇气
And the trick will take you far.
你就能像自己…
You may be as brave
想象中的那样勇敢
As you make believe you are.
你就能像自己…
You may be as brave
想象中的那样勇敢
As you make believe you are.
妈妈 我觉得这个主意很不错
I think that’s a very good idea, Mother. A very good idea.
是啊 确实如此
Yes, it is a good idea, isn’t it?
我想我以后都不会害怕了
I don’t think I shall ever be afraid again.
很好
Good.
这个把戏的结果…
The result of this deception
很难道明白
ls very strange to tell
当我愚弄我害怕的人时…
For when I fool the people I fear
也愚弄了我自己
I fool myself as well!
这是安娜·雷诺文斯夫人
This is Anna Leonowens.
雷诺文斯夫人 这位是克莱拉霍大人
Mrs. Leonowens, may I present His Excellency, the kralahome.
先生 你就是皇室子女的家庭教师吗
Sir, you are lady who will be schoolmistress of the royal children?
-是的 -他叫你”先生”
-Yes. -He called you “sir.”
亲爱的 安静点
Hush, dear, hush.
你在曼谷有朋友吗
Have you friends in Bangkok?
我在曼谷一个人都不认识
I know no one in Bangkok at all.
国王陛下想知道你是否结婚了
His Excellency wishes to know, are you married, sir?
我是个寡妇
I am a widow.
你死去的丈夫是做什么的
What manner of man, your deceased husband?
我丈夫在女王陛下的军队…
My husband was an officer of Her Majesty’s Army in…
告诉你的主人…
Tell your master his business with me
他只需管我当皇室家庭教师的事
is as schoolteacher to the royal children.
他无权干涉我的私生活
He has no right to pry into my personal affairs.
欧顿船长 他没有权力
He hasn’t, Captain Orton.
怎么能这样
I don’t like that man.
在国外生活 你最好能跟入乡随俗
In foreign country is best you like everyone until you leave.
至少该告诉我你会说英语 大人
You might at least have told us you speak English, Your Excellency.
家庭女教师没必要什么都知道
It is not necessary for schoolteacher to know everything at once.
跟我走吧
You come with me now.
你的行李待会会送到皇宫的
Your baggages shall be carried to palace later.
等一下 我不去皇宫 我不住那里
Just a minute. Not the palace. I am not living in the palace.
-谁说的 -国王说的
-Who say? -The king say… Says.
他在信中说 每个月给我20英镑工资…
In his letter of agreement, he promised me 20£ a month
还在皇宫外安排一个住处给我
and a house of my own outside the palace walls.
国王不一定记得 自己答应过的每件事
King do not always remember what he promise.
那你该提醒他
Then you will have to remind him.
如果我说他出尔反尔 他会生气的
If I tell king he break this promise, I will make anger in him.
我觉得国王把怒气出在 更重要的事上比较好
I think is better if king’s anger reserved for more important matters.
那好吧 如果你害怕 我自己告诉他
Very well, then. If you are afraid to tell him, I will.
我想马上见他一面 这样我还有时间…
I should like to see him at once, while there’s time for me
登船返回英国
to return to England on this boat.
-国王现在很忙 -大人…
-King very busy now. -Your Excellency,
我只是想跟国王说说话
all I want is a few minutes’ audience with him.
我诚心诚意来这里工作…
I have come here to work and I intend to work,
但答应我的事一件也不能少
but I shall take nothing less than I have been promised.
你要这样对国王说吗
You will tell king this?
我会这样对他说的
I will tell king this.
这样的会面将会非常有趣啊
It should be very interesting meeting.
现在走吧
You come now!
如果你改变主意的话…
If you change your mind…
再见 欧顿船长 谢谢你的照顾
Goodbye, Captain Orton, and thank you for everything.
祝你好运 夫人
Good luck, ma’am.
-再见 船长 -再见 孩子
-Goodbye, captain. -Goodbye, laddie.
照顾好你妈妈
Take good care of your mother, now.
国王今天心情不好
King in bad spirit today.
你最好等他心情好了再来
Suggest schoolteacher wait for better day.
大人 我今天心情也很差 我不能等了
My spirit is just as bad, Your Excellency. I cannot wait.
那个人叫伦山 是缅♥甸♥使者
Man is Lun Tha, emissary from court of Burma.
他把缅♥甸♥王子给国王的礼物带来了
He bring present to king from prince of Burma.
她叫土普提
Her name is Tuptim.
那个女孩就是礼物
Why, that girl is a present?
是给国王的礼物
For king.
国王对她很满意
King is pleased with her.
很遗憾 国王不见客了
Sorry. King has concluded audience.
你是说我不能见他了
Well, you mean I cannot see him?
今天不行了
Not today.
路易斯 我们走

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!