我又做了一个相同的梦
I have this reoccurring dream.
我是一个坐在我妈妈身边的小女孩 她在唱歌♥给我听
I’m a little girl sitting with my mom, and she’s singing to me.
我能感觉到温暖的阳光洒在我的肌肤上
I feel the warmth of the sun on my skin
还有她舒适的臂弯搂着我
and the comfort of her arms around me.
我想留在那里
And I wanna stay there.
直到永远
Forever.
当我醒来时 我很想念这个美梦
When I wake up, I miss the dream.
我渴望梦想成真
I want so badly for this dream to be real,
但这是不可能的
but that would be impossible
因为我妈妈在我很小的时候就去世了
because my mom died when I was really little.
而且我不能在白天出去 完全不能
And I can’t go out in the sun. Like, at all.
我身患一种罕见的遗传疾病 叫做着色性干皮病
I have a rare genetic condition called Xeroderma Pigmentosum,
也叫XP 意思是指对阳光非常敏感
or XP, which basically means a severe sensitivity to sunlight.
如果太阳晒到我的皮肤 我就会得皮肤癌
If the sun hits my skin, I get skin cancer,
我的大脑会开始失去知觉 我可能会死 很有趣 对吧?
my brain starts to fail, and I could die. Pretty fun, right?
所以我整天呆在装有特制窗户的室内
So, I spend all my time indoors behind special windows,
和我爸爸在一起 他是最好的爸爸
hanging out with my dad, who is the best dad ever.
谢天谢地 现在我长大了
Thank goodness, because growing up,
如你们所期望的那样成长
kids were, uh, what you’d expect.
不可能 – 是的 她就是个吸血鬼
No way. – Yep, a vampire.
所以他们装了特制窗户
That’s why they have special windows.
别担心 她白天找不到我们
Don’t worry. She can’t get us during the day.
但是到了晚上得离她远远的
But at night, stay far, far away.
但也不是每个人都怕我
But not everyone was afraid of me.
嘿 摩根 – 她到底怎么了?
Hey, Morgan. – What’s wrong with her?
她得了一种叫做XP的疾病
She has something called XP.
大致说来 阳光会对她造成伤害
Basically, the light from the sun, it hurts her.
所以她不能在太阳下活动
So she can’t ever go in the sun.
我也不能在太阳下呆太久
I can’t be in the sun for too long either.
她晚上能出来玩吗?
Can she play at night?
可以 但… – 那就今晚见!
Yeah, but… – See you tonight!
哦对了! 我喜欢披萨!
Oh! And I like pizza!
从那时起 家里就有我 摩根 还有我爸爸
From that point on it was me, Morgan, and my dad.
直到有一天
Until one day
我看见了查理 就是他
I saw Charlie, and that was it.
我完全被迷住了
I was completely, totally, utterly hooked.
该死的树
Stupid tree.
我每天都见到他 然而
I saw him every day. And yet,
他根本不知道我的存在
he had no idea I even existed.
随着时间的流逝 看着查理从我身边经过已成为我日常生活的一部分
Over time, watching Charlie go by just became a part of my routine.
除了经常去看医生
Along with constant doctor appointments,
我白天睡觉 晚上熬夜
sleeping during the day, and staying up all night, which,
据我所知 这是大多数青少年的日常
from what I’ve heard, is the schedule of most teenagers,
我每次一有机会就会玩音乐
and playing music every chance I get.
从各方面来看 我的生活还是相当不错的
All things considered, I’ve got a pretty great life.
但我仍然坚持我的梦想
But I still hold on to my dreams.
该死的树
Stupid tree.
不管看起来有多么的遥远
No matter how impossible they may seem.
杰里米·皮尔斯
Jeremy Pierce.
肯德尔·波特 – 祝贺你
Kendall Porter. – Congratulations.
彼得·拉斯巴德
Peter Rathbard.
查尔斯·里德
Charles Reed.
祝贺你 查理
Congratulations, Charlie.
凯蒂·普莱斯!
Katie Price!
你穿的什么?
What are you wearing?
哦 方帽长袍 怎么样? 教职员工都有一件
Oh. Cap and gown. Huh? The faculty and staff always wear one.
给你 – 谢谢
Here you go. – Thank you.
最重要的是 这是给你的
Most importantly, this is for you.
我想作为致辞代表 你准备好演讲了吗? 嗯?
I assume as Valedictorian, you have a speech prepared? Yes?
是的
Yes.
假装我戴上了眼镜
That’s me putting on my glasses.
我很喜欢 很不错 – 谢谢你
I like that. Nice touch. – Thank you.
首先 我要感谢我的校长
Um, first, lwould like to thank my headmaster.
哦 谢谢
Well, I mean, really.
我的西班牙语老师 – 不客气
My Spanish teacher. – De nada.
我的英语老师 – 这是我的荣幸
My English teacher. – It was my pleasure.
