简,冷静点
Jane, keep it down. Jane.
我… 我整晚都睡不着 -简
I was – I was up all night and – – Jane.
这让我生病了
It made me ill.
那样更好
That’s better.
你可能会因为那个被解雇的 -因为那个我升职了
You could get fired for things like that. – I got promoted for things like that.
为了一则新闻切换镜头也要咬牙工作?
Working up tears for a news piece cutaway?
你完全混淆了台词中的精华与糟粕成分!
You totally crossed the line between what is ethical and what is garbage!
很难混淆,是潜移默化的不是吗?
It’s hard not to cross it. They keep moving the little sucker, don’t they?
它…
It –
证明了区别是我们… -这只是一面之词
It just proves that the differences we – – This is a one-way argument.
我们还有6天
We have six days.
如果你走了,我们打架,我们彼此憎恨 我们会回家的
If you go and we fight and we hate it, we’ll come home.
如果你不走,那是更重要的一个协议 我弄完了会去伦敦的
If you don’t go, that’s a much bigger deal. I leave for London right after that.
如果你能… 将是重大交易
So it’d be a very big deal if you’d… s-stay –
飞机要起飞了 到点了,这是你的机票
The plane is boarding. You’re good at deadlines. Here’s your ticket.
不可思议
It’s amazing.
你难以置信地违背道德 还表现得…
You commit this incredible breach of ethics, and then you act as if I’m n –
我使你度过这么艰难的时期
I’m giving you a hard time about nothing.
拿着这个,当你编辑新闻时
Try and get this. When you edited that piece –
我现在要离开了
I’m leaving now.
E-2舱门
Gate E-2.
早上好 -早上好
Good morning. – Good morning.
请到杜邦圆环
Dupont Circle, please.
别走环城快道,因为这个时候会有…
Don’t take the Beltway, because at this time of day there’s gonna be a –
随便你吧
Go any way you want.
可是纽约大道更近些
But New York Avenue’s faster.
当他们告诉我比尔决定退休时…
When they told me Bill had decided to retire
当他们告诉我比尔决定退休时…
When they told me Bill had decided to retire…
而且让我主持晚间新闻时…
and offered me the evening news…
我以为就跟我们以前在电视台 开的玩笑一样…
I thought it was the same kind of joke we used to pull at the station…
在节目播出时把提词员叫下来
turning someone’s prompter off in the middle of a show.
但是他们听到我的话后 以为我在开玩笑
But when they heard my reaction they thought I was kidding.
我告诉他们我会成为他们的主持人 但没想到会成为主编…
I told them I’d be their anchor, but I didn’t want to be the managing editor…
而且还有比我更有资质的人 可以来主持大局的
that there were people better qualified than I to control the content…
如果没有的话,我们就都麻烦了
and if there weren’t, we were all in trouble.
现在更重要的是
And now to something more important.
我想介绍一下我的未婚妻
I’d like to introduce my fiancée.
莉拉?
Lila?
噢,亚伦 -恭喜
Oh! Aaron. – Congratulations.
亚伦,莉拉,莉…
Aaron. Wh – Lila. Li –
莉拉,这是亚伦.奥特曼 -嗨
Lila, this is Aaron Altman. – Hi.
噢,是的 -看看这个小家伙
Oh, yeah. – Look at this kid.
他不能是别人的吧
He couldn’t possibly belong to anyone else.
你叫什么名字? -克利福德
What’s your name? – Clifford.
克利福德 -嘿,克里夫
Clifford. – Hey, Cliff.
你知道这是谁吗?
Do you know who this is?
那个天大的笑话?
The big joke?
噢! -噢
Ohh! – Ooh.
我不知道哪里…
I don’t know where –
你知道,简下来了 -不
You know, Jane’s down here. – No.
我要带克里夫去看她 -我能一起去吗?
I’m taking Cliff over to see her. – Can I come along?
好的!
Yeah!
呃,我在老地方和你碰头好吗?
Um, um, I’ll meet you back at the place? Is that okay?
好的 -你会好的
Yes. – You’ll be okay.
来吧 -不
Come on. – No!
我们现在去见简 我们等一下打电♥话♥给妈妈
We’ll see Jane now, we’ll call Mommy later.
演讲太棒了 -谢谢
The speech was magnificent. – Thanks.
噢,我忘了对演讲说点什么了 -我很感激
Oh, I forgot to say something about the speech. – I appreciate it.
汤姆,我们为你感到骄傲 -谢谢
Tom, we are proud of you. – Thanks.
嗨,伙计们!过来!
Hey, guys! Come over here!

