Friends, let me introduce myself.
朋友,现在我来自我介绍
Peltzer’s the name. Rand Peltzer.
我叫彼尔契,兰德彼尔契
That’s me there on the corner.I’m an inventor.
站在街角的那位就是我 我是个发明家
And I have a story to tell.
我要告诉你们一个故事
I know. Who hasn’t got a story?
是,我知道 当然谁都有自己的故事嘛
Well, nobody’s got a story like this one.Nobody.
但是没一个人 会有我这种故事,没一个人!
It all started here in Chinatown.
故事是从这里的中国城开始
I was trying to move a little merchandise…
我带着一些玩意儿 到各个商店去兜查
…maybe find a present for my kid.
顺便看看 可以买♥♥什么礼物给我儿子
I tried this one place.
结果就到了这家店
Wait a minute.What’s down here?
等等,这下面是什么?
This is it.
就这儿
This is your grandfather’s store?
这是你祖父开的店吗?
Come on.
是啊,来吧
No wonder you gotta drag people in off the street.
难怪你要到街上 去拉客人进来
Go ahead, mister. Look around.See if there’s something you like.
请吧,先生,随意看看 看有没有中意的
Are these things real?
这些玩意儿是真的吗?
I told you. Everything’s real.
我告诉过你了 每一件都是真的
You do have interesting artifacts here…
朋友 你店里的玩意儿是蛮有趣的
…but there’s one thing you don’t have.And what’s that?
可惜就缺了一样 缺了什么?
Let me show you.
给你看,我带来啦
I’m an inventor. I made this.The Bathroom Buddy.
我是个发明家 这是我发明的沐浴宝宝
The invention of the century.
本世纪最新产品
It eliminates the need to carry heavy luggage when you travel.
它可省却你外出 旅行大包小包的麻烦
You got yourself your shaving mirror your toothbrush, a toothpick.
这里面有刮胡镜 牙刷,牙签,指甲刀
You got toenail clippers a nail file and you got yourself a dental mirror.
指甲锉刀还有牙医镜 应有尽有
This is gonna revolutionize traveling.
这是革命性的旅行用品
Let’s just say,for the sake of argument…
现在我们举个例
…that you’re on a bus, a plane or a train.
譬如你搭公车,坐飞机 或是坐火车
You forgot to brush your teeth.You got yourself a bad case of dragon breath.
你忘了刷牙 发现自己有严重口臭
Bad breath.What do you do?
有口臭,怎么办呢?
No problem, friend.
没关系,朋友
All you do is you take your toothbrush out
可以从沐浴宝宝里 拿出你的牙刷
…and you push this button.
按下这个钮
That’s absolutely no problem.Cleans up easily.
一切都没问题,没问题 清洗容易
What I’d like to do, sir, is give you my card.
现在,我想给你一张名片
Rand Peltzer.
我叫兰德彼尔契
Fantastic Ideas for a Fantastic World.”I make the illogical logical.
人生有梦,逐梦踏实 我让梦想成真
I can get you these.
先生,如果你喜欢 我可以送货给你
I can get them by the dozen if you’d like.
可以送一打的货来给你
What do you think?What do you think?
你觉得呢?觉得如何?
Where’s that coming from?
那是从那儿发出来的?
What is that?Mogwai.
那是什么? 魔怪
What’s he doing?Singing.
他在干嘛? 唱歌♥
He does that sometimes.
他有时会唱歌♥
I gotta have him. He’s incredible.
我要他了,他真不可思议
Tell you what I’ll do.I’ll give you $100 for him.
告诉你我的想法 我出一百元买♥♥他
No
不行
I’ve gotta have him. It’s a present for my son for Christmas.
听着,我一定要买♥♥他 给我儿子当圣诞礼物
It’s what I’ve been looking for.I’ve been everywhere.
我找了这么多地方 总算找到这东西啦
I’ll give you $200.
我出二百元好了
That’s $200!
二百元!
I’m sorry.Mogwai not for sale.
很抱歉,魔怪是非卖♥♥品
You said everything here was for sale.
你说你爷爷店里的东西 都可以卖♥♥呀
Grandfather!
爷爷!
With mogwai comes much responsibility.
饲养魔怪,需要负很大的责任
I cannot sell him at any price.
出任何价钱都不卖♥♥
Wait outside. I’ll be right out.Just go.
到外头等等 我随后就来,去呀!
Okay, mister. Here it is.
好了,先生,他是你的了
What about your grandfather?
哦,好棒,你爷爷怎么说?
Forget what he said. He’s crazy.
别管他,他神经有毛病
We need the money. Do you want it or not?
我们需要这笔钱 快点,你到底要不要?
I want it.
我要
There’s three rules you’ve gotta follow.
听着,先生 请遵守以下三项规定
What kind of rules?
什么规定?
Keep him out of the light.He hates bright light,
他不能见光,他讨厌灯光
especially sunlight.It’ll kill him.
尤其是阳光,会要他的命
And keep him away from water. Don ‘t get him wet.
