即便我无法证明
Even if I can’t prove it.
我失落了好多事物
You know, I’ve left so much behind.
我的家人 动物园 印度 阿南蒂
My family, the zoo, India, Anandi.
我猜人生到头来就是不断放下
I suppose, in the end, the whole of life becomes an act of letting go.
但永远最令人痛心的…
But what always hurts the most…
就是来不及好好道别
is not taking a moment to say goodbye.
我没能感谢我爸爸教我那么多事
I was never able to thank my father for all I learned from him.
并且告诉他:没有他的教导…
To tell him, without his lessons…
我绝对存活不下来
I would never have survived.
我知道理查德?帕克是老虎
I know Richard Parker is a tiger,
但我真希望我有说…
but I wish I had said…
“都结束了 我们活下来了”
“It’s over. We survived.”
“谢谢你救了我一命 我爱你 理查德?帕克”
“Thank you for saving my life. I love you, Richard Parker.”
“你会永远与我同在”
“You will always be with me.”
“愿上帝与你同在”
“May God be with you.”
我不知道该说什么
I don’t know what to say.
难以置信是不是
It’s hard to believe, isn’t it?
好多事要吸收
It is a lot to take in.
也要思索其中的意义
To figure out what it all means.
发生就发生了
If it happened, it happened.
为何要有意义
Why should it have to mean anything?
有些部分很不可思议
Some of it is pretty incredible.
由于我是唯一生还者
See, I was the only one who survived the shipwreck.
日本船运公♥司♥派两个人找我谈话
So the Japanese shipping company sent two men to talk to me…
我在墨西哥的医院休养
in the Mexican hospital where I was recovering.
报告副本我还留着
I still have a copy of their report.
他们要处理保险理赔
They had insurance claims to settle…
所以想查明沉船的原因
and they wanted to find out why the ship sank.
他们听了也不信
They didn’t believe me, either.
(保险报告书 1978年2月19日)
一座浮岛上有成千上万只狐獴
Thousands of meerkats on a floating carnivorous island…
却没有人见过
and no one has ever seen it?
对 就像我说的那样
Yes, just like I told you.
香蕉不会浮起来
Bananas don’t float.
你提香蕉干什么
Why are you talking about bananas?
你说猩猩坐在香蕉堆上漂向你
You said the orangutan floated to you on a bundle of bananas.
但香蕉不会浮起来
But bananas don’t float.
你确定吗
Are you sure about that?
当然会浮 你自己试试看
Of course they do. Try it for yourself.
总之我们不是来问香蕉或狐獴的
In any case, we are not here to talk about bananas or meerkats.
我刚说了个很长的故事 我很累了
Look, I just told you along story and I’m very tired.
我们来是因为有日籍货船在太平洋沉没
We are here because a Japanese cargo ship sank in the Pacific.
我永远忘不了
Something I never forget.
我失去了全家人
I lost my whole family.
给他倒杯水
Get him some water.
我们不是要逼你
We don’t mean to push you.
也很同情你的遭遇
And you have our deepest sympathies.
但我们大老远来
But we have come a long way…
却没有更逼近沉船的真♥相♥
and we are no closer to understanding why the ship sank.
因为我不知道
Because I don’t know.
我在睡梦中被吵醒
I was asleep. Something woke me up.
也许是爆♥炸♥ 我不确定
It could have been an explosion, I can’t be sure.
然后船就沉了
And then the ship sank.
你们还要我说什么
What else do you want from me?
我们不想被看成呆子
A story that won’t make us look like fools.
写报告需要单纯确切的说法
We need a simpler story for our report.
让公♥司♥可以看得懂
One our company can understand.
大家也都能相信
A story we can all believe.
所以不要没有见过的事物
So, a story without things you’ve never seen before.
没错
That’s right.
不要有惊奇 不要有动物或岛
Without surprises. Without animals or islands.
对 只要真♥相♥
Yes. The truth.
那你怎么做
So, what did you do?
我说了另外一个故事
I told them another story.
有四个人生还
Four of us survived.
厨子和水手已经先上了船
The cook and the sailor were already aboard.
厨子扔下救生圈把我拉上了船
The cook threw me a lifebuoy and pulled me aboard…
妈妈攀着一堆香蕉漂到了船上
and Mother held on to some bananas and made it to the lifeboat.
那个厨子很恶心
The cook was a disgusting man.
