走错地方
You know, went a bit wrong.
其实我没迷路 我在窥探
Actually, I didn’t get lost. I was snooping.
医院对我有种吸引力
Hospitals fascinate me.
你说真的吗
Are you being serious?
对 探访医院让我感到兴奋
Yes. When I visit hospitals, I get excited.
我觉得自己可以有所贡献
I feel like I can make a contribution.
也许我能带你参观
Perhaps I can show you around.
那太好了
I would adore that.
我不知道怎么跟你联络
I don’t know how to contact you.
我跟多数人一样 有一支手♥机♥
Well, I’m like most people. I’ve got a mobile.
其实不一样 我有四支
Actually, I’m not like most people. I have 4.
给我一个号♥码就行了
One number would do.
11点 觐见坎特伯里大主教
And 11.00 an audience with His Grace, The Archbishop of Canterbury.
-13点 -保罗
-13.00… -Paul!
与克莱詹姆斯共进午餐
Lunch with Clyde James.
15点 在肯辛顿宫 听取布罗德摩医院的医师
15.00 briefing here at KP with doctors from Broadmol.
做病患治疗简报
On patient therapy.
谢谢你 保罗
Thank you, Paul.
最后一件事 夫人
And one last thing, ma’am.
传言你接受BBC专访
There’s been a rumor, you’ve done an interview with BBC.
对 别担心
Yes, don’t worry about that, Patrick.
不会有事的
Everything will be alright.
这是威尔逊爵士病房♥区 有十间自费病房♥
This is the Reginald Wilson Ward, retains private rooms.
健保区在这边
The NHS is on this side.
健保与自费各占一半
Basically we’re about 50/50.
令尊也是医生吗
Is your father a doctor?
不是 他经营家族事业
No, he runs the family business.
制♥作♥玻璃瓶
He plants bottles.
不过有个叔叔是心脏外科医师
But I do have an uncle who’s a heart surgeon.
所以你继承他的衣钵
So you followed him.
我没继承谁
I follow no one.
但我承认
But yes, I admit.
叔叔帮忙厘清我的志向
My uncle did help to set me on my path.
家人有时很有帮助
Family can be useful.
有时也很恼人
And bloody irritating.
也许这方面我比你幸运
Perhaps I’ve been luckier with my family than you have.
不知道
I don’t know.
我有两个家庭
I’ve got two families.
很幸运吧
How lucky is that?
这设备相当先进
This is pretty much state of the art.
心脏手术要多久时间
How long a heart operation go on?
有时候八 九个小时
Sometimes 8 to 9 hours.
天啊 你怎么撑下去
God, how do you keep going?
你会进入没有时间的状态
You reach a place inside youself where time has no meaning.
不是你在动手术
You don’t perform the operation…
是手术带着你
The operation performs you.
我很想体会那种感受
I’d love to feel that.
等手术结束时
And when it’s over…
现实会有点走样
Reality is a bit flat.
感觉非常累
And you’re very tired.
想必是
I bet.
这是待命休息室
This is the on-call accommodation.
你就睡这里
You just crash here?
你都吃什么
What do you eat?
一楼有餐厅 但太晚没开
There’s a canteen on the ground floor, but it’s not open late.
随时可以到街角跟我一起吃
You can always pop around the corner for supper with me.
我说真的
I’m serious.
王宫开放得很晚
The palace, we stay open very late.
苏妮亚 你确定这个对吗
Sonya, are you sure this is the right stuff?
他是心脏外科医生吧
He’s a heart surgeon, right?
饮食应该很健康
He’d be a healthy eater.
我买♥♥了贝壳面
I’ve got this.
不是很难煮吗
Aren’t they harder to cook?
不会 煮熟沥干 八分钟
You boil and drain, 8 minutes.
其他的我会做好 你把它放进微波炉就好
I’ll do everything else, you just stuff it in the microwave.
你确定他未婚吗
Are you sure he’s not married or something?
对 我查过了
No, I’ve checked him out.
你喜欢这男人哪一点
So what is it that you like about this man?
他不把我当成王妃看待
He doesn’t treat me like a princess.
彷佛他不知道我的身份
It’s almost as if he doesn’t know who I am.
或许真不知道
Maybe he doesn’t.
他可能消息不灵通
He might be very badly informed.
需要帮忙吗 先生
Can we be of an assistance, sir?
-干杯 -干杯
-Cheers. -Cheers.
你明天要上班吗
Are you working tomorrow?
不用去医院
Not at the hospital.
我周一早上要交一篇文章 是我论文的一部份
I’m writing a paper from Monday morning, it’s part of my thesis.
我得在家里待到午夜
I have to be home by midnight.
工作压力这么大
How do you relax?
你怎么放松
Doing such a stressful job?
听爵士乐
I listen to jazz.
我不太喜欢爵士
I’m not sure I like jazz.
你应该去朗尼史考特俱乐部
You should go to Ronny Scott’s.
你也知道 我不能随便乱跑
I can’t just go places, you know.
那跟听唱片不一样
It’s not the same listening to records.
爵士着重现场气氛
Jazz is in the moment.
你得在现场听 它是即兴创作 就像人生
You have to be there, it’s improvise. Just like life.
我的人生完全受控制
My life is completely regimented.
你是说别人指使你去哪里 跟谁握手
You mean you’re told where to go and who to shake hands with?
没错
Exactly.
但你能在那个架构下即兴创作
But within that framework, you improvise.
看着对方 想想如何开始交谈
You look at someone for a clue as how to start a conversation.
然后自♥由♥发挥
And you let it flow from there.
你随时都能即兴创作
You improvise all the time.
只要能即兴创作
And if you can improvise…
就会喜欢爵士
You like jazz.
我去看一下晚餐
I’ve got to check on the supper.
-好火♥辣♥ -什么
-Pretty hot stuff, eh? -What?
厨房♥里的你
You in the kitchen.
对 很辣
Yes, hot stuff.
可以这么说
You can say that.
真火♥辣♥
Hot stuff…
所以心不会真的碎掉
So hearts can’t actually be broken?
心脏可能严重休克 无法复原
A heart can receive a shock so violence it never recovers.
对 但它们会碎掉吗
Yes, but can they actually break?
我同事或许不赞同
My colleagues might disagree…
但我相信玛丽亚卡拉丝是心碎而死
But I believe for instance that Maria Carlos died of a broken heart.
你不喜欢我做的菜
You don’t like my food.

No.
很好吃
No, it’s lovely.
你简直是米其林大厨
You’re obviously very good.
少来
Come on.
你究竟喜欢吃什么
What kind of food do you really like?
你能做汉堡给我吃吗
You couldn’t make me a hamburger, could you?
汉堡应该 没办法自己做吧
I’m not sure you can actually make hamburgers.
天啊
Oh dear.
我可以派人去买♥♥
I could send out for one.
很好吃
Very good.
看得出来
Yes, I can see.
可以吗
Do you mind?
没问题
No.
你一定跟病人讲过这件事
I bet you give your patients lectures about that.
-讲什么 -抽烟
-About what? -Smoking.
那当然
Of course.
你自己却不听话
But you don’t lecture yourself.
我不是病人 我是医生
I’m not the patient, I’m the doctor.
你还是得照顾自己身体
You still have to look after yourself.
今晚你为了速食 拒绝健康晚餐
Tonight you turned down a healthy supper for fast food.
暍了不少酒 现在又抽烟
You’ve drunk a fair amount of wine and now you’re smoking.
还有酒吗
Is there anymore wine?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!