保罗 纽曼 主演
裁决
大卫 马梅 编剧
西德尼 吕美特 导演作品
蒂夫人 这位是弗兰克 高尔文
Mrs Dee, this is Frank Galvin.
他是我们的一位好朋友 是个好律师
He’s a good friend of ours,and a very fine attorney.
对您丈夫所遭遇的事 我深表遗憾
Well, it’s just a shame what happened to your husband, Mrs Dee. He was a…
据我所知 他是个非常好的人
I knew him vaguely at the Lodge.He was a wonderful man.
发生这种事真的很不幸 这简直就是犯罪
It was a crime what happened to him.It was just a crime.
有什么我能帮得上忙的话 不要犹豫
If I can help, uh, in anyway,
随时给我打电♥话♥
don’t hesitate to call.
那 就这样吧
well
这个也许会用得上
If this can help in any way…
这是什么
What is that?
是我的名片
Oh. Um… It’s my card.
你到底是什么人
What the hell is that?
我是你父亲的朋友
I was a friend of your father’s.
你根本就不认识我父亲
You never knew my father.
滚出去
Get out of here.
– 你以为你是谁 – 打扰了 克利夫人
– Who the hell do you think you are? – Excuse me, Mrs Cleary.
你以为你算什么东西
Who the hell do you think you are?
– 嘿 你认识我 – 不要让我在这看到你
– Hey, you know me. – I don’t want you coming back here ever!
– 明白吗 – 我只是想和那家伙聊几句
– You understand? – I was just talking to the guy!
里面可全都是失去了亲人的人 懂么
Those are bereaved people in there!
威廉 F 斯宾塞殡仪馆
帕特说道 “听说开了间新酒吧”
So Pat says…He says “They got this new bar,
“你只要去了 就可以半价买♥♥到啤酒还提供免费的午餐”
and you go inside, and for half a buck you get a beer, a free lunch
“然后还会有人带你进里屋 陪你上♥床♥ ”
they take you in the back room and get you laid.”
– 再来一杯吗 弗兰克 – 是啊 这轮我请
– Another one, Frankie?- Yeah. Everyone.
迈克说道 “慢着 慢着 你等等”
Mike says “Now wait a minute,wait a minute, wait a minute.”
“这家新酒吧 只要花一半的钱 他们就卖♥♥啤酒给你
“There’s a new bar, and you go inside,and for half a buck
午餐还是免费的 然后还有人和你上♥床♥吗
they give you a beer,a free lunch and they get you laid?”
帕特说”是啊” “那你去过那酒吧了?”
Pat says “That’s right.” “Have you ever been in the bar?”
他说”没有 但我姐姐去过”
He said “No, but me sister has.”

Hey!
好的 敬各位
Oh, yeah. Everyone.
弗兰克
Frankie?
弗兰克 你没事吧
Frankie! Frankie, you all right?
噢 弗兰克
Oh, Frankie.
来吧 起来
Come on, get up.
站起来 弗兰克 老天
Get up, Frank! Oh, Christ.
这里怎么了
What the hell’s goin’ on here?
你都干了些什么
What have you been doin’?
我接到了莎莉 丹芙打来的电♥话♥
I got a call from Sally Doneghy.

