In the Tower of Song
在这歌♥曲之塔
I said to Hank Williams
我问汉克•威廉姆斯
How lonely does it get?
这是何等的孤独?
Hank Williams hasn’t answered yet
汉克并未回答我
But I hear him coughing
但我听到他
All night long
彻夜咳嗽
Oh, one hundred floors above me
在我楼上一百层的
In the Tower of Song
这歌♥曲之塔
I was born like this
我生来如此
I had no choice
无从选择
I was born with the gift of a golden voice
我生来拥有这金嗓的礼物
And twenty-seven angels from the great beyond
天外而来的二十七位天使
Well, they tied me to this table
他们将我绑在这桌上
Right here in the Tower of Song
就在这歌♥曲之塔
Do na na na, do na na’
So you can stick your little pins
把你的别针插♥进♥
In that voodoo doll
那巫♥毒♥娃♥娃♥吧
I’m very sorry, baby
很抱歉 宝贝
Doesn’t look like me at all
看上去一点也不像我
I’m standing by the window
我站在窗户旁
Where the light is strong
这里光明万丈
Oh, they don’t let a woman kill you
在这 一个女人无法伤害我
Not in the Tower of Song
在这歌♥曲之塔
Do na na na, do na na
Well, you can say that I’ve grown bitter
也许我是愈发苦涩了
But of this you may be sure
但你应该相信我
The rich have got their channels
富人们有独家通道
In the bedrooms of the poor
通往穷♥人♥的居所
And there’s a mighty judgment coming
强硬的审判即将到来
But I may be wrong
但也许是我想多了
You see, you hear these funny voices
奇异的声音对我诉说
In the Tower of Song
在这歌♥曲之塔
Do na na na, do na na
I see you standing on the other side
我看见你站在对岸
Don’t know how the river got so wide
这河怎么变得如此宽了
I loved you, baby
我爱过你 宝贝
Way back when
许久以前
And all the bridges are burning
那些桥纷纷在燃烧
That we might have crossed
那些我们走过的桥
I feel so close to everything we’ve lost
我们往日所失 现在感觉近在咫尺
We’ll never
我们不必
We’ll never have to lose it again
永远不必再次失去那些
So I bid you farewell
向你道声永别
I don’t know when I’ll be back
我不知何时才会归来
They’re moving us tomorrow
明天我们就要搬去
To that tower down the track
轨道上的下一座塔了
But you’ll be hearing from me, baby
但宝贝 你还是会听到我的消息
Long after I’m gone
即使我已离去多时
I’ll be speaking to you sweetly
我还是会在我的窗旁
From my window in the Tower of Song
对你温柔诉说 在这歌♥曲之塔
Well, my friends are gone, and my hair is grey
我的朋友都已远去 我的头发也已花白
I ache in places where I used to play
往日游乐之地 如今使我疲累
And I’m crazy for love
我仍为爱疯狂
But I’m not coming on
但我不再强求
I’m just paying my rent every day
只是每日交租
In the Tower of Song
在这歌♥曲之塔
Do na na na, do na na
Do na na na, do na na
Do na na na, do na na
Do na na na, do na na
I had the title poet.
我曾拥有诗人的称号♥
And maybe I was one for a while.
也许以前我确实当过一段时间诗人
Also the title of singer was kindly accorded me…
另外人们也非常好心地称我为歌♥手
even though I could barely carry a tune.
即使我基本上唱不出调
Let’s be serious here for a second.
我们实话实说
There are very, very few people…
这世上只有极少数人
who occupy the grounds that Leonard Cohen walks on.
拥有里奥纳德•科恩的地位
You know? This is a very– this is a rare, rare talent.
这是非常罕见的才华
And as dark as he gets…
即使他有时风格黑暗
like in Democracy or The Future…
比如《民♥主♥》和《未来》那样的
you still sense that beauty is truth.
你还是能感受到 美是真理
And so he makes something beautiful…
他还是从黑暗中
out of this blackness.
创作出美感
He finds shades in the blackness…
他在黑色里找出不同的饱和度
that feel like color.
感觉就像彩色一样
For many years, I was known as a monk.
多年来 人们所知道的我是一位僧人
I shaved my head and wore robes…
我剃了头 穿着袍子
and got up very early-
起床也很早
I hated everyone, but I acted generously…
我憎恨所有人 但同时我行善事
and no one found me out.
于是没有人识破我
My reputation as a ladies man was a joke.
我所谓大众情人的名声是个笑话
It caused me to laugh bitterly…
让我在千万个独处的夜晚
through the ten thousand nights I spent alone.
苦笑不已
This is an important man to celebrate now…
趁现在去歌♥颂这样一位重要的人物
because I think, those days, you know, are gone.
因为我觉得 那个时代已经过去了
I don’t think there’s gonna be another Leonard Cohen.
我觉得不会有第二个里奥纳德•科恩了
You get the sense with Leonard…
里奥纳德给人感觉…
that he doesn’t mind waiting.
他不介意等待
You know, that he will wait.
他愿意去等
For God to walk through the room.
等上帝走向他
Waiting for that right phrase.
等合适的措辞
That right rhyme, that right rigorous thought.
合适的韵律 严密的想法
There’s humility to that, too…
这也体现了他的谦逊
’cause he doesn’t– he doesn’t seem to think…
因为他不 他好像不觉得
that everything he does is great.
他做的事都很杰出
And the rest of us would be very humbled…
而我们其他人 哪怕面对他的弃稿
by the stuff he throws away.
也会感到自愧不如
If you want a lover
若你想要位爱人
I’ll do anything you ask me to
我会对你有求必应
And if you want another kind of love
若你想要另一种爱
I’ll wear a mask for you
我就为你戴上面具
If you want a partner, take my hand
若你想要位伴侣 牵我的手吧
Or if you want to strike me down in anger
又或者你想愤然打击我
Here I stand
那我就站这不动
I’m your man
我是你的男人
If you want a boxer
若你想要位拳击手
I will step into the ring for you
我就为你踏上拳击台
And if you want a doctor
若你想要位医生
I’ll examine every inch of you
我会检查你从头到脚每一处
If you want a driver, climb inside
若你想要位司机 上车吧
Or if you want to take me for a ride
又或者你想带我去兜风
You know you can
当然可以了
I’m your man
我是你的男人
Oh, the moon’s too bright
月光太明亮
The chain’s too tight
锁链太紧固
The beast won’t go to sleep
那野兽不愿入睡
I’ve been running through
我一直在细数
These promises to you
对你许下的那些
That I made and I could not keep
无法实现的诺言
But a man never got a woman back
但一个男人要想赢回一个女人
Not by begging on his knees
下跪哀求是没有用的
Or I’d crawl to you, baby
否则我愿向你爬去 宝贝
And I’d fall at your feet
我会匍匐在你脚边
And I’d howl at your beauty like a dog in heat
我会像条发♥情♥的公狗般为你的美而嚎叫
And I’d claw at your heart
我会抓挠你的心脏
And I’d tear at your sheet
我会撕扯你的床单
I’d say please
喊着 求求你
Please
求求你
I’m your man
我是你的男人
And if you’ve got to sleep a moment on the road
若你想在路上小憩
I will steer for you
我就接过方向盘
And if you want to work the street alone
若你想独自在街头卖♥♥笑
I’ll disappear for you
我就识趣回避
If you want a father for your child

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!