但我真的想声明 我的体育老师
But I really wanna state for the record that my gym teacher
完全不知道他在做什么 – 什么?
had absolutely no idea what he was doing. – What?
哦 你这小鬼! 我在举重
Oh, you suck! I lift weights.
嘿 这是给你的
Hey, this is for you.
这是我所见过的最蹩脚的东西之一
This is one of the lamest things I’ve ever seen.
是啊! 哈哈! 我去了三家店才找到这么蹩脚的东西
Yes! Ha-ha! I had to go to three stores to find something this lame.
我是说 这太恐怖了 – 是啊! 糟透了!
I mean, it’s horrific. – Yeah! It’s the worst!
好了 你准备好收礼物了吗?
All right. Are you ready for your present?
有礼物? – 对啊 有礼物!
There’s a present involved? – Oh, there’s a present, yes!
当然得有礼物 这是毕业典礼啊
Of course there’s a present. It’s graduation.
待遇真是越来越好了
This keeps getting better and better.
这是妈妈的
This is Mom’s.
听着 我知道有点旧了
Look, I know it’s kind of old,
如果你想要一个新的 我完全理解
so if you want a newer one I totally understand.
不! 我很喜欢 谢谢 太谢谢你了
No! I love it. Thank you. Thank you so much.
你看起来真像你妈妈
You look just like your mother.
和你一样 她身材很辣
Lucky you. She was hot.
好好睡一觉 好吗?
Try and get some sleep. All right?
不错啊
That’s a good one.
这里看着有点怪
Uh, something weird is going on right here.
嘿 爸爸 呃
Hey, Dad, um,
我在想我今晚能不能去火车站
I was wondering if I could go play my new beautiful present
弹奏我的新礼物?
at the train station tonight?
已经10点了
It’s 10:00.
为什么摩根不能过来? 你可以在这里为我弹奏啊
Why can’t Morgan just come over? You could play here for me.
摩根家里有事要忙 还有 爸爸 我是很喜欢为你弹奏
Morgan’s busy with her family, and, Dad, I love playing for you.
我真的喜欢 但我也需要习惯
I really do, but I also need to get used to
在别人面前弹奏
playing in front of other people, too.
求求你了
Please, please, please.
弗雷德会在那儿 他会照顾我的
Fred will be there. He’ll watch out for me.
而且我今天毕业了!
And I graduated today!
按照美国传统不是应该延长熄灯时间吗?
Isn’t that the American tradition, to extend my curfew?
好吧 我把你的熄灯时间延长一小时
Okay, I’ll extend your curfew one hour.
也就是12点 如何? 嘿
Which means midnight, okay? Hey.
你一到那里就给我发短♥信♥ 否则我就不会给弗雷德打电♥话♥
And text me right when you get there, or I’m not just gonna call Fred,
我会亲自过去 这样就会很尴尬
I’m actually gonna come down there. And it will be so embarrassing,
这将成为一个有关孩子们为什么应该遵守熄灯时间的都市传闻!
it will become urban legend on why kids should stick to their curfew!
我爱你
I love you.

Oh.
嘿 别那样 – 哪样?
Hey, don’t do that thing. What thing?
我是说 你看起来很伤心 这会让我也很伤心
That. I mean, you look all sad and it makes me sad.
你快喝了这罐啤酒 过来一起嗨!
Please just chug this beer and come hang out!
老兄 你躲过了一劫
Dude, you dodged a bullet, man.
否则你每天早上都会在黎明时分起床
You were gonna be up at the ass crack of dawn every morning,
参加考试 远离海滩
taking tests, nowhere near the beach.
现在我们能这样
And now, we get to do this
一辈子
our whole lives.
嗯 我忘了 一辈子都这样
Mmm. I forgot, doing this our whole lives,
这比获得伯克利大学的全额奖学金容易的多
it’s way better than a full ride to Berkeley.
佐伊·卡迈克尔 三点钟方向
Zoe Carmichael. Three o’clock.
查理 你惨了
Charlie. You’re in trouble.
这次我又怎么了?
What did I do this time?
你没请我喝东西
You didn’t get me a drink.
我不知道你渴了
I did not know you were thirsty.
现在你知道了
Now you do.
对不起 – 没关系
I’m sorry. – It’s okay.
还在疼吗?
Is that the bad one?
既然你不再游泳了
Well, now that you’re not swimming,
也许你可以多些时间陪我了
maybe you’ll have a little extra time for me.
我也有时间陪你 我也不游泳
I also have some extra time for you. And I’m not swimming.
你从来不游泳 白♥痴♥
You were never swimming, idiot.
佐伊! 快过来 你这烂货! – 马上就来!
Zoe! Get over here, bitch! – Hold on!
你会来参加我的毕业派对 对吗?
You’re coming to my graduation party, right?
嗯 我想我会的
Yeah, I think so.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!