而非内在心灵
but not what is in here.
有人吃荤 有人吃素
Some eat meat, some eat vegetable.
我们不可能事事同调
I do not expect us all to agree about everything…
但我宁愿你相信我不认同的事
but I would much rather have you believe in something I don’t agree with…
也不要盲目地接受一切
than to accept everything blindly.
首先就是要理性思考
And that begins with thinking rationally.
你明白了吗
Do you understand?
很好
Good.
我想要受洗
I would like to be baptized.
所以你是基♥督♥教♥徒♥又是回♥教♥徒
So, you’re a Christian and a Muslim?
还是印度教♥徒♥
And a Hindu, of course.
还是犹太教♥徒♥吧
And a Jew, I suppose.
我确实在大学开了卡巴拉课
Well, I do teach a course on the Kabbalah at the university.
有何不可
And why not?
信仰就像一栋房♥子 有许多房♥间
Faith is a house with many rooms.
那有怀疑的空间么
But no room for doubt?
很多 每层都有好几间
Oh, plenty. On every floor.
怀疑是有用的
Doubt is useful.
它让信仰保持活络
It keeps faith a living thing.
经过试炼才能知道信仰的力量
After all, you cannot know the strength of your faith until it’s been tested.
瑟文呢 他不在我们不该进来
Where’s Selvam? We shouldn’t be in here without him.
别担心
Stop worrying.
我看他喂食上千遍了
I have seen him do this a thousand times.
我想看看新来的老虎
I want to meet our new tiger.
派!
Pi!
嗨 理查德?帕克
Hello? Richard Parker?
老虎
A tiger?
理查德?帕克是老虎
Richard Parker was a tiger?
对 这是文书作业的错误
Yeah, he got his name through a clerical error.
它小时候在溪边喝水被捉到
A hunter caught him drinking from a stream when he was a cub…
被取名为口渴
and named him Thirsty.
后来长到很大了
When Thirsty got too big,
被卖♥♥给我们动物园…
the hunter sold him to our zoo…
但文件上的名字写反了
but the names got switched on the paperwork.
猎人写成口渴
The hunter was listed as Thirsty,
老虎写成理查德?帕克
and the tiger was called Richard Parker.
我们笑坏了
We laughed about it,
名字也就沿用了下来
and the name stuck.
快走吧
Let’s go…
免得惹上麻烦
before we get into trouble.
我想就近看它
I want to see him close up.
你又不是管♥理♥员♥
You’re not a zookeeper.
走吧
Come on!
来 理查德?帕克
That’s it, Richard Parker.
这个给你
It’s for you.
住手
No!
你在想什么
What are you thinking?
你疯啦
Are you out of your mind?
谁准许你来这里的
Who gave you permission to come back here?
我教你的事全都被你抛在脑后
You have just ignored everything I’ve ever taught you.
我只是想跟它打招呼
I just wanted to say hello to him.
你当它是你的朋友
You think that tiger is your friend?
它是动物 不是玩伴
He’s an animal, not a playmate.
动物也有灵魂
Animals have souls.
从眼神就看得出来
I have seen it in their eyes.
去找瑟文来
Find Selvam.
老板 你确定吗?派只是个孩子
You’re sure, Sir? Pi’s just a boy.
快点
Do it. Go ahead!
动物跟人的思路不同
Animals do not think like we do.
忘记这一点的人会送命
People who forget that get themselves killed.
那只老虎不是你的朋友
That tiger is not your friend.
当你凝视它的眼睛
When you look into his eyes…
你看到的只是自己的倒影
you are seeing your own emotions reflected back at you.
如此而已
Nothing else.
别傻了 快道歉
Don’t be stupid. Say you’re sorry.
便辛 你怎么搞的
What have you done, Piscine?
你明知爸爸说不准来这里
You know what your father said about coming back here.
对不起 我…
I am sorry. I was…
你要干嘛
What are you thinking?
这是父子之间的事
This is between a father and his sons.
他都道歉了
He said he’s sorry.
你想让他们心理受创吗
You want to scar them for life?
受创 那孩子差点断一条手
Scar them? That boy almost lost his arm.
但他还是个孩子
But he’s still a boy.
他很快就会长大
He will be a man sooner than you think.
我不要他们忘记这个教训
And this is a lesson I do not want them ever to forget.
瑟文
Selvam!
“使得国家处于紧急状态”
…and so has placed the country in a state of emergency.
“古吉拉特邦和坦米尔纳德邦奉命”
Under the directive, the states of Gujarat and Tamil Nadu…
“将接受中♥央♥政♥府♥直接管辖”
will be placed under the direct authority of the central government.
“警方将被授权”
Police will be granted powers…
“逮捕并无限期拘留发动暴♥动♥的公民”
to arrest and indefinitely detain citizens responsible for the uprising.
经过那场教训 一切都变了
Things changed after the day of Appa’s lesson.
世界不再那么有魅力
The world had lost some of its enchantment.
无聊的学校只会教事实、分数和法语
School was a bore. Nothing but facts, fractions and French.
还有没完没了的生字和句型
Words and patterns that went on and on, without end.
就像我的无理数绰号♥
Just like my irrational nickname.
《异乡人》 阿尔贝·加缪 著
我不安地寻找着
I grew restless searching for something
能让生命恢复意义的事物
that might bring meaning back into my life.
然后我认识了阿南蒂
And then, I met Anandi.
我妈♥逼♥我去学音乐
Mother made me study music.
有一天老师感冒病倒
And one day, my teacher came down with the flu.
他请我替他为一堂舞蹈课伴奏
He asked if I could take his place, playing rhythms for a dance class.
不对
No.
要是不专心…
If you do not concentrate…
就无法以舞蹈敬神爱神
you cannot express your love of God through dance.
感受自己脚踏实地
Feel the ground beneath your feet.
目光望向地平线
Open your gaze out onto the horizon.
让心灵能量透过舞蹈 经由身体
Let that spiritual energy pulse through you and out into the world.
传递到世界
Through abhinaya.
阿南蒂 到前面来带舞
Anandi, come to the front. Lead them.
你为什么跟着我
Why are you following me?
什么
What?
你一直跟着我
You were following me.
这个手印代表什么
What does this mean?
你跳舞时先做了帕塔卡
In the dance, you went from pataka…
代表森林
which means the forest.
接着是…然后是…
And then you did…
桑普塔
samputa…
代表隐藏起来的事物
which means something that is hidden.
然后你做了这个手印
And after that, you did this.
接着你做了恰图拉
And then you did chatura.
不过最后你做了…这个手印
But at the very end, you did this.
别的舞者都没做
None of the other dancers did that.
这是代表爱神藏在森林里吗
What did you mean? The god of love is hiding in the forest?
不是 这手印也代表莲花
No, that also means the lotus flower.
莲花藏在森林里
Lotus flower is hiding in the forest?
莲花干嘛要藏在森林里
Why would a lotus flower hide in the forest?
这是理查德?帕克
And this is Richard Parker.
它是动物园里有史以来最壮观的动物
He is the most magnificent creature we’ve ever had here.
你看它转头的方式
Look at the way he’s turning his head.
多爱臭美 跟舞者一样
Showing off. Like a dancer.
不对 它听见什么了
No, he heard something.
它在用心听 懂吗
He’s listening, you see?
我们讨论好一阵子了
We have talked about it for some time.
你听懂了吗
Do you understand what I’m saying?

Pi?
对不起 你很…
Sorry, you’ve been…
担心
Worried.
担心这个家

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!