女士们 先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
热烈欢迎著名影星
please welcome movie star extraordinaire
维克·爱德华兹!
Vic Edwards!
我认为人们对于人是如何…如何
I think people are always fascinated
走进电影荧幕的总是很着迷
about how– how people get into movies.
我猜你的第一次试镜是一次很难忘的体验
I gather your first screen test was a fair-sized experience.
嗯 是的 我的 呃…
Yeah, it was. My, uh…
我那次试镜 呃…
My screen test was, uh…
很伤感也很好笑 我希望是好笑的
sad and funny. I hope it’s funny.
我去了二十世纪福克斯电影公♥司♥面试
I went into 20th Century Fox on an interview.
第一个人说 “你的脸很好看”
First guy said, “You have a very good face,”
他说 “我们想对你做次试镜”
and he said, “We’d like to do a screen test of you. ”
然后我想 “伙计 你要当明星了”
Then I thought, “Man, I’m gonna be a star.”
因此在试镜的那天
So on the day of the screen test,
我准备理个发 所以我在早上7点
I’m gonna get a haircut. So I duck into this barbershop
躲进了这家理发店 我对那家伙说 呃…
at 7:00 in the morning and I say to the guy, uh…
“给我理个发 修修面”
“Give me a haircut and shave.”
我以前从来没有在理发店修面
I’d never had a shave in a barbershop before.
那人也从来没做过
And the guy had never given one before.
他给我剪了个你这辈子见过的
And, uh, he gave me the worst haircut
最难看的发型
you’ve ever seen in your life.
然后他…弄得我脸上全是伤口
And then he… There was cuts all over my face.
我在脸上贴满了卫生纸
And I had pieces of toilet paper pasted all on my face.
这就是我的试镜 我不知道他们为什么不和我签
That was my test. And I wondered why they didn’t sign me
七年的合约
for a seven year contract.
这就是我关于电影的介绍
That was my introduction to, uh, the movies.

Yeah.
斯匡托 斯匡托·爱德华兹
Squanto. Squanto Edwards.
他的肾脏完全衰竭了
Well, his kidneys are completely shutting down.
不再对利尿剂有反应
He’s not responding to the diuretics anymore.
我们必须停止使用
And we had to take him off
抑制他心脏病的转换酶抑制剂
the ACE inhibitors for his heart disease
因为这会使他的肾损伤更严重
because it’s making his kidney damage worse.
他体内基本已经中毒
His body is basically poisoning itself.
我是说 他已经15岁了 所以他不适合
I mean, he’s 15, so he’s not really a candidate
像移植这样的高风险手术
for something more aggressive like a transplant.
如果是你的狗 你会怎么做?
What would you do, if it was your dog?
恐怕我们别无选择了
I’m afraid we’re out of options.
我得让他走了
I’d have to let him go.

Yes.
那么…
Well…
你不介意我…
Do you mind if I…
单独跟他说再见吧?
say goodbye to him alone?
嗯 当然 我们会给你些时间来道别
Yeah, of course. We’ll give you a minute to say goodbye.
很养眼 嗯?
Nice view, huh?
我一直喜欢瑜伽
I always loved yoga.
哦 是啊 我想我都快要得心悸了
Oh, yeah. Thinking I’m having, uh, palpitations.
对了 维克 你有没听说
Say, Vic, did you hear
杰瑞·雷纳昨天死了?
that Jerry Renner died yesterday?
哦 太不幸了
Oh, that’s too bad.
是啊 他是个好人
Yeah, he was a nice guy.
不 他不是
No, he wasn’t.
他是个蠢蛋
He was a putz.
哦 对了
Oh, here.
忘了给你看这个
Forgot to show you this.
这是有人给我的 你怎么看?
This was sent to me. What do you think?
我不知道他们怎么知道我的地址
I don’t know how they got my address,
但他们寄给了我
but they sent it to me.
这是国际纳什维尔电影节的
This is the International Nashville Film Festival.
你很荣幸
You’re being honored.
“今年是为了表彰您
“This year is being dedicated to honoring you
和您极富感染力的作品
and your impressive body of work.
就在此刻”
It’s about time.”
啊 所以呢? – “我们想邀请您
Ah, so what? – “We would like to invite you
与我们一起回顾您的一些最伟大的电影
to join us for a retrospective of some of your greatest films
然后会举办一个盛大的典礼 您将获得
followed by a gala ceremony where you’ll be presented
我们享有盛誉的终身成就奖”
with our prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award.”
看看之前的获奖者是谁
Look who the previous winners are:
罗伯特·德尼罗 杰克·尼科尔森和克林特·伊斯特伍德
Robert De Niro, Jack Nicholson, and Clint Eastwood.
