If only I’d found some love, I wouldn’t have to act such turbulent joys
或是投身于种种不着边际的幻想和荒诞无稽的念头
or fling myself into such fantasies and follies.
我们女人就连这种消遣也没有呢
As a woman, I’m not permitted such distractions.
悲哀的消遣
Sad distractions.
因为人在这里找不到幸福
For happiness is not found in it.
先生们 首先请允许我赞扬最高行政当局
Gentlemen, may I be permitted first of all to pay tribute to the higher administration
赞扬政♥府♥ 因为朋友们 我的职责在于歌♥颂…
to the government. For friends, it is my duty to pay tribute…
又来了 职责 老是职责
Again, duty. It’s always duty.
这词我都听腻了
I’m sick of that word.
人的职责是感受什么是伟大的
One’s duty is to feel what is great,
珍爱一切美丽的 而不是接受社会的陈规陋习
to cherish the beautiful, not accept the conventions of society.
在某种程度上 一个人总该听听世人的意见
To some extent, one must bow to the opinions of the world,
遵守公共的道德呀
and accept its moral code.
但是… 道德有两种
But… there are two codes.
一种是永恒的 诗意的 就是我们的道德 另一种呢?
There’s the eternal, the poetic, which is ours. And the other?
悲哀的…
Sad…
陈规陋习
convention.
侯爵先生 恕我冒昧 我们不能再说下去了
With all due respect, Monsieur le Marquis, we should put an end to this discussion.
那么我… 在你心里总有一席之地吧?
Then I shall… I shall be something to you?
我只能给你友情
I can only offer you my friendship.
你怎么敢这么说? 你来这儿就为了给我友情?
How dare you? You come here to offer me your friendship?
包法利夫人
Madame Bovary.
夏尔忘了归还这个
Charles forgot to return this.
你一路穿过森林来到这儿
You didn’t come here all the way through the woods
不仅仅是为了还这个雪茄盒吧 对吗?
to return a cigar case, did you?
请坐
Please.
嗯…
Well…
我一直在想
I have been thinking.
是吗? 那你都在想什么呢?
Really? And what have you been thinking about?
嗯 我发现…
Well, I realized that…
结婚以前 我像在剧院里的孩子一般期待着…
before getting married, I was contemplating my coming life like a child…
未来的生活
in a theater.
兴高采烈地坐在那里
Sitting there in high spirits,
热切地盼着演出开幕
and eagerly waiting for the play to begin.
我那时并不知道终将发生什么
It was a blessing in my early youth
而那实在是我年幼时光的幸事
that I did not know what was really going to happen.
而我如今回首过去 我似乎像是一个无辜的囚徒
When I look back now, it seems that I was like an innocent prisoner,
判的不是死刑而是活罪
condemned not to death but to life,
还不知道那判决意味着什么
and as yet unconscious of what the sentence meant.
活得越久 我越清晰地感觉到生活…
The longer I live, the more clearly I feel that on a whole…
完全就是个… 失望
life is a… a disappointment.
哦 亲爱的 也许你只是需要个知己
Oh, my dear. Perhaps you are simply in need of a confidante.
一个女朋友 她可以在这些女人的事情上给你建议
A lady friend who could advise you in such feminine matters.
– 很不幸 我不是… – 我来这儿是因为我需要你
– Unfortunately, I’m not… – I came here because I need you.
我不会在绝望的煎熬中仍呆立不动
I will not remain standing inert in this fever of despair.
我亲爱的艾玛 你站在一颗苹果树下
My dear Emma, you are unrelentingly standing under an apple tree,
却徒劳地希望闻到橘子的芬芳
wishing to smell the scent of orange blossoms.
所以是的 你的确仅仅是呆立不动
So yes, you are indeed standing inert.
在幻象的世界中… 迷失自我
Lost in a world of… illusions.
你想听好话 却又没有勇气追随内心行动
You like to hear the words but you have no courage to act upon your feelings.
我有! 我有勇气!
I do! I do have courage!
请你不要把我推开!
Please, do not push me away!
自是…
Yes…
当然
indeed.
光是到这来就要不小的勇气 对吗?
It took you a lot of courage just to come here, didn’t it?
– 夫人? 奥默先生来了 – 艾玛 艾玛
– Madame? Monsieur Homais. – Emma, Emma, Emma, Emma.
你真是既漂亮又聪明 充满魔力
You are beautiful, you are wise, and you are magic.
– 我都不知道你怎么做到的 – 噢 这都归功于勒合先生
– I don’t know how you’ve done it. – Oh, it’s all Monsieur Lheureux.
勒合先生…?
Monsieur Lheur…?
原谅我 我不是在说这房♥子
Forgive me. I wasn’t commenting on the house,
房♥子自然是品位非凡
which is indeed in exquisite taste.
我是说 夏尔同意给伊波利特的跛足动手术了!
No, Charles has agreed to operate on Hippolyte’s wretched foot!
