你是否能想到任何的理由
-No way.
-Can you think of any reason…
一个已经绑住输卵管的女人
…for a woman who had her tubes tied…
要用避孕膏吗?
…to use a spermicide?
没有理由,没有医学上的理由
我…
No reason. No medical reason. I…
我什么都想不出来
Heh. I think of nothing.
那么我下述的是否为事实?
Does it not follow, given these facts…
你送去化学师那的样本
…that the specimen you sent
to the chemist…
不是采样于
卡洛琳普雷莫斯尸体
…was not taken from the body
of Carolyn Polhemus?
我无法去解释它
I can’t account for it.
所以你不知道究竟发生了何事
Oh.
So you don’t know what happened.
医生,不论你采样自那一位
送去给化学师化验
Wherever you got
that specimen from, doctor…
…you sent it to the chemist…
那时你正背着沙♥比♥其先生
…while you were having
secret communications with Mr. Motto…
秘密的与莫托先生连络,对吧
…behind Mr. Sabich’s back. Am I right?
你指控我吗?史登先生
Do you accuse me, Mr. Stern?
[GAVEL BANGS]
坐下,医生
Sit down, doctor.
我想在一件案子中
SANDY:
I think we have had enough…
我们已经有够多
支持不足的指控
…unsupported accusations for one case.
熊谷医生
Dr. Kumagai.
你可以下去了,医生
LYTTLE:
You may step down, doctor.
我是否要当做州政♥府♥休息了
迪内瓜迪亚先生
Do I take it, Mr. Della Guardia,
that the state rests?
法官,我们能靠近推事席吗?
Judge, may we approach?
法官大人
我们想要莫托先生作证
Your Honor,
we would like Mr. Motto to testify.
不行
LYTTLE:
No.
你说过我们有权自♥由♥活动一下
Judge, you said that we would be entitled
to some leeway
假如辩方进行
所谓的陷害的说法
…if the defense proceeded
with this frame-up theory.
你说过的
是的,但那个时候我并不知道
-Now, you said that.
-Yes, but I did not know then…
迪内瓜迪亚先生
在莫托先生最后看过之后
…that the state’s
chief piece of evidence…
州政♥府♥最主要的证据会失踪
…was going to disappear
after last being seen with Mr. Motto.
我并不晓得
莫托先生及法医主任
I did not know that Mr. Motto…
他们两个会制♥造♥证据以及作证
…and the chief pathologist
were gonna manufacture evidence…
…and testimony.
现在我告诉你,先生
那不是一天的事就能过去的
And I tell you, sir, that is
a fair interpretation of today’s events.
我仍然在考虑
莫托先生若上了证人席之后
I’m still considering the question
of what happens to Mr. Motto…
当然那是不会发生的
…but what isn’t gonna happen…
他究竟会发生什么事的问题
因为他只会使情况更糟
…Is him getting on that witness stand,
making matters worse.
法官大人,我的证词·
退回去,各位
-Your Honor, my testimony–
LYTTLE: Withdraw, gentlemen.
代表金德郡的人♥民♥
On behalf of the people
of Kindle County, the state rests.
本庭休庭
LYTTLE:
This court is adjourned.
你应该庆幸!山弟
Well, you should savor today, Sandy.
No lawyer gets many crosses like that.
没有几个律师能有那样的庭讯
多么巨大的错误啊!
What a colossal blunder.
明天我会提出不起诉的提议
Tomorrow, I will make the motion
for a dismissal.
若不起诉没被批准
If the dismissal is not granted, we have
no choice but to proceed with the defense.
我们除了展开辩护外别无选
我需要知道
你是否仍坚持要作证
I need to know
if you still insist on testifying.
当然你晓得我强烈的反对
Of course,
you know my strong objections.
他为何那么反对你作证?
Why is he so against your testifying?
他是怕我会说实话
He’s afraid I’ll tell the truth
about my relationship with Carolyn.
我与卡洛琳的关系
那能给控方他们所缺少的动机
That’ll give the prosecution
the motive they’ve been lacking.
一个可以争论的
One could argue…
若陪审团感觉我对令我痛苦
的事那么真诚时
…that if the jury feels I’m being truthful
about something so painful…
那么当我说我无罪时
他们就该相信我
…that they should believe me
when I say I didn’t commit the murder.
你会怎么想?
What would you think?
假如我是陪审团的一员?
-If I were a member of the jury?
-Yeah.
在我听到你承认
她对你有多重要
And I heard you admit
how much she meant to you?
我想我可以判你有罪
I think I’d conclude you were guilty.
我要作证
I wanna testify.
你要怎么说?
What would you say?
我要说你是我爱的唯一男人
I’d say you were the only man
I ever loved.
而我依然爱你
And I still do.
法官大人
在我们开始庭讯之前
SANDY: Your Honor, before we begin
our presentation, I would like to–
我想要·..
你要提出不起诉?
LYTTLE:
Make a motion for dismissal?
是的,法官大人
坐下!大律师
-Yes, Your Honor.
LYTTLE: Sit down, counselor.
经过对本案深思熟虑
各位
I have reflected on this case at length,
ladies and gentlemen.
我了解检察官有疑虑
Now, I understand…
…the prosecutors have suspicions.
也许沙♥比♥其先生
那一夜是在那里
Perhaps Mr. Sabich was there that night.
假如检察官能够找到那只杯子
The state might be entitled
to that inference.
那州政♥府♥也许有权做那种推论
And if the prosecutors
had ever found that glass…
我也许更能被说服
…I might be more convinced.
我是说在昨天之前
I mean, before yesterday…
我也许会说这些怀疑
有合理之处
…I might even have said there were
reasonable grounds for those suspicions.
但是现在·
我没那么确定了
But now, I’m not so sure.
经过昨天之后
So after yesterday…
这里没有动机的证据
…there is no proof of motive here.
对是否有亲密关系
没有确实证据
There is no concrete evidence that
there ever was an intimate relationship.
到目前为止在我的关切之内
There is no effective proof,
so far as I am concerned…
没有确切的证据让一个人相信
…that would give a reasonable person
grounds to believe…
在普雷莫斯小姐遇害那夜
…that Mr. Sabich had carnal relations with
Ms. Polhemus on the night of her death.
沙♥比♥其先生和她有性关系
事实上没有一丝直接的证据
In point of fact…
…there’s not one shred of direct proof…
证明沙♥比♥其先生
谋杀普雷莫斯小姐
…that Mr. Sabich murdered Ms. Polhemus.
所以在这种情况之下
So under these circumstances…
我无法允许这审判继续下去
…I cannot allow this trial to continue.
[PEOPLE MURMURING
AND GAVEL BANGING]
沙♥比♥其先生
Mr. Sabich…
你不起诉,先生
…you are discharged, sir.
而我无法道及我有多遗憾
And I cannot begin to tell you
how sorry I am…
若这件能不发生
…that any of this has taken place.
甚至连看到你自♥由♥的欢乐
Not even the pleasure
of seeing you free…
也无法弥补对于司法的不名誉
…can make up for this–
This disgrace to the cause of justice.
我祝你成功平安
I wish you Godspeed.
本案撤销

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!