See? It’s gruesome, is it not?
真抱歉
I’m sorry.
好了 艾玛
Now Emma,
作为拥护科学进步的人 我的职责就是保证我们的镇子跟上时代步伐
as a partisan of progress, it is my duty to keep this town to the fore.
所以我需要你帮忙说服夏尔给这可怜人动手术
Which is why I need your help to convince Charles to operate on this poor man.
– 先生 我想应该先说服我 – 这是为你好!
– I believe I should be convinced first, sir. – It’s for your own sake!
那么 夫人 你怎么说?
Well, Madame, what do you say?
恐怕轮不到我去告诉夏尔这些
I’m afraid it is not my place to tell Charles.
不 不 忘记那些陈规旧习
No. No, forget convention and modality.
这事没有风险 只有好处
There are no risks here, only advantages.
手术成功
Success.
减轻痛苦 病人仪表更加美观
Certain relief. Beautification of the patient.
但这些都比不上手术带来的名声
But no less important, celebrity to be gained by the surgeon.
你所说的一切都很诱人
All of what you speak of is most alluring.
但是做决定的不是我 是夏尔
But the decision is not mine, it’s up to Charles.
噢 好吧
Oh, very well.
但你至少会帮忙说服他 对吗?
But you will at least help me convince him, will you not?
我想想办法吧
We’ll see.
好极了
Excellent.
我没太花时间去打理花♥园♥
I haven’t devoted much time to the garden.
本来可以很漂亮的
It could be so beautiful.
我来打理吧
I’ll take care of it.
你没想过建个小池塘吗 比如在这?
You’ve never thought of a fish pond, perhaps over here?
你会有大把时间做你想做的事 快进屋吧
You’ll have plenty of time to do as you wish. Best to come inside.
当然你也可以享受这景致啊
Surely, it’s for you to enjoy as well.
是的 但是为时尚早 天气还太冷
Well, yes. But not so early, and not in this cold.
好的 还有一个
Okay, one more.
这是最难忍♥受的部分
This should be the worst of it.
对 对 要摘掉了
Yeah. Yeah, it’s coming off.
治得差不多了
That’s most of it done.
好了 好了 你现在可以穿衣服了
There, there. I think you’re good to cover up now.
不 只有等你先完成手术才行
No, but that is once you’ve done the operation.
图注非常详细
The diagrams are very detailed.
是的 我肯定你从没见过这样的
Yes, well, you’ve never seen anything like them, I’m sure.
他们在这儿画了只手
They use a hand here.
我们必须认识到这机器的未来重要性
Now, we must all understand the future importance of this machine.
这是工业的象征 工程的壮举
This here is a symbol of industry. It is a feat of engineering.
踩踏机让马完美地规律运动
Notice the treadmill gives a perfect regularity of motion to the horse.
开始了 开始了!
Here we go, here we go!
但是这个构造似乎让马非常不舒服
But this configuration seems extremely uncomfortable for the horse.
– 唔… – 这牲口什么时候休息?
– Well… – When does the animal rest?
他们应该有两匹马轮流上 或者定个时间表之类
They should have two horses taking turns, or some form of schedule.
我想每个镇都有它自己的娱乐项目
Well, I suppose every town has its diversions.
这就是我们的吗?
Is this ours?
这可不是巴黎
Well, it isn’t Paris.
– 你去过吗? – 去过
– Have you been? – I have.
比你所能梦想的更加美好
It’s even better than you can imagine.
会点亮你所有的感官
It alights your every sense.
与荣镇全然不同
Nothing at all like Yonville.
抱歉 我不该那么说的 你才刚到 而且…
I apologize. I shouldn’t speak that way. You’ve only just arrived, and well…
说实话 除了我自己的思想 这里没什么能充实我的灵魂
to be honest, there’s nothing to feed my soul here but my very own mind.
说了那些话我很愧疚
I feel guilty saying that.
不 没有必要 愧疚于你毫无益处 我发誓
No, don’t. Guilt will bring you nothing, I swear.
我被送去修道院受教育的时候
When I was sent to the convent for my education,
我对那些… 脸色苍白挂着念珠心念坚定的修女们
I had a beautiful idea of the piety of those… pale-faced women
对她们的虔诚有着美好的想象
with their rosaries and their convictions.
我想和她们一模一样 但却做不到
I wanted to be just as they are, but I couldn’t.
我困惑于要履行什么样的誓言
I puzzled myself to find some vow to fulfill.
在忏悔时 我甚至会捏造一些微不足道的罪名
At confession, I even invented little sins.
别笑 我感到很惭愧
No, I was mortified.
我只想要奔放的热情 而不是清规戒律
I wanted only emotions, not discipline.
那些好修女们宣称我不受神的感召
The good nuns declared me to be without calling and cast me out
迫使我只能读一些浪漫文学来满足内心的欲望
to read romance novels and fulfill the desires of the heart.