他吃了一只老鼠
He ate a rat.
存粮够好几周用 但他逮到一只老鼠
We had food enough for weeks, but he found the rat in the first few days…
就杀了它 晒干 然后吃掉
and he killed it, dried it in the sun and ate it.
那个人就像野兽
He was such a brute, that man.
不过他毫不浪费
But he was resourceful.
提议搭木筏钓鱼的就是他
It was his idea to build the raft to catch fish.
没有他 我们头几天就死了
We would have died in those first few days without him.
水手就是拿肉汁拌饭给我的佛教♥徒♥
The sailor was the same man who brought rice and gravy, the Buddhist.
我们语言不太通 只知道他很痛苦
We didn’t understand much of what he said, only that he was suffering.
他跳船时严重摔断了腿
He had broken his leg horribly in the fall.
我们尽量帮他接直 但伤口感染了
We tried to set it as best we could, but the leg became infected…
厨子说再不截肢 他就会死
and the cook said that we had to do something or he’d die.
厨子自告奋勇
The cook said he’d do it,
但妈妈和我得按住水手
but Mother and I had to hold the man down.
我也相信这是万不得已
And I believed him, we needed to do it.
于是…
So…
我一直说 “对不起 对不起”
I kept saying, “I’m sorry, I’m sorry.”
他只是一直看着我 眼神好…
And he just kept looking at me. His eyes were so…
我永远不会明白人为何要那么受苦
I’ll never understand the point of that man’s suffering.
我忘不了他的惨叫
I can still hear him.
随喜的佛教♥徒♥ 他只吃肉汁拌饭
The happy Buddhist, he only ate rice and gravy.
我们当然没救活他
We didn’t save him, of course.
他死了
He died.
隔天早上 厨子钓到第一只鬼头刀…
The morning after, the cook caught his first dorado…
我起初不知道他做了什么 我妈妈知道
and I didn’t understand what he had done at first, but Mother did…
我没见过妈妈那么生气
and I had never seen Mother so angry.
他说 “别抱怨 开心点”
“Stop whining and be happy,” he said.
“食物不多一点 我们会死的 这才是重点”
“We need more food or we’ll die. That was the whole point.”
妈妈问 “什么重点?”
“What was the whole point?” Mother asked.
“你让那孩子死掉来当鱼饵 禽兽”
“You let that poor boy die in order to get bait, you monster!”
厨子火大了
The cook got furious.
他挥拳冲向她
He started towards her with his fist raised…
妈妈狠狠地赏了他一巴掌
and Mother slapped him hard, right across the face.
我愣住了
I was stunned.
我以为他会当场杀了她
I thought he was going to kill her right then.
结果他没有
But he didn’t.
厨子的目的可不只是鱼饵
The cook didn’t stop at bait either, no.
那个水手…
The sailor…
他的下场跟老鼠一样
He went the same way the rat went.
厨子毫不浪费
The cook was a resourceful man.
一个星期后他…
It was a week later that he…
都是我的缘故
Because of me.
因为我捉不住一只乌龟
Because I couldn’t hold on to a stupid turtle.
它从我手上滑掉游走
It slipped out of my hands and swam away.
厨子冲上来捶我的头…
And the cook came up and he punched me on the side of my head…
我牙齿相撞 眼冒金星
and my teeth clacked and I saw stars.
我以为他还要揍我…
I thought he was going to hit me again…
但是妈妈拼命捶他
but Mother started pounding on him with her fists…
大喊 “禽兽!禽兽”
screaming, “Monster, monster!”
她叫我到木筏上去
She yelled at me to go to the raft.
我以为她会跟来 否则…
I thought she was coming with me, or I’d never have…
我为什么没叫她先走
I don’t know why I didn’t make her go first.
我每天都回想这事
I think about that every day.
我跳过去一回头就见到厨子拔刀
I jumped over and turned back just as the knife came out.
我完全无法阻止
There wasn’t anything I could do.
又无法不去看
I couldn’t look away.
他把她的尸体扔下船
He threw her body overboard.
然后鲨鱼群来了 我看见它们…
And then the sharks came. And I saw what they…
我看见了
I saw.
隔天 我杀了他
The next day, I killed him.
他没有还手 他知道他太过分了
He didn’t even fight back. He knew he had gone too far…
连他自己都过意不去

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!