He wished us to supply him with other bodies,
而我们不能详细说明是从哪里
and we were not to be too particular
以及怎样获得它们的
as to where and how we got them.
我告诉他他的要求是不合理的
I told him that his demands were unreasonable,
于是他离开了大学,不受阻碍地工作
and so he left the university to work unhampered.
他在别的地方找到了他需要的东西
He found what he needed elsewhere.
哦,动物的尸体
Oh. The bodies of animals.
哦,一些兔子和狗有什么关系呢?
Well, what are the lives of a few rabbits and dogs?
你还没有了解我的意思
You do not quite get what I mean.
弗兰肯斯坦先生只对人类的生命有兴趣
Herr Frankenstein was interested only in human life.
首先消灭它,然后再重新创造它
First to destroy it, then re-create it.
那样你就能了解他的疯狂的梦想了
There you have his mad dream.
我们能去找他吗?
Can we go to him?
你们不会受到欢迎的
You will not be very welcome.
那有什么关系?我必须见到他
What does that matter? I must see him.
沃德曼博士,你能和亨利说上话
Dr Waldman, you have influence with Henry.
你不和我们一起来吗?
Won’t you come with us?
对不起,但是弗兰肯斯坦先生
I’m sorry, but Herr Frankenstein
不再是我的学生了
is no longer my pupil.
但他尊敬你,你不来帮助我们吗?
But he respects you. Won’t you help us to take him away?
很好,富兰克林,我警告过你了
Very well, Franklein. I’ve warned you.
但如果你想去,我会去
But if you wish it, I will go.
弗里兹 – 喂
Fritz! – Hello.
你完成那些连接了吗? – 是的,做完了
Have you finished those connections? – Yes, they’re done.
好,下来,帮个忙,我们有许多事要做
Well, come down, then, and help. We’ve lots to do.
小心
Look out!
笨蛋
Fool!
如果这风暴象我预期的那样发展
If this storm develops as I hope,
今天晚上就有的瞧了
you will have plenty to be afraid of before the night’s over.
赶快,修好电极
Go on, fix the electrodes.
这风暴会越来越壮观的
This storm will be magnificent.
天空电学的所有秘密
All the electrical secrets of heaven.
这次我们准备好了,弗里兹准备好了
And this time we’re ready. Hey, Fritz? Ready.

Oh!
怎么?出什么事了? – 看
Why, what’s the matter? – Look.
没什么可害怕的,看
There’s nothing to fear. Look.
没有流血,没有腐烂
No blood, no decay.
只有一些缝合
Just a few stitches.
看看,最后一下
And look. Here’s the final touch.
你偷来的大脑?弗里兹 – 是的
The brain you stole, Fritz. – Yes.
想想看一个死人的大脑
Think of it-the brain of a dead man
在一个我亲手制♥造♥的身体里等待复活
waiting to live again in a body I made with my own hands.
我亲手制♥造♥的
With my own hands.
我们来做最后一次实验,合上开关
Let’s have one final test. Throw the switches.

Good.
十五分钟后,风暴就会到达最强
In 15 minutes, the storm should be at its height.
然后我们就一切就绪了
Then we’ll be ready.
怎么回事
What’s that?
有人来了 – 嘘,安静
There’s someone there. – Shh! Quiet.
把他们赶走,谁也不能来这里
Send them away! Nobody must come here.
给你,盖住
Here. Cover this.
不管是谁,别让他们进来
Whoever it is, don’t let them in.
交给我吧
Leave them to me.
无论何时也别让,任何人进来
Of all the times for anybody to come! Now!
我来撵走他们,在晚上的这个时间来捣乱
I’ll show them, messing about at this time of night.
太多事情要做了
Got too much to do.
等一下,好吧,好吧
Wait a minute! All right, all right!
等一下,我来了
Wait a minute, I’m coming.
是沃德曼博士,弗里兹
It’s Dr Waldman, Fritz.
你不能见他,走吧
You can’t see him. Go away.
好吧,敲吧,你们进不来
All right, knock! You won’t get in.
亨利 – 弗兰肯斯坦
Henry! – Frankenstein!
