现在有个危险正在威胁普罗大众
There is now a danger that has become a threat to us all.
它是一种致命疾病 尚无确切的疗法
It is a deadly disease,and there is no known cure.
就在30年前 英国史上规模最大的公共卫生运动
It was just 30 years ago that the biggest public health campaign in
投下一颗震撼弹 宣告新型流行病正式来临
British history shocked us all into accepting a new epidemic.
(艾滋病)
每个人都吓坏了 而且
Everyone was petrified.
很多我认识的人 短时间内就丧命
And a lot of people that I knew died very,very quickly.
我的很多朋友都死于80年代
And a lot of people I knew died in the ’80s.
一个接着一个
I mean,it was one after the other.
虽然我们很容易认为艾滋病已经成为历史
But whilst it’s easy to think that AIDS is a thing of the past,
在英国本土
here in the UK,the number of people
艾滋病毒带原者的人数
with the virus which actually causes it
仍多的令人忧心
still remains worrying.
我是克里斯范托勒肯
My name is Chris van Tulleken.
最近我多半待在伦敦大学学院这间实验室里
These days,I spend most of my time in this lab at University College in London.
我研究人类免疫缺陷病毒 此病毒造成7600万人感染
And I study HIV – a virus that’s infected 76 million people
以及3500人丧命
and killed 35 million of them.
好消息是英格兰与威尔斯的国家健保局 刚刚宣布一种新型药物的试验
The good news?The NHS in England and Wales have just announced trials
可望预防感染人类免疫缺陷病毒 这种药现在已可在苏格兰取得
for a new drug that can prevent HIV,and in Scotland it’s available now.
坏消息是 目前仍无解药
The bad news?There’s still no cure.
所以我要离开实验室 去见与艾滋病毒共存的人
So I’m getting out of the lab to meet people living with HIV.
他在床上躺了一个周末
He’d sort of spent the weekend in bed with what I thought was man flu
我以为是流感 结果三天后他就过世了
and then it was three days later that he died.
我将会询问对抗艾滋病毒的科学家
And I’ll be questioning the scientists fighting the virus.
我们能治愈这种病吗?
Will we cure it?
可以尝试而且很可能会成功
We’re going to try,you know,and there’s a real possibility.
有好几十亿英镑的研究经费
There are billions of pounds of research money being invested
投入到世界各地的这类实验室中
in labs like this all around the world.
现在我们已经有强效的抗逆转滤病毒药物
We now have powerful anti-retroviral drugs that mean HIV
这表示感染艾滋病毒不等于判了死刑
doesn’t have to be a death sentence.
最近引爆话题的新型复合药
And PrEP,the new drug combination
接触前预防性投药
that has been on all over the headlines recently,
则是能预防感染病毒
can prevent you catching it in the first place.
但这场战争仍未结束
But the battle is not over yet.
我将前往艾滋病的最前线
I’ll travel to the front line of the AIDS epidemic…
她失去六名子女?
She has lost six children.
对 -了解
Yes.
探索科学如何分秒必争
..to discover how science is racing to stop
阻止每年超过100万人死亡
over a million deaths a year.
我们试验的确诊率可达
We were able to,in our trial,
92% -真的吗 -从已感染的人得出的结果
diagnose 92%…Really?..of those individuals who are infected.
我接下来要和那些致力于对抗此疾病的斗士们碰面
And I’ll meet those dedicated to beating this disease.
我们每个人都有责任 所有人都是 去污名化
We have a responsibility,all of us,to de-stigmatise,
正常化这项检验
to normalise the testing
鼓励正常人去做检验
and encourage more and more people to get tested,
每隔半年或一年等等
so that every six months,every year,whatever it be,
去检验艾滋病毒就跟检验其他疾病一样
you go and get tested for HIV just like you do everything else.
艾滋病的真♥相♥
无论我们多数人怎么想
Despite what many of us might think,
艾滋病毒仍是这个国家的问题
HIV is still a problem in this country.
每年都新增超过6000名感染者
There are over 6,000 new infections every year.
艾滋病的风险现在也开始传授给新世代
And the risks are now being taught to a whole new generation.
现在这一刻 当你们想到艾滋病毒时
When you think about HIV right now,what pops into your head?
你们会想到什么?
What do you think about?
肮脏的毒物? 很可怕?
Dirty things,don’t you?Is it frightening?
某种程度来说是
In a way,yes.
我听说过一些传言 是政♥府♥制♥造♥艾滋病
I’ve heard some stuff that,like,the government made AIDS.
写下来 政♥府♥的阴谋
Write it down.Government conspiracy.
而且是透过针头传染
And then obviously it spread through needles.
毒品 -毒品
Drugs.Drugs.
同性恋族群 他们被怪罪散播艾滋病
People who are gay,they get blamed for the spread of it.
这是佛莱迪墨裘瑞 他死于艾滋病
That’s Freddie Mercury because he died of HIV.
我来到林肯郡的威廉法尔高中
I’ve come to William Farr School in Lincolnshire
来旁听一门介绍特殊病毒的专门课程
and a special class on a unique virus.
我们要来谈谈这种病毒散播的途径
So we’re going to talk about how that virus actually gets passed on.
我们说的体液指的是哪些?
So which bodily fluids are we talking about?
像是血液 对 感染的血液
Like,blood.Yes,infected blood.
还有呢?
Anything else?
精♥液♥ -精♥液♥ 没错
Semen.Semen.
你们还知道什么体液?
Yes.Any other body fluids that you guys know of?
没关系 还有阴♥道♥分泌物 直肠分泌物
It’s OK.We’ve got vaginal fluids and rectal secretions.
但知道吗? 今天我们都要一并讨论
But you know what?We’re talking about them here today.
你们认为你们能分辨出谁感染艾滋病毒吗?
Do you think you could spot somebody with HIV?
不行? -不行?
No?No?
所以你们知不知道 我有艾滋病?
So would you have any idea that I have HIV?
不知道
STUDENTS: No.
不知道 好 我是艾滋感染者
No?OK,so I’m HIV positive.
十多年前被诊断出来
I was diagnosed over ten years ago.
你们跟我相处了一段时间 但还是看不出来
You’ve all spent this time with me and couldn’t tell.
其实无论你们遇到谁 都很难去分辨
And actually,anyone else you meet,you may not be able to tell.
请进 -谢谢
Come in.Thank you.
莉兹乔登现在的工作是教育年轻人了解艾滋病
Lizzie Jordan now works to educate young people about the virus.
她发现自己感染艾滋病毒 是在伴侣班吉
She found out she was HIV-positive after her partner,Benji,
突然一病不起之后
suddenly fell ill.
他礼拜五去上班 回家后抱怨
He went to work on a Friday.
他以为是鼻窦感染
Came home complaining of what he thought was a sinus infection.
他在床上躺了一个周末 我以为只是流感而已
He’d sort of spent the weekend in bed with what I thought was man flu.
喝点活力饮料应该就没事了
And,you know,”Have some Lucozade and you’ll be fine.”
但后来 三天后他就过世了
And then…So,it was three days later that he died.
医生宣告
Doctors broke the news that Benji
班吉是死于艾滋相关疾病
had died from an AIDS-related illness…
原本甚至不知道他感染了艾滋病毒
without ever even knowing that he was HIV positive.
这是大概是他过世前六星期拍的
I mean,that was probably six weeks before.
看到这些画面 就连我都觉得很不可置信
Seeing those pictures,even I find that amazing.
过来 乖
Come on.Yeah.Yeah.Yeah.
没人晓得班吉何时或是如何染上艾滋病
No-one knows when or how Benji contracted the disease,
但很多人可能活了十年 或更久的时间 完全没显示出症状
but people can live for ten years or more without any symptoms at all.
看这些影片会很煎熬吗?
Is it hard to watch that?
悲喜交错
It’s bittersweet because
因为这是我们拥有他的最后一段影片
that’s the last piece of footage we have of him.

