罗伯高德萧 是波士顿一名
主张废奴富人之子 他在南北战争中
从军时年仅23岁 他定期写信
告诉双亲关于军中的生活
这些信件目前存放于哈佛大学 的荷顿图书馆内
片名: 光荣战役
一 一
One! One!
一 二 一
One, two, one!
一 一
One! One!
一 二 一
One, two, one!
亲爱的母亲:
Dear Mother:
我希望你一切安好 别太为我♥操♥心
I hope you are keeping well and not worrying too much about me.
别担心我们之中 会有人死在战火之下…
You mustn’t think that any of us are going to be killed…
…我们军容盛大 任何来犯意图都是疯狂
…for they are collecting such a force here that an attack would be insane.
来自麻州的士兵今早通过这里
The Massachusetts men passed through here this morning.
能看到来自各州的人 像祖先们当初革命时一样…
How grand it is to meet the men from all the states, east and west…
…为自己的国家奋勇作战…
…down here ready to fight for their country…
…真是让人心情振奋
…as the old fellows did in the Revolution.
但这一次我们要建立一个不分党派的国家…
But this time we must make it a whole country…
…让所有的美国人♥民♥ 都享有发言的自♥由♥
…for all who live here, so that all can speak.
我有很多同胞在开战之前…
Before this war began…
…都没有看过黑奴
…many of my regiment had never seen a Negro.
但现在路上全是 无家可归的黑奴
Now the roads are choked with the dispossessed.
我们为尚未写下生命史诗的男女奋斗…
We fight for men and women whose poetry is not yet written…
…他们和其他人一样值得尊敬
…but which will presently be as enviable and as renowned as any.
昨晚又传出败绩
Last night we heard of yet another defeat.
但我们未曾因此丧气
But we are not disheartened.
我因身为这个伟大军队的一员而自豪
I am honored to be part of such a splendid company.
我被升为上尉 并感到十分荣耀
They have made me captain, of which I am enormously proud.
你看见我对一百个比我年长的人发号♥施令…
You would think it strange to see me giving orders to a hundred men…
…会觉得奇怪
…most of whom are older than I am.
谢谢你寄来的爱默生诗集
Thank you for sending my volume of Emerson.
他的一字一句 都写出我的心声
His words come home to me like truth.
他说”老成持重的人相信 邪恶的眼光使人衰弱”…
‘A deep man,’ he says, ‘believes that the evil eye can wither…
…心中的祝福 能够愈合万事…
…that the heart’s blessing can heal…
…而爱能克服万难
…and that love can overcome all odds.’
仅致上我对父亲最深的爱意
My dearest love to Father.
你的儿子 罗伯敬上
Your son, Robert.
1862年9月17日 马里兰州的安提曼湾
全军 往前冲!
Company, forward!
– 前进! – 开火!
– Charge! – Fire!
开火!
Fire!
稳住 各位!
Ready, men?
开火!
Fire!
– 开火! – 开火!
– Fire! – Fire!
稳住 开火!
Stand. Fire!
大伙 稳住!
Steady, boys!
– 前进! – 开火!
– Forward! – Fire!
开火!
Fire!
全军 勇往直前
Forward, men! Forward!
老天爷 快点啊!
For God’s sake, come on!
开火!
Fire!
罗伯 快来 我们一定要撤退
Robert, come on! We must fall back!
不! 佛诺布!
No! Forbes!
佛诺布!
Forbes!
冲!
Charge!
你没事吧 上尉?
You all right there, captain?
不! 不要切掉我的腿!
Please! Not my leg!
不! 不要切掉我的腿!
Please! Not my leg!
– 给我氯仿 – 停!
– Where’s the chloroform? – Stop!
停!
Stop!
不! 等等!
No! Wait!
– 不! – 坚持!
– No! – Hold on!
你的颈部受伤了 对吧? 上尉
So it’s the neck, right, captain?
医生忙死了 但我可以帮你处理伤口
Well, the surgeons are all busy, but I’ll fix you up.
好的…
All right, I’ll just…
– 痛的话 说一声 – 停!
– Let me know if I hurt you. – Stop!
皮肉伤嘛
Oh, this is nothing.
– 听到最新消息了吗? – 是什么?
– Heard the latest? – What’s that?
我一个当传令兵朋友的朋友…
Well, I heard it from a friend who’s a dispatch rider…
…从史丹顿的作战指挥部听说
…who got it from a friend who’s one of Stanton’s clerks in the War Office.
