– And what else do you do? – Uh…
找出他在这12场医疗纠纷案件中的证词
Get the record of his testimony in the 12 malpractice cases.
不错 准备开庆功宴吧
Do that. We’ll be at Locke-Ober’s.
在当时的情况下 他们给她错用了麻醉剂
They gave her the wrong anaesthetic,under the circumstances.
为什么这么说
Why is that?
她姐姐证实 她在入院前一小时吃过东西
Her sister said she ate one hour prior to admittance.
那是她姐姐的说法 入院记录上显示可是九小时前
That’s what her sister says. The admittance form says she ate nine hours prior.
她当时提出自己有恶心感觉
She went in complaining of nausea.
一个称职的医生应该会注意到病历上的这点
A good doctor would have doubted the information on the chart.
那一个称职的医生应该会怎么做呢
Is that what a good doctor would do?
– 医生 您多大年纪了 – 我已经74岁了
– How old are you, Doctor? – I’m 74 years old.
是什么让您觉得自己是麻醉学方面的专家呢
And what makes you an expert in anaesthesiology?
我就职于东汉普顿女子医院 从事麻醉工作
I’m on the staff of anaesthesiology,Easthampton Hospital for Women.
东汉普顿区的女子医院吗
The Easthampton Hospital for Women?
那是哪 开玩笑吗 让我来告诉你些事情 汤普森医生
What is that, a joke?Let me tell you something, Doctor.
圣凯瑟琳的这两名医生 不仅在这个城市而且在世界上都是闻名遐迩的
Those men at Catherine Labour , known not only in this city but in the world,
他们竭尽全力地救了这女人的命
were trying to save a woman’s life.
他们在那救人 而时隔四年 您却在这儿无端…
They were there.And here you are, four years later…
我对受害人做过耐心详细的身体♥检♥查 先生
I made a detailed physical examination of the patient, sir.
她 那她在那里得到了很好的治疗吗
Is she, uh… is she getting good treatment over there?
事实上 是的 并不能说没有得到好的治疗 可是..
Well, actually, it’s…Yes. Well, it’s by no means bad, but…
那为什么要诋毁这样两个
What’s the point of ruining the reputation of two men
试图救治命悬一线姑娘的医生的声誉呢
to try to help a girl whose life’s not gonna be changed in the least?
你知道什么是“蓝色代码”吗
You know what Code Blue is?
蓝色代码..
Code Blue…
是常用的医疗术语
It’s a common medical term.
我们会输的
We’re gonna lose.
你觉得这是我的错吗
You think it’s my fault?
一定还有什么办法可以争取挽回
Well… there must be something you can do.
这不重要了
That’s not the point.
这官司完了
It’s over.
你一定认为是我的错吧
Do you think it’s my fault?
我本应该..
That I could have, uh…
不 我不想 可
No. But…
噢 天呐 真不应该接这案子 我根本没机会赢
Oh, God. I never should have taken it.There was no way I could win.
就这么完了吗
And it’s over?
是啊 都结束了
Yeah, it’s over.
我以为陪审团做出裁决时 这案子才算完
But I thought it wasn’t over until the jury comes in.
– 谁告诉你的 – 是你
– Who’d you hear that from? – From you.
你想告诉我你后悔了
You want me to tell you it’s your fault.
好吧 也许吧 可接下来你该怎么办呢
OK, it probably is.But what are you gonna do about it?
– 我就是想和你谈谈 我想 也许 – 也许能从我这得到一些同情么
– I wanted to talk to you. I thought maybe… – You maybe could get some sympathy?
那你来错了地方了
You came to the wrong place.
你怎么变的这么不尽人情了
What makes you so tough?
– 也许你早晚会知道 – 就是现在吗
– Maybe I’ll tell you later. -ls there gonna be a later?
如果你不成熟起来 就只会像个星期天晚上来找妈妈的孩子一样
Not if you don’t grow up. You’re like a kid,coming in here like it’s Sunday night.
要我说你发烧了 这样你就不用去学校了
You want me to say you have a fever so you don’t have to go back to school.
– 你为什么不能理解呢 – 我明白 弗兰克 相信我 我全明白
– Why won’t you understand? – I do understand, Frank. Believe me, I do!
你说你会输了这场官司 念叨着 “这是我的错吗”
You say you say you’re gonna lose, “Is it my fault?”
这该死的官司明天才开始 可对你来说已经都结束了
The damn case starts tomorrow,and already it’s over for you.
– 的确是完了 – 你想成为一个失败者吗
– It is over. – You wanna be a failure?
去别的地方博取同情吧 我不会继续在一个失败者身上浪费时间
Then do it someplace else! I can’t invest in failure, Frank, any more.
绝不
I can’t.
对不起
Excuse me.
弗兰克
Frank?
弗兰克
Frank.
请别 请你别
Please don’t… please…
求你
please…
求你别再给我压力了
please don’t pressure me.
请不要
Please don’t.
我 我会竭尽所能来帮你和你妹妹
I, uh… I’m gonna do the best that I can for you and your sister.
我知道这结果对你意味着什么 对我来说也意义重大
I know how much it means to you,and it means that much to me, too.
– 感觉怎么样 – 很好
– How ya holding up? – Good.