是的!
Yes!
他动手术需要知道的一切 都在这本书里了
This book contains everything he must know for the surgery.
非让他看完才能休息不可 听见了吗?
Do not let him rest until he has learned it all. You hear me?
– 好的 – 太棒了
– Yes. – Excellent.
很快 你就是著名乡村外科医师的妻子了
And very soon, you will be the wife of a famous country surgeon.
怎么? 这难道不是你想要的吗 对吧?
What? This is what you want, is it not?
– 当然是 – 当然是
– Of course. – Of course.
夏尔 好好学!
Study hard, Charles!
你爱我吗?
Do you love me?
当然 我爱你呀
Of course I do.
非常爱吗?
A great deal?
是呀
Yes.
你没有爱过别的女人吗?
And you haven’t loved any others?
你难道以为我当初是童身?
You didn’t think you’d got a virgin, did you?
当然不是
Of course not.
但是我爱到离开你就活不成 你可知道?
But I love you so that I could not live without you. Don’t you see?
荣镇的先生们女士们 在你们面前的是一位伟大的医生
Ladies and gentlemen of Yonville, you see before you your great doctor,
夏尔·包法利
Charles Bovary,
今天终于要医治我们可怜的跛子朋友伊波利特了
who today will finally cure our poor crippled friend Hippolyte
治疗他丑陋的足疾
of his most ignominious of traits.
你们可以近前观看 但请保持安静
You may come forward, but keep your calm.
记住
Remember.
再来点白兰地
Some more brandy.
过来 过来 过来 好好喝两口
Come, come, come. Take a good slug of that.
– 好孩子 – 杜博先生 请你固定住盒子
– Good boy. – Monsieur Dubuc, if you would hold the box.
它不能移♥动♥
It must not move.
我们要开始了
We shall begin.
我知道 我明白
I know. I know.
第二次缝合
Second incision.
快好了 就快好了
You’re nearly done. You’re nearly done.
尽管偏见好似一张网 仍覆盖着欧洲部分土地
Despite the prejudices that still invest a part of Europe like a net,
希望之光已然开始射进我们的田野
the light of hope begins to penetrate our country places.
就在周二
Thus it was on Tuesday,
我们小小的荣镇成了外科手术的试验场
our little town of Yonville found itself the stage of a great surgical operation
这试验同时也是高尚的慈善行为
and loftiest act of philanthropy.
包法利先生 我们最知名的开业医师
Monsieur Bovary, our most distinguished practitioner,
为一个跛足患者动了手术
performed an operation on a club footed man.
此外 动手术好似施魔法
Moreover, that operation was performed as if by magic.
几乎没有几滴血沾在皮肤上
And barely a few drops of blood appeared on the skin,
似乎是要说明 坚韧的跟腱到底也…
as though to say that the rebellious tendon had at last…
招架不住外科手术的力量
given way beneath the endeavors of the surgical art.
– 为了进步 – 为了进步!
– To progress. – To progress!
救命! 救命啊!
Help! Help!
我快疯了 他一直在尖叫 他觉得他要死了
I’m going mad. He won’t stop screaming. He thinks he’s dying.
冷静点 我们那个不知感恩的病人怎么样了?
Calm down. What’s the matter with our ungrateful patient?
他一直在可怕地抽搐
He’s having hideous convulsions.
他用他腿上的机械盒子撞墙 简直要把墙撞穿了
He struck the machine on his leg against the wall enough to break it.
好的
Yes.
去吧 夏尔 你必须确保手术成功
Go, Charles. You must ensure the success of the operation.
我们很快就回来
We’ll return shortly.
怎么样?
Well?
我拿掉了盒子 但是肿胀比我想象的要严重很多
I removed the box, but the swelling is much worse than I imagined.
也许是外翻型吧
Perhaps it was a vulgus.
什么?
What?
我也许切错了跟腱
I may have cut the wrong tendon.
我担心伤口… 不能好好愈合 会滋生坏疽
I’m worried that if it… does not heal properly and gangrene sets in,
那时我们就只能截肢了
then we will have to amputate.
– 亲爱的… – 别碰我
– My love… – Don’t touch me.
你怎么了?
What is it?
不应该是这样的
This was not meant to be.
– 你知道我有多爱你… – 够了!
– You know how much I love you… – Stop it!
– 静一静 镇定一下 – 走开!
– Calm down. You’re not being yourself. – Leave me alone!
夏尔怎么能这么自满?
How can Charles be so complacent?
他对我的苦恼一点儿想法都没有
He has no notion of my torment.
哪怕他曾有一次试着理解我 我也不会…
If he’d even once just tried to understand me, I wouldn’t have…
他就是我不幸的根由
He’s the cause of my misery.
我恨不得他打我一顿 我好理直气壮地憎恨他了
I wish he would beat me, so I might have a reason to hate him.
你来… 你来了
You’re… you’re here.
带我走吧 我求你了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!