妈妈!
Mummy!
妈妈!
Mummy!
把它挂好
Hang it right, man, hang it right.
你去哪儿了?
Where have you been?
看你出去玩时 我有多少事要做
Look what I’ve got before me while you’re out at your leisure.
老实说你干什么去了!
You tell me directly what you’ve been doing!
-怎么了? -还不说?!
– What’s going on? – Well?!
不然就算有五十个你 就算有五百个他拦着 我也会把你拉扔出去
Or I’ll have you out if you was 50 Pips, and he was 500 Gargerys.
我…我去听圣诞福音了
I…I’ve been down to hear the carols.
圣诞福音是吗?
Carols, is it?
要不是嫁了个铁匠 整天忙个不停 我也去听圣诞福音了
Perhaps if I weren’t a slave with her apron never off I should hear the carols.
我忙得天昏地暗 把你拉扯大 我图什么啊?
But too busy I am bringing you up by hand. Why do I do it?
-我不知道 姐姐 -我不知道
– I don’t know, sister. – I don’t.
看我身兼母职得到什么了?
And where’s it brought me, being your mother?
这栋房♥子、这条围裙和他这个包袱 仅此而已!
This house, this apron and him, that’s all!
希望你唱得开心
I hope you sang your heart out, old chap.
报福音什么的
Glad tidings, and all that.
我说的是实话 乔
I gave it out, Joe.
我饿了 小子
I’m ‘ungry, boy.
我饿了
I’m ‘ungry.
求你放开我!
Please, sir! Please, sir!
脸蛋倒是又肥又嫩的
Nice fat cheeks, though,
我有点想吃
I’ve half a mind to eat them, eh?
-小子 你叫什么名字 -皮普…
– Give us your name, boy. – Pip…
什么?快说!
What? Come on, give it mouth!
皮普 皮普 先生
Pip. Pip, sir.
皮普!皮普!
Pip! Pip!
小子
Well, boy?
-瓶子里装的是什么? -白兰地
– What’s in the bottle? – Brandy, sir.
我还得活命呢 你不会说出去吧?
I need to be let to live. You’ll not talk?
-我没有带人来 先生 -没人跟你来?
– I brought no one with me, sir. – Nor no one followed?
没有!先生
No! Oh, no, sir.
-叫皮普是吧? -是的 先生
– Pip, is it? – Yes, sir.
我被他们追的快死了
I’m hunted near to death, Pip.
还会死的很不光彩
Death and dunghill.
-你吃得高兴我就放心了 -你说什么?
– I’m glad you enjoy it. – Did you speak?
我说 你吃得高兴我就放心了
I said I was glad you enjoyed it.
这样…
Well…
谢啦 小子
Thank you, m’boy.
我吃得很高兴
I do.
-我知道他们在这儿 -昨晚就开始鸣炮了
– I know they’re out here. – Since last night.
你没听到吗?
Didn’t you hear it then?
卡宾森一定逃出来了
Compeyson must be out.
-你说什么? -卡宾森逃出来了
– ‘Scuse me, sir? – Compeyson’s out.
我不逮到他绝不罢手
I’ll hunt him down like a bloodhound.
这该死的脚镣 把锉刀给我 小子
Curse this bloody iron on me leg. Hand me that file, boy.
圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas.
因此愿主让我们衷心感激
And for which, may the Lord, may He make us truly, truly grateful.
阿门
Amen.
听到没有 要懂得感恩
D’you hear that? You be grateful.
孩子 尤其要感激把你抚养成人的人
Especially, dear boy, to them which brought you up by ‘and.
怎么年轻人都不懂得感恩?
Why is it that the young are never grateful?
-天生的坏胚子 -没错
– Naturally vicious. – True.
我得说 今天讲道的内容
I must say, anyone looking for a moral for the young
可没有训诫年轻人的话
would not have found it in today’s sermon.
-没错 -讲道的内容也不精彩
– No, indeed. – Or found much that was well-chosen.
如果让我来找题材…
Now, if I’d been in a position to enter into a fit subject…
-说猪就行了 – 这就是个题材
– Look at pork alone. – There’s a subject.
要是你需要主题的话 就选猪吧
If you want a subject, look at pork.
对 从这里也许能推论出不少教育年轻人的人生大道理
True, sir. Many a moral for the young might be deduced from that text.
你听好了!
You listen to this!
猪和奢侈之徒是一丘之貉
Swine were the companions of the prodigal.
猪的贪吃就可作为年轻人的警戒
The gluttony of swine is put before us as an example to the young.
想想你应当感恩的东西 如果你投胎成一只猪
Think what you ought to be grateful for. If you’d been born a Squeaker,
注定会有什么下场?早被人用区区几先令大甩卖♥♥了
what would your destination be? You’d have been disposed of for a few shillings.