她们让我生了病
They made me ill,
但是直到后来我才认识到内心的罪恶感
but it was only later that I realized that my guilt had been keeping me
让我得不到本来应有的幸福
from the happiness I deserved.
那么 你在这找到那种幸福了吗?
And have you found that happiness here?
对不起 我没有听到你进来
Forgive me. I did not hear you enter.
– 夏尔去看病人了 – 我不是来见夏尔的
– Charles is visiting a patient. – I’m not here to see Charles.
不是吗?
No?
我有什么能为你效劳吗?
Of how may I be of service?
不是效劳 我… 我希望你能陪我出去散个步
Of no service. I… I hoped you might accompany me on a walk.
散步?
A walk?
今天天气很好
It’s a lovely day.
我有个礼物要给你
I have a gift for you.
– 我不能接受 – 一个小玩意
– I can’t accept. – It’s a trifle.
我在巴黎的纪念物 拿着吧
A relic from my days in Paris. Take it.
我小的时候也有这样一个地图
When I was a child, I had a map like this.
每个夜晚 我都闭上眼睛 沿着林荫大道
Every night, I would close my eyes and trace down the boulevards
踱过大桥
and over the bridges,
想象自己在马车里
imagining myself in a carriage
穿过熙熙攘攘的芸芸众生
passing all the busy people.
他们都怀着目的地而去
All of them with someplace to be.
这是我全部的筹码了
Well, that’s all I’ve got.
我又赢了
I win again.
我要去睡觉了
I’m going to bed.
– 我再玩一局你不介意吧? – 不介意 当然可以
– Do you mind if we play another? – No. Please. By all means.
– 晚安 – 晚安 夏尔
– Good night. – Good night, Charles.
跟我来
Come with me.
拜托 我有话和你说
Please. I need to talk to you.
来吧
Come.
我恐怕是发疯了 我一心只想着你
I fear I might be going mad. I think of nothing but you.
脑子里甚至听不到我自己的声音
I cannot even hear my voice in my own head.
只听见你的
I only hear yours.
– 我结婚了 – 那就告诉我你跟我的感受不一样
– I’m married. – Tell me you feel differently.
家长 现在回那坐下 别再捣乱
Parents. Now go back there, sit down, and stop messing about.
夏洛特 你能坐端正吗? 现在你们所有人听着…
Charlotte, will you sit up straight!? Now all of you…
这些小调皮们 什么也不尊重
The young scamps. They respect nothing.
你好啊 包法利夫人
You look pleasant, Madame Bovary.
我不好 教士先生
I don’t feel pleasant, Monsieur L’abbé.
我也是 可能是吃坏了东西
Nor do I. Might be what I ate.
也可能是季节原因
Or maybe it’s the season.
寒冷的天气尤其让人虚弱 不是吗?
Cold days weaken one most remarkably, don’t they?
– 可能是吧 – 是啊 圣保罗说得好
– I suppose. – Yeah. As Saint Paul says,
我们生来就为了受罪
we are born to suffer.
我认识一些穷困的年轻母亲 当然全是贤德的主妇
I’ve known poor young mothers, virtuous women, of course,
简直就是女圣徒
veritable saints,
却连面包也没有
who did not have enough bread.
教士先生 还有别的可怜人
What of those, Monsieur L’abbé,
他们有面包 却没有…
those who have bread, but don’t have any…
冬天没有火炉?
Fire in winter?
那有什么关系?
Does that matter?
有什么关系?
Does it matter?
在我看来 一个人只要有温饱 还有一个好丈夫…
Seems to me that once you have a good fire, sufficient food, and a good husband…
布德!
Boudet!
我要去拧你的耳朵 调皮鬼!
I’ll warm your ears for you, you imp!
说起来… 包法利先生怎么样了?
Talking of which… how is Monsieur Bovary?
他就是… 就是我来找你的原因
Well, that is what I… what I came to talk to you about.
他也病了 太多工作了 我们俩是这个教区最忙的人
Sick as well. Too much work. We two are the busiest men in the parish.
我是灵魂的医生 他是身体的医生
I, the doctor of the soul, he of the body.
你身体太不适了
You’re most unwell.
你该回家去
You should get home.
第一次圣体瞻礼眼看就要到了
The first communion will soon be upon us,
我还得让这群小鬼们…
and I must make these devils…
学会虔诚
pious.
我和你们说过 站好安静!
And I told you all to stay still and be quiet!
好了 看着我
Now, look at me.
你知不知道莱昂要搬去卢昂了?
Did you know Leon was moving to Rouen?
奥默下午告诉我的
Homais told me this afternoon.
他没怎么提前通知 奥默不太高兴
He didn’t give much notice. Homais was quite upset.
他得去找个新的租客了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!