名字
First.
真的? 很有意思
Really? interesting.
要来一盘吗…? 说不定能让你振奋
So you want, uh…? might cheer you up.
不需要了 谢谢
No, thanks, I’ll pass.
确定?
You sure?
好吃 好吃
Mm, yum, yum.
全洛杉矶最好吃的
Best in l.a.
再也不是洛杉矶最好的了
It ain’t the best in l.a. no more.
我的天啊
Oh, man.
玛亚又是三好学生
Maya made the honor roll again.
我肯定她行的
Bet your ass she did.
我的天啊
My god.
还不如得个心脏病什么的
Somewhere, some lucky guy’s having a heart attack.
同志们
Fellows.
寇尔先生
Mr. cole.
别管我 我只是在自言自语而已
Don’t pay any attention to me. I’m just, uh, talking to myself.
这是凯尔给你的
It’s from kai.
他说长大后想成为像他爷爷一样的机械师
Says he wants to be a mechanic like his granddad when he grows up.
希望你让他打消这个念头
I hope you talked him out of that.
我试过了
Well, I tried.
看看是什么东西
What do we got here?
一部福特野马350
It’s a shelby 350.
-我一直想要一部 -是啊
– I always wanted one of those. – yeah.
凯尔记着
kai remembered.
妈妈觉得你好像休息得不够
Mom seems to think you’re not getting enough rest.

Mm-hm.
她爱你 爸爸
She loves you, pop.

Mm-hm.

Okay.
检查报告出来后 给我们打电♥话♥ 好吗
You’ll, uh, call us when you get your test results, huh?

Mm-hm.
如果有结果的话
If that day ever comes.

Okay.
-保重 -好
– take care. – okay.
你的长子?
He your oldest?

Yeah.
他做什么的
What’s he do?
-罗杰是税务律师 -哦
– roger’s a tax attorney. – oh.
你看
Here.
他弟弟李 是个工程师
His brother, lee, is an engineer.
这个漂亮的小女孩是谁
Who’s the pretty little lady?
那是瑞秋 三个中最小的
That’s rachel. youngest of the three.
年纪差得好大
Big age difference.
是啊 她是个惊喜
Yeah, well, she was a surprise.
她出生后 我儿子们都宁愿呆在家里照顾她
We’d hardly gotten the boys out of the house when she came along.
她小提琴拉得很棒
She’s an outstanding violinist.
你有小孩吗
You got kids?
这要看了
Depends.
-我的婚姻关系都不长 -恩…
– never stayed married long enough. – oh, well…
别担心 对于我们两个来说我结婚够久了
…don’t worry, I’ve been married long enough for the both of us.
觉得怎么样
How’s that going?
就这样
It’s going.
感觉不错吧?
That good, huh?
这就是为什么要发明电灯开关的原因了
Well, that’s why they invented light switches.
别误会 我爱婚姻生活 结过四次婚
Don’t get me wrong, I loved being married, been there four times.
问题在于我钟情于独身
Problem is I love being single too.
鱼和熊掌不可兼得
Hard to do them both at the same time.
人无完人嘛
Well, nobody’s perfect.
我唯一成功的就是我的事业
Only successful marriage I had was me and my work.
我16岁时就开始赚钱…
I started making money when I was 16…
…之后就
…and that was that.
没有停过
Never stopped.
我比较倒霉
I’ll be damned.
我原来想当历史教授
I wanted to be a history professor.
人无完人啊
Nobody’s perfect.
弗吉尼亚告诉我怀孕前
I made it through two months of city college…
我在城市学院做过两个月
…before virginia gave me the news.
然后…
And then, you know…
年纪小 黑人还穷 孩子又要生了
…young, black, broke, baby on the way…
就接了第一份待遇还不错的工作
Take the first decent job that comes along.
我一直想回去
I always meant to go back
但45年一晃就过去了
but 45 years goes by pretty fast.
时光飞逝
Like smoke through a keyhole.
该死
Shit!
不要睡着的时候给我打吗♥啡♥ 真是浪费
Don’t give me the morphine while I’m sleeping. it’s a waste.
她可能是想把我们俩都杀了 你说呢
Maybe she’s trying to kill us both. you ever think of that?
赢了
Gin.
你是什么 魔鬼吗
What are you, the devil?
如果我已经失去理智了怎么办
What if I lost my mind already?
老天啊 不会吧
Jesus, no.
不 不 不 这不是祈祷
No. no, no jesus, this is not praying.
我只是在自言自语 这是
I’m talking to myself out loud, that’s…
你想过自杀吗
You ever think about suicide?
自杀? 我?
Suicide? me? yeah.
没有
no.
知道了 你是第一阶段
Thought so. stage one.
什么
What?
有五个阶段 但是…
The five stages, but…
否认
Denial.
然后是愤怒 抵抗 沮丧 接受
Then anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance.
所以你现在当然不会想到自杀
So of course you’re not thinking of suicide.
你处于第一阶段 否认
You’re in stage one. denial.
那你在哪个阶段
What stage are you in?
否认
Denial.
想过自杀吗
And thinking about suicide.
好吧 这只是一个…
Yeah, okay. it’s just a frame of…
看上去你好像不再需要这个了
Well, it looks like you won’t be needing this anymore.
-结束了? -第4个疗程 也是最后一个
– that’s it? – yep, fourth and final.
接下来做什么呢
What’s next?
医生要先看看所有的检查结果再决定
They have to run all the tests first, see where we stand.
-要多久 -需要点时间
– well, how long? – takes a while.
我会让盖比安医生安排检查的
I’ll get dr. gibian to schedule them when I see him.
谢谢
Thanks.
我离下班还有一个小时 还有什么需要吗
I’m on for another hour, anything you need?
如果可以的话 我想要健康证明书
Clean bill of health if you got one.
坚持一下 卡特
Hang in there, carter.
我就是这么做的
That’s what I do.
到中心线 上垒…
And line to center, base hit…
将要打三个反弹球
…kent will have to play it on three bounces…
得分 投球手向后…
…and alou will score. the throw goes to the back…
啊呀抄近路 天啊
Hit the cutoff man, for crying out loud.
你看 这就是比赛症结所在
You see that’s the problem
没有基本原则
No fundamentals.
有读过<鼎盛年华>这本书吗
Did you ever read the time of your life?
-威廉.萨洛扬写的 -是的
– william saroyan. – yeah.
“没有基础 完全没有”
“no foundation. all the way down the line.”
当我们长大后…你在做什么
When we were growing up… what are you doing?
没有 随便写写
Nothing, scribbling.
写点什么
Scribbling? what?
没什么 乱写而已
Nothing. just scribbling.
当然 这是你想做的
Oh, sure, that’s what you wanna do
三垒的人 球偏了点
bounce a slider with a man on third.
现在的这些孩子…
These kids today, they…
戴耳机了 我原来在自言自语
Earphones. I’m talking to myself, again.
-爱德华? -医生
– edward? – doc.
感觉如何
How’s it going there?
愚蠢的问题
Dumb question.
检验报告出来了
I got the test back.
现在就说吗
I’ll just lay it out, huh?
只剩六个月
Six months.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!