林肯要发表解放黑奴宣言
He says Lincoln is gonna issue an emancipation proclamation.
他要放那些黑奴自♥由♥
Gonna free the slaves.
什么?
What?
也许不是那些边境州的黑奴…
Maybe not in the border states or something…
… 不过他会解放一些黑奴就是了
… but he’s gonna free some of them, anyway.
– 我的天啊! – 对
– My God. – Yeah.
他说等到打胜仗的时候 就会宣布…
Would’ve done it sooner, only he was waiting on a big victory…
…大概就是这次了
…which is, I guess, what this is.
我的天啊!
Oh, my God!
请不要再切了! 求求你!
Please don’t cut anymore, please!
求求你!
Please!
我弄痛你了吗 上尉? 对不起
This might hurt you, captain. I’m sorry.
谢谢
Thank you.
…冲出
Dashing.
– 罗伯! – 汤玛斯!
– Robert. – Thomas.
萧上尉 我听到的时候 感觉好骄傲
Captain Shaw. I was so proud when I heard.
他们没有选择 其他的军官都死光了
Well, they had no choice. All the other officers are dead.
– 佛诺布呢? – 老样子
– And Forbes? – Impossible, as always.
他应该在这儿附近
He’s around here somewhere.
你好吗?
How about you?
我为你父亲工作 在他的…
Working for your father, helping him with the resettlement…
…佛里曼释放协会中帮忙
…for the Freedmen’s Relief Association.
现在住屋短缺
There’s a shortage of housing.
罗伯 你没事吧?
Robert! Are you all right?
没事 一切都很好
Yes. I’m sorry.
罗伯! 亲爱的 有个人想见你
Robert! Darling, there’s someone who wishes to meet you.
韩特将军聚集了一些田中的黑奴…
General Hunter rounded up a bunch of slaves from the fields…
…把他们叫做私货 然后 把他们像牛群一样关起来
…called them “contraband” and put them in camps like cattle.
作战指挥部决定给他们矛而不给枪
Then the War Department decided to issue them pikes rather than guns.
他们当然会逃 换做我也会逃
Of course they deserted. So would I.
罗伯
Robert.
州长 这是我的儿子 罗伯
Governor, you know my son Robert.
– 很高兴再见到你 罗伯 – 安德鲁州长 您好
– Yes, good to see you again, Robert. – Governor Andrew.
罗伯 你见过佛德瑞克道格拉斯吗?
Robert, have you met Frederick Douglass?
道格拉斯先生好
Mr. Douglass.
听说你在安提曼
I understand you were at Antietam.
是的
Yes.
那是既可怕又光荣的一天
A great and a terrible day.
我需要你大力相助
Well, I could use your help, Robert.
州长提议组织一批黑人军队
The governor is proposing to raise a regiment of Negro soldiers.
不 那不光是我一个人的点子 道格拉斯先生和我…
No, no. It was not just my idea. Mr. Douglass and some of us…
我们会让那些只知道屈辱的人…
We will offer pride and dignity…
…了解自豪和自尊的意义
…to those who have known only degradation.
罗伯 你想想看 是黑人士兵耶
Colored soldiers, Robert. Just think of it.
好极了
Wonderful.
我要求他们指派你为…
I’ve submitted your name to be commissioned colonel…
…麻州54步兵团的上校
…of the 54th Massachusetts Infantry.
谢谢你 州长 这真是… 这真是个好主意
Thank you, governor. That’s… It’s a wonderful idea.
请恕我失陪
Excuse me.
干的好 萧
Well done, Shaw
– 做的好极了 年青人 – 了不起 罗伯
– Splendid job, young man. – Bravo, Robert.
怎么了 蔡思特? 喝太多了?
What’s the matter, chester? Too much punch?
我知道你一心想要当上校…
I mean, I know how much you’d like to make colonel…
…但一个黑人军团?
… but a colored regiment?
你知道那会多不受欢迎吗?
You know how popular that would be?
让一千名黑人拿枪?
Handing out guns to a thousand coloreds?
嘿 罗伯
Hey, Robert.
怎么了?
What’s wrong?
我想我会接受这项任务
I’m gonna do it.
你不是认真的吧?
You’re not serious.
我是认真的
Yeah.
– 我要你跟我一起来 – 我?
– I want you to come with me. – Me?
跟你?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!