有晚 别人替她照顾小孩时
One night, somebody else was watchin’ the kids
突然失火
and there was a fire.
小儿子严重烧伤
Her second boy got burned real bad.
虽不是露丝的错失
Rose had nothin’ to do with it but, ah…
但州政♥府♥觉得
..on account of the way Rose is, the State figured
她无能力照顾孩子
she wasn’t competent to take care of them kids
于是将孩子带走
and they took ’em all away from her.
她没有一天不挂念她的孩子
There isn’t a day goes by that she don’t pine for them kids.
我的孩子小时候 我常常跟他们玩个游戏
When my kids were real little, I used to play a game with ’em.
每人派一支棍子
I’d give each one of ’em a stick and
然后叫他们 将棍子折断
one for each one of ’em -then I’d say ”you break that.”
当然很轻易办到
‘Course they could, real easy.
再叫他们把棍子绑起来
Then I’d say ”tie them sticks in a bundle
再尝试折断
and try to break that”.
这当然不成功 然后我说 那就是家人团结的力量
‘Course they couldn’t. Then I’d say ”that bundle… ..that’s family.”
你不如睡拖车
Why don’t you sleep in the trailer?
我睡这里就可以
This chair’sjust fine for me tonight.
不 睡这里看星星
No, I’ll be fine sleepin’ out here.
有我思考
Lookin’ at the stars helps me think.
谢谢
Thank you.
这个是…
What the…?
什么
What the hell?
喂 你还好吗 我没事
Hey, how’re you doin’? I’m fine
喂 爱莲
Hey, Irene.
年轻时不会想到老年
You don’t think about gettin’ old when you’re young.
不应该想
You shouldn’t.
老也有老的好处
Must be something good about gettin’ old.
额 我无法想象变得又瞎又跛能有什么好的
Well, I can’t imagine anything good about being blind and lame
虽说如此 但仍然…
at the same time, but…still
在我这个年纪 什么事情都见过了
at my age, I’ve seen about all
生活必须有舍弃
that life has to dish out.
我知道将小麦从谷壳中分离出来
I know to separate the wheat
忘记些没用的事情
from the chaff and let the small stuff fall away.
走吧 先生
Let’s go, man.
那么 对于年老的人最坏的是什么 阿尔文你觉得呢
So, ah…what’s the worst part about being old, Alvin?
最坏的就是想起年轻时候的自己
The worst part of being old is rememberin’ when you was young.
女士 有什么可以帮助你的
Can I help you, lady?
不 你帮不了我 谁也帮不了我
No, you can’t help me. No one can help me.
我已经试着把灯开着 狂按喇叭
I’ve tried driving with my lights on, sounding my horn!
我尖叫 摇下窗户并且敲打车门
I scream, I roll the window down and bang on the door
我还把”公敌”播放得很大声
and play Public Enemy real loud!
我连春哥都拜过了
I’ve prayed to St Francis of Assisi, St Christopher too!
真见鬼 我尝试了所有一切
What the heck! I’ve tried everything and still every week
可是每周至少还是会撞到一头鹿
I hit at least one deer!
7周内我已经在这条路上撞了13头小鹿
I have hit 13 deer in seven weeks driving down this road!
我还必须每天40英里的速度
And I HAVE to drive down this road every day,
开车从这条路去工作
40 miles to work and back.
我不得不去工作然后回家
I HAVE to drive to work and I HAVE to drive home!
它们从哪儿来
Where do they come from?
噢…已经挂了
Oh…he’s dead.
我是那么喜爱鹿
And I LOVE deer.
是啊 确实应该找个合适的地方
Well, they sure picked the right place to practise a burn on.
那里太碍眼了
That Rumelthanger place was an eyesore.
你应该做些啥…
What do you suppose…?
那是一个割草车吗
Is that a lawn mower?
先生 你还好吗
Mister, you OK?
先生 你该庆幸她没辗着你
Jeez, mister, you’re lucky she didn’t roll on you.
我觉得有什么坏掉了
I guess the belt broke.
意料之中
I wouldn’t be surprised.
你那拖车没刹车是吧
You don’t have brakes on that trailer, right?
我为农机厂工作30年了
I worked for John Deere for 30 years,
你不该用铲草车拖着拖车下去的
you shouldn’t be hauling a rig behind a mower.
至少不是这样下那种山
At least not down a hill like that.
我是丹尼 瑞丹
I’m Danny Riordan.
阿尔文 史崔特
Alvin Straight.
阿尔文 让我们帮你把这东西停在路边
Alvin, let’s get you and this rig off the road
看看哪里坏了
and see what the damage is.
我们把它停在这里
Let’s get this off the road.
