大家好
How do you do?
卡尔·莱默尔(1867-1939):环球影业创始人
卡尔·莱默尔先生觉得在播放此电影前
Mr Carl Laemmle feels it would be a little unkind
没有一些提示会有一些不妥
to present this picture without just a word of friendly warning.
我们将要讲述的故事是
We are about to unfold
一个名叫弗兰肯斯坦的
the story of Frankenstein.
科学怪人
A man of science,
他寻求创造一个依照他自己形象设计的人
who sought to create a man after his own image,
而完全不依赖上帝
without reckoning upon God.
这是有史以来最奇特的故事之一
It is one of the strangest tales ever told.
它与生命的两大奥秘有关
It deals with the two great mysteries of creation:
生与死
life and death.
我想它会使你们发抖
I think it will thrill you.
使你们震惊
It may shock you.
甚至吓到你们
It might even horrify you.
所以如果你们中的任何人觉得
So if any of you feel that
你不在乎使你们的神经处于紧张之中
you do not care to subject your nerves to such a strain,
那么现在机会来了
now is your chance to, er…
好吧,我们已经警告过你们了
Well, we’ve warned you.
赐他们安息,以永恒的光亮照耀他们
dona eis, Domine: et lux perpetua luceat eis.
阿门
Amen.
下来,下来,笨蛋
Down. Down, you fool!
现在
Now!
来吧
Come on!
快,快
Hurry, hurry.
月亮升起来了,我们没有时间可浪费
The moon’s rising. We’ve no time to lose.
小心
Careful!
他来了
Here he comes!
他正在休息,等待新生命降临
He’s just resting. Waiting for a new life to come.
停在这
Here we are.
看,它还在这里
Look, it’s still here.
爬上去切断绳子
Climb up and cut the rope.
不 – 赶快,它伤害不了你
No! – Go on. It can’t hurt you.
给你一把刀子
Here’s a knife.
小心
Look out!
给你刀子
Here’s the knife.
我下来了
Here I come.
它还好吗?
Is it all right?
脖子断了,大脑没用了
The neck’s broken. The brain is useless!
我们必须找到另外一个大脑
We must find another brain.
就是那样,先生们
That’ll do, gentlemen.
女士们,先生们,结论是…
And in conclusion, ladies and gentlemen,
在这里,我们拥有大学里曾经引起我注意的
here we have one of the most perfect specimens of the human brain
最完美的人类大脑标本之一
ever to come to my attention at the university.
而这里是一个典型罪犯的异常大脑
And here, the abnormal brain of the typical criminal.
观察一下,女士们,先生们
Observe, ladies and gentlemen,
和正常大脑比起来
the scarcity of convolutions on the frontal lobe
前突部分缺乏沟回
as compared to that of the normal brain,
而中前突有明显恶化
and the distinct degeneration of the middle frontal lobe.
把所有这些退化的特征
All of these degenerate characteristics
和我们面前的这个死人的历史
check amazingly with the history of the dead man
令人惊讶地对照一下
before us,
他的生命充满了凶残、暴♥力♥与谋杀
whose life was one of brutality, of violence and murder.
这些瓶子留在这里,供你们进一步观察
These jars will remain here for your further inspection.
谢谢!先生们,下课
Thank you, gentlemen. The class is dismissed.
维克多·莫里斯先生
Herr Victor Moritz.
维克多
Victor.
我很高兴你来
I’m so glad you’ve come.
怎么了?伊丽莎白
What is it, Elizabeth?
哦,你听亨利说了
Oh, you’ve heard from Henry.
是的,四个月了,第一封信
Yes. The first word in four months.
今天到的
It just came.
维克多,你必须帮帮我
Victor, you must help me.
我当然会帮你
Of course I’ll help you.
我害怕
I’m afraid.
我反复读这个,但是我无法理解这些话
I’ve read this over and over again, but they’re just words that I can’t understand.
听着
Listen.
“你必须相信我,伊丽莎白,等等”
“You must have faith in me, Elizabeth. Wait.”
“我的工作必须首先完成”
“My work must come first,
“甚至在和你相会之前”
even before you.”
“晚上,风在山谷间呼啸”
“At night, the winds howl in the mountains.”
“这里没有任何人”
“There is no one here.”
“窥视的眼睛不能刺探我的秘密”
“Prying eyes can’t peer into my secret.”
