Everybody’ll think she’s my mother.
大家都会认为她是我的妈
Hello,Mother?
喂 妈
Oh,Helen!
海伦
I wasn’t expecting you to call till 10. Everything all right?
我以为你10点才会打来 还好吗?
Everything’s fine here. Seems pretty empty without you,though.
这里一切如常 但没有你使我很空虚
Just sitting out on the terrace…
没什么事?
…drinking,getting fractured on raspberry soda.
我只是坐在阳台上喝汽水而已
Little Ricky okay? Oh,he did?
瑞奇奇怎样?是吗?
He hasn’t done that for a long time. It’s the excitement.
他很久没那样了 可能是兴奋的关系
That’s nice.
没错
Not all
没有
Who did you meet on the train? Tom MacKenzie?
你在火车碰到谁?汤姆·麦肯齐?
What’s he doing up there?
他在那做什么?
My advice is to avoid Tom like the plague.
我建议你别走近汤姆·麦肯齐 10公尺范围内
I don’t want him carrying Ricky’s kayak.I don’t want him carrying Ricky’s kayak.
他帮瑞奇拿独木舟又怎样 不要让他拿瑞奇的独木舟
If anybody carries Ricky’s kayak,it’s gonna be you.
如要人帮瑞奇拿 那人便是你
How’s the weather? Cool?
天气如何?凉爽吗?
It’s steaming here,like an oven.
这里热死了 对 跟火炉一样
Yeah,I’m pretty tired myself.
对 我很累
Night. Good night,darling.
晚安 晚安 亲爱的
Chapter three:
第三章
“The Repressed Urge in the Middle-Aged Male.
中年男性的压抑
Its Roots and Its Consequences.”
那是因 也是果
Maybe a twist of lemon would help this,or a shot of Worcestershire.
加点青柠或酒或可令这好喝些
Hey,what’s the big idea?! You wanna kill somebody?
上面的 发生什么事?想谋杀吗?
– What’s the matter? – This great cast-iron pot…
– 怎么了?- 什么”怎么了”?
…practically killed me.Like…
你的大铁盆差点砸死我 那就是…
Oh,it’s you. Well,hello again.
是你啊 嗨 又见面了
What happened? Oh,the tomato plant fell over!
发生什么事?天啊 蕃茄盆掉了下去
It sure did.
没错
– I’m terribly sorry. – It’s nothing.
– 真的很抱歉 – 别担心 没什么
Look at that poor chair!
没什么?看看那张可怜的椅子
I’ll pay for it. I hope it’s not some priceless antique.
当然 我会赔偿给你 希望它不是什么价值连城的古董
– It’s just early Sears,Roebuck. – If there’s anything I can do…
– 别管它 不过是便宜货罢了 – 我有什么可以帮你呢?
Do what? There’s nothing to worry about.
帮我什么?真的 没什么好担心
I’m certainly glad you’re not mad. Now don’t touch it.
很高兴你不生气 答应我 你不会去碰它
I’ll have the janitor come down…
我明天会请人来处理的
…and take care of it. Good night.
我会付他5分钱 晚安
– Hey there! Wait a minute. – Yes?
– 等一下 – 什么事?
I’ll tell you one thing you could do.
你能帮我做一件事 如果你愿意的话
If you’re not doing anything else more important.
如果也有空的话
Would you have a drink with me?
你赏脸下来喝一杯吗?
– Thanks,I’d love it. – You would?
– 谢谢 我很乐意 – 你愿意?
Sure,it’d be fun.
当然 那一定会很好玩
Let me just go and put something on. I get dressed in the kitchen.
我去厨房♥穿件衣服后就过去
the kitchen.
厨房♥?
Yes.When it’s hot like this,you do know I do?
对 当天气这么热时 你知道我会怎么做吗?
I keep my undies in the icebox.
我把内衣放进冰箱里
– In the icebox? – See you in a minute.
– 冰箱里?- 一会见
In the icebox!
放进冰箱…
I really need it,Dr. Murphy. Honest I do.
墨菲医生 我真的很需要抽烟
Don’t worry,Dr. Murphy Just one,that’s all.
墨菲医生 别担心 只此一支
All those lovely injurious tars and resins.
焦油和松脂的味道爽极了
And now a small concession from Dr. Summers?
我都得跟你坦白啊 桑摩斯医生
Doctor,let’s be reasonable. Can’t fly on one wing.
桑摩斯医生 讲讲理 我无法毫无依靠地活下去
Okay,I’ll put some soda in it.
好吧 加点汽水
“Do you want to come in for a drink?” “I’d love it.”
你赏脸下来饮杯吗?谢谢 我很乐意
Just like that.
就像那样
A beautiful girl too. Must be a model or actress.
她还是个美女 一定是模特儿或演员
Atmosphere. I need a little atmosphere.
气氛 需要一点气氛
Tomato plant.
蕃茄
Fan caught in the door.
电风扇被门夹住了
What am I doing? This is absolutely ridiculous.
我到底在做什么?真的太可笑了
The first night Helen leaves,I’m bringing dames in here.
海伦才刚离开我就带女人回来
Take it easy.
放松
There’s nothing wrong with asking a neighbor down for a drink.
请邻居来喝一杯 没什么不对
I hope she doesn’t get the wrong idea.
只希望她不要会错意
If this dame thinks she’s in for a big time,she’s in for a surprise.
