(本片改编自历史事件)
(1304年 苏格兰)
苏格兰国王去世后无直系继承人
苏格兰贵族委任英格兰国王爱德华一世
帮助他们选择继承人
他却趁机攫取权力 并残暴地占领了苏格兰
苏格兰人在威廉·华♥莱♥士♥的领导下起义反抗
随后激烈的战争爆发 华♥莱♥士♥在福尔柯克落败 躲藏了起来
所有反抗势力均被打败
苏格兰贵族彻底向爱德华一世投降
他围攻了苏格兰人占领的最后一座堡垒 斯特灵城♥堡♥
我发誓永远忠诚于英格兰国王爱德华
I promise to be faithful and loyal to Edward, King of England,
永不对他及他的继承人动武
to never again bear arms against him or his… heirs.
愿上帝助我
So help me God.
别动
Stay there.
罗伯特爵士 你父亲是个备受尊敬的老朋友
Sir Robert, your father is an old and valued friend,
伟大的战士 曾经在圣地救过我的性命
a great warrior who saved my life in the Holy Land.
你过去八年英勇善战
You fought well for eight years,
但没有一直站在正确的阵营里
but not always on the right side.
我欢迎你重新效忠 接受你的归顺
I welcome your renewed fealty, and accept your submission.
– 结束了吗? – 是的陛下
– Is that all? – Yes, Sire.
好的
Good.
苏格兰的各位贵族
My lords of Scotland,
今天你们分别向我效忠
today you have each pledged fealty to me
尊我为你们正当的君主
as your rightful overlord.
这次冲突中没收的土地
Any lands confiscated during this conflict
将全部归还给各位
will now be returned to you.
瞧?没那么糟糕吧
See? That wasn’t so bad.
希望你们认识到多年反叛的徒劳
I hope you see the futility of your years of opposition,
并为本可以避免的流血承担责任
and accept responsibility for the bloodshed that could have been avoided.
约翰·康明大人 罗伯特·布鲁斯大人
Lord John Comyn, Lord Robert Bruce…
上前一步
Step forward.
我理解你们两家
I understand both your families
都有可能继承苏格兰王位
have a strong claim on the Scottish crown.
但是我不能偏心你们任何一方 因此…
However, neither can be favored. Therefore,
英格兰将继续统治苏格兰
England will continue to govern your province
并征收相应税款
and receive its due in taxes.
苏格兰总督艾梅·德华伦思爵士
Our viceroy, Sir Aymer de Valence…
陛下
Sire.
会领导新一届苏格兰政♥府♥
will lead a new council of Scottish administration.
你们二位会自豪地听从他的指令
You both will be proud to serve under him,
如果你们明智的话 也会借此机会
and you will take that opportunity,
弥合你们二人之间的争执
if you are wise, to heal the differences between you.
伸出手来
Offer your hands.
让我们回到原来的状态
Now let us be what we once were…
– 朋友! – 是的!
friends!
奏乐!饮酒!宴席!
Music! Drink! Feast!
罗伯特!
Rob!
陛下…
Your Majesty…
令人难忘的盛宴 陛下
a memorable day, Sire.
罗伯特!
Robert!
你肯定很痛苦吧
That must have been painful for you.
我肯定有过更痛苦的经历 殿下
I’m sure I’ve had worse, Your Highness.
记得我们在威斯敏斯特♥共♥度的夏天吗?
Do you remember our summers at Westminster,
我还小的时候
when I was a little boy?
我们一起赛跑
Our footraces,
用木剑决斗
dueling with wooden swords.
你每件事都很擅长
You were always so good at everything.
那只是因为我比你年长
That was just because I was older than you.
你觉得现在我们来场决斗怎么样?
What would you say to a duel right now?
像以前那样?
Like old times?
这么快就打破我的誓言?
And break my oath already?
命令是不带武器前来 殿下
The order was to come unarmed, Your Highness.
闭嘴
Quiet.
不如打赢的人奖五镑
Let’s say five pounds to whomever wins leverage.
那不如赌十镑
Let’s make it ten.
我听说你爱上了赌博
I heard you’d developed a taste for wagering.
皮尔斯 给我拿把剑
Piers, fetch him a sword.
很不幸你感情用事
It’s unfortunate you had some sentimental notion
觉得要为人♥民♥抗争
of fighting for the people.
