– Thanks. – Do you live in our building?
– 谢谢 – 你住在这里?
In the Kaufmans’ apartment. They’re in Europe.
对 住在卡夫曼家 我今年夏天会住在这里 他们到欧洲去了
I know you’ll be happy here. It’s a very quiet building.
真的太棒了 你住在这里一定会很愉快 这栋屋既漂亮又安静
No dogs,no children,just two interior decorators.
没有狗 没有小孩 只有两个室内设计师
And you,and of course,me.
你 当然还有我
– You all right? – Oh,sure,fine.
– 没事吧?- 当然没事 没事
Well,good night.
晚安
Good night.
晚安
Well,now.
好了
Maybe I should have asked her in for a drink.
我该请她喝一杯 只要做个好邻居而已
Make her feel at home. After all,we’re one big family here.
让她自在一点 毕竟我们现在是一家人了
Oh,no,no.
不 不
I’ve got to get to work on the Brubaker book.
我得看布鲁贝克的稿子 我真的得把它看完
I’m gonna talk to him about it tomorrow,so I better.
明天要跟他见面 所以得先把稿子看完
Of Man and the Unconscious,by Dr. Ludwig Brubaker.
男人的潜意识 路威格·布鲁贝克博士着
Some title.
这书名真烂
We’ll have to soup this one up,that’s for sure.
天啊 我得改掉书名 一定要改
Ten o’clock.
10点钟
Helen’s not gonna call till 10:00.
海伦10点钟才会打电♥话♥来
I hope this thing keeps me awake till 10:00.
希望这东西不会 令我10点前已睡了
Chapter three:
第三章
“The Repressed Urge in the Middle-Aged Male.
中年男性的压抑
Its Roots and Its Consequences.”
那是因 也是果
Helen has a lot of nerve calling me at 10:00.
海伦因为紧张 才会在10点打电♥话♥给我
It shows a definite lack of trust.
这显示她对我很没信心
What does she think I’m gonna do? Start smoking? Get drunk?
她以为她一走 我便会开始抽烟吗?喝醉酒
Or tattooed? Charlie… Big,green dragon.
或是去纹身?查理纹了一条大青龙 真是的
I bet she thinks I’ll have girls up here.
她一定是以为我会带女人回家
That’s terrible thing.
真的太可怕了
Seven years we’ve been married. I’ve never done anything like that.not once
结了婚7年 我从没做过那样的事 一次也没有
Don’t think I couldn’t have either. Because I could have,plenty.
别以为我不会做 因为我可以的 很多女人都喜欢我
Plenty.
真的很多
Don’t laugh,Helen.
不要笑 海伦
I happen to be very attractive to women.
告诉你 我对女人可真有吸引力
You’re attractive to me,dearing,but I’m used to you.
你对我有吸引力啊 亲爱的 当然了 因我嫁了给你
This isn’t a thing one likes to discuss his wife…
这话题不适合男人跟太太谈
But might you know,the women have been throwing themselves at me for years.
但你可能已察觉 多年来不断有女人对我投怀送抱
That’s right,Helen,beautiful ones,plenty of them.
没错 海伦 有很多美女爱我
– Acres and acres of them. – Name one.
– 数都数不完 – 说一个来听听
It’s hard just offhand,but there have been plenty of them.
这很难 实在多得记不清 真的很多
all right,you asked for it. Take my secretary,for instance.
好吧 是你自己要问的谈谈我的秘书吧
To you,she’s just Miss Morris,a piece of office furniture.
对你来说 她根本不值一提 摩丽丝小姐一个小秘书一个花瓶
Ten fingers to type my letters.
一个用十指帮我打文件的人
Well,let me tell you.
让我来告诉你吧
– Miss Morris. Did you type this letter? – Yes,Mr. Sherman.
– 摩丽丝 这封信是你打的吗?- 是的 舍曼先生
There are six errors in the first paragraph.
单单第一段你已打错了六处
– What is the matter with you? – But I
– 你是怎么了?- 我…
– Come on,what’s the matter with you? – I’ll tell you what’s the matter.
– 快说 摩丽丝小姐 你怎么了?- 我告诉你
I’m in love with you. I have been since the day I came here.
我爱上你 那就是我的问题我 第一天上班就已爱上你了
Deeply,madly,desperately,all-consumingly.
深深地 疯狂地 不可自拔地爱上了你 为了你 我什么都愿意
And to you I’m nothing,just a piece of furniture.
但你把我当作什么?什么也不是 只是一个花瓶一个小秘书
Ten fingers to type your letters with.
一个用十指帮你打文件的人
Mr. Sherman,take a look at me. I’m a woman,do you hear?
舍曼先生 看着我 我是个女人 一个女人 你听到了没有?
With flesh and blood and nerves and feelings!
我有血有肉 有神经有感觉
I’m in love with you. I need you,I want you. I want you…
我爱你 我需要你 我要你…
That will be all,Miss Morris.
就这样了 摩丽丝小姐
You remember that torn shirt,Helen? Now you know how it happened.
你还记得那件被撕破的衬衫吧?告诉你那是怎么一回事吧
It got torn at the laundry,that’s how it happened.
事实上 那是在中国人开的 洗衣店弄破的
What an imagination!
你的想象力大丰富了
you don’t realize,Helen,this about women and me:
海伦 你不明白的是 这就是我和女人之间的关系
I walk into a room and they sense it.
我一进房♥间 她们立即感觉得到
I arouse something in them,I bother them.
我燃起了她们心中的欲♥火♥ 我困扰着她们
It’s a kind of animal thing I’ve got. It’s quite extraordinary.