或许她认为可以下来大玩特玩 她会大吃一惊的
One drink and out! I’m a happily married man.
喝完一杯酒她就得回家 不错 我是个快乐的已婚男人
Maybe a little soft music.
或者我们该来点轻音乐
She’s probably getting all fixed up.
她可能在盛装打扮
She’ll probably wear some ice-cold evening dress.
她可能穿用冰箱冷藏过的衣服
Let’s see. Debussy,Ravel.
我来看看 德彪西 拉斐尔
Stravinsky. Stravinsky’d only scare her.
史特拉汶斯基 史特拉汶斯基只会吓怕她
Here’s the baby,Rachmaninoff. Give her the full treatment.
就是这了 拉赫玛尼诺夫 给她全套的享受
Come in like gangbusters.
一进来便充满震撼力
Good old Rachmaninoff.
是拉赫玛尼诺夫了
The Second Piano Concerto. Never misses.
第二钢琴协奏曲 从不出错的
You came. I’m so glad.
你来了 我很高兴
– Rachmaninoff. – The Second Piano Concerto.
– 是拉赫玛尼诺夫 – 第二钢琴协奏曲
– It isn’t fair. – Not fair? Why?
– 这不公平 – 不公平?为什么?
– Every time I hear it,I go to pieces. – Oh?
每当听到这曲子我便全身酥软
May I sit next to you?
可以坐在你旁边吗?
Please do.
请坐
It shakes me,it quakes me.
它敲打着 震撼着我
It makes me goose-pimply all over.
它让我的心都碎了
I don’t know where I am,or who I am,or what I’m doing.
我不知自己在哪 自己是谁 自己在做什么
Don’t stop,don’t stop. Don’t ever stop.
不要停… 千万不要停
– Why did you stop? – You know why I stopped.
– 为什么停下来?- 你知道我为什么停下来
– Why? – Because.
– 为什么?- 因为
Because now I’m going to kiss you…
我要拥你入怀亲吻你
…very quickly and very hard.
狂野奔放地亲吻你
One moment,my dear.
等一下 亲爱的
You came.
你来了
Yeah,I came for the rugs.
对 我是来拿地毯的
The rugs? What is it you want?
什么地毯?你想干嘛 克拉哈利先生?
The bedroom rugs. I promised Mrs. Sherman.
卧室的地毯 我答应舍曼太太来拿卧室的地毯
Look,Mr. Kruhulik–
听着… 先生
– It’s on account of the moths. – Forget the rugs.
– 夏天有很多蛀虫的 – 别管我的地毯
Forget? Your wife is gonna find them full of big,gaping holes.
别管?你太太回来时会发现地毯被蛀出个大洞来
Who’ll get blamed? The janitor.
那由谁负责?门房♥ 老是门房♥该负责
If you’re worried about.Pick them up tomorrow while I’m at the office.
如果你担心 为何不等我明早上班后再来拿?
I can’t. I’m taking the missus and the kids to the train.
明早不行 我明早要送太太跟小孩上火车
– They’re going to the country. – All right,in the afternoon then.
– 他们要去避暑 – 好吧 那么你明天下午再来拿
I can’t do it then. I’m going to the barber in the afternoon.
不行不行 我下午没空 我下午得去理发店
I’m gonna take a shave,haircut,manicure,the whole works.
去刮胡子 剪发 修甲 做个全套的美容
May be make face
或许会做面膜
I couldn’t care less. Come tomorrow evening,Come anytime just not now.
我全不在乎 你明天晚上再来 随时都可以 就是现在不行
Tomorrow evening? Do you know the maid from 531 Park?
明天晚上?你认识公园道531号♥ 那个女佣吗?
You must’ve seen her walking down the street with her fat poodle.
你应该看到她玲珑浮凸的身材吧?
What you talking about?
你在胡说什么?
Come now,we’re both summer bachelors. Don’t let’s be naive.
少来了 舍曼先生 我们都是夏天的单身汉 别扮君子
Good night,Mr. Kruhulik
晚安 克拉哈利先生
Big,fat poodle! He’s got four kids.
玲珑浮凸?他已有四个孩子了
Something happens to people in the summer. It’s disgraceful.
在夏天 这里的人都不太对劲 真可耻
It’s late. Where is she? This is ridiculous.
很晚了 她怎么还不来呢?太荒谬了
She could’ve been here,had her drink and gone home already.
她在做什么?她早就该下来喝杯酒然后回去
Ice,we’ll need ice.
冰 我们需要冰
Coming!
来了
Coming,coming!
来了
Hi!

It’s me. Don’t you remember?
是我 你认得吗?
The tomato from upstairs.
从楼上掉蕃茄的…
Of course,the tomato. Come in,please.
当然了 蕃茄的… 请进
Honestly,I don’t know how it happened.
我真的很不好意思 不知道是怎么发生的
I was watering the plants. I promised the Kaufmans I would.
我当时在浇水 这是我工作的一部分
then I living the hole
没有水管 我便用调酒器浇水
– I was using the cocktail shaker. It’s the only thing I found.- Cocktail shaker?
– 这是我唯一找到的 – 调酒器?
A little silver one. Then there was this terrible crash.
对 一个银色的小容器 然后 东西一下子便掉下去了
You could’ve been killed. It’s probably criminal negligence.
这可能会夺去你的生命的 或者这会构成误杀罪

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!