夜校15年了
Night school. For 15 years.
你在哪儿?无处
And where’s it got you? Nowhere.
我知道所有关于艺术属性 劳丽
I know everything about artistic attributes, Laurie,
而你又没有你不是艺术家 你永远不会成为艺术家
and you don’t have any. You’re not an artist and you never will be.
那我是什么 妈妈?
Then what am I, mother?
自从你出生以来 我就问自己同样的问题
Ever since you were born, I’ve asked myself the same question.
劳丽的目的是什么?
What is Laurie’s purpose?
他为什么出生?
Why was he born?
我不知道!
And I don’t know!
我不知道你是谁!我也不知道你是谁!
I’ve got no idea what or who you are!
我是个画画的人
I’m a man who paints.
没有更多 没有少
Nothing more, nothing less.
我画画来填补时间
I paint to fill in the time.
我画的要做一些事情
I paint for something to do.
我不适合做其他事情
I’m not fit for anything else.
夜里一夜 我坐在这里 在阁楼里
Night after night I sit up here. In the attic.
房♥子里什么都没有动人
Nothing in the house stirs.
松节油的气味
The smell of the turpentine.
气体喷气机的号♥子
The hiss of the gas jet.
外面 一颗孤独的星星看着我
Outside, one solitary star watches over me.
这是我的世界
This is my world.
我在这里很安全
I’m safe here.
独自
Alone.
我画画 我画画
I paint and I paint.
我的手指在这里弄脏了 刷子的笔划
A smudge here with my finger. A stroke of the brush there.
我看到光和气氛
I see light and atmosphere.
在最荒凉的地方
In the bleakest of places.
铁路拱门 石桥
A railway arch, a stone viaduct.
我从一切都看美
I see beauty in everything.
一个人只需要睁开眼睛看
A man just has to open his eyes and look.
观察一切
Observe everything.
-你好! -你好!
-Hello! -Hello!
生活!
Life!
是什么让我?
What does that make me?
我是艺术家吗?
Am I an artist?
你会叫你自己什么 劳丽?
What would you call yourself, Laurie?
你好!是收租人
Hello! It’s the rent collector.
租人来了!
Rent man’s here!
是我!
It’s me!
L.S.劳里先生
Mr L.S. Lowry.
哦 这是一个可爱的沙漠 劳丽
Oh, this is a lovely desert, Laurie.
你今晚真的很出色了
You’ve really excelled yourself this evening.
真正治疗我的消化
A real treat for my digestion.
很高兴你很享受 妈妈
Glad you’re enjoying it, mother.
-谢谢 -我做到了
-Thank you. -I did.
修剪和蛋黄不能出错
Can’t go wrong with prunes and custard.
现在是什么时间?
What time it is?
-八点钟 -你怎么知道的?
-Eight o’clock. -How do you know?
因为大厅里的钟刚刚敲响了
Because the clock in the hall just chimed.
为什么你不能把我的时钟定好 劳丽?
Why can’t you set my clocks properly, Laurie?
我不知道我在哪里
I don’t know where I am.
妈妈 在这所房♥子里告诉时间是有诀窍的
There’s a knack to telling the time in this house, mother.
方法
The method.
你的疯狂有办法 我给你
There’s a method in your madness, I’ll give you that.
-我搞糊涂了 -是的 你很乱
-I muddle through. -Yes, you’re a muddle all right.
你是一次性的 我给你
You’re a one-off, I’ll give you that.
嗯 我们不能都是同一篇文章 不是妈妈吗?
Well we can’t all be the same article, can we mother?
哦 不 那是真的
Oh, no, that’s true.
你今晚又迟到了 回家
You were late again, home, this evening.
劳丽 是吗?
Laurie, weren’t you?
-是吗? -是的 至少晚了10分钟
-Was I? -Yes, at least 10 minutes late.
我开始担心了 你在干什么?
I was beginning to get worried, what were you doing?
我…
I um…
什么
Nothing.

Right.
是吗?
Well?
我有消息要告诉妈
I’ve got some news to tell you, mother.
新闻?什么样的消息?
News? What kind of news?