那是我原始的男性吸引力 那真的很特别
The only extraordinary thing is your imagination.
你唯一特别的就是你的想象力
Helen.Last winter when I had my appendix out…
海伦 去年冬天我开刀割盲肠时
…do you remember the nurse?
你还记得照顾我那护士吗?
Nurse? you mean that sweet,little old lady with the gray hair?
护士?你是说那可爱的灰发老女士吗?
That was the day nurse.
她是日班的
You never saw the night nurse,a certain Miss Finch.
但你没见过夜间的那个护士吧?芬丝小姐
Poor Miss Finch. She fought it as long as she could.
可怜的芬丝小姐 她挣扎了那么久
– But then one night… – Richard!
– 终于有一晚… – 理查德
Miss Finch,please,not again tonight.
芬丝小姐 不要 今晚不行
We have so little time.
我们的时间那么少
Soon they’ll take out your stitches and I’ll have lost you forever.
一旦他们帮你拆了线 我便将永远的失去你
Please,Miss Finch. There is such a thing as ethics.
不要 芬丝小姐 人应该要有道德的
Remember,you are a registered nurse.
当心 你是有执照的护士
Ethics? Once I had ethics. Once I was young.
道德?我曾有过 在我年轻时
Once I had ideals.Once I was registered! And then you happened.
在我还有梦想时 在我成为持照护士时 然后你出现了
Miss Finch,for five nights now you’ve been taking my pulse.
芬丝小姐 连续五晚你都来帮我量脉搏
I hard believe.Have you never noticed this simple band of gold?
我不相信 你没注意到我的冷淡
You’ve bothered me since they wheeled you into the operating room.
你使我困扰 当他们把你推入手术室时 我心如鹿撞
I can’t understand it. There’s this animal thing about you.
我不知为何 你有一种原始的男性吸引力
Please,Miss Finch,my adhesions.
不要 芬丝小姐 我的绷带…
Let’s crash out of here. Let’s steal an ambulance.
我们一起离开这里吧 偷一辆救护车逃到郊野去
You’re not fit to wear that uniform.
芬丝小姐 你不适合穿那制♥服♥
You’re rotten to the core.
你坏透了
Beat me till your arms ache.
打我吧 打到你手软为止
I’ll only come crawling back for more.
那只会使我更想要得到你
Miss Finch.You’re forcing me to take measures…
芬丝小姐 你逼我采取行动
…to protect you from yourself.
以免你伤害到自己
No,no!
不…
Put me down! Put me down!
不 放开我 放开我 不…
The moth and the flame,that’s what it was.
海伦 那就如飞蛾扑火一般
Poor Miss Finch. I hope I didn’t singe her wings too badly.
可怜的芬丝小姐 希望我没伤得她太重
You read too many books and see too many movies.
理查德 你看太多书和电影了
For instance,take Elaine. Your best friend,your bridesmaid.
不如拿你最好的朋友 也就是你的伴娘伊莲娜来说吧
Let me tell you about that weekend in Westport last summer.
我来告诉你去年夏天时 我跟伊莲娜在西港发生什么事
You were playing canasta,suspecting nothing.
当时你正在跟李德夫妇打牌 你一点也没留意到
Elaine and I went for a walk. Walk!
伊莲娜和我去散步 不只是散步
We went swimming,moonlight swimming.
我们还游了泳 在月光下游泳
What is this strange animal thing you have? It bothers me.
你这原始的男性吸引力 到底是什么?你使我心慌意乱
It’s bothered me since the first time I saw you.
第一次见你就已如此
And it’ll bother me always,from here to eternity.
以后也将永远不会改变
You must fight it,Elaine. Remember,I belong to another.
你得抵抗啊 伊莲娜 你要坚定一点 你得记住我属于另一个女人
Richard!
理查德
This can never be. I have a devoted,trusting wife at home.
这不可能的 你很清楚 我家有个美丽 爱我信任我的太太
And a freckle-faced little space cadet.
还有一个可爱的小孩
Richard.
理查德
Richard!
理查德
So,Helen,in light of the circumstances…
海伦 我只能说由此可知
…I resent your calling to check up on me.
你10点打电♥话♥给我是要检查我
Don’t worry about me.
但你真的不必担心我
Although I have tremendous personal magnetism…
记着 虽然我很有吸引力
…I also have strength of character.
我还是个很坚定的人
And tremendous imagination.
而且你的想象力很丰富
You’ve begun to imagine it Cinema scope,with stereophonic sound.
最近你开始幻想电影桥段 甚至加入了立体声
Well…

…back to work.
回去工作
Chapter three:
第三章
“The Repressed Urge in the Middle-Aged Male. Its Roots and Its Consequences.”
中年男性的压抑 那是因 也是果
Helen is worried. I just know she is.
海伦她很担心 我知她很担心
She plays it cool,but she can’t fool me.
她假装不在乎 但她骗不了我
Why else would she call in the middle of the night?
她很担心 不然她干嘛晚上还打电♥话♥回来?
She probably figures she isn’t as young as she was. She’s 31.
或许她认为自己不再年轻了她已31岁了
One day she’ll wake up and find her looks are gone.
当她明白自己美貌不再时 她该怎么办?
No wonder she’s worried.
难怪她会担心
I don’t look different than I did when I was 28.
尤其是我外表看来只像28岁
It’s not my fault,it’s just a simple biological fact.
不是我的错 这是与生俱来的
Women age quicker than men.
女人老得比男人快
I won’t look different when I’m 60. I have that kind of a face.
对 或许到了60岁 我还是这样子我这小白脸

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!