一位哲人曾经问
A philosopher once asked,
我们之所以是人类 是因为我们可以仰望星空
Are we human because we gaze at the stars,
还是 因为我们是人类 所以才仰望星空呢?
or do we gaze at them because we are human?
毫无意义 真的
Pointless,really.
星星们也会注视着我们么?
Do the stars gaze back?
现在 这便成了个问题
Now,that’s a question.
但我好像说得早了点
But I’m getting ahead of myself.
我们的故事真正从这里开始
Our story really begins here,
150年前的英国伦敦皇家科学院
150 years ago at the Royal Academy of Science in London,England,
收到了一封信 信中问了个奇怪的问题
where a letter arrived,containing a very strange inquiry.
问问题的是一个来自乡下的男孩
It had come from a country boy
读信的那位学者觉得
and the scientist who read it thought
这可能是男孩小小的恶作剧
it might be a practical joke of some kind.
但是他还是写了回信
But he duly wrote a reply
礼貌的表明 那个问题是毫无意义的
politely explaining that the query was nonsense.
信被送到男孩那里 一个叫石墙的村子
And posted it to the boy who lived in a village called Wall,
男孩说 之所以叫石墙村 是因为在村子旁边有一堵墙
so named,the boy had said,for the wall that ran alongside it.
当地流传着一个传说 这堵墙隐藏着一个特别的秘密
A wall that,according to local folklore,hid an extraordinary secret.
我的责任就是守卫这个 通向另一个世界的入口
I’m charged with guarding the portal to another world.
而你 居然要我允许你从这通过?
And you’re asking me to just let you through?
是啊 说实话 那只是个旷野
Yes. Because,let’s be honest,it’s a field.
看 你有看见另一个世界么?
Look,do you see another world out there?
没 你看到的是旷野 你有看到任何非人类的东西么?
No. You see a field. Do you see anything nonhuman?
也没 知道原因么? 因为那只是个旷野!
No. And you know why? Because it’s a field!
几百年来 这墙就一直在这
Hundreds of years,this wall’s been here.
几百年来 这条沟壑24小时有人看守
Hundreds of years,this gap’s been under 24-hour guard.
-好吧… -再敢多说一句
-Well… -One more word,
我就把你送到乡村委员会去
and I’ll have you up in front of the village council!
-哦 看来我们没啥好商量了 -是的
-Well,that sounds rather final. -Yeah.
-我想我最好还是回家去吧 -这就对了 晚安
-Better just go home,then,I suppose. -Right,then. Night,Dunstan.
向你♥爸♥爸问好
Give my best to your father.
站住!
Stop!
站住!
Stop!
我可不喜欢和磨蹭的人做生意
I don’t deal with time-wasters.
滚过来看好摊子
Get over here and tend this stall.
我要去酒吧喝一杯
I’m off to The Slaughtered Prince for a pint.
看到喜欢的东西了么?
See anything you like?
当然
Definitely.
我是说 我喜欢这些蓝色的
I mean,what I meant was these ones,the blue ones.
多少钱?
How much are they?
拿你头发的颜色换
They might be the color of your hair.
或是 你三岁前的全部记忆
Or they might be all of your memories before you were three.
如果你喜欢 那就结♥帐♥吧
I can check if you like.
总之 你不该买♥♥野风信子 买♥♥这个吧
Anyway,you shouldn’t buy the bluebells. Buy this one instead.
雪莲花
Snowdrop.
它能给你带来幸运
It’ll bring you luck.
那这个要怎么买♥♥?
But what does that cost?
一个吻
This one costs a kiss.
她走了么?
Is she gone?
跟我来
Follow me.
我是个公主 但被施魔法成了女巫的奴隶
I’m a princess,tricked into being a witch’s slave.
你会救我么?
Will you liberate me?
这是条施了魔法的链子 只有她死了我才能自♥由♥
It’s an enchanted chain. I’ll only be free when she dies.
对不起
Sorry.
如果我救不了你 你想我怎么做?
Well,if I can’t liberate you,what do you want of me?
所以 这位学者错了
So,the scientist was wrong.
这堵墙成功的完成了它的使命
The wall had successfully done its job
保卫着魔法风暴要塞王国不被发现的使命
of hiding the magical kingdom of Stormhold.
那晚年轻人回到了在英国的家
The young man returned that night to his home in England,
希望这次冒险会很快被遗忘
hoping that his adventure would soon be forgotten.
但九个月后 他收到了一份意外的纪念品
But nine months later,he received an unexpected souvenir.
这是给你的 被留在墙边 上面说他的名字叫崔斯坦
This was left at the wall for you. It says here his name is Tristan.
片名: 星尘
崔斯坦? 别忘了带上花
Tristan? Don’t forget the flowers.
是的 我带着呢 谢谢 爸爸
Yes. I’ve got them. Thank you,Father.
十♥八♥年♥过去了 小崔斯坦长大了
Eighteen years passed,and the baby Tristan grew up
对自己非比寻常的身世一无所知
knowing nothing of his unconventional heritage.
