Now, I don’t know about you but I’m a growing boy.
我需要多一点点这个
I’m gonna need a little bit more of that.
这有点像一杯恰好谷物
That feels like a shot of Just Right.
很好 也许是两个半茶匙
Yeah, maybe 2.5.
嗯 两个半茶匙
OK, so, 2.5…
一个是三茶匙少一点 两个就是六茶匙
So, one was just under three teaspoons, two is six teaspoons,
另一半是大约七个半茶匙的糖
and the other half is about 7.5 teaspoons of sugar,
就在这碗里
just in that bowl.
但我还没有加酸奶
And I haven’t added the yoghurt yet.
每杯有二十七克糖
Per serving there is 27 grams,
但是有许多是乳糖 所以我推测是十八克
but a lot of that’s gonna be lactose, so I reckon 18 grams.
把十八克分成四份 每份就是四克多一点
divided by 4 is just over 4.
四茶匙再加上我之前的七茶匙 这样就有十一茶匙的糖了
So, four to my seven, so there’s 11 teaspoons of sugar,
然后再加上我的果汁
and then I’ve gotta add my juice.
我会倒上大约四百毫升的苹果汁 这样就差不多了
I’m gonna put about 400 mils of apple juice, that will do me.
这个看起来就有九茶匙的糖 这样加起来的话
There we’re looking at nine teaspoons, so this combined,
今天的早餐就摄入了接近二十茶匙的糖了
I’m looking at nearly 20 teaspoons to start the day.
嗨 大卫 你最近怎么样
Hey, David. How are you going?
挺好的 你呢
Good. How are you?
伙计 我有一个小问题 我们只是
Mate, I’ve just got a quick question. We just were…
我只是刚刚吃了我的第一份早餐
I just sort of had my first breakfast
就已经摄入了大约二十茶匙的糖
and it got to about 20 teaspoons.
二十茶匙
20 teaspoons?!
我几乎不敢相信
I almost couldn’t believe it.
我已经认真做了加法 这看起来很荒谬
But I did all the maths and it just seems ridiculous.
伙计 你该节食了
Mate, you’re gonna have to be on a diet
在今天剩下的时间 你只能
for the rest of the day if you’re only allowed to have
再摄入二十茶匙的糖了
20 teaspoons for the rest of the day.
那就是我想说的
That’s what I mean!
我今天接下来都要吃芹菜了
I’ll have to eat celery for the rest of the day.
真烦人
Just obscene.
当我们仍在觅食 狩猎和收集
When we were still foraging and hunting and gathering
尝试在我们的生活环境中找到水果或什么东西的时候
and trying to search for fruit and things in our environment,
我们需要极其适应这些糖分
we needed to be highly attuned to what sweetness there was,
因为我们真的很需要卡路里
because we really need the calories.
当然 现在 我们自带着
And of course now we bring with us
我们对糖的原始欲望
that ancient lust for sugar,
这种能力能让我们找到非常少量的糖
that ability to find even small amounts,
我们只想要一点点 是没问题的
and it’s a case where we were looking for a little
但现在我们却有太多了
but now we have too much.
因此 用进化的术语来说
And so the system, in an evolutionary terms,
我们的身体并不是主要为了解决
is not really set up to deal with
这种突然陡增的高度精致的糖的
this sudden abundance of highly refined sugar.
仅仅在实验了两天之后
After just two days of the experiment
我惊奇地发现
I was amazed at how easy it was
每天摄入四十茶匙的糖却不吃垃圾食品是多么简单的事
to get to 40 teaspoons without eating any junk food.
我刚刚在我们怎么会要消耗这么多果糖上
I’ve just had a breakthrough as to how we might be consuming
得到重大突破
so much fructose.
我刚买♥♥了这四个苹果
I just bought these four apples.
现在 我知道 如果我试着吃掉这些苹果
Now, I know that if I tried to eat these apples
我很有可能在吃了两个之后就觉得饱了
I’d probably get through two of them and I’d feel full.
水果中的纤维会告诉我的身体不要再吃了
The fibre in the fruit would tell my body to stop,
已经够了
it’s had enough to eat.
但是我想知道如果我把这四个苹果打成汁会怎么样
But I wanna see what happens if I can juice these four apples.
好了 这是四个苹果打成的汁
Right, so that’s four apples.
在这一个杯子里有四个苹果所含的糖分
That’s the sugar from four apples in one glass.
一个苹果大约有四茶匙的糖
Now, one apple is about four teaspoons of sugar,
所以 在这个杯子里有十六茶匙的糖
so that’s 16 teaspoons of sugar in that glass.
看 大自然给了我们完美的小苹果
See, nature has given us this perfect little packet,
里面有所有的营养 纤维
and it’s got all the nutrients, the fibre
这就告诉我们 当我们觉得饱了
that tells us when we’re full,
那就是我们已经摄入了正好的糖
and just the right amount of sugar in this.