你还好吗
Sure you’re OK?
是的
OK.
你可以吗 一切都还好吗 那我们回去做事了
You OK? Everything all right? I’m going back to the exercise.
谢谢 太感激你了
Thanks. Appreciate it.
让我们来看看这个机器
Well,…let’s take a look at this mower.
这是65还是66的机器 -66年的
-This is what ’65, ’66? -’66.
现在我告诉你 阿尔文
Well,…tell you right now, Alvin,
今晚你哪儿都不能去
you won’t be going anywhere tonight.
引擎都快磨损完了
Aside from your, ah, drive belt being busted,
你的传动系统也问题
you got transmission problems.
-你想去哪儿 -锡安山
-Where you headed? -Mount Zion.
锡安山 威斯康辛州吗 草场过去的那个
Mount Zion, Wisconsin? Past Prairie du Chien?
那是60多英里的山
That’s 60 more miles of hills.
要穿过密西西比河
That’s across the Mississippi.
锡安山有什么 阿尔文
What’s in Mount Zion, Alvin?
我哥哥住在那里
My brother lives there.
-你为何不开车去 -我没有驾照
-Why didn’t you take your car? -I’m not licensed.
-他不能来看你吗 -他中风入院了
-Couldn’t he visit? -He’s had a bad stroke.
你从哪儿来
Where are you coming from?
后面
Back a piece.
西部联盟
West Union?
-衣阿华 -不是
-Hawkeye? -Nope.
不会是新汉普顿吧 你不会是从那么远来的吧
Well, not New Hampton? You haven’t come that far.
你已经走了很漫长的路了 是吗
You’ve come a long ways, haven’t you?
是的 劳伦斯 爱荷华州
Yeah, I have. Laurens, Iowa.
劳伦斯
Laurens?!
那是西部的格罗托 你在路上多久了
That’s west of The Grotto. How long have you been on the road?
今天几号♥
What’s the date?
10月8号♥了
October eighth.
5周了 我是9月15号♥天离开劳伦斯的
Five weeks. I left Laurens on the fifth of September.
你一直住在那拖车上啊
You been bunkin’ in that?
那是我的移♥动♥房♥子
That’s my rollin’ home.
你在哪里安营扎寨
Where you been settin’ up camp?
在田野里 我晚上休息不赶路
In the fields. I pull off. I don’t travel at night.
你独自一个人的时候不害怕吗
Haven’t you been scared, being alone?
到处都有奇怪的人
There are weird people everywhere.
夫人 我参加过二战
Well, ma’am, I fought in the trenches in World War II.
我还会怕爱荷华州的田野吗
Why should I be scared of an Iowa cornfield?

Well, um…
在我们修好机器之前…
till we get this mower fixed…
何不在我家院子住一晚
why don’t you…ah, bivouac in our yard here?
车♥库♥里有浴室你可以使用
There’s a bathroom in the garage you can use.
您真是太慷慨了
Well, that’s awful generous of you
我的车应该也会同意的
and I’m sure my machine here is agreeable to that too.
谢谢今天帮助我的人们
Sure wanna thank you folks for helping me today.
估计是要下雨
There’s a lot of rain forecast.
不用住那个拖车里了
Sure don’t want to get stuck in that trailer.
我…我做一点木匠活 我想你会想要一些新鲜东西
I…I do a little woodwork. I thought you’d like a few fish.
我女儿是个木匠 她会做小鸟屋
My daughter does woodwork. She makes birdhouses.
噢 那太好了
Oh, that’s nice.
-你弄好了吗 -我想是的
-You finished there? -I believe I am.
-我想打个电♥话♥ -当然可以 进来吧
-I’m in need of a phone. -Sure. Come in.
我想告诉我女儿我的近况
I wanna tell my daughter about my recent travels.
请进吧
Sure. Come in.
真是不好意思了 你有无绳电♥话♥吗
If it’s all the thing with you, do you have a cordless phone?
门是开着的 进来吧
-Door’s wide open, come… -I can call from out here.
给你 你可以坐在厨房♥里打 不用客气的
Here you go. You’re welcome to sit in the kitchen.
如果你需要一些私人空间我们可以离开
We can leave, if you’re lookin’ for privacy.
出去比较好 这里的区号♥也是712吗
Out here’s fine. Is the area code still 712 here?
不是 阿尔文 那样你会拨♥打♥到319
No, Alvin. That hill rolled you into 319.
你要拨♥打♥你的地方的区号♥
You need to dial one and your area code.
是712 谢谢
712, thank you.

1
2
3
4
5
6
前一篇文章偷龙转凤
下一篇文章拍拖故事
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!