Hey.

Hey!
嗨,这是什么? 我太太在我眼前狂奔!
Hey, what is this? My life is rushing in front of my eyes!
克利福德,过来! 我给你看点东西!
Clifford, come on over here! I wanna show you something!
克利福德!
Clifford!
克利福德,来吧! 我给你看点东西
Clifford, come on! I wanna show you something.
野餐?
Picnic?
我以为克里夫在这儿? 但是谁知道这个?
Well, I thought for ol’ Cliff here. But who knew about this?
会很棒的
It’ll be great though.
那么,你昨晚得到了什么? -是的
So, what, did you get in last night? – Yeah.
极度的文化冲击
Extreme culture shock.
你比你的画好看多了
You are more adorable than your pictures.
看看你
Look at you.
瞧我给你带了什么,克里夫
Look what I got for you, Cliff.
喔! -哇!
Whoo! – Whoa!
喔! -就在那边
Whoo! – Right there.
太棒了! 让我瞧瞧,过来
That’s terrific! Let me see it. Come here.
你决定了吗?
Are you any closer to a decision?
差不多了
I think so.
亚伦,他们告诉我主编的事了
Aaron, they’ve been talking to me about being, uh, managing editor.
真的?喔!
Really? Whoo!
我… 打算接任
I’m… gonna take it.
哦,那可… -简,漂亮的工作
Oh, that is – – Jane, what a job.
是个惊喜,我不觉得我们有机会
A great surprise. I didn’t think we had a chance.
他们告诉我你想留在华盛顿
They told me you wanted to stay in Washington.
呃…
Well…
有个男孩
there’s a guy.
但是,他说他会大发雷霆
But, um, he says he’ll fly up a lot.
我们应该谈谈
Hmm. Well, we should talk.
你有时间吃饭吗? 我想要你见见莉拉
Do you have time for dinner? I’d like you to meet Lila.
抱歉,但是我真的很期待
I’m sorry, but I was really looking forward to that.
我几个钟头就回来
I’m gonna go back in a few hours.

Well –
很高兴见到你
It’s so good to see you.
很高兴见到你 -嗨
It’s nice to see you. – Hey.
恭喜史上最长长跑赢家
Congratulations on history’s longest winning streak.
是的,如果你在波特兰坐立不安 可得让我知道
Yeah, if you ever get restless in Portland, let me know.
为什么?
Why?
好的
Okay.
再见,老板
Bye, boss.
嗨,克里夫 -你去哪?
Hey, Cliff. – Where are you going?
克里夫!
Cliff!
回你父亲那儿去 -来吧,克里夫
Go back to your father. – Come on, Cliff.
来吧
Come on.
爸爸
Daddy.
那个人是谁? -噢,我们三个月前
So, who’s the guy? – Oh, well, we met about, uh –
见过面
three months ago.
他在卫生局局长办公室上班
Uh, he works at the surgeon general’s office.
他喜欢船…
He loves boating…
所以他拉我去滑水
so he’s been getting me into water skiing.
我喜欢他!
I like it!
有啥好笑的,你后来怎么样了?
So, doll, what about you lately?
嗯…
Well, uh…
我太太得到了这份新工作 -太好了
my wife got this new job. – Great.
从这种高科技的“合成器-序列”类型的东西开始
It starts off with this very high-tech “syntho-sequency” type thing.
像这样
Like this –
这就是新闻
That’s the news.
琴弦带着旋律
And the strings take the melody.
Al做的反旋律
Al does the countermelody.
大结局!
Big finish!
吧,吧,嗒,嗒
♪ Bah, bah, da, da ♪