Who’s that?
十天后就要上法庭了 你甚至还没见过他们
You’re in court in ten days,and you haven’t even met with them yet.
莎莉 丹芙是谁
Sally Doneghy? Who is that?
一年半以来 你只得到这一个糟糕的委托
One lousy letter in 18 months.
我试着给你联♥系♥些业务 但看看你这副德性
I try to throw a case your way,and look at ya.
弗兰克
Frankie,
我已经说服他们信任你
I got these people to trust you.
他们中午就会过来 但看看这儿 乱七八糟
They’re gonna be here at noon,by the way, and look at this shit.
我已经找了这方面专家医生和你谈
I got this expert doctor to talk to ya.
还记得提过的那个格鲁伯医生吗
Remember his name? Dr Gruber?
18个月以来 我一直都他妈的在为你跑腿
It’s been 18 months, and I’ve been doin’ all the fuckin’ legwork.
现在只有不到两周 你就要上法庭了
You’re due in court in less than two weeks,
我敢打赌 你甚至还没有看过那些该死的资料
and I bet you haven’t even looked at the goddamn file.
你是谁啊 我的保姆么
What are you, my nanny?
听我说 弗兰克
Now listen to me, Frankie.
仔细听好 弗兰克 我他妈做这一切都是为你好
Frankie, listen to me, cos I’m done fuckin’ with ya.
我已经无法忍♥受了
I can’t take this any more.
我看你是改不了
I mean, you’re not gonna change.
看看你周身上下 你有什么变化
Look around ya.I mean, what’s gonna change?
你觉得这样下去 什么时候会好转呢 下周 下个月吗
You think it’s gonna be any different next week, next month?
该死的 还不是一切照旧
It’s gonna be the same goddamn thing.
这回我可是给你找了个好案子
Now I got you a good case.
这会是颗摇钱树
It’s a moneymaker.
只要把案子做好 会给你带来不少的好处
You do it right, it’ll take care of ya.
现在 我退出了 明白吗
But I’m through, you understand?
我是说 我他妈受够了
I mean, I can’t take this shit any more.
人生太它♥妈♥的♥短暂了 弗兰克
Life’s too fuckin’ short, Frankie.
而我也他妈的已经老了
I’m gettin’ too fuckin’ old.
加里法官来电 确认明日午餐会面
伊莱恩
见鬼
Fuck!
请让一让 先生
Excuse me, sir.
你好 丹芙女士 我是弗兰克 高尔文
Mrs Doneghy. Hi. Frank Galvin.
– 为什么不进屋等呢 – 门锁上了
– Why didn’t you go in? -It’s locked..
锁了么
Locked?
对不起
I’m sorry.
老天 真抱歉让您在在门外等了这么久
God, I hope I hope this didn’t put you out.
让我看看
Let me see here…
请进 我来给您倒杯咖啡 噢
Come on in. I’d get you a cup of coffee, but, uh,
看起来 我的秘书出去了
looks as though my girl went out.
这是个不幸的案件 但却是一个很好办的案件
It’s not a good case, it’s a very good case.
一个年轻健康的女人被送进医院 为第三个孩子分娩
A young, healthy woman goes into a hospital to deliver her third child, and…
却让人无法理解的被误用了麻醉剂
Well, it’s just beyond comprehension.She’s given the wrong anaesthetic.
– 我们都很爱她 凯文和我 – 这点我很确定
– We love her, Kevin and me. – I’m sure you do.
可我们能怎么办呢 她现在都无法清醒
But what can we do? She don’t know who’s visiting her.
我知道 我去过了
Mm-hm. I know. I went.
– 你去看过她了吗 – 是的
– You saw her?- Oh, yes.
我妹妹 你知道她以前有多美吗
My sister?You know how beautiful she was?
她的 丈夫抛下了她 带走了孩子
Her, uh… husband left her,and he took her kids.
这就是他们
They, uh,
他们会任由她死在那里
they let you die in there.
他们才不在乎 也没人关心她的死活
They don’t care. Nobody cares.
阿灵顿爱国者之家 承诺可以接收长♥期♥护理她
The Patriot Home, the Chronic Care in Arlington? They’d take her in.
是永久的看护 需要支付他们5万美元
Perpetual care.$50,000 they want in endowment.
五万美元么
50,000?
我不想丢下她 可凯文 他..
I don’t wanna leave her. Kevin, he, uh…
劳克林神父也说这就是命运
And Father Laughlin,he said it was God’s will.
我明白
Well, I understand.
我的医生叮嘱我最好搬去西部生活 所以我们提出了起诉
My doctor told me I gotta move out West.That’s when we filed in court.
– 我们其实也不想起诉 – 这点我理解
– We didn’t wanna sue. – Oh, I understand that too.
凯文想我们搬去图森市待上两年
But Kevin’s looking for two years in Tucson.
他们给他来过电♥话♥ 邀请我们过去
They called him up and they said to come out.
他是个好人 只是想做正确的选择
He’s a good man.He’s only trying to do what’s right.
请进
Come on in.
这就是我丈夫
This is my husband.
快进来 请坐
Come on in. Sit down.
我和您妻子说了很抱歉不得不在这谈 有个高等法♥院♥的案子
I told your wife, I’m sorry we have to meet out here, but I got a case in superior court.
– 它的文件把里屋弄得到处都是 – 没关系
– The place is full of papers. – That’s all right.
– 我也说过了这个案子很好办 – 他去北部护理院看过她了
– I was also telling her you got a good case. – He saw her at Northern Care.
我也许会从格鲁伯医生那 得到一些重要的确凿的证词
I may get some very important corroborating testimony from a Dr Gruber.
当然让一位医生公开指证
It’ll be a problem getting one doctor to testify
另一位同业医生的过失有些困难 不过..
that another doctor’s negligent, but…
大主教管区来过电♥话♥ 询问我们的律师是谁 案子开庭在即
The archdiocese called and said who was our attorney, cos the case is coming to trial.
这个嘛 我很怀疑这个案子需不需要上法庭
Well… I doubt very much that the case will ever come to trial.
我们和他们说了 我们也不希望闹上法庭
We told them we didn’t want it to come out this way
我完全理解
I completely understand.
– 你看 我们只是 – 我们只是不能再这样拖下去了
– See, we just, uh… – We just can’t do it any more.
这是我们解脱的机会
This is our chance to get away.
我会让你们得到这个机会的
I’m gonna see that you get that chance.
这案子要花多少钱
How much is this gonna cost?
要不了多少 按照紧急案件收费标准
It’s not gonna cost you anything.It’s done on a contingency basis.
我会收取赔偿金的三分之一
Whatever the settlement is, I retain a third.
这就是正常行业收费标准了 你们可以各处打听一下
But that’s normal procedure.You can check around.
怎么样
OK?

OK.
他叫弗兰克 高尔文 毕业于波士顿学院 52级 班里排名第二
His name is Frank Galvin. Boston College,class of ’52, was second in his class.
曾任法律评论编辑 与米奇 莫里西共事12年
Editor of the Law Review.Worked with Mickey Morrissey 12 years.
负责刑法和人身伤害案件 1960年和帕特丽夏 哈灵顿结婚
Criminal law and personal injury.Married Patricia Harrington, 1960.
同年 作为合伙人加入斯坦恩 哈灵顿&皮尔斯律师事务所
Joined Stearns, Harrington, Pierce,1960, as a full partner.
1969年因“里特家”案件辞任该公♥司♥

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!