我不知道 我叔叔常说那里有石油
I don’t know. my uncle always said there was oil there
但是我不知道他们是怎么想的
but I don’t know what they heard or what they think.
-你们养什么 -山羊 那是个山羊牧场
-what do you grow? -it’s goats. it’s a goat farm.
除了草什么都没有
I told you nothing grows but weeds.
-有水吗 -咸的
-is there water? -it’s salty.
钻个井 打上来的水都是咸的
You drill a well, it’s hard not to get salt water.
我告诉你们石油就在那儿
The oil is there. I’m telling you.
-我要走了 -今晚你可以留下来
-i want to go now, so… -you can stay tonight.
不 我想走 我想离开
No. I wanna go now. I wanna leave.
听着 保尔
Listen, paul.
如果我千辛万苦到了那儿发现你对我撒谎
If I travel all the way up there and I find that you’d been lying to me…
我会找到你 让你吃不了兜着走
I’m gonna find you and I’m gonna take more than my money back.
你听清楚了吗
Is that alright with you?
-是的 先生 -好吧
-yes, sir. -all right then.
-祝你好运 上帝保佑 -你也是 年轻人
-nice luck to you. god bless. -and to you, young man.
有人来了
There’s someone coming.
晚上好
Good evening.
晚上好
Good evening.
我叫丹尼尔.普雷弗尤 这是我儿子H.W.
My name is daniel plainview. this is my son hw.
你们在打猎吗
Are you hunting?
打鹌鹑 有人告诉我们
Hunting for quail. we were told there might be
森迪大牧场附近是一个露营的好地方
a good place to camp up near the sunday ranch.
这就是森迪牧场 你们可以在这里露营
This is the sunday ranch. you can camp here.
-谢谢 有水吗 -有的
-thank you. do you have water? -yes.
我听说这儿前几天发生了一次地震 是吗
We heard there was an earthquake up here a few days ago is that right?
是的
Yes.
-你家人如何 -都很好 谢谢
-your family? -yeah, all fine, thank you.
我们有羊奶 不知道你们是否喜欢
We have goats milk if you’d like.
那太好了
That’d be fine.
我们帐篷搭到那边 这样不会挡你们的路
If we set our tent away over there we’d be out of your way over there.
没关系
That’s fine.
露丝 过来帮个忙 顺便带些水
Ruth, help these men and bring them some water.
不用了 H.W.
No, h.w.
普雷弗尤先生 喝点羊奶吧
Mr. plainview – would you like that milk now?
-那太好了 -玛丽 拿些羊奶来
-that’d be fine. -mary, bring them some milk.
我家人会帮你们搭帐篷的
My family will help you set up your tent.
不用了 我们来露营
No, please. we set ourselves on this camping trip.
就要自己搭帐篷
We have to do the camping.
快点
Hurry up.
-你们有面包吗 -我们只有土豆
-do you have bread? -we have potatoes.
土豆也很好 谢谢你
Potatoes would be nice, thank you.
我叫他们去帮你煮一些土豆
I’ll have them boil you up some potatoes.
不用了 我们可以自己生火
That’s alright, I thought maybe we’d make a fire.
我想和我儿子一起生火
I wanted to work with my son on making a fire.
好吧 我叫我儿子伊莱给你们拿些柴火
All right, my son eli will bring you some wood.
感谢你的款待 是森迪先生吧
Thank you so much for the hospitality, mr. sunday.
-是的 -我们不会挡住你的路的
-yes. -we’ll be out of your way.
我们只想打鹌鹑
We just hunting for quail.
-对不起 我们没有面包 -不 没关系
-i’m sorry we don’t have any bread. -no, no.
这里山上长不出谷物 大部分都是岩石
Corn just doesn’t fill out in the hills here. it’s mostly rock
我们也没有地方存放谷物
and we don’t have room to raise the grain.
谢谢你 姑娘
Thank you, young lady.
我叫伊莱
My name is eli.
哦 你是伊莱.森迪
Yes, you’re eli sunday.
欢迎
Welcome.
-H.W. -伊莱
-h.w. -eli.
-你们在打鹌鹑 -是的
-you’re hunting quail? -that’s right.
我们会把晚饭拿过来
We will bring dinner.
谢谢 太感谢了
Thank you, thank you so much.
爸爸 爸爸 看我的鞋子
Dad! dad, look at my shoe.
是地震将石油震出来了
That’s earthquake oil set loose.
-那么… -什么
-so… -so?
如有这儿有石油 我们要将它输送到海边
If there’s anything here, we take it to the sea.
建一条通到华尼梅尔港或圣.宝拉港的油管
What we do is we build a pipeline to port hueneme or santa paula.
差不多有100英里
it’s about a 100 miles
我们和联合石油公♥司♥做个交易
And we do a deal with union oil.