不过这个故事不是讲 崔斯坦如何由婴儿长成男孩
But never mind how the infant became a boy.
而是讲 崔斯坦是怎样变成一个男人的
This is the story of how Tristan Thorn becomes a man,
这可要经历更大的挑战
a much greater challenge altogether.
为了达到这个目标
For to achieve it,
他必须赢得真爱的芳心
he must win the heart of his one true love.
-是他! -是他!
-It’s him! -It’s him!
汉弗莱?
Humphrey?
-不 我是崔斯坦 -哦
-No,it’s Tristan. -Oh.
我落什么东西在商店里了么?
Did I leave something at the shop?
没 我只是想 我能带这个…
No. I just thought I could bring…
崔斯坦·索朗
Tristan Thorn,
白天在商店打杂 晚上跑来偷看女人
shop boy by day,peeping Tom by night.
你到底有完没完了?
Is there no end to your charms?
汉弗莱 没必要那样
Humphrey,there’s no need to be like that.
对这个穷小子好一点
Be nice to the poor boy.
这些是给维多利亚的么?
Were those for Victoria?
崔斯坦 在学校你的剑术就很烂
You were always useless at fencing in school,Tristan.
事实上 我都想不出有啥是你擅长的
In fact,I’m having trouble remembering if there was anything you were good at.
汉弗莱 够了
Humphrey,that’s enough.
你还好么?
Are you all right?
是 是的 我很好
Yeah. Yeah,fine.
-来点早餐? -不了 我要迟到了
-Want some breakfast? -No,I’m really late for work.
-昨晚还好么? -恩 很好 怎么了?
-Are you all right? -Yeah. Fine. Why?
随便问问 昨晚发展的怎么样?
Oh,I don’t know. Last night,how’d it go?
哦 真的很好 真的 真的很好
Oh,really good. Really,really good.
你好 崔斯坦
Hello,Tristan.
-维多利亚 -一斤糖 谢谢
-Victoria. -Pound of sugar,please.
-好的 -还要一袋面粉 一打鸡蛋
-Yes. -Let’s see,a bag of flour,a dozen eggs.
昨晚真是不好意思 汉弗莱太粗鲁了
Oh,look,I’m sorry about last night. Humphrey was really rude.
我还要一大袋土豆和一些巧克力 谢谢
I also need a sack of potatoes and some chocolate,please.
我今晚可以去看你么?
May I perhaps see you tonight?
不行 但是你可以送我回家
No,but you may walk me home.
现在?
Now?
好的 好的 我送
Yes. Yes,I can.
爸爸 我被炒鱿鱼了
Father,I lost my job.
爸爸 我没有…我被炒鱿鱼了 对不起
Father,I don’t… I lost my job. I’m sorry.
-爸爸 -你被炒鱿鱼了
-Father… -You lost your job.
是的 我听说了
Yes,so I heard.
爸爸 对不起 我…
Father,I’m sorry. I…
也许曼德先生说的对 我是在自欺欺人
Maybe Mr. Monday was right. Maybe I am deluding myself.
我配不上维多利亚
I’m not good enough for Victoria.
他是这么说的? 真是一派胡言
He said that? That’s poppycock.
你真想知道昨晚的情况?
You really want to know how it went last night?
是的
Yeah.
很不好
Not good.
算了 我在浪费时间
Come on. I’m wasting my time.
我不像汉弗莱
I’m not like Humphrey.
崔斯坦 在我还是个孩子的时候 我崇拜的每个人
Tristan,I can tell you that every man I ever envied when I was a boy
他们现在的生活都很平常
has led an unremarkable life.
所以你现在不太招人喜欢 我觉得是个好兆头
So you don’t fit with the popular crowd. Now,I take that as a very good omen.
-崔斯坦 我说得很清楚了… -我知道 你叫我别来
-Tristan,I clearly said… -I know. You told me not to come.
我有些东西给你 一个惊喜
I have something for you. A surprise.
不…
No…
你知道我还有一个星期才过生日呢
It’s not my birthday for another week,you know.
-我以前从没喝过香槟 -是啊 我也没喝过
-I’ve never had champagne before. -Yeah,me,neither.
天啊! 真好喝!
My God! This is delicious!
你怎么…一个小店打工仔怎么买♥♥得起这个?
How did… Well,how does a shop boy afford all of this?
我不是小店打工仔
I’m not a shop boy.
天! 我听说了 对不起 你现在有什么打算?
God! I heard. I’m sorry. What are you going to do now?
不 我是说我不是小店打工仔 我只是在店里工作
No. I mean,I’m not a shop boy. I was just working in a shop.
而现在我自♥由♥了 我可以过自己想要的生活
And now I’m not. Now I’m free to live my life as I wish.
这一定花掉了你全部积蓄
This must have been all your savings.
怎么样? 我可以做得更好 真是太美了
So? I can make more. That’s the beauty of it.
我从没打算固守一隅 维多利亚

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!