Why can’t we talk now? Now is a good enough time for me.
-我改天再见你 -我之前听过了
-I’ll see you again sometime. -I’ve heard that before, Mary.
为何总是改天 玛莉别走
Why is it always “some fuckin’ time”? Mary, stay.
别走
Stay!
我们得出去了
We’ve got to go.
送我去刑场吧
Take me out to the firing squad, so.
我很荣幸为克里斯基·布朗
I must say, I’m honored to be asked to give voice
发表谈话
to the words of Christy Brown.
我在1932年6月5日 在洛屯德医院出生
I was born in the Rotunda Hospital, on June 5th, 1932.
共有22名婴孩出生
There were 22 children in all,
有13个活下来
of which 13 survived.
说我不再孤寂了是不正确的
It would not be true to say that I am no longer Ionely.
世界各地有许多人了解我
I have made myself articulate
玛莉 和我一起 克里斯基·布朗
and understood to people in many parts of the world,
不管你是否残障
and this is something we all wish to do whether we’re crippled or not.
像其他人一样 在群众当中
Yet, like everyone else,
我深感自己的孤独
even in the midst of people,
我许多时候都想放弃
and I often give up hope of
跟他们交往的希望
ever being able to really communicate with them.
克里斯基怎么了
Sheila, what’s the matter with Christy?
作家或艺术家一定要体验
hat every writer or artist must experience in the creative mood
若他要创造什么的话
if he is to create anything at all.
就如乌云突然降下
It’s like a black cloud sweeping down on me unexpectedly,
将我和其他人隔离 是令人无声的寂静
cutting me off from others, a sort of deaf-muteness.
我躺在椅子上
I lay back in my chair
我的左脚将时间 打出新的韵律
while my old left foot beat time to a new rhythm.
现在我可放松自己和完全享受
Now I could relax and enjoy myself completely.
我找到和平
I was at peace.
快乐
Happy.
妈 站起来
Come on, Ma, stand up.
妈 过来
Mother, come here.
克里斯基 不要
Ah, Christy, no, don’t.
把其中一支花给我
Give us one of them flowers, Ma.
-你不跟我们坐车走 -不
-Are you not comin’ in the car, Christy? -No.
你神经病 很好玩的
You’re mad, Christy! It’s great.
在我踢你的屁♥股♥之前快上车
Get in the car before I kick your arse.
祝好运 克里斯基
Good luck, Christy.
再见 克里斯基
Good night, Christy.
再见 妈
Good night, Ma.
去吧 我没事
Go on, I’m all right.
妈 你上车吧 我没事
Will ya get in the car now, Ma? I’m fine.
再见 克里斯基 保重
Good night, Christy. Be careful.
-你不是我爸 -保重克里斯基
-Ah, you’re not me Da, Tom. -You take it easy, Christy.
你自己保重
Take it easy yourself.
走吧
Let’s go.
-克里斯基 这个放在你下面 -好东西
-Christy. Now, tuck that under you. -Great stuff.
我希望再见你
I hope to see you again.
我希望再见你 克里斯基
Yes. I hope to see you again, Christy.
在关门前
Before closing time.
-我以为你不来 -绝不会
-I thought I’d lost ya. -Not at all.
可以看见下面的乔伊斯塔
You can just see Joyce’s Tower down there.
作家辛格在山下出生
And that’s where JM Synge was born, at the foot of the mountains.
我们为什么干杯
What’ll we drink to?
-为都柏林干杯 -为什么
-Let’s drink to Dublin. -To Dublin? Why?
因为克里斯基·布朗在那儿出生
Because Christy Brown was born there.
克里斯基·布朗和玛莉·卡尔
于1972年10月5日结婚

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!