C
“C…”
A
“A…”
K
“K…”
E
“E.”
她拼出蛋糕 就能吃蛋糕
She spells cake, she gets cake.
她还不知道这个词的意思
She doesn’t know what the word means yet…
但她总会懂的
but she will.
珀西
Percy.
我们别管她
We don’t need her.
你想学一个她不知道的词吗
How would you like to learn one she doesn’t know?
M很简单
“M” is easy.
I更容易 就把小指竖起来
“I” is even easier.. Just the pinkie up.
L
“L.”
K
” K.”
M 我不要和你说话 我在教珀西
” M.” Why should I talk to you? I’m teaching Percy.
MILK(牛奶)
M-I-L-K.
不行
No.
我在教珀西
I’m teaching Percy.
哦 你忌妒了
Ooh, you’re jealous.
M
“M…”
I
“I…”
L
“L…”
K
“K.”
至少你肯让我再碰你了
At least I’m back to where I can touch you.
你可以回去睡觉了 珀西
You can go back to bed, Percy.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我从没想过生活会如此安静
I never thought that life could be so quiet.
我也很想念她
I miss her, too.
安静 小宝贝 不要说话
Hush, little baby. Don’t say a word.
妈妈会给你买♥♥一只知更鸟
Mama’s gonna buy you a mockingbird.
如果知更鸟不唱歌♥
If that mockingbird don’t sing.
妈妈会给你买♥♥一枚钻石戒指
Mama’s gonna buy you a diamond ring.
安妮
Annie.
安妮 我睡不着
I can’t sleep, Annie.
我的房♥间里有老鼠
There are rats in my room.
我们不能去住别的地方吗
Can’t we live somewhere else?
我们没有别的地方去啊 吉米
We don’t have anywhere else,Jimmie.
拜托 我能和你一起睡吗
Please, can I sleep with you?
只有今晚能
Just for tonight.
安静 小宝贝 不要说话
Hush, little baby. Don’t say a word.
妈妈会给你买♥♥一只知更鸟
Mama’s gonna buy you a mockingbird.
如果知更鸟不唱歌♥
And if that mockingbird doesn’t sing.
妈妈会给你买♥♥一枚钻石戒指
Mama’s gonna buy you a diamond ring.

Flower.
叶子
Leaf.

Water.
不对
No.
不是苹果
Not “apple.”
是水
Water.
为什么这么难让你懂啊
Why is it so hard to understand?
我们正准备吃午饭了
We were just about to have lunch.
安妮老师 她还好吗
How is she, Miss Annie?
很好
Fine.
我昨天教她了针线活
I taught her that stitch yesterday.
现在她学的废寝忘食了
Now I can’t get her to stop.
没有她在 家里变得好安静
It’s so quiet in the house without her.
特别是上尉和詹姆斯不吵架的时候
Well, when the Captain and James aren’t bickering, that is.
我看得出来他们两个不合
I noticed they don’t get along.
哦 当詹姆斯妈妈还在世时 他们很好的
Oh, well, they used to when James mother was alive.
但后来有了海伦
But then Helen came along, and…
她占据了很多人的关注
well, she takes up so much of our attention.

Soup.
哦 真是个淑女
Ooh, such a lady.
没有勺子 她宁愿饿肚子呢
She’d rather starve than eat without a spoon.
才一周半 你就教她这么多了
You have taught her so much in a week and a half.
这还不够
It’s not enough.
仅仅顺从是不够的
Obedience is not enough.
她会比划这么多单词
She knows so many words.
要是她能懂这些词的意思就好了
If only she knew what they meant.
她要怎么学呢
And how will she learn?
就像鸟儿学会展翅那样 海伦会学会的
The way a bird learns to use its wings. It has to come.
可要怎么做呢 安妮老师
But how, Miss Annie?
我 需要 更多的 时间
I… need… more… time.
和她独处吗
Alone with her?
是的
Yes.
为什么不呢
Why not?
因为我办不到
Because I can’t.. I ..
拼出来
Spell it.
如果她学会了
If she ever learns,
你会是她第一个想对话的人
you’re the first person she’s going to want to talk to.
她 需要 我
She… needs… me.
她也需要我
She needs me, too.
不行
No.
安妮 你只剩三天时间了
You have 3 days, Annie.
你只有这些了
That’s all you have.
EGG
E-G-G.

Egg.
这个东西就是那个词的意思
The word is the thing.
它有名字的
It has a name.

Bird.
海伦 这只鸟要破壳而出了
The bird is coming out of its shell, Helen.
你 你也出来吧
You..You come out, too.
哦 弗朗西斯
Well, Francis,
我相信我们在这方面会有所成的
I believe we’re onto something here.
爸爸
Father?
你好 弗朗西斯 詹姆斯
Hello, Francis. James.
上尉
Captain.
我过来看看
Thought I’d come take a look around.
去年我们有个想法 然后尝试了一下
We had an idea last year and tried something,
种植间距为22英寸时
and it looks like 22 inches between the plants
产量会加倍
gives us about twice the yield.
产量加倍
Twice the yield?
去年的烟草霜霉病 灾害很严重
We had that blue mold pretty bad last year, sir.
我们认为就算是冬天 病菌也会滞留在根部
We think it’s carrying over the winter in the roots
所以我们打算在收获后
so we’re going to try to get all the roots and
把所有的根茎从地里挖出来
stalks out of the ground after the harvest.
根挖出来后 等下场大雨
Well, with the roots gone, we get a bad rain,
把表曾土壤冲刷掉
we stand to lose a whole layer of topsoil.
我也是这么想的
Well, I was thinking of that, too.
我们再种些矮草过冬吧
Let’s plant some low grass for the winter.
弗朗西斯 麻烦你去找一些吧
Look for some, would you, Francis?
爸爸 你有什么需要吗
Did you need something, Father?
吉米 我想已经没有了
I think I have it, Jimmy.
抱歉打扰你工作了
Sorry to interrupt.

Horse.

Horse…

eats…
苹果
apple.
我多么期待这一天的到来
How I have waited for this day.
我只希望结果不会令我们失望
I only hope we won’t be disappointed.
爸爸 海伦从没让你失望过啊
Helen doesn’t ever disappoint you, Father.
詹姆斯 你为什么忌妒啊
Why are you jealous, James?
我不是忌妒
I’m not jealous.
我是羡慕
I’m envious.
不仅仅是海伦 你也要学学怎么说话
It’s not only Helen who needs to learn how to talk.
如果海伦状况好一些 这里会大不相同的
Things will be very different here if Helen is better.
我知道
I know.
我的不快乐应该怪谁呢
Who will I blame then for my unhappiness?
要是有人帮我就好了
If only there was someone to help me.
我觉得我也像海伦一样需要一位老师
I feel I need a teacher as much as Helen does.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!