可以理解
It’s understandable.
– 开端不利啊 布鲁斯 – 小心点 兄弟
– Not a good start, Bruce. – Watch yourself, brother.
甚至有点可爱
Endearing, even.
我只想赢而已
I just wanted to win.
所以
So…
威廉·华♥莱♥士♥
William Wallace…
最后一位遗存的叛军领导人
the last rebel standing.
速度很快!好样的!
Well done!
蠢货
Prick.
你喝了多少酒了?
How much have you had to drink?
完全不够
Not nearly enough.
冷静点 罗伯特
Keep the head, Robert.
他们说他住在塞尔扣克森林里
They say he lives in Selkirk Forest.
有些人也许觉得他是个烈士
Some consider him a martyr
其他人觉得他是个疯子
others, a madman.
你怎么看?
What do you think?
我觉得他是一个
I think he is a man
爱国胜过爱生命的人
who loves his country more than his life.
说得很官方
Diplomatically put.
好吧 幸运的是
All right, fortunately,
你们这些苏格兰没有这样的热情
you Scottish nobles don’t share that passion.
否则就得把你们都杀光了
Or we’d have to kill you all.
詹姆斯·道格拉斯 停手
James Douglas, stop!
陛下!
Your Majesty!
陛下!
“Your Majesty!”
干嘛?
What is it?
你父亲 要立刻见你
Your father, he wishes to see you at once.
闭嘴 你个流鼻涕的蠢蛋
Shut up, you sniveling fool!
– 你来晚了 – 你知道这对我有多重要
– You’re late. – You know how much this means to me.
你能不能动一次脑子 待在这儿别动
Please, for once use your brain. Stay there.
– 谢谢你 主教 – 我尽量吧
-Thank you, Bishop. -I’ll see what I can do.
你整宿睡不着抓着尿壶吧!
You’re the one who was up all night, clutching your chamber pot!
你究竟在干什么?
What the hell are you doing?
你有责任 我们有人请♥愿♥
You have responsibilities. We’ve had petitioners.
坐下!
Sit down!
你什么时候才能长大?
When are you gonna grow up?
罗伯特坚持要求我们比剑赌博
Robert insisted we wager on swords.
我已经长大了
And I have grown up.
你只是不太喜欢我
You just don’t like me very much.
抱歉 陛下
Pardon me, Sire.
还有最后一个请♥愿♥者
There is one last petitioner.
詹姆斯·道格拉斯
James Douglas.
道格拉斯?
Douglas?
陛下 我是威廉·道格拉斯爵士的儿子
Your Majesty, I am the son of Sir William Douglas,
他作为囚犯死在伦敦塔里
who died a prisoner in the Tower of London.
你爹是个奸诈的叛徒
Your father was a treacherous rebel.
我们的土地是夺取并赠给克利福德的理查德爵士的
Our lands were seized and gifted to Sir Richard de Clifford.
– 叛徒的土地自动没收 – 陛下 那块土地是我与生俱来的权利
-Traitors forfeit their lands. -That land, Sire, is my birthright.
– 你听到我父亲说的了 滚出去 – 你有种 这点我承认
-You heard my father. Get out. -You have balls, I’ll give you that.
滚出去
Get out of here,
否则我就叫人把你赶出去了
before I have them removed.
圣旨:我再也不想听到道格拉斯这个名字了
Royal decree: I never want to hear the name Douglas again.
我认识这个年轻人 我给他施的洗礼
I know this young man. I baptized him.
请原谅他的无礼 陛下
Pardon me, Sire, for his insolence.
快走!
Go!
– 别得寸进尺 至少今天不行 – 他不能这样!
– Do not push your luck today! – He can’t do that!
他诋毁了我的姓氏
He slandered my name.
除非太阳从西边出来
That’s how you pass a camel through the eye of a needle.
陛下 准备好了
Sire, ready.
好的
Good.
来吧罗伯特 我有东西要给你看
Come! Rob, I have something to show you.
各位朋友随我来
Friends, join us.
我们准备了一个奇观
We have a spectacle.
丢脸还没丢够吗?
Has there not been enough humiliation?
奥利芬特大人两天前试图投降
Lord Oliphant tried to surrender two days ago.
爱德华拒绝接受投降

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!