升起高低前桅帆
-Set royals and courses. -Sir.
叫人站在栏杆边
Have the idlers placed along the rails.
他太神了
I’ve never seen the like.
绕一百海里后咬住敌舰船尾
It has to be more than 100 sea miles and he brings us up on his tail.
这才叫航海高手
That’s seamanship, Mr Pullings. My God, that’s seamanship.
我就说会成功 天黑就能追上去
Told you it would work, Will. We’ll have them by nightfall.
-他们死定了 -风向对我们有利
-I think we’ve got him, sir. -And the wind favors us this time.
话别说的太早
Don’t count your eggs before they’re in the pudding.
不过只要能追上去 就能逮到他们
Still, if we can close this gap and get up behind her, she may well be ours.
老天保佑快刮强风
Touch wood. Scratch a stay.
转三圈 愿老天保佑我们
Turn three times. May the Lord and saints preserve us.
转过来
Turn.
动作快点 快把救生索绑好
Move along, man. We’ll have lost him before you rig it up.

Hold.
-船速十二节 -十二节 很好
-12 knots, sir. -That’s 12 knots. That’s good.
再多点 派人站到上风面
I want more. Have all the spare hands placed on the windward rail.
霍拉 把大家都叫起来
Mr Hollar. Rouse up the off-watch.
全都站到右舷栏杆
All hands on starboard rail.
迎风扬起左顶帆
Come up the larboard topsail sheets.
-船帆全都升起 -超过极限 船帆就会被吹走
-We’re crackin’ on. -We’ll be crackin’ up if he don’t watch it.
船长知道这艘船的极限
Captain knows this ship. He knows what she can take.
把前后救生索绑好
Mr Hollar, I want lifelines fore and aft.
别偷懒
No lounging, boy.
前后救生索把小艇绑牢
Lifelines, fore and aft. Double-grape that launch.
那是合恩角
Cape Horn, Doctor.
快盖起来 这儿的水够多了
Close the lid. There’s enough water in the grog.
多谢了
Thank you for that, Davies.
船长还想追下去吗?
Reckon the captain will follow him round the Horn, every stitch of canvas flying?
就算追到地狱 他也要追上去
I reckon he’d follow him to the gates of hell.
那艘恶魔船要把我们带入陷阱
It’s a devil ship, I tell ya. And it’s leadin’ us right into a trap.
它要带我们冲向合恩角
She’s making a run for the Horn, sir.
我很怕船桅会被吹断
I’ll not vouch for this mast. Not around the Horn.
我会把你的话记在日志
Thank you. Your comments will be noted in the log.
掌帆员站好岗位 风太大了 快收帆
Sail trimmers to their stations. Get the sails off her, lads. She’s over-pressed.
用力拉下来
Give ’em a pull and belay.
就快追到了 我不会放弃
We’re closing on her, Tom. I’ll not give up now.
迎风转向 设定航向 西南偏西
Come up on the wind, Barret. Set a course sou’west by west.
遵命 西南偏西
Sou’west by west, sir.
科勒米
Mr Calamy.
西南偏西
Idlers and waisters below.
我们要去合恩角
We’re for the Horn, boys.
把顶帆收起来
Close reef topsails.
快点 伙计们
Lively, lads.
封舱 别等沉船了就来不及了
Batten down those hatches before we’re on the bottom.
约翰逊 图拉维 收起后帆
Johansson, Truelove. To the mizzen.
都绑紧了
All secure.
很好
Down ye go, lads.
帮瓦利把后桅顶帆拉下来
Mr Hollom, help young Warley on the mizzen topgallant.
-我需要更多人手 -快去
-I’ll need more men, sir. -Yes. Go.
哈伦 帮帮我
Mr Hollom, sir. Help me.
快去帮忙
Tudor, Ellers. To Mr Allen.
爬上去把后桅顶帆收起来
You men, lay aloft. The mizzen topgallant. Light along.
救命啊
Help.
救命啊
Help me.
有人落海
Man overboard.
后桅没有了 大伙到船艉
Mizzen’s gone. Hands to the taffrail.
在那儿
He’s over there, sir.
快游过去 快点
Swim for the wreckage, man. Swim.
我在这儿
Over here.
快把木桶等等能浮的东西都丢下海
Mr Allen, gratings and barrels, anything that floats, overboard.
船身在倾斜 就快翻船了
She’s broaching. We’re losing her.
残骸会把船身拖下去
Sir, the wreckage is acting as a sea anchor.
不砍断救生索就会沉船
We must cut it loose. It’s going to sink us.
他就快游到了
Sir, he’s going to make it. He can do it.
-加油 -快游呀
-Come on, Will. -Come on. Hand over hand.
快游呀 快游过去 就快沉船了
For God’s sake, Will, swim. Swim for the wreckage, Will.
你行的
You can do it, Will.