这就是我们需要做的
This is what we do
我们就不需要铁路和油轮运输费用了 你明白吗
and we don’t need the railroads and the shipping costs anymore, you see?
-是的 -你明白
-yeah. -you see that?
是的
Yeah.
然后我们就开始赚钱 赚大钱
And then we’re making money. we’re making the real money
我们赚的钱不用枉费在运费上
that we should be making and not just throwing it away on shipping costs.
否则只是做无用功
Otherwise it’s just mud.
我们要付给他们多少钱
Ho much we gonna pay them?
付给谁
Who’s that?
森迪一家
The sunday family.
我们不会按石油给他们钱
We’re not gonna give them the oil prices.
我们按鹌鹑给他们付钱
We keep them quail prices.
占用你几分钟 我有很重要的事和你商量
A few minutes, there’s something I very much like to talk with you about.
孩子他妈 把姑娘们带出去
Mother would you take the girls outside, please.
恕我直言
I believe in plain speaking.
这是一个漂亮的农场 我喜欢在这儿打鹌鹑
This is a beautiful ranch. I love hunting for quail.
我孩子病了 他需要新鲜的空气
My boy has been sick, you know. he needs fresh air.
医生都说他需要足够的新鲜空气
Doctors all say he needs plentiful fresh air.
艾伯尔 你能为这块地开个合理的价格吗
What would you say would be a fair price for this lot, abel?
-你要买♥♥这块地 -是的
-to buy this place? -that’s right.
你考虑一下
Take a moment.
-对不起 我不知道 -每英亩6美元
-i’m sorry, I don’t know. -six dollars an acre.
6美金 谢谢你 伊莱
Six dollars. thank you, eli.
在改造农场上还花了500美金…
And with the improvements to the ranch over the use at 500 dollars…
我付3700美金买♥♥这个农场 3700美金
I’d like to offer you 3700 dollars for this ranch. that’s $3700.
-不 -上帝派这个人来到这里 伊莱
-no. -the lord has sent this man here, eli.
是 我也这么认为 我付给你们3700美金
Yes, I believe he has. my offer to you is 3700 dollars.
先生 是什么风把你吹来的
What is it that brought you here, sir?
是万能的上帝的指引
The good lord’s guidance.
当然 我们会签订一个租约
And of course within that we’re gonna develop a lease.
-你说什么 -我们的石油怎么说
-what’s that? -what about our oil?
-什么石油? -我们这儿有石油 值不少钱
-what about it? -we have oil here, that’s worth something.
你有人能开采出来吗 你认为这儿有石油?
Do you have someone who can drill for it? do you think there’s oil here?
-我知道这儿有 -钻探的费用太高了
-i know there is. -it’s very expensive to drill.
把它从地下采上来 你试过吗
To get it up and out of the ground. have you ever tried that before?
-要多少钱 -非常贵
-how much is it? -costly.
我们的石油就在地表最上方
Well, our oil sits right up on top of the ground.
我认为只渗出一些石油
I believe that’s gold seepage,
不代表地下就有
doesn’t necessarily mean there’s anything underneath it.
-你用什么来和我们交换 -我不知道
-what would you give us for it? -i don’t know.
-你不知道 -是的
-something you don’t know? -that’s right.
伊莱 你要多少
What would you like, eli?
一万美元
Ten thousand dollars.
-凭什么 -我的教堂
-for what? -for my church.
好吧
That’s good.
那是个不错的教堂
That’s a good one.
如果我们决定开采石油
If we decide to drill for oil
如果油井开始出油
if the well begins to produce
我给你教堂额外的5000美元签约费
i’ll give your church a 5000 dollar signing bonus.
一万
10.000.
伊莱 你难道想重新找其他人来钻探吗
Do you wanna find someone else that’s gonna come up here and drill, eli?
投入资金 费劲精力才去开采
Make the investment and do all the hard work that goes into it?
和这儿一样我去别处也能轻易找到油田
I can just as easily hunt for quail on another ranch as I can here.
我很愿意做教堂的赞助人 尽可能一直做下去
Though I happily be a supporter of your church for as long as I can.
但只是额外地给予赞助
For the bonus only.
我在钻器行业还有些关系
I do have some connections in the drilling business
他们能帮我们搞点先期工作 你认为怎么样 艾伯尔
who might help get us started. how do you feel about this, abel?
好 伊莱说了算
Yes. what eli says.
好的 那我们就签合同 给大家一个机会试试
Well. good. let’s draw up some contracts and let’s give it a try.
伊莱 非常感谢你的帮助
Appreciate your help with this, eli.
-下午好 -下午好
-good afternoon. -good afternoon.
-管地♥产♥的? -是的
-real estate? -yes.
我想和你谈谈
I’d like to talk to you.
我正在找些土地买♥♥卖♥♥ 刚买♥♥下了森迪大农场
I’m looking for some land, I just bought the sunday ranch.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!