亨利 – 弗兰肯斯坦
Henry! – Frankenstein!
亨利
Henry!
开门 – 让我们进去
Open the door! – Let us in!
是谁?想要什么?你们快走吧
Who is it? What do you want? You must leave me alone now.
我是伊丽莎白,开门
It’s Elizabeth! Open the door!
亨利 – 弗兰肯斯坦
Henry! – Frankenstein!
你想要什么? – 开门
What do you want? – Open the door!
你们走吧
You must leave me alone.
至少让我们避避雨
At least give us shelter.
你锁着门是什么意思? – 亨利
What’s this nonsense of locked doors? – Henry!
伊丽莎白,拜托,离开好吗?
Elizabeth, please, won’t you go away?
你就今天晚上信任我一下不行吗?
Won’t you trust me just for tonight?
你生病了,发生什么事情了?
You’re ill. What’s the matter?
没事,我很好,真的
Nothing. I’m quite all right. Truly I am.
你看不出来我不能被打扰吗?
Can’t you see I mustn’t be disturbed?
你会把所有事情都毁掉的
You’ll ruin everything.
我的实验马上就要完成了
My experiment is almost completed.
等一下,我明白
Wait a moment. I understand.
我相信你,但我今晚不能离开你
I believe in you. But I cannot leave you tonight.
你必须离开
You’ve got to leave!
亨利,你太野蛮了,你疯了
Henry, you’re inhuman. You’re crazy!
我疯了?是吗?
Crazy, am I?
我们来看看我是不是疯了
We’ll see whether I’m crazy or not.
来上面吧
Come on up.
你们确定要进来吗?
You’re quite sure you want to come in?
很好
Very well.
请原谅,但是我得采取超常的防范措施
Forgive me, but I’m forced to take unusual precautions.
请坐
Sit down, please.
坐下
Sit down!
你也是,伊丽莎白,请坐
You too, Elizabeth. Please.
几分钟前,你说我疯了
A moment ago, you said I was crazy.
明天,我们来看看是不是那样
Tomorrow, we’ll see about that.
别碰那个
Don’t touch that!
对不起,博士,别动这个
I’m sorry, Doctor, but I insist.
请坐
Please.
沃德曼博士,在大学里
Doctor Waldman, I learnt a great deal
从你那儿我学了不少东西
from you at the university
关于紫色光,紫外线
about the violet ray, the ultraviolet ray,
你说那是光谱里频率最高的颜色
which you said was the highest colour in the spectrum.
你错了
You were wrong.
这里,在这台机器里,我发现了更多
Here, in this machinery, I have gone beyond that.
我发现了能带来生命的光
I have discovered the great ray that first brought life into the world.
哦,你的证据呢?
Oh. And your proof?
今晚你就能看到证据
Tonight you shall have your proof.
最早我拿死动物做实验
At first I experimented only with dead animals,
然后用一个人类的心脏
and then a human heart,
我让它跳动了三个星期
which I kept beating for three weeks.
但现在我要把光照射到那个身体上
But now I’m going to turn that ray on that body,
把生命赐给它
and endow it with life.
那么你真的相信你可以给死人带来生命
And you really believe that you can bring life to the dead?
那身体不是死的
That body is not dead.
它从来也没有活过
It has never lived.
是我创造了它,我用我的双手创造了它
I created it. I made it with my own hands
利用的是那些我从坟墓里
from the bodies I took from graves,
绞刑架上和任何地方弄来的尸体
from the gallows, anywhere.
去自己看看吧
Go and see for yourself.
你也是
You too.
死的对吧
Dead, hey?
非常好的一幕,不是吗?
Quite a good scene, isn’t it?
一个疯了的人
One man crazy,
三个非常理智的观众
three very sane spectators.
是的
Yes!
测试电池
Test the batteries.
看,它动了
Look. It’s moving.
它活了,它活了
It’s alive. It’s alive!
它活了,它动了,它活了
It’s alive. It’s moving. It’s alive!
它活了,它活了,它活了
It’s alive! It’s alive! It’s alive!
它活了 – 亨利,看在上帝份上
It’s alive! – Henry, in the name of God!
看在上帝份上,我感觉它就像上帝