It was an unfair match. There was no dishonor in it.
它是艘二重甲板船
She was more like a ship of the line.
你会不禁对它的船身感到惊讶
You have to wonder about her hull. Our shots wouldn’t penetrate.
从两百码外开炮都伤不了它
Triple-shotted at 200 yards -no effect.
它有上风优势和猛烈的炮火优势
She had the weather gauge and a clear advantage in firepower.
什么是上风优势?
What is the weather gauge?
-你要我画给你看吗? -别在桌布上乱画
-Shall I show you again, Stephen? -Not on the cloth.
它的位置在上风处 所以能左右战局
It means she had the wind in her favor, therefore control of the engagement.
它的大炮也射得比我们远
And she had longer guns, so she could hit us beyond our range.
承认吧 我们一败涂地
The simple fact is we were soundly beaten.
-拿破仑在太平洋部署重型护卫舰 -这样一来他就稳操胜算
-Heavy frigate like that in the Pacific… -Could tip the war in Napoleon’s favor.
跟这艘军舰比起来 “惊奇号♥” 太老了
By comparison, the Surprise is a somewhat aged man-of-war.
-我说错了吗? -你说我老了吗?
-Am I not correct? -Would you call me an aged man of war?
“惊奇号♥” 并不老 一点都不老
The Surprise is not old. No one would call her old.
它的船首方正船身线条优美 船坚炮利 迅速敏捷
She has a bluff bow, lovely lines. She’s a fine sea boat, weatherly, stiff and fast.
看是谁操纵了 可以非常快
Very fast, if she’s well-handled.
它一点都不老
No, she’s not old.
它正值黄金年华
She’s in her prime.
主桅和后帆需要修复 前桅帆破裂 要用备用帆
We can patch up the main and mizzen. Foresail’s gone, so we’ll bend our spare.
拉姆认为只要稍作修补 我们就能安全返航
Mr Lamb is confident with basic repairs. We can get home as we are.
我们还不回去
We’re not going home.
修船一定要靠岸 “地狱号♥” 可能还在找我们
But to refit we need a port, and the Acheron may be still looking for us.
我们可以在海上修船 这儿有暗沙的浅水海域
We can refit at sea. Here, where it shoals.
地狱号♥要到南太平洋开战 我们必须阻止它
As you said, she is taking the war to the South Seas. We are supposed to stop her.
但是请恕我直言 它的实力比我们强太多了
But, sir…with respect…she’s a vastly heavier ship. She’s out of our class.
等我们修好船它都到合恩角了
She could be halfway to Cape Horn by the time we’re repaired.
那就更不能浪费时间
Well then, there’s not a moment to lose.
最后一针是穿过鼻孔吗?
Is it true they put the last stitch through your nose?
什么意思?
What do you mean?
乔说 你死后
Joe said when you die,
他们会在你鼻孔上面缝一针
they stitch you in your hammock with the last stitch in your nose,
确定你不是在睡觉
just to make sure you’re not asleep.
别缝我的鼻孔好不好?
Not through the nose. You’ll tell them?
没关系鸦♥片♥酊能止痛
It’s all right. It’s just the laudanum speaking.
你是最勇敢的病人
I’ve never seen a braver patient.
放心 我很快会把你修好
Poor darling. Never mind, soon have you fixed up.
快去工作
I want good work now.
两个人去修补前桅板 罗伯茨 查德威克
I’ll need two men into the starboard forechannels. Roberts, Chadwick.
做得很好
That’s nice work there.
这修不好的 这些给我更换掉
Repair won’t do here. I need these replaced.
科勒米 你一定有兴趣
Mr Calamy. There’s something might interest you here.
你看 这是船长当见习官时刻的
Look. The captain carved that. When he was a mid, no more than your age.
他从小就待在这艘船上
He’s known this ship man and boy.
这艘船上流了太多他的血
He says there’s enough of his blood in the woodwork
几乎算是他的亲人
for the ship to almost be a relation.
我同意你的说法 你真是知识渊博
I do understand your point. Your knowledge is beyond question.
但是如果现在才去找木材
However, a week in the Brazilian rain forest
一定来不及
looking for a new mast simply will not do.
“地狱号♥” 早就到中国了
The Acheron will be halfway to China.
拉姆会尽全力抢修船身 大家都要跟他一样
Mr Lamb, as always, will do his best. Which is all I can hope to expect from any man.
那是他的脑浆吗?
Is them his brains?
不这是血浆 这才是他的大脑
No, that’s just dried blood. Those are his brains.
他可是妙手回春的医生
Physician, he is. Ain’t one of your common surgeons.
把硬币给我
-Can I have the coin, please? -Sir.
他在陆地上不轻易替人看病
He wouldn’t look at you for under ten guineas on land.
他也很了解鸟兽习性
And he knows his birds and beasts.
他连甲虫在想什么都知道
You show him a beetle and he’ll tell you what it’s thinking.
回去做事吧懒虫 吹哨子
Back to work, you loafers. Eckhart, use your pipe.
赶快回去做事
Let’s get on with it, gentlemen.
别净在这儿打混
You’re not a pennyweight of use gawpin’ here.
他还是没开口
Still hasn’t said a word, sir.
