你好 -你应该感到荣幸
Hi. – You should be honored.
她以前从没想过要来这儿见谁 -爸爸
She never wanted to meet anyone here before. – Dad.
但是她说刚刚看了电视后 她爱上你了
But she said that she just loved you on television just now.
嗨,艾丽,还记得我吗?
Hi, Elli. Remember me?
我记不清了,很抱歉
I-I’m not sure. I’m – I’m sorry.
我去过你家
I’ve been to your house.
去年亚伦还和我们一起度过了 14天的乘筏旅行
And Aaron was on that, uh, 14-day raft trip with us last year.
哦,是的 -我当时穿着黄色的雨衣
Oh, yeah. – I had that big yellow raincoat on.
哦,是的 -雨衣上还有个风帽
Oh, yeah. – It had a hood.
是这样的,嗨 -的确
Yeah. Hi! – Yes.
我头上戴着那个风帽 -是的,你换发型了
It was over my head. – Yeah. Your hair’s different.
是的 -嗨
Yeah. – Hi.
嗨,艾丽,她认得我
Hi, Elli. She knows me.
嗨,爸爸
Hi, Dad.
你看见了吗?
Did you see it?
很好,我会给你寄一盒录影带
Great. I’ll send you a tape.
很抱歉我没打电♥话♥
I’m sorry I haven’t called.
事情有点…
Things got a…
不那么顺利
little bumpy for a while.
不,没什么大问题,我很好
No, it’s not important. I’m fine.
嗨,爸爸
Hey, Dad?
我想或许我可以做这份工作
I think I just may be able to do this job.
我很高兴你这样想
Well, I’m – I’m glad you were sure.
哦,我们的主持人
Ah. Our host.
进来吧 -很抱歉我们迟到了,都是简的错
Come on in. – Sorry we’re late. It’s Jane’s fault.
看看你的态度 -看起来不错
Watch your attitude. – Smells good.
这样很好,安娜整个周末都在工作
It is good. Anne’s been working all weekend.
不知道我们为什么要对此持防御态度
I don’t know why we have to feel defensive about it.
报纸正在捞钱
Newspapers are in business to make money.
我们为什么不呢?
Why not us?
我的意思是,他们指责我们迎合…
I mean, they criticize us for supposedly pandering…
但是他们却去参加温戈游戏
while they run Wingo games.
完全正确
Exactly right.
抱歉,我得过去一下
Excuse me. I’m paid to mix.
再见,保尔
Good-bye, Paul.
保重,保尔
Take care, Paul.
像那样在总统面前说话 是需要一定勇气的
It takes a certain kind of courage to talk like that in front of the president of the news division.
你认为所有敬佩我们工作的人 都是无♥耻♥的拍马屁者
You think anyone who’s proud of the work we do is an ass-kisser.
不,我认为所有撅起他们的嘴唇…
No. I think anyone who puckers up their lips…
放在老板的屁♥股♥上并亲吻它的人 才是无♥耻♥的拍马屁者
and presses it against their boss’s buttocks and then smooches is an ass-kisser.
天啊
My gosh.
有一段时间,我还被你吸引了
For a while there, I was attracted to you.
等一下,一切都会改变的
Well, wait a minute. That changes everything.
由于钱款原因 他们不会续订我的杂♥志♥了
So they wouldn’t renew my magazine subscription because of money.
真不敢相信
I can’t believe it.
正在发生… -马丁,能给我们一分钟吗?
It’s happening all – – Martin, would you excuse us for a minute?
不行 -走开
No. – Ah, go away.
好吧,你知道,我一直想问你…
Well, you know, I’ve been meaning to ask you –
噢,算了
Ah, forget it.
这令人很尴尬
This is very awkward.
我看汤姆整天在你身边转
I see Tom around you a lot.
办公室这么小 我想在工作之外的时间看到他
And it’s such a small office, and I’d like to see him outside of work.
除非由于某种原因你会介意 那样的话我就无能为力了
Unless there’s some reason for you to mind, in which case I just won’t do anything.
哇哦,哇哦,我会介意吗? 我为什么要介意?不
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Do I mind? Why would I mind? No.
等一下
Wait.
我介意
I do mind.
我是说 我会在工作之外的时候想到他…
I mean, I think about him outside of work sometimes…
但我知道我并不尊重他
but I know I don’t respect him.
我在说什么?我在跟你说什么?
So what am I talking about? What am I saying to you?
你在说远离他
You’re saying stay away from him.
我不能 -我们不需要马上解决这个问题
I can’t be. – We don’t have to settle this definitively right now.
等一下,等一下
Wait a minute. Wait a minute!
想唱首歌♥吗? -太滑了
Wanna sing something? – Slippery.
我会打电♥话♥给你
I will call you.
我现在去另一个房♥间,然后打给你
I’ll go in the other room right now and call you.
我对这些事情做了一个研究
I’ve made a study of these things.
跟我说说有没有这么一个人 离开电视台到报社工作
Tell me one person who ever left television news to work on a newspaper.
你说的对
You’re right.
这看起来真的很不错
It sure looks good.
这么多年以后,我们有了一种生活…
After all these years, we have a life.
回见 -回见
See you. – Sure. See you.

