一匹睿智的马曾经告诉我
A wise horse once told me…
一匹野马的意志永不会被击垮
…that a mustang’s spirit can never be broken.
它有着大海般的力量
That it has the strength of the ocean…
永远不朽 就像风一样
and lives forever, like the wind.
在我的一生中
Over the course of my life…
我的意志曾被考验过无数次
my spirit has been tested a thousand times…
直到我发现了一个秘密 才得以解脱
until I discovered a secret that saved me.
要告诉你这个秘密是什么
And to tell you what it is,
我们得从最开始讲起
we have to start at the very beginning.
这是一匹野马
The story of a wild horse…
和她所爱女孩的故事
and the girl she loved.
黑神驹
我出生在一处洒满阳光的草甸
I was born in a golden meadow…
在野花丛中
on a bed of soft wildflowers.
我的母亲带我去了我们的家
My mother showed me our home.
一望无垠
It was endless…
茫茫苍苍
and beautiful.
和家族初次见面时我有些害羞
I was a little shy to meet my family.
有好多的家族成员
There were so many of them.
为了向他们证明自己
To prove myself to the herd…
我必须要变得强壮 迅速 无畏
I had to be strong and fast and fearless.
随着我渐渐长大
As I got older
一团火焰也在我心中燃起
I felt a fire rising up in me.
我母亲告诉我 那是我野马的意志
My mother said it was my mustang spirit,
它会一直为我指明方向
and it would always guide me.
她告诉我不能不讲道理地乱踢或是乱咬
She said I should never kick or bite without a good reason,
而应该尽量地温柔友善
but always try to be gentle and kind.
我的心渴望着去探索这片草原之外的世界
My heart ached to explore the world beyond our meadow.
一个永远没谁能夺走的地方
A place nobody could ever take from us.
我两岁时 发现了一些事
When I turned two years old, I made a discovery.
有奇怪的生物搬来了我们的乐园
Strange creatures were moving onto our land.
虽然我知道离开山里是不合规矩的
It was against the rules to leave the mountains…
但我必须弄明白他们是从何而来
but I had to find out where they were coming from.
我们得找到那个野马群
We gotta find that mustang herd.
她在那儿 我们很快就回来找你 小漂亮
There she goes. We’re coming back for you, pretty thing!
我知道我将整个家族卷入了危险中
I knew I had put my whole family in danger.
那天晚上 我母亲给我讲了一个故事
That night my mother told me a story
是关于一匹马离开这个世界后会发生什么
about what happens when a horse leaves this Earth.
说她不会永远在这里保护我
That she wouldn’t always be there to protect me…
但我不应该忧虑
but that I shouldn’t worry
因为在一匹马要离开的时候
because when it is a horse’s time to go…
她会向着天空奔去
it gallops toward the sky,
就像飞起来一样
just as if it can fly.
当她的那一刻到来
And that when her time came…
她会一直在天上
she would always watch over me…
守护着我
from her bed in the stars.
我知道我酿成了大祸
I knew I had made a terrible mistake.
是我把他们引了过来
I had led them right to us.
那匹小母马疯了吧
That filly’s out of her mind.
这是我初次和这种生物打交道
It was my first experience with the creatures
他们被称为 人类
they called humans.
我在逃窜中和母亲走失了
I lost my mother in the stampede.
那是我最后一次见到她
It was the last time I ever saw her.
而我知道这一切都是我的错
And I knew it was all my fault.
我感到伤心 愧疚 愤怒
I felt hurt and guilty and just so angry.
我母亲说一匹野马的意志永不会被击垮
My mother said a mustang’s spirit could never be broken.
但我开始怀疑究竟是不是那样
But I was beginning to doubt if that was true.
我的意志像是破碎了
My spirit felt shattered.
嘿 你怎么样啊
Hey. How you doin’?
这么一路从东边过来
From all the way out east, huh?
相当漫长的旅途
Quite the haul.
我是大老远从纽约开车过来的
I drove all the way out from New York.
你得给他们弄些干净的水
You gotta get fresh water.
