嗨 露丝
Hey, Rose.
嗨 黛娜
Hey, Dorothy.
我去找他
I’m gonna go over there.
我们等你
We’re waitin’.
阿尔文
Alvin.
史崔特 阿尔文
Alvin Straight!
露丝两个钟前出去了
Rose left a couple of hours ago.
我有大声叫露丝吗
Did you hear me hollerin’ for Rose?
我不是找她
I wasn’t lookin’ for Rose.
我今日没见过阿尔文
I haven’t seen Alvin today.
我有问吗
Did I ask?
史崔特 你迟到了
Straight, you’re late!
-进来老友 -阿尔文你这是…
-Come in, Bud. -What the…Alvin?!
你究竟在哪里
Where the hell are you?
我什么都看不见
I can’t see anything.
老友 这里
Over here, Bud.
看你脚下
Watch your step.
你这是在干嘛
What the hell’s going on?
躺在地上做什么
What are you doin’ layin’ on the floor?
傻呀 你一个钟前该去到酒吧
You nuts? Supposed to be down at Davmar’s one hour ago.
什么事
What’s going on?
天呐!
Oh, my God!
嘿 黛娜
Hey, Dorothy.
911的号♥码是多少
What’s the number for 911?
不 黛娜
No, Dorothy.
你究竟在干什么
What are you doin’?
我要打去酒吧说 我们不去了
I’ll call the bar and tell ’em we’re not comin’.
你疯了吗 有人中风呀
Are you crazy? We have a stricken man here.
阿尔文 你中风了吗
Are you stricken, Alvin?
黛娜 放下电♥话♥
Put the phone down!
爸爸 你们在吵什么
Dad, what’s all the yellin’?
你们 对我爸爸做了什么
Wh-what…uh, have you done to my dad?
有没有搞错
Oh, for cry eye!

Dad?
你没事吧 爸爸
Are you OK, Dad?
亲爱的 我需要人扶我起来
I just need a little help gettin’ up, honey.
我先去酒吧 马上回来
I’m goin’ to Davmar’s. I’ll be right back.
好的
OK, Bud.
我不去
I’m not goin’.

Dad.
我不去
I’m not goin’.
爸 你答应过我
You promised me, Dad.
史崔特先生 脱下衣服然后穿上袍子
OK, Mr Straight, put this robe on.
叫医生来就行了
Just bring me the doctor.
你喜欢鸟儿
You like birds.
我建…小鸟屋…给小鸟的屋子
I build…uh, birdhouses… uh, for bluebirds.
那很好
Oh, that’s nice.
彼得 他…出♥售♥我做的小鸟屋
Yeah, it’s Pete…uh, Pete sells my…
彼得的五金铺..有我的小鸟屋卖♥♥
uh, birdhouses… at the Ace Hardware.
我下次去一定留意
I’ll look for them next time.
不要手术
No operation.
今早你跌倒起不来 是你盘骨有问题
This morning you fall and can’t get up, that’s your hips, Alvin.
你需要用助行架
And you’ll need a walker now.
不要助行架
No walker.
好 那加多一枝手杖
Fine, a second cane, then.
你视觉模糊
You say you’re having trouble seeing.
可能是糖尿病引发
That could be a diabetes-related problem.
我想做些检查
I’d like to run some tests.
不检查 我们不够钱照x光
No tests and no X-rays.
我看见你吸烟
Well, I see and hear that you smoke.
估你是早期肺气肿
My guess is you’re in the early stages of emphysema.
你循环系统又有问题
And Alvin, you have circulation problems
我担心你的饮食
and I’m worried about your diet.
你若不尽快改进
If you don’t make some changes quickly,
会有严重的后遗症
there will be some serious consequences.
这个是…红屋顶
It…has a…a red roof.
露丝 又做了一个相当漂亮的小鸟屋
Another pretty one, Rose.
我想下一个屋顶做成蓝色的
I want to…uh, paint the…uh, next one blue.
好主意
That’s a good idea.
医生怎么说
What…uh, did the doctor say?
他说我长命百岁
He said I was gonna live to be 100.
我要去铲草坪
I think I’ll go and mow the lawn.
爸爸 让我来做
Uh, I can…uh, cut it for you, Dad.
我可以做的 放心
I got it, sweetheart.
该死
God darn!
我们今天不能铲草
No, we’ll… we won’t be mowin’ today.
风暴要来了
Storm’s comin’ in.
我最爱闪电暴风雨
Yeah. I love a lightnin’ storm.
爸 我也是
Uh, me too, Dad.
哈罗…是露丝
This is…is Rose.
赖尔叔叔…惨啦
Oh, no…
什么时候 好…好…我会跟他说
When? OK…right…right… I’ll tell him.
好…再见
Yeah… OK… Bye.
是波比
Uh, that was…Bobby.
说赖尔叔叔中了风
Uncle Lyle…had a… ..a stroke.