Um…

Yeah.
是啊
Yeah.
你一定非常震惊
You must have been in…total shock.
完全没道理
It just didn’t make sense.
一个身体健康的人怎么会
How you can be so fit and well…
就这样死了 一命呜呼
..and then die.You know,literally die and drop dead.
但你从没想过会是艾滋病毒?
HIV,it never popped into your head?
完全没料想到? – 一次也没有 根本不在我的关注范围里
You never thought…?Not once,and it wasn’t even on my radar.
我根本没考虑过这种病
It wasn’t even something I considered.
当莉兹发现自己也感染艾滋病时 她下一个念头是
When Lizzie discovered she was also HIV-positive,her next thought was,
她是否无意问也把病毒传染给孩子?
had she unknowingly passed the virus to their baby?
当时乔已经18个月大 喝了母乳18个月
Joe was 18 months old and had been breast-fed for 18 months.
还有自然生产
Natural delivery.
那些事情 感染艾滋病毒的妈妈不会做的
All the things that I knew a HIV-positive mother wouldn’t do.
虽然有四分之一的机率 可能让宝宝感染
Despite a one in four chance of infecting her child,
但他们很幸运
they were lucky.
宝宝的检验结果是阴性
The test came back negative.
你的故事值得一听 唯一的原因是
I mean,the only reason your story is listenable to is cos you’re
你健健康康地站在这里 而且气色好极了
standing here kind of fit and well and looking amazing.
但这也更激励我说服大家去做检验
That fires me up even more to make people get tested.
你懂吗?
You know.
因为外表看不出来
You cannot tell.

Yeah.
莉兹是英国超过十万名 与艾滋病毒共存的人之一
Lizzie is one of over 100,000 people in the UK living with HIV,
而且根据估计 其中约有一万三千人仍未诊断出来
and it’s estimated around 13,000 of those are undiagnosed,
因为多年来 通常都不会显露任何疾病症状
because for many years there are often no outward signs that anything is wrong.
就是这个原因 让病毒得以悄悄散播
It’s what helps the virus silently spread.
好了 速成知识
OK,so a quick lesson.
关于生物学的
This is a quick biology lesson.
艾滋是一种病毒
HIV is a virus and it specifically infects

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!