布雷克尼勋爵 好点吗?
Lord Blakeney. Feeling better?
好多了 谢谢
Much better, thank you, sir.
那就好
Well, good. Good.
医生说你很爱看书 所以我…
The doctor told me you were fond of reading, so I…
《纳尔逊将军的胜仗》
有他打的胜仗和很棒的插图
It has all of his major battles and some fine illustrations.
谢谢你 船长
Thank you, sir.
你见过纳尔逊将军吗?
Did you ever meet Lord Nelson, sir?
我为他打过尼罗河战役 伟大的胜仗
I had the honor of serving with him. At the Nile. A great victory.
这本书上有记载 如果我没记错是第135页
You can find it in here, actually. Page 135, if I’m not mistaken.
是的
Yes.
他是个什么样的人?
May I beg you to tell me what kind of man he is?
你只要看书就知道
You should read the book.
我会的 谢谢
I will, sir. Thank you.
他们又在拉了 叽叽嘎嘎
Here we go again. Scrape-scrape, screech-screech.
没有一首能跳舞 喝得烂醉了也不行
Never a tune you could dance to, not if you were drunk as Davy’s sow.
这样如何?
How about this?
你想来首激昂的曲子吗?
Or are you in the mood for something more aggressive?
“挚爱的苏菲…”
敬礼
Salute.
脱帽
Hats off.
什么事?
What’s all this about?
-这是什么? -那艘鬼船
-What’s this? -It’s the phantom, sir.
大家都说 “地狱号♥” 是鬼船
Excuse me. That’s what the men call it. It’s the Acheron, sir.
他看到它的建造过程
You see, Will here, he seen her being built.
在波士顿 在战前 它是美♥国♥佬♥建造的
In Boston, sir. During the peace. But she’s Yankee-built, sir.
他在那里结婚 他妻子的表弟在船坞工作
He was getting married, and his wife’s second cousin works in the yards,
带他看过那艘船
so Will here saw the ship out of water.
我看到那艘船有点古怪 所以就请乔…
Sir, I saw there was something right strange about her, so I asked Joe…
我照他说的做了模型
So he described it to me and I knocked you up a model, sir.
-这个模型很准确? -完全准确
-And this framing is accurate? -Exactly accurate, sir.
-谢谢两位 -谢谢
-Thank you, lads. -Thank you, sir.
多给他们一份朗姆酒
Killick, an extra ration of rum for these men.
谢谢船长
Thank you very much, sir.
-那是留着过节喝的 -过节喝葡萄酒
-Which I was saving for Salutin’ Day. -We’ll drink wine.
不可思议
Oh, drink wine on Salutin’ Day.
上宽下窄的船首
Bluff above the water and sharp below.
流线形的船身 所以船速才会那么快
Gives the hull a finer entry and a long run as she goes aft. That’s why she’s so fast.
船身虽重 船速却很快
Heavier, but fast despite it.
这是未来的设计 我们生活的时代真是无比惊奇
That’s the future. What a fascinating modern age we live in.
它的船壳至少有两英尺厚
Planking and framing like that would make her hull 2ft thick. Solid oak.
怪不得射不♥穿♥ 船速最快大概能到12至14节
That’s why we couldn’t dent her. She’s probably capable of making 12 to 14 knots.
多亏有瓦利跟他妻子的表弟
Now we know. Thank God for Warley and his wife’s second cousin.
它一天能航行280英里
She could be doing up to 280 miles a day.
就算追得上它 想要击败它…
Even if we did catch up with her, I mean, to take her…
比登天还难 它有44管大炮
She’s out of our class. She’s a 44-gun ship.
它的罩门跟我们一样是船尾
She’s still vulnerable at the stern, like the rest of us.
亲爱的 一个吻多少钱?
Hello, darling. How much for a kiss?
(葡萄牙语) 一个吻多少钱?
Quanto cost-o kiss-o?
-你的名字? -我叫玛莉亚
-Name? -My name is Maria.
我要用斧头换箭 快点
Give us arrows. I give ax. Quick, mate.
谢谢
Thank you, mate.
借过一下
Gangway for the mail, please.
拿去 这是重要的邮件
Here we are. Very important mail. Letters.
他说什么?
What’s he saying?
一艘法国战舰 10号♥在这里靠岸后往南航行
A large man-of-war, French, stopped here on the 10th, then headed south.
附近的某处
Somewhere here.
比我们快三星期
A full three weeks ahead.
可恶
Damn.
汤姆 赶快完成交易
All right, Tom, let’s get all this squared away.
霍拉 尽快完成交易
Aye, sir. Mr Hollar. Let us complete our business here.
准备起锚
Hands, prepare to weigh anchor.
别光顾着泡妞
Put that woman down, Slade.
这是皇家海军 不是让你来逛窑子的
This is a ship of His Majesty’s Navy, not a floating bordello.
大家动手 把补给品搬上去
All hands, get these provisions stowed.
很好
Well done.
各位
Gentlemen.
敬妻子和情人
To wives and to sweethearts.
愿她们永不相见
May they never meet.
霍华德 把酒瓶拿来
Mr Howard, the bottle. The bottle stands by you, sir.
船长?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!