全部筹码都压在这个”巫医”身上了哈
All we have is the witch doctor, huh?
– 是啊 – 看看这个 弗兰克
– Yeah. – Well, look at it this way, Frankie.
每次一个医生上庭辩解自己没撒谎 都很让人起劲
It’s refreshing every time a doctor takes the stand he’s not a Jew.
全体起立
All rise!
听好了 所有矗立神圣法庭之人
Hear ye, hear ye. All persons having anything to do before the Superior Court
波士顿高等法庭批准你们出席听审
now sitting at Boston, draw near, give your attendance and you shall be heard.
上帝保佑马萨诸塞州 就坐
God save the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Be seated.
黛博拉 安 凯伊指控圣凯瑟琳教工医院
Deborah Ann Kaye versus St Catherine Labour Hospital
以及罗伯特 S 托勒 谢尔登 F 马♥克♥思♥医生案
and Robert S Towler MD and Sheldon F Marx MD.
控方准备好了吗
Is the plaintiff ready?
– 是的 法官大人 – 辩方呢
– We are, Your Honour.- Defence?
– 是的 法官大人 – 现在开庭
– Ready for the defence, Your Honour. – Let’s begin.
法官大人
Your Honour,
陪审团的女士们 先生们
uh, ladies and gentlemen of the jury,
今天在座审理的是一庄可怕的案件
it’s a terrible thing to sit in judgment.
此案也备受关注
So much rides on it.
我知道你们也许在想 怎样才能做出纯粹的判断
Uh… I know that you have thought “How can I be pure?”
怎么能
“How can, uh,
怎么能做到公正而不冷酷
how can I be impartial without being cold?”
“我该怎么做”
“How can I be, um,
既仁慈又不失公正
merciful, and still be just?”
我知道你们中有些人今天做过祈祷
I know that some of you have said prayers today
祈祷能够做出公正的审判
to be helped to judge correctly.

Uh…
被告方都是极具声望的 他们是
We have the reputation of two men, two, um,
我们面前备受尊重的医生
well-respected doctors before us,
以及一家知名医院
and a renowned hospital.
除了他们外 我们还看到了
And with them we have
黛博拉 安 凯伊 我的当事人
my client, Deborah Ann Kaye,
她被剥夺了视力
who was deprived of sight,
表达能力 听力
of speech, of hearing,
以及自♥由♥行动的能力..
of locomotion, of…
被夺走了那些她生命中曾经拥有的一切
Well, in short, everythingthat constitutes her life.
我们将证明 这一切都是被告的疏忽所造成的
We will prove that she was deprived through negligence,
正是因为这些受人尊敬的医生的过失
through the negligence of these respected men.
我们会证明…
Uh, we will show, one…
他为什么去找莫琳 罗妮呢
Why did he go to see Maureen Rooney?
她是唯一没有为医生作证的护士
She’s the only nurse who isn’t testifying.
– 那他得到了什么 – 什么都没得到
– And what did he find? – Nothing.
你的情报可靠吗
How good’s your intelligence?
非常准确
Very good.
那么 除了汤普森医生外还需要留意什么人吗
So what is the rest of his case,aside from this Dr Thompson?
据我们所知 没有了
As far as we know, nothing.
请向康坎农先生转达谢意 也请告诉他 我会去办公室见他
Thank Mr Concannon for me.Please tell him I’ll see him in his office.
早上好 汤普森医生
Good morning, Doctor. Dr Thompson,
正如陪审团所知 事发前 你并没有为黛博拉 安 凯伊诊治过
just so the jury knows, you never treated Deborah Ann Kaye.
– 是这样吗 – 是的
– Is that correct? – That is correct.
我是受邀来提供证词的
I was engaged to render an opinion.
有偿的受邀提供证词 是这样吗
“Engaged to render an opinion” for a price. That is correct?
– 也就是说有人花钱请你来作证的吗 – 和你一样 律师先生
– You are being paid to be here? – Just as you are, sir.
您是委员会认证的麻醉师吗
Are you board-certified in anaesthesiology?
不 我不是 在纽约实践从业是很普遍的…
No, I’m not. It’s quite common in New York State to practise…
是的 我愿意相信这点 可这里是马萨诸塞州
Yes, I’m quite sure it is,but, um… this is, uh, Massachusetts.
那您是否是委员会认证的内科医生呢
Are you board-certified in internal medicine?
不是
No.
– 神经内科呢 – 不是
Neurology? – No.
矫形外科呢
Orthopaedics?
– 我只有医学博士学位 – 那么..
– I’m just an MD. – Ah…
您是否 认识罗伯特 托勒医生呢
Do you, uh, know Dr Robert Towler?
– 我认识他 – 怎么认识的呢
– I know of him. – And how is that?
– 通过他写的书 – 是什么书呢
– Through his book.- What book is that?
理论与实践..
Methodology and Practice…
是麻醉学的
in… in Anesthesiology. Hm.
《麻醉学的理论和实践》
Methodology and Practice in Anesthesiology.
是的
Yes.
– 您多大年纪了 汤普森医生 – 我74岁
– How old are you, Doctor? – I’m 74 years old.
是啊
Uh-huh.
您还在从事临床工作吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!