他不能碰水,别弄湿了他
But the most important rule, the rule you can never forget…
最重要的,请你绝对不要 忘记的一件事
…no matter how much he cries or how much he begs…
不管他哭得多凶,求得多苦
…never, never feed him after midnight. Got it?
在半夜之后都不能喂他吃东西 记住了吗?
Sure. Whatever you say.
当然啦,孩子,不会有问题的
Thanks. And have a Merry Christmas.
谢谢你啊,圣诞快乐
You’re rolling with Rockin’ Ricky Rialto the voice of Kingston Falls, U.S.A.!
嘿,朋友,这是美国摇滚世界 我是DJ金思佛斯!
Alex Getting close to Christmas.
嗨,艾力斯,圣诞脚步近了
You’ll get stuck with a lot of trees again.
看样子今年你这些树 又卖♥♥不出去了
I thought I’d be seeing you about this time.
我就知道这个时候你会来
What the hell is this?
这是什么啊?
What are you doing in there?Don’t ask.
是彼得!你在这儿做啥? 别问
Alex, I came to get my tree.
艾力斯,我来拿我的树
Pete, take that tree to Mr. Anderson’s truck.
彼得 把树搬到安德森先生的卡车上
What do you say, Alex?
你说怎样,艾力斯?
You can spare one for the sheriff’s station.
别这样 可以送棵树给我们警局吧
I paid for mine, Frank.
我是付钱买♥♥的,法兰克
Billy, you need a jump?
嘿,比利,怎么啦 要不要给你充电?
No, thanks, Mr. Futterman. I’m late for work as it is.
不,谢了,法特曼先生 我上班要迟到了
These goddamn foreign cars always freeze up on you.
这些该死的外国车 天冷就动不了了
You don’t find American machinery doing that.
美国车就不会这样 耐寒耐热,可以承受任何状况
See that plow?Hasn’t given me a day’s trouble in 15 years.
看那部铲雪机,用了十五年 用了十五年还是好好的
You know why? Kentucky Harvester.
你知道为什么吗? 肯德基丰收者,名牌啊
It ain’t some foreign piece of crap. That’s a Kentucky Harvester.
不是什么烂舶莱品 是肯德基丰收者!
If I wanna keep my job, I should be going now.
我再不走,就要被炒鱿鱼了
How’s your comic strip coming?
你们的漫画出得顺利吧?
I expect to see you in the funnies with “Smilin’ Jack,” “Li’I Abner.”
我每天都等着看趣味版里的 哈哈杰克和小亚伯
They don’t run those comics anymore.
法特曼先生 他们早就不印这些漫画了
They don’t?Come on, Barn.
不印了? 走吧,巴恩尼
Say hello to your wife, okay?
请代我向你太太问好,好吗? 好的
So long, Billy.
再见 再见
Goddamn foreign cars.
该死的外国车
Hey, doctor. Morning, Billy.
嘿,蒙若大夫 早安,比利,巴恩尼
Hey, Morning.Morning , Billy.
早安,费德 嘿,比利,巴恩尼
Get in there and be quiet.
进去,乖乖的
You just made it. Again.
你差点就迟到了 又一次了
Will you sign this petition?
比利 在这请♥愿♥书上签个名吧?
Sure. What’s it for?
好啊,请什么愿的?
To declare Dorry’s pub a landmark.
帮多利的酒店 请一个标界牌
Mrs. Deagle’s trying to take his lease away.
迪格太太要取消他的租约
His too?
连多利也遭殃?
Yeah, she says it’s a dive, a public nuisance.
她说多利的酒店太低级
That’s where my dad proposed to my mom.
我爹就在那儿跟我妈求婚耶
That’s where everybody’s dad proposed to their mom. Cross your “T.”
每个人的爹都是在多利酒吧 向他们的妈求婚的
Thanks.
谢谢
Good morning, Mrs. Deagle.What’s good about it?
早安,迪格太太 早个屁?
Watch it, watch it!
小心…
40, 60, 80…
四十,六十,八十
200. Thank you.
呃,二百,好了,谢谢
Mrs. Deagle? What?
迪格太太? 干嘛…?
I just wanted you to know that Joe got another job.
我想跟你说 乔找了另一份工作了
Joe
乔?
My husband, Joe Harris.
我先生,乔哈瑞斯
And I’ve taken up some sewing.
我还另外兼了份 裁缝的工作
What are you trying to tell me?
哈瑞斯太太? 你说这些干嘛?
Neither of us will be paid for two weeks.
我怕我跟我先生 两周内都还拿不到工钱
Couldn’t you get Mr. Corben to give us a little more time?
你能不能请柯本先生 再宽容我们一些时间呢?
Mrs. Harris…
哈瑞斯太太
…the bank and I have the same purpose in life:To make money.
银行和我的目标是一致的 就是赚钱
Not to support a lot of deadbeats.
我们没空养那些赖债的
Mrs. Deagle, it’s Christmas!
迪格太太,现在是圣诞节
Now you know what to ask Santa for, don’t you?
那你应该知道 要跟圣诞老人求什么吧
Mommy, I’m hungry.Yes, honey. So am I.
妈咪,我饿了 小亲亲,我也饿了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!