喝点白兰地 伯父
Have a little brandy, Uncle.
好的
Er, yes, Mum.
你还躺在稻草堆里 屠夫早就跑了来
Disposed. And then Dunstable the butcher would have come up to you,
左手把你抱起来夹在腋下
as you lay in your straw, and he would have whipped you under his left arm,
右手拿小刀给你放血
and shed your blood with a penknife with his right.
不会再有人亲手把你拉扯大
No bringing up by hand then.
一点可能都没有
Not a bit of it.
伯父
Uncle…
伯父 你怎么了?!
Uncle, what is it?!
你没事吧 伯父?
Are you all right, Uncle?
煤油!
Tar!
煤油?
Tar?
酒瓶里怎么会有煤油?
Why, however could tar come there?
可开门了 快点 机灵点
Here you are. Come on, look sharp.
打扰了 我正在追捕逃犯 有事要找铁匠
Excuse me but I’m on a chase and I want the blacksmith.
乔!
Joe!
手铐的锁坏了 联轴节有点问题
Often one goes wrong and don’t act pretty.
# 用力捶啊 用力捶 #
# Hammer boys round – Old Clem #
# 锤得砰砰响 #
# With a thump and a sound – Old Clem #
# 锤啊锤 锤啊锤 #
# Beat it out, beat it out – Old Clem #
# 锤得叮当响 #
# With a clink for the sound – Old Clem #
#把火吹旺 旺上加旺 #
# Blow the fire, blow the fire – Old Clem… #
他们应该还在沼泽地
They’re known to be in the marshes.
天黑以后才会设法逃跑
They won’t try to get out before dusk.
来点白兰地吗 巡佐?
Would you care for a brandy, Sergeant?
还是拿葡萄酒吧
Wine, I think, Mum.
待会儿 巡佐 我想或许…
After which, Sergeant, I had the thought that perhaps…
我们有几个人可以跟各位军爷一块儿去
Well, some of us might have the inclination to come down with the soldiers
-看看能不能抓到逃犯 -我不反对
– and see what comes of this hunt. – No objections here.
如果乔太太不介意的话 我们就跟去抓囚犯
If Mrs Joe don’t mind, we’ll see those villains caught, eh, Pip?
快点!嘿!跟上!
Come on! Hey! Keep up there!
他们在那儿!
There they are!
你们两个投降吧!
Surrender, you two!
你们就像两头野兽!过去抓他们!
And confound you for two wild beasts! Get ’em!
逮捕他们!
Arrest them!
记住!他是我抓到的!
Mind! I took him!
-是我把他交给你们的! -那也没什么
– I gave him up to you! – Nothing to be particular about!
铐起来!
Handcuffs there!
他知道是我逮住他的 这就够了
I took him and he knows it. That’s enough for me.
巡佐 注意——这家伙想杀我们
Take notice, Sergeant – this man tried to murder me.
是我把他拖到这里来的 这恶棍可是个绅士
I dragged him back here. He’s a gentleman, if you please, this villain.
全靠我才能把他抓回监狱
And now the Hulks has got its gentleman back. Through me.
要不是你赶来 我早就没命了
I should have been a dead man if you’d not come up.
你是天生的骗子 直到死了还在撒谎
You’re a born liar, and you’ll die a liar.
看他那张脸 不正写了“骗子”俩字吗?
Look at his face – ain’t it written there?
让他那死眼瞪着我
Let him cast those eyes on me.
我就是要他瞪着我
I defy him to do it.
我们一同受审时 他就是这幅德行
That’s how he looked when we were tried together.
-看也不看我一眼 -你没什么好看的
– He never looked at me. – Not much to look at.
-你! -我早说过他会想尽办法置我于死地的!
– You! – Ah! I told you he’d murder me if he could!
够了!集♥合♥!
Enough of this. Fall in!
排好队!全速前进!
Company! March!
听我说 我拿了几把刀子…
Lookee, I took some wittles off…
-在教堂那边的村子里拿的 -你“偷”的啊?
– up at the village,where the church stands. – You mean “stole”?
从铁匠那儿顺的
From the blacksmith’s.
几把破刀子…
There was some broken wittles, er…
一点酒和一个派
a dram of liquor and a pie.
抱歉让你丢了这些东西
I’m sorry you’re missing such articles.
特别是那个派
Especially the pie.
走吧!
Come on!
他怎么知道我是铁匠的?
How’d he know I was the blacksmith?
醒醒 老弟 你只是做梦而已
Come to, old chap. It’s only a dream that’s taken over thee.
那是真的 乔
It was real, Joe.
梦看起来都像真的
It always seems so.
但这才是真实的 皮普
This is the true thing here, Pip.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!