上面写着所有的费用都已支付
And it says here all expenses are paid.
那是乡村音乐城 不是电影城
That’s a country music town, that’s not a film town.
不 不 不 不
No,no,no,no.
纳什维尔现在变得很时髦 非常时髦
Nashville has become very hip. Very hip.
这就是我担心的
Well, that’s what I’m worried about.
我的屁♥股♥(“时髦”和“屁♥股♥”都是hip)
My hip.
在飞机上坐得太久
Sitting on an airplane for too long a time,
要是我屁♥股♥上得了血块怎么办?
what if I get a clot in my butt?
听着 我听说过这个电影节
Look, I’ve heard of this film festival
我知道这是一个很有声望的奖项
and I know this is a prestigious award.
我觉得你的屁♥股♥不会有问题
I don’t think you’ll get a clot in your butt.
我只是说如果你不去
Look, I’m just saying if you don’t go,
你就会比我想得更混♥蛋♥
you’re a bigger asshole than I ever thought.
哦 我想你会知道的
Oh, well, I guess you would know.
你这么卖♥♥力地推动我的事业
You’ve made such great career moves.
真行啊 笨蛋
Nice. Schmuck.
早上好! 请问您要去哪里?
Good morning! And where are we off to today?
纳什维尔 – 纳什维尔 对吗?
Nashville. – Nashville, huh?
那是一个很棒的现场音乐小镇
That’s a great live music town.
您要去那里寻欢作乐吗?
You gonna kick those heels up a little bit?
嗯 就随便玩玩 给
Well, a very little bit. There you go.
谢谢 爱德华兹先生
Thank you, Mr. Edwards.
找到您了 好吧
There you are. Okay.
我得要求您去那边排队
I’m gonna have to ask you to get in this line over here
因为这边是给头等舱乘客的
’cause this one is for first class passengers only.
不会吧 可我就是头等舱
Holy cow. But I am first class.
是吗? 那为什么她的脸书主页上
Yeah? Then why the hell are there pictures of you two
有你们俩拥抱和大笑的照片?
hugging and laughing all over her Facebook page?
哦 胡说八道!
Oh, bullshit!
别说我无理取闹
Don’t tell me I’m being irrational.
你告诉我你是和安德鲁一起去的 你骗我
You told me you were going there with Andrew and you lied.
事实很简单
It’s just a simple fact.
如果你们只是朋友 那为什么还要撒谎?
If you’re just friends, then why lie?
哦 你这是一派胡言
Oh, you’re so full of shit.
你一定认为我是这个星球上最蠢的笨蛋
You must think I’m the biggest idiot on the planet.
听着 我现在不能谈这个 我在工作
Look, I can’t talk about this right now. I’m working.
我也有事要做
I do, too, have a job.
我帮我哥哥来接一个老混♥蛋♥
I’m picking up some old asshole for my brother.
我不知道他是谁
I don’t know who it is.
我是说 什么 你以为我还上网去搜索他是谁?
I mean, what, do you think I Googled him or some shit?
哦 干嘛? – 嗨 我是维克·爱德华兹
Oh, what? – Hi. I’m Vic Edwards.
哦 爱德华兹先生 – 嗯 是我
Oh, Mr. Edwards. – Yeah. Yeah.
我…我等会打给你
I… I have to call you back.
您好 爱德华兹先生 – 嗨
Hello, Mr. Edwards. – Hi.
欢迎来到纳什维尔 飞行顺利吗?
Um, welcome to Nashville. How was your flight?
有没延误? 我是说 我一直在这儿等着
Was it delayed? I mean, I’ve been waiting here forever.
你一直在等我这个老混♥蛋♥吧
You’ve been waiting here forever my ass.
我的豪华轿车呢?
Now where is my limo?
我不知道什么豪华轿车
I don’t know anything about a limo.
是吗? – 我叫李尔·麦克道戈尔
Really? – But I’m Lil McDougal,
您的私人助理兼司机
your personal assistant and chauffeur
将陪伴您这个周末
for the duration of the weekend.
这是个很好的开始 不是吗?
We’re off to a great start, aren’t we?
比约恩 闭嘴 我在工作
Bjorn, shut up. I’m working.
烦死了 – 嗯?
Come on! – Hmm?
哦 不好意思 来吧 我们走吧
Sorry. Sorry. Come on. Let’s go.
这样
All right.
我们安排您住进旅馆 但是没有时间休息
We’ll get you checked into the hotel but there’s no time to relax.
我们得赶在开幕典礼之前赶到电影节
Gotta get to the film festival in time for the opening ceremony
已经很晚了 – 怪我咯?
and you’re running late already. – Whose fault is that?
就这地方?
This is an upgrade?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!