但我们做的 却是发明了像这样的机器
But what we do is we invent a machine like this
只提取糖分
which extracts only the sugar
然后把其他的东西都扔掉了
and then we throw everything else away.
果汁里糖的高含量
This high amount of sugar in juice,
和通常的饮料
and drinks in general,
绝对是第一周我最大的惊奇收获
was certainly the biggest surprise of the first week.
饮料往往真的会创造出一个热潮
Beverage tend to really create a rush,
我称其为海啸效应
what I kind of call a tsunami effect.
所以你基本上
So you basically have this huge wave of sugar
让你的肝脏受到一大♥波♥糖的袭击
that gets to your liver.
这会产生很多后果
And that has a lot of consequence.
检察官
现在是实验的第十二天 也是我该第一次称体重的时候了
It was now day 12 and time for my first weigh-in.
揭开真♥相♥的时刻
Moment of truth.
79 3千克 呃
79.3. Huh?
-我都快要哭了 -为什么
-I’m about to cry. -Why?
3 2千克啊
3.2 kilos.
-就在这十二天里 -是的 就这十二天里
-In 12 days? -In 12 days.
而且一杯汽水都没喝
And that’s without one fizzy drink,
也没有吃冰淇淋 没有吃巧克力
no ice-cream, no chocolate.
吃的都是健康食品呢
That is eating healthy food.
这真是惊人 太惊人了 太惊人了
It’s alarming. Alarming, alarming.
戴比的警告并不是因为我增加的重量
Debbie’s alarm wasn’t about the amount of weight I had gained…
而是 事实上 肉都长在我都腰上了
it was the fact that it was all around my belly.
这就是所谓的内脏脂肪
This is what’s known as visceral fat.
我怀宝宝啦
I’m having a baby!
举一个典型的例子
Here’s a great example of it.
这个人的脂肪是黑色的
On this person, the fat comes up as black.
你可以看到脂肪量很少
You can see there is a very small amount of fat
但这些只是表皮下的 里面的内脏脂肪很多
just under the skin, but lots of visceral fat on the inside,
绞痛着身体器官
cramping the organs.
有一个术语可以描述
There is a term for this:
外面脂肪薄
里面脂肪厚
我们知道因为果糖
We know that with fructose,
肚子上会推积更多的脂肪
you tend to accumulate more fat in this area.
我们不知道为什么 但是 另一方面
We don’t know why, but we know, on the other hand,
我们知道 当肚子里累积了一定的脂肪后
that when you do accumulate that fat in this area
你会患上许多代谢性疾病
you have a lot of metabolic disease
都是与之有关联的
that are associated with this.
在第十五天的时候 我忽然想到
On day 15, it occurred to me
四十茶匙的糖
what 40 teaspoons of sugar
实际上就像是
would actually look like
脱下了销♥售♥包装的东西一样
stripped of its cleverly marketed packaging.
今天 我要吃四十茶匙糖
Today I’m gonna eat 40 actual teaspoons of sugar.
恰好谷物 低脂酸奶 相当于十茶匙糖
Just Right, low-fat yoghurt… there’s 10 teaspoons of sugar.
然后 一碗普通的无糖营养麦片 我要放一些糖
Here, just a bowl of plain Vita Brits. So what I’m gonna do…
现在 它们等量了
This now equals that.
该吃我的上午零食了
It’s time for my midmorning snack.
我现在可以吃这杯冷冻酸奶
Now, I could have this amount of frozen yoghurt or…
十一茶匙糖
11.
现在是午餐时间
So it’s lunch.
有一些美味的鸡块
I have this delicious piece of chicken here.
现在我本来要加半包
Now, I could add half a packet
照烧鸡肉酱
of this teriyaki chicken sauce…
或者
or, alternatively…
为了可以吞下这玩意 我可以喝一瓶这个
Now, to wash it down, I could have one of these
或者
or…
下午的精神不好
So, it’s the midafternoon slump.
因为要提神 我要吃这个天然能量棒
Now, as a pick-me-up, I could have this Go Natural Superfood
叫苹果草莓蔓越莓波纹棒
Apple Strawberry Cranberry Ripple bar
或者我可以来个七茶匙糖饼三明治
or I could have this 7-teaspoon water cracker sugar sandwich.
到点了
It was at this point
我想我最好去血液教授那儿签个到
that I thought I’d better check in with Professor Blood.
血液博士
最大的变化就是通过测试
The big change is that the liver function tests
肝脏功能的酶指标上升很快
have had an amazing rise in one of the enzyme levels,
即谷丙转氨酶指标
the ALT level.
谷丙转氨酶是肝脏里的一种酶
The ALT is an enzyme in the liver
有助于消除副作用
which helps the reactions go out.
如果血液中出现谷丙转氨酶

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!