-加油 -加油 威尔
-Swim. Come on. -Come on, Will. Swim.
1805年直布罗陀 瓦利
重返家园
-他又来了 -谁?
-He’s been at it again. -Who’s that, then?
-瘟神 -什么东西?
-The Jonah. -What’s that?
打仗时 战死比较能令人接受
The deaths in actual battle are the easiest to bear.
死在我的手术刀下 或是因为感染而死的弟兄
For my own part, those who die under my knife, or from some subsequent infection,
我总是说他们是死在敌人手上 不是死在我手上
I have to remind myself that it was the enemy that killed them, not me.
他是战争的牺牲者
That young man was a casualty of war.
你也说二恶相权取其轻
As you said yourself, you have to choose the lesser of two evils.
小虫
Weevils.
瓦利人缘很好 船员都会很难过
The crew will take it badly. Warley was popular.
他们有向你反映什么吗?
Have they expressed any feelings on the matter to you?
我在回答之前要先问下
Jack, before answering, I’m compelled to ask,
我该把你当朋友还是船长?
am I speaking with my old friend or to the ship’s captain?
我会跟船长说我最痛恨内奸
To the captain I’d say there’s little I detest more than an informer.
-你活像个爱尔兰人 -我就是爱尔兰人
-Now you’re talking like an Irishman. -I am an Irishman.
那就把我当朋友
As a friend, then.
身为你的朋友 我从没怀疑过你当船长的能力
As a friend, I would say that I have never once doubted your abilities as a captain.
有话就直说吧
Speak plainly, Stephen.
也许我们早就该返航
Perhaps we should have turned back weeks ago.
跟随幸运杰克的弟兄们
The men, of course they would follow Lucky Jack anywhere,
都很有自信能打胜仗
rightfully confident of victory.
这就是问题所在 你很少吃败仗
But therein lies the problem. You’re not accustomed to defeat.
追逐这艘比我们更强的战舰
And chasing this larger, faster ship with its long guns
也许是你的自尊心在作祟
is beginning to smack of pride.
这不是自尊 这是我的职责
It’s not a question of pride. It is a question of duty.
职责 你说的好伟大哦
Duty. Yes, I’ve heard it well spoken of.
尽管嘲笑我吧 反正你只会在鸡蛋里挑骨头
Be as satiric as you like. Viewing the world through a microscope is your prerogative.
这是艘战舰
This is a ship of war.
为了尽好职责 我什么都愿意做
I will grind whatever grist the mill requires to fulfill my duty.
甚至不惜一切?
Whatever the cost?
不惜一切
Whatever the cost.
盲目地服从命令
To follow orders with no regard for cost.
这难道不是意气用事吗?
Can you really claim there’s nothing personal in this call to duty?
军人的天职就是服从命令
Orders are subject to the requirement of the service.
我奉命一定要追到巴西 我早就完成任务了
My orders were to follow him as far as Brazil. I exceeded my orders a long time ago.
我抓住了
Got it.
风向改变了
The wind’s backing, sir.
我们不能继续向西航行
Sir, we just can’t hold this westerly course any longer.
不能直走就绕过去 往南航行
If we can’t sail through the damn wind, we’ll bloody well sail around it. Due south.
多远?
How far south, sir?
要多远就多远
As far as is necessary, Mr Pullings.
-是 船长 -打起精神
-Aye, sir. -Lively.
-往南航行 波登 -是 往南
-Due south, please, Mr Bonden. -Due south, sir.
用力稳住
Heave. Steady.
很显然发生了很有趣的事 只是我完全不懂
Clearly something nautical and fascinating just happened. I am at a loss.
我们往北转向 我们又朝着太阳航行
We have made our turn northward. We are headed back toward the sun.
敬太阳
To the sun.
为了庆祝这件事
And by way of anticipation of this event,
我请基里克做了些好东西
I have asked Killick to prepare something special.
-基里克 好了没 -我早就好了
-Killick. Killick there. -I’m already here, ain’t I?
各位 这就是…
Gentlemen, I give you,
我们的目的地
our destination.
-那是加拉巴哥群岛 -加拉巴哥群岛
-It’s the Galapagos Islands. -The Galapagos Islands.
我们的捕鲸船队在那儿
Our whaling fleet is there.
它们的渔获量很值钱 拿破仑想抢来当战争经费
And their cargo would put a pretty penny into old Bones-aparte’s invasion purse.
“地狱号♥” 一定在那儿 我敢打包票
That’s where the Acheron will be. Sure as there’s carts to horses.
普灵 别客气
So, Mr Pullings, if you’ll permit me,
来一块艾贝玛小岛
a slice of Albemarle.
至于你医生 雷东达岩礁
And for you, Doctor, Redondo Rock.
太好了
Perfect.
“地狱号♥” 是我的
And the Acheron for me.
*经过大风和大浪*
Safe and sound at home again Let the waters roar, Jack

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!