这就是法国花都巴黎
This is the city. Paris, France.
如同伦敦、纽约、东京等
其他大都会一般
It is just like any other big city,
London, New York, Tokyo…
唯一不同的是
…except for two little things.
巴黎人好美食
In Paris, people eat better…
又擅长热恋
也许不擅长
…and in Paris people make love,
well, perhaps not better…
但很稀松平常
…but certainly more often.
任何时间地点皆如此
They do it any time, any place.
左岸也是
On the Left Bank…
右岸也有
…on the Right Bank…
或河中间
…and in between.
白天
They do it by day…
或晚上
…and they do it by night.
屠夫也好
The butcher…
蛋糕师也一样
…the baker…
或友善的殡仪业主
…and the friendly undertaker.
在晃动中进行
They do it in motion.
也在静止中做
They do it sitting absolutely still.
狮子狗也如此
Poodles do it.
游客亦然
Tourists do it.
将军也是
Generals do it.
连存在主义者也一样
Once in a while, even existentialists do it.
有青梅竹马
There is young love…
黄昏恋曲
…and old love.
夫妻的爱
Married love…
和不法之爱
…and illicit love.
这就是我要说的
That is where I come in.
我叫克劳夏弗
My name is Claude Chavasse.
所谓的私♥家♥侦♥探♥
I am what you would call “a private eye. ”
在6月11日周一早6点15分
It was Monday, June 11, 6:15 a.m.
我整夜在旺多姆广场侦视
I had been working
the nightwatch on the Place Vendome…
丽池饭店外面
…outside the Ritz Hotel.
为维护无辜者之安全
我将本案女主角称做X夫人
In order to protect the innocent,
I will call this the case of Madame X.
当然她也并非完全无辜
Of course, she was not entirely innocent.
当X先生在伦敦参加商务会议
While Monsieur X was attending
a business conference in London…
她也在丽池14号♥房♥整夜开会
…she was conferring nightly
in Suite 14 of the Ritz.
早上8点45分
8:45 a.m.
我回到莫洛街17号♥家中
I arrived at No.17, rue Mallebranche.
我住的地方有个小办公室
This is where I live,
and this is also where I have my office.
在安静住♥宅♥区内
客户们喜欢这样
It is a very quiet neighborhood.
My clients prefer it this way.
夫人好
夏弗先生早
-Bonjour, Madame.
-Bonjour, Monsieur Chavasse.
我们的生活正常安宁
It is a neat, normal life we have here.
只有我,女儿和她的大提琴
There’s just myself,
my daughter, and her cello.
爸爸
早,亚莉
-Papa?
-Good morning, Ariane.
爸爸早
Good morning, Papa.
昨晚很累吗
Did you have a hard night?
还好
So-so.
有趣的案子?
Interesting case?
还好
So-so.
告诉我
别多问
-Tell me about it.
-Never mind.
为何?
Why not?
别问了
Never mind!
我真担心你每天整晚工作
Papa, I’m worried about you.
You’ve been working every night.
现在是旺季
It’s my busiest season.
你需要休息
You need a rest.
我的工作跟医生差不多
In my profession, it’s like being a doctor.
要随时待命
I have to be on call night and day.
好大夫除非病人好了不休息
A good doctor can never rest,
not until the patient is out of bed.
我倒没如此想过
I’d never thought of it that way.
你不应该考虑这些
You shouldn’t think of it at all.
学校怎样?
How are things at the conservatory?
还好,在排练
练什么
-So-so. We’re rehearsing.
-Rehearsing what?
海顿88号♥交响曲
A symphony. Haydn’s 88th.
我都告诉你我做的
但你从不说你做的
I always tell you what I’m doing
but you never tell me what you’re doing.
因为我爱你
That’s because I love you.
不想让你接触那些不入流的事
I want to protect you from these sordid
matters I have to deal with.
回去练习吧
好的,爸爸
-Now go back to your cello.
-Yes, Papa.
要吃早餐吗
Wouldn’t you like some breakfast?
晚一点,暗房♥有事要做
Later. I have some work to do
in the darkroom.
待会有客户要来
I’m expecting a client.
妈妈还在时你一定会跟她谈工作
When Mama was alive,
I’m sure you discussed your work with her.
你妈是个结了婚的女人
Your mama was a married woman.
我可真高兴
I’m so glad.
爸爸,你的咖啡凉了
一下就好
-Papa, your coffee’s getting cold.
-Just a few minutes.
你可以晚点再弄
好吧
-You can play detective later.
-All right.
这人是谁
拜托,亚莉
-Who’s this man?
-Ariane, please!
他真迷人
He’s very attractive.
他不讨人喜欢也不道德
He’s very objectionable, and quite immoral.
是吗
一点也不好
-He is?
-And utterly no good.
他是干嘛的
够了
-What did he do?
-That’s enough.
我没看过他的档案
I don’t think I’ve ever seen
his face in the files.
你看过我的档案?
Ariane! Have you been into my files?
没有
No, Papa.
打扫时看过几个
I mean, yes, Papa.
Just a few of them, when I was dusting.
我告诉过你一千次别动档案
Ariane, you’ve been told a thousand times
to stay away from those files.
我试过,但它们太吸引人了
I’ve been trying, Papa,
but they’re so fascinating.
同学都很羡慕我有私人图书馆
At the conservatory, all the girls envy me
because I have my private library.
不是图书馆,是臭水池
Library? This is not a library.
This is a sewer.
你怎能如此说
很多案子都好浪漫
How can you say that?
Some of these cases are so romantic.
我看了好多遍
什么案子
-I’ve read them time and time again.
-What cases?
我最喜欢D案
Well, I guess my favorite one is in file “D.”
英国女公爵和阿尔卑斯山导游
The Duchess of Devontry
and her Alpine guide.
真凄美
It’s so sad, and so beautiful.
为了跟踪他们上马特洪峰
你老爸差点得心脏病
Your father almost had a heart attack
following them up the Matterhorn.
她一定很爱他,为他放弃了一切
How she must have loved him,
to give up everything.
爵位、城♥堡♥、骏马和猎犬
The duke, the castle,
the horses and the hounds.
为了什么? 2周无♥耻♥的爱情?
And for what?
Two weeks of shameless passion.
是轰轰烈烈的2周
Two glorious weeks!
丑闻必然会以坏结局收场
It was a terrible scandal,
and it had to lead to a terrible end.
值得的
But it was worth it.
一个女人除了跟爱人
同赴黄泉还有什么可求呢
What woman could ask for more
than to die together with her lover?
同埋雪崩,相拥而死

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!