他是什么意思呢? – 他后面说了什么?
What can he mean? – What does he say then?
“我住在靠近高兹坦镇的…”
“I am living in an abandoned watchtower
“一栋废弃的瞭望塔里”
close to the town of Goldstadt.”
“只有我的助手在这里帮我做实验”
“Only my assistant is here to help me with my experiments.”
哦,他的实验
Oh. His experiments.
是的,那些实验使我害怕
Yes, that’s what frightens me.
我们宣布订婚那天,他告诉了我他的那些实验
The day we announced our engagement, he told me of his experiments.
他说他马上就要有一个伟大的发现
He said he was close to a discovery
他甚至怀疑自己心智是否健全
so terrific that he doubted his own sanity.
他的眼睛里闪着奇怪的光芒,神秘的光芒
There was a strange look in his eyes. Some mystery.
他的话立刻打动了我
His words carried me right away.
当然,我从没有怀疑过他
Of course, I’ve never doubted him.
但我仍然担心,我无法控制地担心
But still, I worry. I can’t help it.
而现在来了这封信,所有这些不确定的东西…
And now this letter. All this uncertainty
不能再继续下去了,我必须知道
can’t go on. I must know.
维克多,你见过他吗?
Victor, have you seen him?
是的,大约三星期前
Yes. About three weeks ago.
我在树林里遇到他在独自散步
I met him walking alone in the woods.
他也向我说了他的工作
He spoke to me of his work, too.
我问他我是否可以参观他的实验室
I asked him if I might visit his laboratory.
他瞪着我说,他不让任何人接近那里
He just glared at me and said he would let no one go there.
他的行为很奇怪
His manner was very strange.
哦,我们能做什么?
Oh, what can we do?
也许他病了 – 现在别担心
If he should be ill! – Now, don’t worry.
我要去找沃德曼博士
I’ll go to Dr Waldman,
亨利在医学院的老教授
Henry’s old professor in medical school.
也许他能告诉我更多东西
Perhaps he can tell me more about all this.
维克多,你太好了
Victor, you’re a dear.
我愿意为你做一切
You know I’d go to the ends of the earth for you.
我不应该说这些,我太过分了
I shouldn’t like that. I’m far too fond of you.
我希望这么说
I wish you were.
维克多 – 对不起
Victor. – I’m sorry.
晚安!维克多,谢谢
Good night, Victor. And thank you. Thank you.
晚安!别担心了,你保证
Good night. And don’t worry. Promise?
我不担心
I won’t.
维克多 – 什么?
Victor! – What is it?
我跟你一起去 – 不行
I’m coming with you. – You can’t!
我必须去,等我一分钟
I must. I’ll be ready in a minute.
弗兰肯斯坦先生是最聪明的年轻人
Herr Frankenstein is a most brilliant young man,
虽然非常奇怪
yet so erratic.
他老给我惹麻烦
He troubles me.
我很担心亨利,他为什么离开大学?
I’m worried about Henry. Why has he left the university?
他干得很好,而且他似乎也很喜欢他的工作
He was doing so well and he seemed so happy with his work.
你知道,他在化学电疗法…
You know, his researches in the field of
和生物电学方面的研究
chemical galvanism and electrobiology
已经远远走在了我们大学理论的前面
were far in advance of our theories here at the university.
事实上,这些研究已经到达了…
In fact, they had reached
一个非常超前的阶段
a most advanced stage.
甚至变得非常危险
They were becoming dangerous.
弗兰肯斯坦先生发生了非常大的改变
Herr Frankenstein is greatly changed.
你是说由于他的工作而发生了改变
You mean changed as a result of his work?
是的,他的工作
Yes. His work.
他有想创造生命的疯狂的野心
His insane ambition to create life.
怎么能呢
How? How?
请把一切都告诉我们,所有的一切
Please tell us everything, whatever it is.
现在用于解剖研究的尸体
The bodies we use now, dissecting them for lecture purposes,
他认为不够好
were not perfect enough for his experiments, he said.
他希望我们能给他提供其他的尸体

1
2
3
4
5
6
评分细分
音乐
7.3
画面
7.9
导演
7.9
故事
7.7
表演
7.7
前一篇文章流浪狗(2023)
下一篇文章毒从口入:食物的丑陋真相(2023)
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。
frankenstein-3大家好 How do you do? 卡尔·莱默尔(1867-1939):环球影业创始...