没错 我早上刚想给他们换
Yeah, I was just about to change it out this morning.
我的一个手下生病了
One of my staffers got sick.
你想要几匹马
How many you looking to take?
就一些
Just a few.
她很漂亮
She’s a pretty one.
是啊 但那匹小母马脾气可坏了
Yeah, well, that filly’s got a horrible temper.
相信我 你不会想要她的
Trust me, you don’t want her.
反正她是一匹烈性马
She’s a strike horse anyway.
她下午就会被送走了
It’s leaving this afternoon.
他买♥♥走了二十匹脾气不好的
He’s adopting 20 of them.
我们其实并不记录烈性马都去了哪里
We don’t exactly keep a record of where our strike horses go.
你们当然不
Course you don’t.
这个新来的人看起来不一样
The new man seemed different.
他的眼神很温柔
His eyes were softer.
可怜的姑娘
Poor girl.
我知道你只是害怕
You’re just frightened. I know.
还有愤怒 我确定
And angry, I’m sure.
真是很有个性啊
A lot of personality, all right.
体型也很好 很优美
Well-built too. Elegant.
好了小伙子们 把它们围起来
Okay, boys, that’s it. Round ’em up.
等一下 她我要了
Hold on. I’ll take her.
当我们离开那个差劲的地方时
As we drove away from that awful place,
我还不知道能够被选中是有多么幸运
I had no idea how lucky I was to be one of the few chosen.
因为没有多少人愿意来驯服野马
Because not many people want a wild mustang to train.
我们沿着一条漫长灰色的路走了好几天
We went down the long gray path for days.
欢迎来到犹他州
伯特威克马场 纽约
好了 跑吧
There you go. Buck it out.
她非常迷人 约翰
Well, she’s a gorgeous one, John.
-是吧 -只是
– She is, isn’t she? – It’s just
其他马好像更加
The other ones seem much more decidedly…
温顺吗
Tame?
我本来想说正常的 但你说的也对
I was going to say sane, but yes.
她会安定下来的
Ah, she’ll settle in.
-相信我 -我信
– Trust me. – I do.
但是在这儿驯养是有时间限制的 约翰
But the rescues have a time limit here, John.
我们都清楚
We both know that.
我在伯特威克的第一个晚上
My first night at Birtwick.
我想家了
I miss my family.
这里的其他马我都不认识
The other horses were all strangers.
但这里更宁静
But it was quieter there.
我可以听见一些新的声音
And I could hear a new sound.
闻到空气中的咸味
Smell salt on the air.
真是平静啊
It was peaceful.
终于 我睡着了
And finally, I slept.
我想知道这个人想从我这得到什么
I wondered what the new man wanted from me.
他不可能理解的
He couldn’t possibly understand.
好 就按你自己的节奏
All right. In your own time.
男孩和我发明了一个游戏
The boy and I developed a game.
-我们一起玩这个游戏 -别紧张
– We played it together… – Easy.
每天都玩
…each and every day.
我每次都能赢
I always won.
我母亲肯定不会认同我这么做
My mother would not have approved,
但既然人类从未善待过我
but humans had not been kind or good to me.
我又为什么要对他们友好呢
So why should I be to them?
那匹野马脾气很差
That mustang’s got a real mean streak.
现在 她只是还有些愤怒
Right now, she’s just angry.
若是UFO突然出现
Wouldn’t you be if a UFO came down
把你从家人身边带走 难道你不会吗
and stole you from your family?
嗯 我想会的
Yeah, I guess so.
但我还是想不出你要怎样才能
Still, I don’t see how you can
驯服这样一匹马
break a horse like that.
看在她的份上 我们试试好吗
For her sake, let’s try, shall we?
我觉得人类一定是很懒
I decided humans must be very lazy.
他们总是想要被什么东西载着走
They always wanted to be carried around by something.
我猜你在野外没有见过这个
Bet you haven’t seen one of these in the wild.
这个人以为他的小把戏可以骗到我
The man thought he could outsmart me with his tricks.
好姑娘
Good girl.
但他小看了我

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!