Dad?
没事 波比 他没说什么
No, Bobby, he…he didn’t say much.
他们都很…顽固
Uh, they’ve both… uh, been so… uh, stubborn.
不 我记得是更久之前
No, no, it was longer, I remember.
88年 7月7日
It was…uh, July, uh, 7th, 19…88, uh, Bobby.
波比 我一直记得日子
I always…remember the dates.
我不知道他有什么打算
I don’t know…uh, what he’ll do.
露丝 亲爱的
Rose, darlin’? Rose?
我要跑一趟
I’m gonna go back on the road.
露丝 我要跑一趟去见赖尔
I’ve gotta go see Lyle.
但是 爸
But, Dad…
怎么
How are you…?
我还没想到
Well, I…haven’t quite got that figured yet.
第一 你视力不好 不能驾车
One, your eyes are bad. That’s why you don’t… uh, drive your car.
第二 赖尔叔叔住在 威斯康辛州
Uh, two, Uncle Lyle… uh, lives in…uh, Wisconsin,
那是 三百七十里的路程
which is…uh, 317 miles away.
你要在公路上过夜
You would have to…uh, stay all night…in Des Moines.
况且没有巴士到锡安山
Then there’s no… uh, bus…to Zion.
第三 你盆骨扛不住
Three, your…uh, hips are bad.
站两分钟都艰难
You can hardly…uh, stand…
而且你站起来的时候
for two minutes… And when you…uh, do stand up…
都颤颤巍巍的了
this…is the sound you make… when you…stand.
第四 你已经73岁了…
Uh, four, uh, you are…uh, 73 years old…
你出生时
You were…uh, born
还是古列治做美国总统的时代
when, uh, Calvin…uh, Coolidge was president…of America.
但现在你已73岁了 爸爸
Uh, you are… uh, 73 years old, Dad.
我又不能开车送你
And…I cannot drive you there.
露丝 我还没死呢
Rose, darlin’, I’m not dead yet.
爸 我们在做什么
Uh, what are we… uh, building, Dad?
开派对去吗
Havin’ a party?
哎呀 派对我喜欢
Oh, jeez,… I love…uh, parties.
我也是
Oh, me too.
在哪里开派对
And so…where’s it at?
什么哪里
Where’s what at?
你不是要开派对吗
Your…uh, party.
我没有
I’m not havin’ a party.
我以为你要
I thought YOU were havin’ a party.
我有吗
I am?
那么多德国肝肠…
Well, yeah. Look at all that Braunschweiger.
噢 很多呵
Oh, yeah, it’s a lot of Braunschweiger.
我爸爸出门需要的
It’s…uh, for my dad, uh, for his…his trip.
我爸爸要去 去威斯康辛州
Uh, my dad… he’s going to…uh, Wisconsin.
我问他怎么去
I…asked him how he’s…uh, going to get there…
他什么也不讲
Uh…but he… uh, won’t say nothing.
威斯康辛州 开派对的好地方
Wisconsin? That is a real party state.

1
2
3
4
5
6
前一篇文章偷龙转凤
下一篇文章拍拖故事
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!