-我收到一封信 -传票?父亲的债?
-I’ve received a letter. -A summons? Father’s debts?
不 不 不 不…
No, no, no, no…
前几天我收到这封信…是嗯
I received this letter the other day… and it’s um,
来自伦敦
it’s from London.
-伦敦? -是的
-London? -Yes.
伦敦?你从伦敦认识谁?
London? Who do you know from London?
伯恩斯坦先生 母亲
A Mr Bernstein, mother.
伯恩斯坦先生是画廊老板
Mr Bernstein is a gallery owner.
呃.
And uh..
他想看我的一些 我的画 如果他喜欢的话
He wants to see some of my, my paintings and if he likes them,
有一个 有我举办一个展览的可能性
there’s a, there’s the possibility of me having an exhibition.
不是吗 不是很棒吗?最后
Isn’t, isn’t that marvellous? At last,
有人在我画中看到了什么
somebody’s seen something in, in me paintings.
伦敦!
London!
是的 是的 伦敦 你说什么?
Aye, aye, London. What do you say?
你不能相信写在信里的所有东西
You can’t believe everything that’s written in a letter.
劳丽 尤其是不是来自伦敦的信
Laurie. Especially not a letter from London.
傲慢的人做出各种各样的承诺
Pretentious people make all sorts of promises
他们并不打算保留他们
and they’ve no intention of keeping them.
伯恩斯坦先生听起来很真诚
Uh, Mr Bernstein sounded very genuine
当我和他说话时
when I spoke to him on the telephone.
电♥话♥?你给伯恩斯坦先生打了电♥话♥?
Telephone? You telephoned Mr Bernstein?
今晚终于和他通了
Eventually got through to him this, this evening.
所以我就是为什么…
So that’s why I was, you know…
他说什么?
What did he say?
-表扬我 -他表扬了你?
-Praised me. -He praised you?
我没有理由怀疑他 妈妈
I’ve no reason to doubt him, mother.
哦 那要视情况而定 不是吗?
Oh, well that depends, doesn’t it?
-什么? -关于他是否能被信任
-On what? -On whether he can be trusted.
不过 这是一封好信
Still, it’s a nice letter as letters go.
把它放在壁炉上
Put it up on the mantelpiece.
把它留在雨天
Save it for a rainy day.
每个人都需要一点鼓励
Well everyone needs a little encouragement
现在 然后我想
now and then I suppose.
“亲爱的劳里先生 亲爱的先生
‘Dear Mr Lowry, Dear Mr..’
亲爱的劳里先生 你的工作很简单
‘Dear Mr Lowry, there is a simplicity to your work.
没有什么是人为地通过…
Nothing is artificially created through…
…通过类似或表示
…through likeness or representation.
一切都是通过纯粹的情感表达传达
All is conveyed through sheer expression of feeling.’
感情
Feelings.
我冷淡了
I’ve cold feet.
-我说 把你的牙齿放回去 -但我的牙齿疼
-I said, put your teeth back in. -But my teeth hurt.
我不在乎 我不是在吻你 没有牙齿
Well I don’t care, I’m not kissing you with no teeth in.
这是不卫生的
It’s unhygienic.
你在看什么 劳丽?
What are you staring at, Laurie?
火的火焰
Flames from the fire.
飘 飘 就像飞虫的翅膀
Fluttering. Like moths’ wings.
你看到的东西
The things you see.
你从哪儿弄的 我不知道 不是我的 这是肯定的
Where you get it from, I don’t know. Not from me, that’s for sure.
想象
Imagination.
你永远不会离开我 你会的劳丽?
You’ll never leave me, will you Laurie?
-不 妈妈 -承诺?
-No, mother. -Promise?
我保证
I promise.
啊 哦 那很好
Ah, oh that’s good.
没错 毕竟 什么女人会拥有你?
That’s right. After all, what woman would have you?
你和我 永远和永远
You and me, forever and ever.
躺在这儿
Lying here.
安全
Safe.
漂浮着
Floating away.
就像一条船
Like a boat.
是的
Yes.
就像海上的船漂浮着
Like a boat on the sea. Floating away.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!