Hey.
嗨,汤姆 -嗨
Hi, Tom. – Hi.

Hi.
我是第一次见你穿这样的衣服
It’s the first time I’ve seen you dressed like this.
你看起来这么干净,这么可爱
You look so clean and pretty.
什么意思?干净?
What do you mean? Clean?
好吧,在办公室,你总是穿成那样的
Well, at the office you always have this sort of film over you.
我得去找个人
I’ve got to find someone.
这很重要,抱歉
It’s important. Excuse me.
詹妮弗
Jennifer.
嗨,詹妮弗!
Hey. Jennifer!
忘掉我刚才说的 对于汤姆你想怎么做都可以
Forget what I said. You do whatever you want to with Tom.
现在我什么都不会做
There’s nothing I’m gonna do right this second.
来吧,你今天放假
Oh, come on. It’s your day off.
你有这个权利
You’re entitled.

Hi.
一架飞机袭击了我们在意大利的基地
A plane just shot up one of our bases in ltaly.
有多少人员伤亡? -应该会很…
Casualties? – Uh – This could be very, very –
就是这样!
That’s it!
好的,马上离开
Okay, right away.
厄尔妮?
Ernie?
汤姆?汤姆
Tom? Tom.
是的 -怎么了?
Yeah. What is it?
一架利比亚飞机刚刚袭击了 我们在西西里的基地
A Libyan plane just shot up one of our bases in Sicily.
这可是个大好时机 可以把这个消息来源据为己有
This might be a good time to tap that source of ours.
你应该会有一个观点提出来的,詹妮弗 我们需要你
You might have an angle or something. Jennifer, we need you.
我们希望你来做一次特殊的报导
Jane, we want you to exec produce a special report.
什么? -一架利比亚飞机刚刚袭击了 我们在西西里的基地
What? – A Libyan plane just shot up one of our bases in Sicily.
并且还在继续
It’s all still happening.
既然保尔在这儿,由他来做一个分配
Since Paul is here, he’s made out the assignments –
詹妮弗在白宫,乔治在五角大楼 马丁在台里
Uh, Jennifer at the White House. George at the Pentagon. Martin at State.
既然罗瑞什在船上 我们还需要一个主持人
And we’re gonna need an anchor, since Rorish is on his boat.
今天下午我们会从这儿 跟汤姆一块做整个报导
So we’re gonna do the whole report this afternoon from here with Tom.
什么?
What?
你… 你不打算用他? -这不是我选的
You’re – You’re not gonna use him at all? – It’s not my choice.
现在是1:35,我是汤姆
It’s 1:35, and it’s Tom.
你会在办公室找到我
Um, you can reach me at the office.
保尔,原谅我 很抱歉打扰你,但是…
Paul, forgive me. I’m really sorry. Pardon me for interrupting, but –
保尔,是的 我需要和你去外面谈一谈
Paul, uh, yes, I need to talk to you outside for just a minute.
好极了
Great.
汤姆还没准备好做这份工作 他还需要你的训练,他还没准备好
Tom’s not ready for the job you’re about to hand him. Not near ready.
他还没准备好做这么长的拍摄
Not by the longest shot.
现在,亚伦在特里波利待了六周 又采访过卡达菲
Now, Aaron spent six weeks in Tripoli. He’s interviewed Qaddafi.
他报导了81年的事件
He reported on the ’81 story.
我想他是做这个工作必不可少的人才
I think he’s essential to do the job we’re capable of.
我认为把实情告诉你是我的义务
And I think it’s my responsibility to tell you that.
好吧,这只是你的观点 我可不同意
Okay, that’s your opinion. I don’t agree.
这不是观点
It’s not opinion.
你说的完全正确…
You’re just absolutely right…
而我完全错了
and I’m absolutely wrong.
总是相信你比别人了解的更多
It must be nice to always believe you know better…
认为你是这个房♥子里最聪明的人 这感觉一定很好吧
to always think you’re the smartest person in the room.
不是这样的,真是太可怕了
No, it’s awful.
你最好离开
You better get going.
嘿,艾德!
Hey, Ed!
你会来吗?
Would you come on?
紧张吗? -很激动
Nervous? – Excited.
告诉乔治和詹妮弗尽量报导全面
Tell George and Jennifer to try and cover everything…
告诉乔治和詹妮弗尽量报导全面
Tell George and Jennifer to try and cover everything…